Home

2k13 Cleveland Cavaliers - Rise up and Rebuild

This is a discussion on 2k13 Cleveland Cavaliers - Rise up and Rebuild within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: 2k13 Cleveland Cavaliers - Rise up and Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Enjoyed reading this.Really like how you kept the identity of the team and didn't make ridiculous trades to make the cavs a finals team in year 1 like a lot of people seem to want to do.

There is a dynasty section on the forums, and a dynasty blog section in your arena, but this was a good read nonetheless.
Thanks for the comments fellas.

Yeah, I don't enjoy making ridiculous trades which is why I try to build the team the "right way"... Honestly, there isn't anyone on the Cavs that I could trade for premium talent anyway lol.

Yeah I have been posting these in my blog section also but I just don't get any responses on there so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it here also until I got some "followers" lol

Thanks again for the comments.

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
MVP

I will be posting a Eastern and Western Conference Finals Preview today.

Stay Tuned

psn - CeeGee
Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

as a serious Cavs fan, a serious franchise/dynasty/etc. player and a casual NBA 2k player love this thread. keep up the good work! can't wait to find out if OKC can really compete against the Lakers without Durant and what chances an upstart 76ers team has against Chicago.

oh, and what the cavs will look like with another lottery pick on their team as well, of course.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #20
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
Thumbs up Re: 2k13 Cleveland Cavaliers - Rise up and Rebuild

Been following for since the start!...i like the effort your putting in to the realism!

I gotta admit i love realistic Dynasty threads!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great thread, been loving reading it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
MVP

EAST FINALS PREVIEW

Matchup Preview | May 15, 2013
@
Philadelphia 76ers
(49-33, Away)
Chicago Bulls
(57-25, Home)
Stats Comparison
100.4Points Per Game102.4
.475Field Goal %.480
.744Free Throw %.744
.3593-Point %.367
46.2Rebounds47.5
4.5Blocks4.1
7.2Steals7.1
13.6Turnovers14.3
85.4 (2nd)PPG Allowed87.0 (4th)
Projected Starters
Jrue Holiday (85)Point GuardDerrick Rose (93)
Jason Richardson (76)Shooting GuardRichard Hamilton (75)
Evan Turner (80)Small ForwardLuol Deng (85)
Thaddeus Young (76)Power ForwardCarlos Boozer (80)
Andrew Bynum (89)CenterJoakim Noah (80)
Injury Report
Nick Young - Sore Knee
4-6 Months

Game Notes

As you can see from the Regular Season statistics, this Series should be tightly contested... Both teams play a very similar style... Both teams have fantastic Defenses... If you like Defensive Basketball then this Series will be for you...

Key Matchup

Jrue Holiday vs Derrick Rose

Jrue Holiday averaged 16.5 points, 8.1 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game during the regular Season... The sixers are going to need him to reach those numbers, and probably better to defeat one of the toughest teams in the NBA in Chicago... The Point Guard Matchup between Holiday and Rose will be fun to watch throughout the Series

Key Matchup

Joakim Noah vs Andrew Bynum

Joakim Noah is one of the best post defenders in the NBA... Andrew Bynum is on of the most talented post scorers in the NBA... It should be a classic matchup to watch throughout the series... The more physical player will probably win the battle...

Prediction?

I'm taking Chicago in 6 games... I feel like Derrick Rose is the best player on the floor and he'll have the ball in his hands every possession for his team whereas Andrew Bynum needs others to get him the ball and get him involved in the game... Philly is good, and young, but I don't know if they are ready to take that next step just yet...

--------------------------

WEST FINALS PREVIEW

Matchup Preview | May 15, 2013
@
Oklahoma City Thunder
(46-36, Away)
Los Angeles Lakers
(52-30, Home)
Stats Comparison
100.3Points Per Game106.1 (1st)
.457Field Goal %.487 (1st)
.804Free Throw %.718
.3603-Point %.361
45.4Rebounds47.4
6.2Blocks4.5
7.1Steals7.4
14.9Turnovers13.4
86.1PPG Allowed89.4
Projected Starters
Russell Westbrook (92)Point GuardSteve Nash (88)
Kevin Martin (82)Shooting GuardKobe Bryant (94)
Thabo Sefolosha (68)Small ForwardMetta World-Peace (73)
Serge Ibaka (82)Power ForwardPau Gasol (89)
Kendrick Perkins (75)CenterDwight Howard
Injury Report
Kevin Durant - Torn Hand Ligament
Out - 2-4 months

Game Notes

With Kevin Durant out with a torn ligiment in his wrist I honestly doubt know if the Thunder can win a single game vs the Star Studded Lakers team... I think Russell Westbrook is going to have to play out of his mind on both ends of the floor just to keep the games close and in the end I just don't think its going to happen...

Key Matchup

Russelll Westbrook vs Lakers

With Durant out, the time is now for Westbrook...

He's never be "The Guy" thanks to the greatness of Kevin Durant, well, now there is no question, he's the guy weather he wants to be or not... Can he step up and carry the Thunder to the NBA Finals?

Prediction?

Without arguably the best scorer in the game, I don't think the Thunder have much of a chance in this Series... I look for the Lakers to get some revenge from the WCF Loss in in 2012 and take care of the Thunder in 5 games...

psn - CeeGee

Last edited by cgalligan; 01-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
MVP

EAST FINALS - RECAP

Chicago defeats Philadelphia in 5 Games and Advances to the NBA Finals...

Derrick Rose led the way for the Bulls as he controlled the Series Offensively and Defensively... For the Series Rose averaged 27.2 points - 8 rebounds and 2 steals per game...

Rose dominated the Series on both sides of the ball and the Sixers didn't have anyone that could match Rose's intensity... Andrew Bynum was a virtual non-factor in the Series averaging just 14 points and 7 rebounds per game vs one of the best defenders in the NBA in Joakim Noah... Going into the series we knew that the Rose vs Holiday matchup and the Noah vs Bynum matchups would be key in deciding who came away with the Series win, and, they proved to be just that as Chicago won both key matchups through the 5 game series...

WEST FINALS - RECAP

Lakers survive vs Westbrook and the Thunder

Coming into the Series we knew that Russell Westbrook was a star in this league... In this Series however, he took that next step and became a legitimate NBA Superstar... There is no longer a question in that regard... Despite Westbrook's greatest efforts, the Thunder were still not able to defeat the Lakers as they fell in a tough, hard fought 7 game series...

Russell Westbrook averaged 28 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals per game throughout the 7 Game Series... The Lakers were simply too much for one man to overtake and they would end up winning the Series in 7 games... Games 1 and 2, in Los Angeles went to the Lakers... Back home in OKC, the Thunder then took games 3 and 4... Game 5 back in La La Land went to the Lakers and they took a 3-2 Series lead... OKC, and Russell Westbrook would not go down quietly however, in Game 6 Westbrook put together one of those games that will go down in NBA Playoff Lore... With their Backs against the wall, and their best Player, MVP Candidate Kevin Durant out, Westbrook put up 36 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists and 5 steals to give OKC a 102-92 win and force a Game 7 back in LA...

Dwight Howard put together a fantastic 7 game Series vs OKC... Howard averaged 29 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocks per game in the Series with his best game coming in the Game 7 closeout game... In Game 7 Howard registered 38 points, 22 rebounds and 6 blocked shots as the Lakers held off a tough Thunder team 100-98...

The win propels the Lakers to the NBA Finals where they will take on Derrick Roser, Joakim Noah and the Chicago Bulls...

Stay tuned

psn - CeeGee

Last edited by cgalligan; 01-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
MVP

Bulls and Lakers make it to the NBA Finals...

Bulls were 57-25 during the regular Season, 2nd best record in the NBA...

Lakers were 52-30... 4th best record in the NBA...

Lakers get home court advantage in the Finals???

Cmon 2k... I love you all so much and this is unlike you to screw something like this up...

#FAIL

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »