Home

The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

This is a discussion on The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightBaylien
I'm really liking this one. I just spent the last 40 minutes reading this all. I'll be following from now on. Keep it up.

I just noticed that you do the Memphis Grizzlies thread, and I love it so far. I've been following it daily so far, so keep up the good work as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #58
Rookie

GAME 20 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | December 13, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(16-3, 8-1 Away)
Toronto Raptors
(11-10, 7-3 Home)
Projected Starters
Jeremy LinPoint GuardRajon Rondo
DeMar DeRozanShooting GuardRay Allen
Perry JonesSmall ForwardPaul Pierce
Andrea BargnaniPower ForwardKevin Garnett
Amir JohnsonCenterMarcus Camby
Injury Report
Game Notes
The last time these two teams met was back at the end of November when the Raptors came to Boston an beat the Celtics 84-77. Andrea Bargnani had a solid game scoring 19 points. Kevin Garnett was injured and did not play in that last game, so he will definitely make a difference.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #59
Rookie

Sorry I just noticed I mixed up the line-ups in the game preview for the game against the Raptors
Old 07-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #60
Rookie

RAPTORS HAVE CELTICS' NUMBER ONCE AGAIN
TORONTO - JANUARY 2:  DeMar DeRozan #10 of the Toronto Raptors dunks against the Boston Celtics during a game on January 2, 2011 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  <br />
<br />
(Photo by Ron Turenne/NBAE via Getty Images)

TORONTO -- The Celtics have been playing with fire the past couple of games and been getting away with it. Well, tonight it finallt burned them as they lost to the Raptors 110-99.

Horendous starts have become a theme for the Celtics the past couple of weeks. Doc Rivers has constantly stated that his team must get off to better starts, but they don't seem to get the picture. They had been finding ways to come back from their deficits, but they were unable to do so tonight.

Toronto jumped out to a 37-25 1st quarter lead and rode that momentum for the rest of the game. The Celtics made runs to cut the lead to 2 and 3 points here and there, but could never seem to grab ahold of the lead.

The Raptors main game tonight was attacking the rim. They got to the free throw line 35 times, compared to Celtics who only went to the line 8 times.

"I'm just going to come out and say it," said Kevin Garnett. "The officiating tonight was terrible; it sucked. Never in my career have I seen a more poorly officiated game. I mean we shot 8 free throws the entire game! It makes no sense. They get payed good money, so they need to do their job just like we do our job. I know David Stern is going to hear this, and I know I'll probably be handing over a nice sized check to him, but I just had to say something about it."

Perry Jones led his team in scoring with 23 points and also added 10 rebounds to go with it.

Paul Pierce continued his hot streak as he finished with 27 points. This was his 7th straight game scoring 20+ points.

The Celtics will try and put this game behind them as their next game is against their division rival New York Knicks. The Knicks have struggled this season, but these two teams always provide a good game when they get together.
Boston Celtics (16-4) at Toronto Raptors (12-10)
Dec 13, 20121234Final
Boston2531192499
Toronto37242029110
Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Paul Pierce - 27 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block
Kevin Garnett - 26 points, 9 rebounds, 7 steals
Toronto Raptors
Perry Jones - 23 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists
DeMar DeRozan - 20 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist
Team Stats Comparison
BOSTOR
FG Made-Att42-9241-71
3PT Made-Att8-161-5
FT Made-Att7-827-35
Rebounds3447
Assists2421
Turnovers915
Steals138
Blocks83
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Following along man. Celts are a rival, but I've always been interested in how Rondo's career would progress, hope you keep this up for long enough to find out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #62
Rookie

*BREAKING NEWS*
CELTICS SHIP AWAY AVERY BRADLEY TO PHILADELPHIA

Late Thursday night Celtics GM Danny Ainge was taking phone calls from around the league on the young, defensive ace Avery Bradley. Well a deal came up that he just couldn't resist.

The Celtics traded Avery Bradley and 2013 1st round draft pick to Philadelphia for Jrue Holiday Thursday night.

Celtic fans were shocked when they awoke to the news Friday morning. Avery Bradley was solid for the Celtics this season as he provided a great spark off the bench. Reports were coming out of the lockeroom that he wanted a bigger role, and the Celtics just didn't have enough minutes for him.

"In order to play and contend for a championship you have to be willing to sacrafice some of your personal wants for the better of the team," said GM Danny Ainge. "Avery couldn't do that, so we had to make moves."

Jrue Holiday has already said that he is willing to take a sixth man role to help this team strive for the ultimate goal; which is a championship. Holiday is averaging 13.5 points and 6.3 assists this season on a Philadelphia team that is stuck in neutral so far.

"I'm excited to get started with this storied franchise," said Holiday. "It reminds me of my days when I was playing at UCLA. When I used to put on that uniform I knew I wasn't just playing a game, but I was playing to carry on the history of that school. That is what I feel like I get to do here in Boston."

Holiday will be in uniform and ready to play against the Knicks Saturday night.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinT
Following along man. Celts are a rival, but I've always been interested in how Rondo's career would progress, hope you keep this up for long enough to find out!

I find it funny that you're a Phildelphia fan because right after I posted the trade news I saw this comment, and thought "Wow a Philadelphia fan, I wonder how he's gonna feel about the trade I just made."

But thanks for following man! I;m defintely gonna try and keep it going for as long as I can.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #64
Rookie

GAME 21 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | December 15, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(16-4, 8-2 Away)
New York Knicks
(7-15, 5-4 Home)
Projected Starters
Rajon RondoPoint GuardKendall Marshall
Ray Allen Shooting GuardIman Shumpert
Paul PierceSmall ForwardCarmelo Anthony
Kevin GarnettPower ForwardAmare Stoudemire
Marcus CambyCenterTyson Chandler
Injury Report
Game Notes
This northeastern rivalry heats up tonight. The Celtics are coming off a loss to the Raptors, but the addition of Jrue Holiday should provide more scoring for Boston. The Knicks are struggling this year, but you can never count yourself out when you have Carmelo Anthony.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »