Home

The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Unstopa-Bulls: A Chicago Bulls Association Dynasty

Oh my! Rockets vs. Bulls finals. Nice. Lin vs. Rose should be fun (for D-Rose). Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Oh my! Rockets vs. Bulls finals. Nice. Lin vs. Rose should be fun (for D-Rose). Good luck!
Yep. Definitely!

The Rockets got lucky as hell, though!:

Round 1: DeMar DeRozan out for the series
Round 2: Kevin Durant out for the series
Round 3: Dwight Howard out for the series

Let's hope D-Rose's injury issues won't plauge us!

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

Los Angeles Lakers (NBA Champions)
vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Pro

NBA FINALS PREVIEW

By ESPN NBA staff

The 2012-13 NBA season is nearly at it's end, unfortunately. Fortunately, however, we have a great match-up (as always) in the NBA Finals. In this article, we will have contributions from all the ESPN NBA staff: Elias Sports Bureau, ESPN Stats & Info, 5-on-5, preview, predictions, analysis, key matchups, Daily Dime...everyone!

Rockets vs. Bulls: Analysis, Breakdown and Predictions

By Stats LLC

James Harden and the resurgent, team-oriented Houston Rockets will travel to the Windy City tomorrow to face Derrick Rose, Andre Iguodala and the rest of the Chicago Bulls - 12 deep.

Derrick Rose and his Bulls are coming off a 4-0 shellacking of the Miami Heat, and that will do a lot for any team's confidence, especially a team like this year's 75-win Chicago Bulls, who are riding a wave of resurgence. However, in their own right, the Houston Rockets, the cinderellas of the basketball world are on their own high, after defeating the Lakers' 4-2, a team many of the Los Angeles faithful could eclipse the 72-win mark; now, the Rockets face a team with those expectations to one that actually did it. The Chicago Bulls.

Time: Tomorrow, 7:00 ET
TV: NBA on ESPN, NBA on ABC, NBA TV, TSN, Sportsnet (Canada)
Where: Chicago, Illinois
Playoff Records: Bulls (12-3), Rockets (12-6)
Betting Line: Bulls -10.5

Key Storyline: Can the Cinderella Rockets continue their magic?

Could this be the view Jeremy Lin and the Rockets have of their third banner in team history come next season?

The Rockets have been the definition of Cinderella this season - from a team pegged to land the No. 1 overall pick in the beginning of free agency, to a team playing for their first championship since Hakeem Olajuwon donned a Rockets jersey. Don't be to hasty to count out the Rockets, as they haved faced a multitude of luck throughout the playoffs, with each team they faced having a top player injured (DeRozan, Durant, Howard). Let's not hope that one of the Bulls' top stars (Rose, Iguodala, Randolph, Noah) suffers the same fate as the first three.

Key Match-up: Andre Iguodala vs. James Harden

James Harden: "I'm not fazed by anyone in this league." when asked about matching up and being guarded by Andre Iguodala

This matchup will determine the series. Iguodala's defense will be key for the Bulls as they aim to try and stop Houston's top option, James Harden, who has been sensational these playoffs (26.7 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 7.6 APG, .532 FG%) causing many experts to proclaim him the top shooting guard in the world, above Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. The last time these two met up together, Iguodala held Harden to a mere 5-15 shooting, as the Bulls marched to one of their record 75 wins in the regular season. However, Harden seems like a new man, and Iguodala will again have to step up to the task.

To enhance the Bulls' chances, I expect Iguodala to again - be playing heavy minutes as he has all playoffs look as he records a team high in minutes per game - as he has had the task of guarding John Wall, Bradley Beal, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Arron Afflalo and now - James Harden.

On the flip side, if Harden cannot limit Iguodala's 4-tool versatility, the Rockets may themselves be finding themselves in a larger hole than the Bulls with Harden.

X-Factors: Joakim Noah and Omer Asik

Joakim Noah is averaging a double-double in the playoffs

These two former teammates now hold the un-sexy but tremendously important job a defensive center has. To rebound, hustle, and lock down the paint, and occassionally generate offense from dunks and dump down passes and offensive rebounds. The Bulls and Rockets are two of the best rebounding teams in the NBA these playoffs (Bulls #1, Rockets #4) and their work on the boards has been a critical juncture for their team's respective successes. It's going to be a bruising physical battle, and both will be called upon defensively to stop the in-the-paint play of Derrick Rose, Andre Iguodala and Terrence Williams (Asik) or Jeremy Lin and James Harden (Noah). Whichever of these two can notch the most boards, I expect their team to come away with the Larry O'Brien trophy in two weeks' time.

X-Factors: The Bulls' Bench Mob

Taj Gibson has shown up, but what about the rest of the Bulls' 'Bench Mob'?

Much of the Bulls' regular season success was attributed to the 'Bench Mob', headlined by Nate Robinson, Greg Oden, Richard Hamilton and Taj Gibson. However, throughout the playoffs, they have been a dissapointment, with Robinson and Hamilton converting on less than 40% of their shots. However, the Bulls are lucky Taj Gibson came to play - he wants a contract extension in free agency and a ring.

Prediction: Bulls win 4-1

There are just too many factors that favour the Bulls: scoring, rebounding, defense, the bench, field goal %...I could go on for days it seems. However, the Rockets have been resurgent in the face of adversary and I expect them to at least take one game at home, whether It's game 3 or 4, I don't know.

The Bulls were built to score, and they will score, whether it's in the paint, in transition, from the arc, in the post, from mid-range, wherever. They have the guns to attack the Rockets' 20th ranked defense, and will do so quickly.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #68
Pro

I have finished playing the Finals, but by the weekend (Sunday), I will have:

-game-by-game recap and box scores
-league-wide news (retiring, coach retirings, etc.)
-free agency preview
-NBA Finals analysis
-Draft Preview
-Storyline Additions

And I will be doing a special something for the NBA Finals Championship clinching game.

I have school, so this is something I do for my amusement, and hopefully to entertain you all!

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #69
Rookie

letsgocavs99's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.So
I have finished playing the Finals, but by the weekend (Sunday), I will have:

-game-by-game recap and box scores
-league-wide news (retiring, coach retirings, etc.)
-free agency preview
-NBA Finals analysis
-Draft Preview
-Storyline Additions

And I will be doing a special something for the NBA Finals Championship clinching game.

I have school, so this is something I do for my amusement, and hopefully to entertain you all!
Very entertaining, keep up the good work!

Check out my NCAA 14 UTEP Miners Dynasty! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-dynasty.html
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgocavs99
Very entertaining, keep up the good work!
Thank you! Appreciate it!

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

whew!great read and very entertaining!hope kenny's fine..gotta love the bulls!keep up the great work bro!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrus001
whew!great read and very entertaining!hope kenny's fine..gotta love the bulls!keep up the great work bro!
Appreciate it!

BULLS TAKE GAME ONE 106-85
Andre Iguodala a standout with Rose in foul trouble

Andre Iguodala showed why he was an All-Star for the second time in his first game in the Finals

By J.A. Adande | ESPN.com

CHICAGO - The Bulls wanted to make a statement in Game 1 of the Finals, and boy did they make a statement indeed, setting the tone on both ends of the floor. From the opening tip until the final buzzer, the rag-tag team-oriented approach to every game proved successful against the Cinderella-story Houston Rockets.

It's been an uphill battle for the Rockets all playoffs, and like the Bulls, brought a team approach to the game as well. However, it was the Bulls, lead by two-time Coach of the Year Tom Thibodeau, executed through and throughout the game. Offensively, the Bulls were lead by - not Derrick Rose - but sidekick and All-Star Andre Iguodala, who came up with many big plays on both ends of the floor to spell Rose while he was in consistent foul trouble and on the bench for the tail ends of quarters because of it - Rose finished with 5 fouls.

"That's my job, Iguodala said in the press conference, "I can be the lead man, I can be a sidekick, and tonight I showed I can do both well, and great to get the W."

Derrick Rose was in approval of Iguodala's performance on the night:

"Iggy made some big plays, and he chipped in everywhere tonight - he's been going through a pounding, guarding everyone from John Wall to LeBron [James] to James [Harden], and he still gets it done offensively - that's the strength of this team; we have twelve, thirteen guys on the roster who can come in, step up and perform. That's a great thing to have as a leader on this team."

Branded as one of the X-Factors coming into the Finals, Noah showed his worth throughout the game, filling in the little roles for the Bulls all night.

"Whatever I need to do, I'll go and do it." Noah remarked "I'm not the most talented guy offensively, but I think I fill my role well - I want this ring."

And fill his role he did, as Noah finished with a playoff-high 15 rebounds (avg. 10.3 RPG) and showed his versatility, totalling 4 assists and even bringing up the ball for one possession. Noah was instrumental in holding Jeremy Lin and James Harden to a combined 13-for-35 shooting from the floor, and 1-for-9 from downtown.

For the Bulls, tonight's game against the Rockets was the first time in over two months that less than 5 Bulls managed to score in double figures (Noah-8, Gibson-9).

On the Rockets' side of the ball however, the seemed lost and disoriented all game, as they seemed to settle for long-twos and low percentage shots, and never seemed to take advantage of a Bulls squad playing without Rose for some stretches, in what could've been momentum-changing stretches, as Rose accumulated many fouls at the end of quarters.

"That's unacceptable" Rockets' coach Kevin McHale said post-game, I told the guys we can't be settling - we can't be conceding to our opponents...if we did that all playoffs we could've been eliminated in the second round."

Though not to discredit Harden (21/9/5) and Lin's (14/10/4) performances, what lost the game for the Rockets' was the bench production, where only two reserves totaled over 2 points, and contributions in other areas were minimal.

HOW THE WEST WAS WON: To pull out the win against the Rockets, the Bulls executed yet another of their defensive gems, allowing the Rockets only 32-90 shooting. The big men up front, Zach Randolph, Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson were huge factors in this strategy, as their rugged defensive acumen were tailor-made to thwart driving players like Jeremy Lin. On the perimeter, switching different players: Taj Gibson, Andre Iguodala, Jimmy Butler, Terrence Williams and Derrick Rose threw shooting extroadinnaire James Harden off his game as none of the Rockets could pick up steam.

MVP: Andre Iguodala. With Derrick Rose struggling to hit his shots (6-17) and ever get into the rhythm of the game like he normally does, Iguodala paced the Bulls on both ends, with 22 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.

LVP: Though Omer Asik brought a tenacious and valiant effort on the glass (9 boards) against double-double monster Joakim Noah, it wasn't quite enough as Noah's night on the offensive glass resulted in many extra possessions and points for the Bulls, something that is costly especially for an underdog. Offensively, Asik kept with the Rockets' custom tonight of struggling from the field...Asik went 1-10 and as the game went on, Noah defenitely got into Asik's head, and it was evident on multiple camera shots of his face, and as each shot clanged off the rim, Asik got more and more flustered as the game progressed.

X-Factor: Joakim Noah did a bit of everything: score some (8 points, 4-8), pass some (4 assists), block some (1 block) and played tenacious defense on Omer Asik and altered multiple shots, especially those of Jeremy Lin and James Harden, and rebounded - not some - a lot (15 boards)

NEXT: The Bulls and Rockets will duel again on Thursday at the United Center in Chicago.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

vtcrb Rosters (SS)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »