Home

Tyler Kroyle -|The Legacy|-

This is a discussion on Tyler Kroyle -|The Legacy|- within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #49
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tyler Kroyle -|The Legacy|-

Wildcats prepare for 2012-13 season

After a terrible 2011-12 campaign, the Wildcats whom are now healthy and rested will be preparing for the 12-13 season in a completely different manner. Returning four of five starters from the squad a year ago is typically a good thing but analysts projected this team didn't make enough moves through recruiting and didn't show enough progress through practice to move out of the last place finish.

Tyler Kroyle seemed to think differently. "I have faith in this team, last season we felt eachother out. This year will be a true full season under my belt and theirs. We will know what we expect, our weaknesses and strengths, everything. I feel this team is a clearly better product than last year!"

Point Guard:
Garrett Jones (SO) 6'0 185 LBS
Jordan Bronner (JR) 6'0 177 LBS

Garrett Jones is coming off a solid rookie campaign and should improve over his performance of a year ago. After a strong start, the freshman ended up finishing with 11.3 points per game. As a convert from the two guard his assist totals weren't impressive averaging 3.1 a game. The streaky guard will need to be a better facilitator of this offense if success is to follow. He isn't a freshman anymore and mistakes will need to be at a premium rather than common place. Jordan Bronner will be coming off the bench in limited minutes which isn't ideal, but after losing the starting job and suffering an injury midway through last season it's unsure how he will cope.

Shooting Guards:
Patrick Konan (JR) 6'7 215 LBS
Scott Morris (JR) 6'2 200 LBS
Tommy McConnell (SO) 6'4 184 LBS

Patrick Konan returns to the starting line up after an off and on again performance a year ago. Konan finished with 9.2 PPG and 4.4 RPG, both of which are solid totals. He was largely inconsistent however and in the endless shuffling of the lineup a year ago he ended up being a sixth man. With Chandler Rhodes showing little production at the 2 and Ferg Myrick able to move back to the three, Konan slid into the starting line up.

Scott Morris was another streaky scorer that at his best is a long ball threat that is nearly automatic. He most likely will finish his career as a bench player but his scoring ability cannot be underestimated. McConnell is a walk on from Durham that can pop the occasional shot but largely went on the bench a year ago. His involvement should be more extensive this season but don't expect too much.

Small Forward
Ferg Myrick (SR) 6'6 211
Chandler Rhodes (SR) 6'4 199
DeAndre Buckley (JR) 6'5 210
Jeron Trotman (SR) 6'6 214

This group has two starters from a year ago, Ferg Myrick played a majority of his time at the two or four, while Chandler Rhodes started the season at two and finished at the three. Myrick now has an opportunity to finish his career at his native position. The Pittsburgh native will need to improve on his performance from a year ago, with only 8.6 points per game and 4.9 rebounds per game the team needs him to step up and be the captain that Tyler Kroyle sees him as. Hitting the shots and playing defense will be key.

Chandler Rhodes was a two guard with the liability of being a poor spot up shooter. Given that, he was inevitably moved to the three where he would be better suited as more plays would call for him to be setting picks and rolling or cutting to the basket rather than trying kick out shots. Rhodes started the season averaging 4.2 PPG at the 2, but jumped up to 8.3 at the 3.

Deandre Buckley was a roleplayer from a year ago, with only three points per game and averaging one rebound his impact was not very quantifiable. This season the team will ask him to step up more and the Michigan native seems to be responding well. Much of the same can be said for Jeron Trotman, the senior three hadn't played much a season ago and will be used sparingly this season.

Power Forward
Kazadi Nyanguila 6'8 241 LBS
Chris Matagrano 6'9 235 LBS

Slightly undersized in Kroyle's eyes, Nyanguila had his share of struggles a year ago, seen somewhat as a defensive liability his work seemed to have improved as the season wore on, his scoring totals raised and his rebounding figures were well enough to keep him in the starting line up. He closed out the year at 7.3 PPG and 6.2 RPG. He isn't much of a talent in any singular aspect but is largely mediocre across the board. He is a capable starter to hold down the spot until relief comes through recruiting.

Matagrano was slated to be a reserve for the duration of the 11/12 season but after struggles in the post came to be too big, he was thrust into the line up and preformed admirably. He struggled at times but managed to post a 14 point performance as well as a double double in a game coming off the bench, those glimpses of prowess will surely result in more minutes this season.

Center
Dyron McCormick (FR) 7'2 272

The center position had no true starter a year ago and will now be held down by raw center Dyron McCormick. He has shown some signs of ability through practices thus far and his height is a clear advantage. He lacks much speed and his scoring may be a liability. He was getting posted up on by smaller players throughout preseason training camp and will need to develop a presence under the hoop to hold off Matagrano for the starting center slot.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Tough season, but realistic. Hopefully, you can turn it around this season. You better, unless you want to be out of a job soon!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #51
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Hah I know! This team was is a real challenge, really streaky. If I can establish a defense it would help balance it out a lot but teams were tearing us apart year one. Hopefully things will be a lot smoother this year, a .500 season should keep the seat from getting hot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #52
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Good luck this season and hopefully you are more successful this season!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #53
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
Good luck this season and hopefully you are more successful this season!
I hope so too, I lost a lot of recruits I wanted and had to settle for players but that's what happens at small colleges!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #54
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Friday, November 8th, 2012
New Hampshire Wildcats (1-0) 68
@ Delaware Blue Hens (0-1) 47

UNH 34 34 68
DEL 31 16 47

Freshman goes off as defense clamps down in second half of blow out

Delaware came into this game as a slight favorite and ended up being blown off their home court. This was in large to freshman, Dyron McCormick who scored sixteen pulled in twenty rebounds and added three blocks. "I'd love to say I saw this kind of performance coming but I didn't" Spoke Tyler Koch in the post game interview.

The entire starting five did well enough, Garrett Jones picked up where he left off with ten points and five boards, while Patrick Konan picked up eleven points and six boards. Ferg Myrick was the only starter to struggle with a 2-9 shooting performance that led to only five points, he would tie the team lead with five assists however. Kazadi Nyanguila had just gone a basket away from a double double with eight points and eleven boards. The bench was fairly quiet simply serving as a breather for the strong starting group.

The Blue Hens shot under 40% as a team with their leading scorer going .333 from the field. Devon Saddler struggled against Garrett Jones while managing to post a team high thirteen points. Russ Darag a freshman point guard playing at the two would add ten points shooting a shot above .400. Jamelle Hagins was outclassed by Dyron McCormick who had half a foot on the power forward. He managed twelve rebounds but only two points. The Blue Hens played eight deep and two of the reserves were shut out from the field. Khalid Lewis had the best shooting performance shooting 66% from the field, scoring eight in eight minutes.

Fatigue and a small bench did Delaware in, coming out of the tunnel tired as opposed to the Wildcats whom opened up the bench. The Wildcats dominated the boards mainly credited to Dyron McCormick and Kazadi Nyanguila. Only Jeron Trotman did not get playing time in the Wildcats victory. The Wildcats will travel to Miami to take on the Hurricanes whom are a heavy favorite.

New Hampshire Wildcats
Rebounds: McCormick 20
Assists: T- Jones and Myrick 5

Delaware Blue Hens
Rebounds: Hagins 13
Assists: 4 tied at 2
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #55
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

I spy with my little eye McCormick earning Conference Player of the Year honors. Abuse the paint!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #56
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
I spy with my little eye McCormick earning Conference Player of the Year honors. Abuse the paint!
That'd be great, he really neutralizes the paint but not so much in our next game, which hurt us big.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »