Home

The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty

CHICAGO BULLS WIN SEASON OPENER

Sacramento Kings at Chicago Bulls
Oct 31, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Sacramento (0-1)26332221102
Chicago (1-0)28272833116
Sacramento Kings
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Aaron Brooks335-150-55-531101215
Marcus Thornton3510-216-114-48111330
Luol Deng382-60-05-6601019
Thomas Robinson314-130-04-610110112
DeMarcus Cousins324-90-04-57121112
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Isaiah Thomas203-70-12-2140028
Jason Thompson93-30-00-0400106
James Johnson93-60-00-0300106
Chuck Hayes131-30-00-0210002
Jimmer Fredette51-30-10-0020002
Travis Outlaw90-10-00-0231100
John Salmons110-10-00-0320000
TEAM TOTALS36-886-1824-2849266610102
Chicago Bulls
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Derrick Rose389-270-94-42610222
Tyreke Evans306-100-13-42400215
Jimmy Butler292-70-10-0811104
Zach Randolph268-130-03-311110219
Joakim Nnoah288-130-03-310111017
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Richard Hamilton186-103-70-00320015
Nate Robinson184-103-52-21410013
Nazr Mohammed122-30-00-0800104
Greg Oden111-30-01-2400013
Dominic McGuire 141-10-00-0400102
Taj Gibson131-40-00-0711002
Kirk Hinrich110-20-10-0100000
TEAM TOTALS47-1016-2416-184821848116

By John Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

It had been just the performance Tom Thibodeau was hoping for. Perhaps not the Kings points, but more, the team effort that was exerted tonight.

"I thought many different guys filled up the box score tonight, and many more made their mark off the box score. Guys were covering up for each other on offense and defense, and it was great team basketball tonight."

In a game where Bulls' superstar Derrick Rose struggled to hit his shots on 9-27 shooting, starters Joakim Noah and Zach Randolph both notched double-doubles in only 28 and 26 minutes of play, respectively. Things started off slow for the Bulls, only amassing a 2-point lead at halftime, and letting the Kings back into the game repeatedly with botched offensive execution. However, once the 4th quarter started, Derrick Rose took over, scoring 14 points in the frame.

"I had been struggling all game to hit my spots, and my teammates were keeping us competitive. Every time I would miss, they were there to enforce the paint on the other end. It was my turn to pay them back in the 4th quarter. This team is all about winning, so we aren't going to get too caught up in individual stats and shortcomings."

The entire second unit showed why they believed they were the new "Bench Mob", with the bench contributing 39 out of 116 Bulls points, starting right where they left off in 2011-12. They were lead by Richard Hamilton and Nate Robinson, and yet, Taj Gibson, expected to grow this season, and Greg Oden only received 11 minutes of burn each. This Bulls squad is stronger than what they had shown.

A win with Derrick Rose struggling, Tyreke Evans, Taj Gibson and Greg Oden all performing sub-par, and the Bulls still beat-up a Kings squad thought to be a borderling West playoff contender this season. The Bulls can only go up from here.

And that's a scary thought for the rest of the NBA.
Player of the Game: Derrick Rose
Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Pro

Bulls, Heat or Celtics Favourites out East? Part 1

By Kelly Scaletta (NBA Senior Writer) on October 28, 2012 | 180,329 views

The growing consensus around the league is that the East, at least at the top, could be considered stronger than the West.

Did I just here right? The East better than the West?

Yes, and because of three teams: the Celtics, the Heat and the Bulls. All three bring their unique styles with them, and unique personnel, but one thing that all three possess is killer defense. And I mean killer. Between the three, you have: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Shane Battier, Joel Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee, Avery Bradley, Darko Milicic, Jason Collins, Joakim Noah, Zach Randolph, Taj Gibson, Nate Robinson, Kirk Hinrich, Jimmy Butler, Dominic McGuire and Greg Oden.

Whew! When your team possesses 1285083 great defenders, you know that will automatically propel you to one of the top teams in the conference, East or West. Vegas currently has the following odds on the team's title chances:

Bulls: 3-1
Heat: 5-2
Celtics: 4-1

I will be breaking down each team's roster, first offensively, than defensively.
On the Bulls side, offensively, they're a well-oiled machine. Ex-GM Gar Forman and new GM Kenneth Williams have done well to pair drivers (Evans, Rose) with shooters (Robinson, Hinrich, Hamilton, Randolph) and post-proficient bigs (Oden, Randolph, Noah). All-in-all, they can go in the half-court very well, and in the full-court, as their role players couple as superb athletes and high leapers. The Bulls do enough to keep you honest, whether it's the drive, the dish, the dump-down inside, or the hustle points off of offensive boards. There is no clear way to stop this team, as we saw in the Sacramento game, when Rose is cold, anyone else can step up. They're 10 deep.

The Heat also possess a similar blueprint to the Bulls, yet worlds apart. In their LeBron and Wade pairing, they have two dynamic, driving athletes who will get to the whole seemingly at will, yet when the defense collapses, they are two of the best passers at their position, and will always find a group of Chalmers, Allen, Battier, Lewis, Jones or their othe 321229 3-point shooters wide open. Chris Bosh is also adding a 3-point shot to his reperitoire, and in the pre-season, it looked effective. Not Steve Novak-esque, but respectible. Their defense is what makes them go. As we listed up top, they have at least 6, 7 ample defenders on their roster, all capable of blocking a shot or forcing a steal. Once Wade and James get out in transition, It's game over. A defender being in their way is just one bump in the road to an eventual high-flying jam, or and-one drive.

In the Celtics, we have the least potent offensive team. Rajon Rondo is the key, with his ball-fakes, head fakes and jukes, despite his lacking jumpshot (which has looked good post-playoffs) he will still find a way to get the rock inside to KG, or outside to Pierce, Terry, Bradley and Allen. KG will be a major force at the center position, punishing the slower East centers, and feasting on them on defense. I expect a near All-Star campaign from "The Big Ticket" and a rejuvinated Celtics offense with him. Jason Terry, Barbosa, Bradley and Lee add 3-point shooting that compensates well for Ray Allen's depature, and they still have a shot-creator in Jason Terry who will complement the new Big 3 well. If Rondo can improve beyond his playoff performance, don't ever count out the Celtics attack.

Overall, offensively, Chicago would be my best bet. They have it all on their roster, but perhaps a 3-point shooting improvement will be needed, especially from the SF spot, where Jimmy Butler and Dominic McGuire won't provide much beyond defense.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
Pro

Matchup Preview *|* November 2, 2012
@
Chicago Bulls
(1-0, 0-0 Away)
Cleveland Cavaliers
(0-1, 0-1 Home)
Stats Comparison
116.0Points Per Game103.0
46.5Field Goal %57.5
88.9Free Throw %73.7
25.03-Point %38.5
58.0Rebounds35.0
4.0Blocks3.0
8.0Steals10.0
7.0Turnovers17.0
102.0PPG Allowed108.0
Projected Starters
Derrick RosePoint GuardKyrie Irving
Tyreke EvansShooting GuardDion Waiters
Jimmy ButlerSmall ForwardAlonzo Gee
Zach RandolphPower ForwardTristan Thompson
Joakim NoahCenterAnderson Varejao
Injury Report
Game Notes
The Chicago Bulls were 24-9 on the road last season. The Cleveland Cavaliers were 11-22 at home last season.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

Los Angeles Lakers (NBA Champions)
vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
Pro

Kobe to ESPN: Bulls trades "shocking", makes them "better"

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar | ESPNLA.com in association with Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

LOS ANGELES - Never being one to shy away from NBA-related opinions, especially this off-season and off-season, Kobe Bryant recently chimed in on the two trades the Chicago Bulls made in the Kenneth Williams era, and the signing of Greg Oden, as part of a revealing interview with me, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, just two days before the regular season was scheduled to begin for the Lakers, against the Dallas Mavericks.

"The Bulls are right back into title contention, now that they've acquired Zach Randolph and Tyreke Evans, two very good players, Top 50 players in this league, and you combine that with D-Rose and Jo[akim Noah], that's four Top 50 players in one. And they're not selfish stars either, they're willing to give up stuff for the team, because that's how the Bulls are. Tom Thibodeau has done a great job getting them to buy into team play, especially on the defensive end, and any time we will play them, hopefully in the Finals..." Kobe said with a wink, "...they'll be grinders. They'll fight for every loose ball, every rebound, and contest every shot. They give 110% from the opening tip to the final buzzer."

Kobe also went on to commend the Bulls for signing oft-injured, former number 1 pick Greg Oden.

"Oden always had a lot of talent, I mean, look at his per 36 minute numbers. I heard from J.A. Adande, that It's 15 points and 11 rebounds. That's All-Star numbers in today's NBA. Probably not justifiable in drafting over Durant, but still star numbers. He still has potential. He's 24...that sad look on his face makes it look like 34, so I see what people say." he chuckled.

Fellow superstar LeBron James also chimed in on the trade during an interview during an open practice:

"People was saying that Booz's [Boozer's] contract was "untradeable" or something, they just forget he was very serviceable offensively, I just think that he was in the wrong system, the wrong personnel. I thought the Bulls would've been better off signing a David Lee-type player in the 2010 off-season. But, perhaps then we wouldn't have won the championship!"

The consensus around the league is that the Bulls have vaulted into East favourites, but James maintains that his Miami Heat still have the edge.

"It's definitely us." he said when asked about who the East favourites were. "But Chi-town's up there. They'll be a tough out. They're great offensively and defensively like we are, but I think we have a slight edge in a 7-game series." he said. "It'll be competitive. Fun and competitive."

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)

Last edited by K.So; 10-28-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Wow, never thought I'd come away thinking Kobe had less of an ego than Lebron but that article made me think that. Lebron's like "It's definitely us."

Um ... no thanks. Stomp. The. Heat.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Wow, never thought I'd come away thinking Kobe had less of an ego than Lebron but that article made me think that. Lebron's like "It's definitely us."

Um ... no thanks. Stomp. The. Heat.
Haha, those in-depth conversations he has for ESPN are where he sounds pretty smart and not as egoistic. We will stomp the Heat, we will :P

LeBron's high on Ray Allen and the shooters IRL.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)

Last edited by K.So; 10-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
Rookie

How did you get Dominic McGuire? Signed as an FA or trade with the Raptors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballredsox
How did you get Dominic McGuire? Signed as an FA or trade with the Raptors?
I signed him as an FA. Pretty good for defensive purposes.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »