Home

Building a Kingdom: A Sacramento Kings Association

This is a discussion on Building a Kingdom: A Sacramento Kings Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Building a Kingdom: A Sacramento Kings Association

22nd Nov 2012: 1.45pm:

As TJ changed into his practice gear and suiting up for his first practice as a King a voice called out to him

"Aye Rook after practice is done make sure you bring our bags around the front aite"

It was DeMarcus Cousins who was the team's best player and one of the leaders of this team he had a reputation around the league as a talented but immature player.

"Alright man no worries ill bring them around when were done at Practice"

Rookie Hazing was part of the NBA and it was common practice it didn't matter if you were the first pick or the last pick in the draft you had to do anything that the veterans told you to do it was a way of life in the NBA. TJ thought to himself he better do as DeMarcus said even though he didn't particularly like the guy just to keep the peace.

As all the kings players assembled coach Keith Smart Walk in with a clipboard and a whistle ready for practice to begin.

"Alright team huddle up get in everyone. OK well last game was pretty crap to be honest were 2-10 and not looking good but here we start again to improve it all starts here in the gym of the practice floor we need to practice hard. Ok before we start just want to introduce the newest member of the team TJ Fitzgerald TJ wave out

TJ waved his hand up in the air.

"Alright start of with warmup and we will get straight into it."

As practice begun the team went through of drills including fitness drills and a number of shooting drills to begin with and went into some team drills as well. They began running a offense known as the triangle offense a very complicated offense but if implemented correctly would be beneficial to the team until practice finished up with a 5 on 5 scrimmage.

" alright scrimmage time ok i want James,Reke,Dmac,T-Rob,Ice and Chuck,Jason,TJ,Marcus and Jimmer of the other side.

TJ felt the scrimmage was being played to slow or with not enough effort in Laker practices it went hard 100% all the time every drill but it just seemed like everyone was taking it easy and with Geoff Petrie,Chris Webber amongst others in attendance he felt it was a perfect opportunity for him to display his talents and secure his future with the club.

When Isiah brought the ball up TJ marked up on him on a switch with Jimmer and guarded him as Ice dribbled the ball TJ anticipated a pass and cut it off and ran down the court and threw down a thunderous tommahawk Jam. From then on practice lifted intensity all players on the team played hard with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus cousins dominating on one side and TJ and Marcus Thornton on the other the score tied at 52 with a few mins to go. TJ guarded up on Tyreke it was intense as the game closer to the end Reke passed to Cousins on the low post he went to work as went for the turnaround jumper over Hayes TJ came in from the weak side and came up with a backside block which he recovered. He brought the ball down court and dribbled out the clock until 10 secs remain

he saw the double team coming from James Johnson and Tyreke he cross over to his left and then back to his right dribbled foward turn his back and step back for a fadeaway jumpshot ............ swish nothing but net.

"Wow that boy got game" Chris Webber whispered to Geoff Petrie
" That was amazing i think were onto something here Chris" Petrie replied

"Alright good practice today guys well done way to boost the intensity around here that had been lacking for some time Team list will be put up in a about 20 mins so make sure to check it before you leave"
. Coach smart said

Alright Kings on 3 1...2...3..

As practice finshed up TJ felt good about what he did in practice he showed his new teammates and coaches on what he was capable of doing and felt like he gained some respect but he had a lot more to earn.

"Nice game out there rook
Good Job rook
Rook way to keep your cool out there man
"

However one of his fellow team mates praised him for his efforts one player wasn't happy at all

"Aye rook you knew you fouled me man that was a foul you didnt get the ball clean"
DeMarcus didnt seem to impressed with what TJ had done.

"Are you serious that was all ball no hand on that if you didn't shoot the ball so low i might of not got it" TJ replied

"The hell you say rook you better not be disrespecting me right now"

" IM just saying that your shot was so low that it was kinda easy to block that IS all"

"Get the f*** outta here that was a lucky play and you know it. You best not think you can come up here on my team and disrespect me like that. Next time Ill get you back rook i promise you

"Looking foward to it man"

"Dont forget my f**** bags rook before you leave"

TJ knew he just began on the team but he didn't want to get punked out on his first day and decided to stand up for himself. He knew people like DeMarcus his whole life nothing but bullys. TJ Knew however not a good idea to start beef with the best player on the team at your practice. As he finished getting changed Coach Smart walked past

"TJ good practice out there kid did a lot today especially learning a whole new offense really impressed a lot of people today."

"Thanks coach we ran a bit of the triangle in college and when i was in Spain so i know the basics and stuff."

"Thats a good thing now you know the basics you wont have hard time understanding or take longer to learn than the others here. Listen James and Francisco are a bit banged up at the moment and i know it a lot pressure to put on you now but there is a chance you might play extended Mins against the Jazz ok so get plenty of rest and ill see you tomorrow ok

"Wow coach i don't know what to say thanks coach i wont let you down"

"Make sure you don't TJ this is the big time now screw this up and you might not get another shot. The team list is up in the office ill see you tomorrow at practice "

Coached walked away TJ excited and relieved that he finally got some playing time and not garbage mins as well, As he packed up his gear and got ready to leave he remembered coach saying the team list was up he turned left to the office and saw the list all his new teammates were around the list

Aye rook well done being here 5 mins and you getting some playing time" Chuck Hayes Joked
TJ well done man i didnt expect this fast but do well " James Johsnon said

TJ intially thought it was just him getting some playing time but turns out he was wrong. It said on the List

STARTING LINEUP AGANIST JAZZ:

C: DeMarcus
PF:JASON
SF:TJ
SG:REKE
PG:ICE

Tj had earned his first start in the NBA he had been promoted to start aganist the Jazz. The levels of excitement were high he he didnt expect this not in the first day after practice. But he knew he had to step his game up now because not everyone would be happy for him starting he had to prove that he deserved to play let alone start. But he wondered was he ready to play in the NBA and could he handle it only time will tell

TBC
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Last edited by Skuxx24; 11-29-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

By Greg Wissinger Nov 23rd 2012 2:45PM

Kings Add Brian Shaw to Implement new offense. Eric Bledsoe possibly on his way to Sacramento??

A New era of Kings Basketball will be ushered in by will add to results??

The Kings have added former Laker and pacer assistant coach Brian Shaw to the staff to implement the famed triangle offense that he was apart of both as a player and coach in Los Angeles.

"Adding a guy like Brian to our staff is huge bringing all his knowledge and philosophies that he learned over the years will be invaluable to our organization"

GM Geoff Petrie added "He is a up and coming coach in the league and we were very fortunate to add a coach of Brian's caliber to the staff and hope he can help Keith, the staff and players achieve what we have set out to do as a group"

By implementing the triangle offense Coach Smart looks to emulate the success Shaw had in LA with it.

"We as a group decided it was time for a change what we were running was obviously not working as we are 2-10. I think it was necessary to change philosophies and ideas our offense was struggling and we needed to bring in a system that would benefit us as a team and i think the Tri can do that"
Smart said

Only time will tell if this new offense will work with the young kings as it is a complicated system to learn.

In other news the Kings also have reportedly have inquired to the Clippers about the avalibility of electric point guard Eric Bledsoe. Bledsoe who is averaging only 15 mins a game sitting behind all star Chris Paul in LA and is not getting consistent playing time. Sources have claimed that the Kings will send Isaiah Thomas and a 2013 1st round pick for Bledsoe. When asked to comment Petrie brushed off rumors of Bledsoe.

"He is a great player no doubt and would help us a lot i think but we are talking to alot of teams and that is all i can say at this time."

I like how under new management the Kings look refreshed and re energized it seems to me anyway that they are looking to build something with this group maybe the team can return to the glory days here. With the Sacramento Sports group money now in his back pocket maybe now Petire can maneuver some moves to turn this team into a playoff team and now that the Maloofs are gone Petrie will have the freedom he had a dedcade ago to build this team again. I like the direction this team is heading.

The Kings tipoff tonight aganist the Jazz .

POLL: Do you think the Kings should add Eric Bledsoe
?

A: Yes they should terrific player just needs a chance to play

B: No we are fine at the Point

C: Maybe not Bledsoe but bring in someone else to play the point

Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Like the Kings IRL; fan of them. Interesting concept. Will definitely keep following ATM.

DISCONTINUED:

Current Association:

Los Angeles Lakers (NBA Champions)
vtcrb Rosters (SS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Matchup Preview | November 24, 2012
@
Utah Jazz
(7-6, Away)

Sacramento Kings
(2-10, Home)
Stats Comparison
99.4Points Per Game90.2
45.6Rebounds41.9
44.8Field Goal %40.8
14.6Turnovers13.0
93.4PPG Allowed97.4
7.5Blocks4.6
7.5Steals8.3
Projected Starters
Jamal TinsleyPoint GuardIsiah Thomas
Randy FoyeShooting GuardTyreke Evans
Marvin WilliamsSmall ForwardTJ Fitzgerald
Paul MilsapPower ForwardJason Thompson
Al JeffersonCenterDeMarcus Cousins
Injury Report
Mo Williams Sprained Foot
Day to Day

James Johnson (Ankle)
Day to Day

Franciso Garcia (Calf)
1-2 weeks
Game Notes
The struggling Kings are back home after taking a tough loss in Utah the 2nd game of a back to back against the formidable Jazz who will be without Mo Williams at the point. Rookie TJ Fitzgerald will start in place of James Johnson.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

November 24th 2012: 6:15pm 45 mins before tipoff:

He sat in the corner listening to his music before game time. He sat and thought to himself "

is this for real am i really going to start my first nba game??

TJ still could not believe that he was getting a opportunity to play so soon he only arrived in Sacramento a few days ago and now he was getting ready to suit up and play against the Jazz. Over the past few days he had been getting used to the new offense that Coach Shaw had implemented and had grow to like the triangle offense it was a system he was used to and he enjoyed playing in it.

As he sat in the corner of his locker he pulled on his Jersey which had Fitzgerald and the Number 8 of the back. He was determined to make sure that he would prove himself tonight. His positional match up tonight was a good player in Marvin Williams TJ studied film on his game and saw he had a good mid range jump shot and was good getting to the rim. But TJ knew as well that he had clear physical advantages over Marvin in terms of speed and strength and wasn't a great defender.

"If i can get my jump shot working early and attack the basket and play tight d on him as well im going to be fine he thought"

Nerves were hitting a all time high as he had never heard a crowd this vocal ever you could here the vicious roar of the Sacramento faithful who had to endure through so much the past few years with the previous owners almost moving the team away from Sacramento. He could hear that Geoff was introducing the new owners of the team Chris Webber and Ron Burkle who had restored hope to the community. The crowd roared as both men were introduced especially Webber who was the face of the franchise for so long

"Aye rook"

it was James Johnson who was hurt the only reason TJ was starting was because of the injury.

"Just go out and play your natural game ok dont try to do anything your not comfortable just stick to the game plan and be comfortable in your own skin alright. Trust your team mates and believe in yourself and you will be fine."

James's words were comforting but did little to relieve TJ of the nerves he had built up.

"Thanks man ill be fine just a bit nervous" TJ Replied

James shook TJ hand and and said

"you got this don't worry"

"Hay huddle in now let's go"

it was Chuck Hayes who was the leader of the team the veteran presence around so many young guys

"Alright team huddle in time to head out lets do this be great tonight play hard lets plays kings basketball they got us last time BUT WE HOME NOW LETS NOT DISAPPOINT OUR FANS ALRIGHT. HANDS IN DOMINATE ON 3 1...2...3...

DOMINATE !!!

As TJ and the team ran out the tonight his nerves over grew larger as the introduction music was being played for the Jazz first who were greeted with a loud roar of boos from the fans. Now the music for the kings played and fans were out there feet for there team

"Alright Kings Fans ARE YOU READY!!!"
"I SAID ARE.....YOU.......READY!!"
"STAND UP FOR NOW HERE IS YOUR SACRAMENTO......KINGSSSSS!!!!
"

As the team ran out TJ ran out to Arco Arena to a standing ovation from the fans this was "unreal" he thought to himself. He was a Laker and a golden bear but he had heard nothing like this ever and to think this was for a team struggling at 2-10. He sat on the bench while the starting line up was being introduced

"STARTING AT GUARD STANDING AT 5'9 FROM WASHINGTON NUMBER 22 ISIAH THOMAS"

AT POWER FOWARD FROM RIDER STANDING 6'11 NUMBER 34 JASON THOMPSON...

TJ nerves hit the roof it was his turn to be introduced

AT SMALL FORWARD STANDING 6'8 FROM CALIFORNIA NUMBER 8 TJ FITZGERALD

Tj ran through and clapped all his team mates hands as he ran through.

AT THE OTHER GUARD STANDING 6'6 FROM MEMPHIS TYREKE EVANS...

AND NOW AT CENTER STANDING 6'11 FROM KENTUCKY D-MAC DEMARCUS COUSINS...

Tj stand in the huddle as Cousins lead the chant of the team he wasn't to familiar with it so he just stood in the circle and lip synched it.

DeMarcus turned to TJ and said

"don't f*** this up rook it a big game tonight step your game up now.."

TJ also agreed with DeMarcus if he stuffed this up this was it he would be cut soon or in the near future he had to show Geoff and the kings organization that he was worth the investment and needed to pay back the kindness for giving him a shot. This was his time now his time to prove himself. The horn of the start of the game went off TJ took his jumpsuit off and proceed to get ready to play. This was TJ's time now his time to prove he was ready..

TBC

Last edited by Skuxx24; 11-29-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #14
Rookie

B0ss Status's Arena

OVR: 0
Following this
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #15
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

November 24th 2012:

By Greg Wissnger :

KINGS BOUNCE BACK TO WIN BEHIND ROOKIE'S SENSATIONAL GAME.

Wow and i literally mean wow what a game. The unknown kid out of California had one of the best game's in recent kings history. TJ Fitzgerald who was only signed a few days ago to provide depth at the 3 only got a shot to start since defensive stopper James Johnson pulled out hurt with a sore ankle Keith Smart threw him into the deep end and boy did he deliver 25 points 13 rebounds and 7 dimes and also played top defense on the Jazz guard Randy Foye who went 5 for 18 the kid dominated from the get go

"I just tried to be aggressive out there look to get going early and play well with my new teammates." Its all about teamwork i would of not had this kinda of performance if it wasn't for the team they played well and got me the good looks. This game is on them not me" Fitzgerald said after the game

The kings intensity was plain to see from the get go they were hustling all night for any loose ball and played tough defense. The Jazz were rudderless going 4-17 in the first quarter alone once the Kings got the lead they never felt any danger from the Jazz and cruised home in the end.

"I thought our guys played well this is the kind of intensity that had been lacking over the past few games. When we play this well we are hard to beat."

When asked on the rookie's extraordinary performance

"The guy is talented you can see that he just needed the right situation and he would florish people seem to forget he was averaging 18 6 and 6 in college before he left if he had stayed he would of been number one overall the performance was very LeBron esque in my opinion"

The kings had contributions from all over the team as six guys got into double figures in scoring but this night which when a former face of the kings was re-introduced as the new owner a new one may have been found.

Up next: The Minnesota Timberwolves (5-7) returning Kevin Love and his Wolves come to Arco Arena after a tough loss to the Warriors.

s guys i didnt know how to add screenshots of games played but now i know ill add future screenshots of fitz in future games.

Utah Jazz at Sacramento Kings
Nov 24, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Utah (7-7)1527262088
Sacramento (3-10)2327262197
Utah Jazz
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Jamal Tinsley323-72-2
Randy Foye335-180-26-752

Marvin Williams334-91-21-15121110
Paul Milsap324-90-15-6713
Al Jefferson306-15
5-68111317
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Earl Watson130-30-22-226

Derek Favors144-6

Gordon Hayward152-31-11-1211
Enes Kanter122-3

DeMarre Carroll122-4

TEAM TOTALS32-774-1020-2338221051088
Sacramento Kings
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Aaron Brooks314-61-3

Tyreke Evans274-13
6-6321

TJ Fitzgerald3110-211-24-41371
Jason Thompson354-8
2-28

DeMarcus Cousins336-13
5-66121317
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Marcus Thornton235-111-32-2411
Chuck Hayes203-5
1-2102

Isaiah Thomas121-3

John Salmons120-5

TEAM TOTALS37-853-820-22542182

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #16
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8

This is pretty cool so far...I'll be reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »