Home

The Career of Coach Ryne Derozan-(A Closed 2K8 Legacy)

This is a discussion on The Career of Coach Ryne Derozan-(A Closed 2K8 Legacy) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Coach Ryne Derozan-(A Closed 2K8 Legacy)

UCR STAYS PERFECT AT HOME

(1-3) VS (2-3)

Coming home having lost 3 straight games, alot of the excitement from UCR's Final 4 run last year and opening game win this year, had died down around town and the Student Rec Center attedence showed as just 2,000 fans showed up to witness the Highlanders defeat the Aztecs for the 2nd time in a row. UCR took a 38-24 lead in the first half behind the play of the "General" D. Cowlah. Cowlah continued to have a career night in the 2nd half as well, as he finished with a season high 23 pts and was a perfect 7/7 from 3pt in the win.
FINAL SCORE UCR-74 SDSU-50

KEY PLAYERS
D. Cowlah-23 pts 3 asst 8/12 FG 7/7 3pt
R. Patteson-12 pts 1/5 3pt
D. Hinds-9 pts 5 reb 3 stls 2/5 3pt
C. Vargas-8 pts 7 reb
K. Forbes-6 pts 5 asst
B. Pelle-7 pts 7 reb

L. Franklin-13 pts 2/4 3pt
J. Rahon-7 pts 0/5 3pt
FR A. Cole-3 pts 11 reb 1/7 FG 0/4 3pt
(Cole was a 4* recruit rated #66 Overall from Riverside)

Comments from Coach Dezaron-
"Wow. Cowlah was on fire. I think I must have yelled at him at least 3 or 4 times, keep shooting!!!! I am proud of the guy's. We have struggled of late, but they picked a good time to show they can play well and win games. San Diego State is a young team (3 Freshman starting as well), and we lucked out that Cole had such a horrible time shooting tonight. Our staff had him as our #1 recruit last season coming out of high school, and we were disappointed when he turned us down. I expect him to become a star for Coach Fisher"

UP NEXT UCR GOES BACK ON THE ROAD TO TAKE ON (4-5) SANTA CLARA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
DONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I too have a soft spot for the Don's from my time's with them in past legacies. Buzzer beaters still hurt just the same.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Struggling early on in the year after a good first game, although you guys did play some tough teams.

To be honest, this is the type of season I sorta expected. Last year was a fluk. I never imagined being able to go 10-1 in non-conference. As far as Big West and the NCAA tourney I guess I have to thank the CPU for their love of UCR on that one.

With just 7 scholarship players and 6 of them being Freshman, I sorta figure this will probably be a .500 type year. Now I only wish I had scheduled more games at home against some weaker opponents.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

THE ROAD CONTINUES TO BE TO MUCH

(2-3) @ (4-5)

Road games still prove to be to much for this young Highlander team, and Santa Clara took advantage of the home crowd. SCU would make a late first half run outscoring UCR 16-2 to take a 46-33 lead at the break. If it wasn't bad enough that UCR wasn't playing Defense, their Offense struggled as well in the 2nd half as the Broncos cruised to victory.
FINAL SCORE SCU-85 UCR-61

KEY PLAYERS
D. Cowlah-8 pts 1/10 FG 1/7 3pt
R. Patterson-17 pts 5/7 3pt
N. Ricci-10 pts 7 reb
C. Vargas-5 pts 8 reb
B. Pelle-6 pts 6 reb

K. Foster-17 pts 2/7 3pt
F. Buckendahl-12 pts 2 reb
R. Garrett-19 pts 9 reb 4 stls
SCU shot 11/23 from 3pt

Comments from Coach Dezaron.
"At this point I am not sure what to think of this team. Cowlah was perfect earlier in the week going 7/7 then tonight he can't buy a shot. Vargas had a Double Double in the opener, and now has all but disappeared, and minus the 26 pt performance out of K. Forbes in the USF game, he too has joined Witness protection, because nobody can seem to find him"

UC RIVERSIDE HAS A WEEK OFF AS IN-SEASON RECRUITING WRAPS UP. THEN IT'S BACK ON THE ROAD TO TAKE ON SAINT MARY'S BEFORE THEIR BIGGEST ROAD TRIP OF THE YEAR, AS THEY GO TO PLAY IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLAND CLASSIC. 1ST ROUND OPPONENT #12 MARQUETTE.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Welcome to ESPN'S Future Star Highlight Show. This year we will hightlight 10 very special players from around the nation. These 10 players rank among the very best high schoolers in this year's recruiting class.

We start out in the nations captial where we meet 6'7 Johnny Moore (Sanchoo). Ranked #1 Overall/#1 SF.

Moore might not be a high scoring machine, but this kid brings alot of passion and hardwork everytime he steps on the court. Some say he reminds them of a Scottie Pippen/Dennis Rodman type player. Willing to do the dirty work of grabbing rebounds, playing defense against the other teams best player and most of all being unshelfish with the ball, allowing his teammates to take the spotlight. These qualities make him a player every coach want's. He has been quoted saying well he would love to stay home and play for his hometown Hoyas, he is willing and ready to listen to all offers.

Next up we travel to the Big Apple, where we find #2 Overall/#1 PG 5'11Tyrell Coley (Knickerbocker91).

Coley is another player who has skyrocketed up the rankings. Last year as a Junior, Coley was considered a 3* prospect at best, but after moving to his 4th high school in 4 years, Coley too has blossomed into a PG that every coach wishes to have running his team. A pass first PG, who has some of the best ball handling skills in the nation, Coley also boast some amazing defensive skills and even though he is only 5'11 he will mix it up with the bigs grabbing some big boards.

We leave New York for the Longhorn state (Texas). The saying is Everything is Bigger in Texas, and that statement doesn't fall far from the truth when you talk about 6'7 SF Adrian Hines (MarvelousOne). The #3 Overall/#2 SF.

Unlike Moore and Coley, Hines comes in the mold former Longhorn Kevin Durant and is a bigtime scorer, avg over 24 PPG, well also grabbing double digits rebounds (12.4) and dishing out 3.4 APG. He led his team to a Texas High school championship last season, and if things continue this year he will do it again. Now the only question is will he follow in Durant's footsteps and stay instate to play for Coach Barnes.

Now it's back to the east coast, and Camden New Jersey, were we find 6'5 PG Tre "TJ" Jackson (Bulls_Shadow). Rated #4 Overall/#2 PG. Jackson is most know for his 70 point performance well playing at Adidas camp. Scouts INC had this to say about Jackson "If you took Jalen Rose, AI, Derik Rose and Tim Hardaway and put them in a mold, you would come out with Tre Jackson"

We don't have to travel to far to find our next Highlight player. 6'0 PG James Frizzell (SuperJames1992) from Greensboro North Carolina, ranks this year as the #6 Overall Recruit and #4 PG. Like Hines, Frizzell is a scoring machine and has one of the prettiest 3pt shots in the nation, but it doesn't stop there, because some NBA scouts say he also has one of the best mid-range jumpers comparing him to some of the top pro's.
Frizzell will be heavily recruited by instate schools like NC State, UNC, Duke and Wake Forest, but it's been stated his dream would be to play for West Virginia. Guess time will tell if he goes with his dream or stays loyal to one of the instate schools.

It's back to the Big Apple, where we take a look at 6'3 SG Dalton Henry(Footballfan4life). Ranked #8 Overall/#3 SG. Henry has been a star his whole life. He has helped lead his high school to 3 straight championships and as it looks, #4 isn't out of reach. When asked where he wants to go to school, Henry said he is looking for the Best 1 and Done opportunity falling into the shoes of past players who look to college only as a means to get to the NBA.

Our next player is a pretty big mystery. 6'5 SG Jordan Kremmerer (UKWildcat99) hails from Louisville Kentucky. Ranked #10 Overall/#4 SG so why the mystery. Kentucky is a pretty well known basketball state and Kremmerer is a top prospect. However the mystery here is how the 6'5 Kremmerer grew to 6'10 between his JR and SR year. So now with the addition of height to go with his SG skills Kremmerer is being likened to the likes of Lamar Odom and Paul George, however now with his added height, rumor has it he is currently getting help from former Wildcat star A. Davis on his low post game, as his dream is to follow in Davis's shoes and play for Kentucky, even if it's just 1 year.

Well our last 3 hightlight players might not be among the Nations Top-10 Overall. They are still highly rated and highly sought after. #14 Overall/#5 PG 6'0 Jordan James(Harlee23 is a Derik Rose clone. He can do it all. Score, pass, play defense. You name it, he can do it. Like Kremmerer, he has listed Kentucky among is top schools, but also likes both Ohio State and UCLA.

#19/#2 C Chris Mitchell (Vicebeliever42) is our 1st bigman to showcase, and this player has Lebron James star potential Mitchell hails from Boston Mass. Most say he is a cross between D. Howard and A. Bynum. He can score at will, grabs any rebound that hits the glass, and if you come in the paint, expect your shot to be REJECTED!!! His dream is to play for a #1 program like UCLA or UNC, however rumor is if UMass offers, he could spurn the bigtime programs to stay close to home.

Our last recruit is the only player not rated in the Top-20 or given the elite 5* label, however when it's all said and done, many think he could have the best college career.Rated #91 Overall/#29 SG 6'3 David Walls(VandyRedskins21 This Lefty has a deadly 3pt shot and has been compared to legends Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. He can spread the floor allowing teammates to score at will inside and when the game is on the line he will bomb away from the outside like he is shooter who doesn't believe he can miss. The only thing that keeps him from being a 5* prospect and maybe even the #1 Recruit, is the fact he doesn't play Defense.

(Hope you enjoy the writeups on yours and other Caps). I will post where the player signs in the Mid-Season writeup right after I finish posting Non-Conference games.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 2

Nice touch on the notes Duece, you have the potential to be a true analyst. Also I understand how you feel when you went 10-1 I don't usually like that as well but it happens good luck this season.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Will try and get some updates posted tomorrow. Wife and I went out of town for a couple of days, and I picked up Madden 13, so it has been taking up some of my time, but I have the rest of the non-conference played as well as post about what recruits signed early. Also simmed ahead just to see what might happen at the end of the year, and must say I am pretty happy where Coach Dezaron has the potential to go if every happens the same when I finish the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »