Home

The Return of a Legend. (CH2K8)

This is a discussion on The Return of a Legend. (CH2K8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
The Return of a Legend. (CH2K8)

This will be my final College Hoops thread. My plan is to showcase the career of B.J. Dezaron, my first fictional coach I created back in 2007 on the 2k forums. I am going to use the orginal OS named rosters from the 07-08. I will sim the first 4 seasons, and recap highlights and records for Coach Dezaron. I will then start game by game recaps for the 2011-2012.

I will be taking 5 player caps per year. The first players will be in the 2011 recruiting class.

My hopes are to continue this thread for as many seasons as Coach Dez can go until he retires. Similar to what Coach Frizzell (SuperJames) has been doing. Who knows maybe I will surpass 100k views but hopefully it is comments that I get. Always appreciate the feedback and support. It's the readers that makes it all worthwhile to post.

Thanks for your past support and looking forward to seeing where Glory Road take Coach Dez this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: The Return of a Legend. (CH2K8)

Good Evening and Welcome to Sportscenter. Tonight we head out west where it was just announced. Coach BJ Dezaron has just been named the Head Coach at Sacremento State.

Coming off a 10-19 Overall record and a 5-11 finish in the Big Sky. The fired Jerome Jenkins and will replace him with 24 yr old BJ Dezaron. Dezaron has never coached at any college level, however this is what the AD had to say about the hiring.

CSUS AD "Coach Dez doesn't have any expierence on the sidelines, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any strengths. He has a great offensive mind, he loves reading scouting reports and attending ABL games and he knows how to sell players on his system and the school he represents"

Coach Dez "Each year I give myself several goals. For the 2007-2008 season I want to finish at least .500. I want my players to enjoy playing for CSUS, and with 6 scholarships I want to land some impact players for our program."

HORNETS HAVE HUGE SUCESS ON AND OFF THE COURT!!

The Hornets started off winning their first 3 games before finishing non-conference play at 5-8. However behind the play of JR SG Loren Leath and SO C Justin Eller the Hornets would finish 3rd in the Big Sky going 10-6. The Hornets would enter the Big Sky tourney on a hot streak having won back to back games and cruise through the quarter and semi finals only to have to face (21-7) Montana in the Championship game.

Behind 31 pts and 13 rebs from Justin Eller the Hornets would pull out the upset beating Montana 81-77, to recieve a 15th seed in the NCAA tourney.

CSUS would fall 91-67 to Wisconsin in the 1st round, but Coach Dez had this to say about his team.

Dez "I felt the guys played great. Going in we new the Badgers would be the toughest team we faced all year, and it would take our best game to win. We didn't play it, so now we will focus on what we can do and that is to find great players for next year"

COACH DEZARON LANDS 6 PLAYERS!!!!

The offseason was a busy one for Coach Dez as he lands the #98 Overall Class in the nation by Scouts Inc, signing 6 3* rated players including 5 from the state of California led by 6'1 PG Ugonna Bazin rated (#190 Overall/#57 PG) and 1 6'6 Frenchman in Kirsten Paker.

Coach Dez "Landing Bazin and Parker give us 2 instant starters next to Leath and Eller next season. The rest of the guys will battle for the 5th starting spot and be our top reserves off the bench. Obviously have only 2 other players returning on our bench, gives all the guys a chance to play major minutes and be a huge impact to our team"

Other important info from the 2007-2008 season.

UNC wins the National Title over Tenessee.

Coach Mark Few leaves Gonzaga to take over Arizona.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 08-05-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am and unless I get called in to help with inventory prep tomorrow, my plan is to catch up to current events and hopefully get in a few games of the upcoming 2011-2012 season.

I have a seperate thread for player caps. So far 3 guys are in. You could be #4.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Pro

delija66's Arena

OVR: 7

Welcome back Deuce
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Excited to see you back!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

You guys should sign up in his CAP thread so we can get the ball rolling.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

2008-2009 Recap

Going into the season Coach Dez knew improving on a 18 win season and a 1st round appearence in the NCAA tourney would be a difficult task, especially with 6 freshman on the roster and 3 of them starting. However leading the way would be last year's Big Sky COY Justin Eller (19.8 PPG 9.8 RPG) and SR SG Loren Leath (15.8 PPG 38% 3pt), so Coach Dez knew they would still have a chance to be competitive.

The Hornets would struggle dropping their first 5 games in back to back non-conference tourneys, however after some adjustments to the rotation and playing time, the Hornets were Buzzing!!. CSUS would win 6 of their next 7 games to finish non-conference play at 6-6. The duo of Eller and Leath would again prove deadly to their Big Sky foe's as CSUS would go 12-4 to finish the regular season with a 18-10 record and the #1 seed in the Big Sky tourney, getting a bye until the Semi Finals. After a 20 pt win over N. Colorado, the Hornets would get a rematch from last year's game with #2 seed (18-12) Montana setting up a chance for Coach Dezaron to pickup a 20 win sesaon.. Eller would flat dominate the game scoring 41 pts, grabbing 8 rebs and blocking 3 shots as he led his team to back to back NCAA appearences and get Coach Dez his goal of 20 wins.

Even with 20 wins, CSUS would still recieve a #15 seed and would face Providence in the 1st round. The Flyers came out flying as 4 players scored over 20 pts as CSUS fell 101-67, ending their great season.

With SR Loren Leath graduating and with 3 other scholarship available, Coach Dezaron knew he would have a busy offseason, but some major shakeups in the coaching carosel made his life even busier..

Coach Dezaron signs a 3 year contract to leave the Big Sky for the WCC.

Coach Dezaron would only have to travel less then 90 miles down I-80 to his next coaching stop.

Coach Dez "My orginal plan was to stay at CSUS until my 3 year contract was up, however I couldn't turn down the chance to come to USF or the WCC. For a Mid-Major Conference the WCC has proven with the success of Gonzaga and Saint Mary's that we make a showing in the NCAA tourney and USF has proven in the past that we can go all the way. (NCAA Champs in 1955 and 1956)"

Moving teams didn't mean that offseason recruiting was over for Coach Dezaron, as he still had 2 scholarships to hand out, and the first person he called was 4* SF Spencer Viegas. Coach Dez had first contacted Spencer after noticing that the larger schools were shying away because of some off court issues, and quickly had CSUS among his Top-3 schools. With the chance to still play for a coach who believe in him along and now to be able to play in the WCC for USF, signing with the Don's was a no brainer for Viegas. Viegas was the #100 Overall Recruit and #21 SF.

With the signing of the 6'5 Viegas and 3* 5'10 PG Marcello Simms (#172/#66 PG) The Don's finished with the #48 Overall recruiting class.

OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS FROM THE NATION

UConn wins the National Title

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »