Home

Building A Foundation | Josh Rudd's Coaching Legacy [NCAA 10]

This is a discussion on Building A Foundation | Josh Rudd's Coaching Legacy [NCAA 10] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Building A Foundation | Josh Rudd's Coaching Legacy [NCAA 10]

Like you, I've always loved College Basketball video games. I'm working on a PC now and haven't been able to find a NCAA 10 PC torrent yet to venture that way. Regardless, I'll be following and good luck.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblakevincent
Like you, I've always loved College Basketball video games. I'm working on a PC now and haven't been able to find a NCAA 10 PC torrent yet to venture that way. Regardless, I'll be following and good luck.
Thanks Blake, I really enjoy playing this game, and Illinois State is a pretty fun mid-major to play with. NCAA basketball games are always fun to play. I hope you find a mod for PC. Thanks for following, and thanks for the comment!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Boise State Blows Their Huge Lead, And The Game

Bloomington-Normal, Illinois (AP) - It was a great game, and hopefully this is the turning point for Coach Rudd's team. Illinois State started out the game down 20-12, making things very difficult for them throughout the game. Boise State had the lead as much as 21 throughout the game, but the Redbirds where always fighting back. Finally, in the 2nd half, Boise State went 1 for 17 to end the game, and Illinois State secured the win. Joe Bradley and Jackie Carmichael lead the team throughout the game. Bradley had 18 points (6/11 shooting, 4/8 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) and grabbed 3 rebounds. Bradley is a threat that Coach Rudd loves to have, as teams don't know if he'll drive on you or shoot the three ball. Bradley's other teammate, Jackie Carmichael had a pretty good game to. Carmichael had 14 points (6/11 shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) grabbing in 6 rebounds and rejecting 4 shots. Carmichael has presence down low that Coach Rudd loves to have on the defensive end. Carmichael has really stepped into his whole his senior year. Even know the team was down pretty much the whole game, this could be the turning point for the whole team.

The big question that Boise State has to ask themselves is... how did they lose that game? It was theirs to hold by the taking. Boise State is lead by
Jeff Elorriaga and Anthony Drmic, two guards who know how to really handle a game. Jeff Elorriaga had 21 points (7/20 shooting, 2/5 3pt shooting, 5/6 FT shooting) and also handed out 5 assists. He was in control the whole game for Boise State, and Illinois State simply had no answer for him. When Elorriaga wasn't open, it seemed Drmic was. Anthony Drmic had 15 points (7/9 shooting, 1/2 3pt shooting) and was very dominate when he drove to the basket. However, the question you may ask is how did the Redbirds stop them in the end? Well they got Jeff Elorriaga in foul trouble, and after that the Broncos had trouble on the offensive end, which lead to struggles on the defensive end. Anthony Drmic couldn't do it all, as he had to sit for a little bit too, because of foul trouble. In the end, it has to be a frustrating loss for Boise State. However, Boise State still has potential to win the Mountain West and do some damage.

Score - Boise State 57 (3-2) Illinois State 61 (3-1)

Starters Boise State -
C Kenny Buckner 10 points (5/7 shooting) 8 rebounds
PF Vukasin Vijovic 5 points (2/4 shooting, 1/2 FT shooting) 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks
SF Thomas Bropleh 5 points (2/8 shooting, 1/2 3pt shooting) 2 rebounds, 5 assits
SG Anthony Drmic 15 points (7/9 shooting, 1/2 3pt shooting) 2 assists, 2 blocks
PG Jeff Elorriaga 21 points (7/20 shooting, 2/5 3pt shooting, 5/6 FT shooting) 3 rebounds, 5 assists

Bench -
Joey Nebeker 0 points (0/4 shooting) 3 rebounds
Darrious Hamilton 1 point (0/1 shooting, 1/4 FT shooting)

Starters Illinois State -
C Jackie Carmichael 14 points (6/11 shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks
PF Jon Ekey 6 points (3/4 shooting) 6 rebounds, 5 assits
SF John Wilkins 0 points (0/3 shooting) 2 rebounds
SG Joe Bradley 18 points (6/11 shooting, 4/8 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 3 rebounds, 1 assist
PG Tyler Brown 7 points (2/9 shooting, 1/3 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 4 rebounds, 2 assits

Bench -
Kaza Keane 2 points (0/3 shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 1 assists
Jordan Threloff 12 points (5/9 shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Anthony Cousin 2 points (0/2 shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 1 rebound, 1 assist
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow, what a wild game. I can't believe how cold Boise State shot at the end of the game! That's a big win.

I noticed the games played doesn't match your schedule. Did you change games around for your non-conference games?

Also, what sliders are you using?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
Wow, what a wild game. I can't believe how cold Boise State shot at the end of the game! That's a big win.

I noticed the games played doesn't match your schedule. Did you change games around for your non-conference games?

Also, what sliders are you using?
Thanks Pfeifere, it was a really wild game vs Boise State. They where on fire to start the game, but they finished so weak. It's a huge win for us, because Boise State is probably a NCAA tourney team. Also for the schedule, I missed a few games, but I just edited them. It should be working now. I'm using pretty basic sliders, but I upped some fouls so it would be more realistic, and I bumped a few other small things. Thanks for the comment!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Illinois State Cruises To A Easy 73-64 Win Over St. Bonaventure

Bloomington-Normal, Illinois (AP) - Illinois State came into the game, defeating Boise State in a very exciting win. However, they showed no worry today as they had the lead for almost the whole day. Coach Rudd had his team in their full-court press (the defense he's been running all year) and it looked like St. Bonaventure had a hard time adjusting to it. Joe Bradley was the leading scorer for Illinois State. Bradley scored 16 points (5/13 shooting, 3/8 3pt shooting, 3/4 FT shooting) and grabbed 2 rebounds. Throughout the game Bradley dictated the scoring for the Redbirds. While Bradley is prone to living and dying on the three ball, he was still in rhythm on his drive throughout the game. Redbird Center Jackie Carmichael had 14 points (5/11 shooting, 4/4 FT shooting) and 8 rebounds. Carmichael is a huge presence inside this year for the Redbirds, and making the paint his own sacred ground. He's making sure other centers this year can't score points in the paint, or grab a lot of rebounds. Carmichael is really stepping up for his senior year. The Redbirds controlled the whole game, and that's a huge key for them this year. Right now, Illinois State is really beginning to get into a groove. If they can keep up their aggressive style of play, it looks like they will be fine this year.

The St. Bonaventure Bonnies, really have to address their team during practice this year. At times in the game, it looked as their bench was better than their starting cast. That can be a good thing at times, but somethings it can back-fire on you too. The leading scorer for the Bonnies was Matthew Wright who had 14 points (5/14 shooting, 2/6 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) and also grabbed in 4 rebounds. However, throughout the game it seemed as if Wright struggled to get his shot down. When Wright isn't on his game, it ultimately hurts the team, and it showed today. Another top played for St. Bonaventure was Charlon Kloff who had 10 points (3/6 shooting, 1/1 3pt shooting, 3/5 FT shooting) and created 3 assists. Kloff did a good job creating opportunities for St. Bonaventure, but he did have create his fair share of turnovers. Kloff committed 4 turnovers (all of them came in the second half). It seemed as if the score was closer than the game was, and that was mainly because St. Bonaventure scored the last 8 points of the game in the second half. St. Bonaventure has a young team, so we're still seeing them trying to make adjustments. Overall, the Bonnies need to improve their play, but it's still a work in progress for them.

Score - Illinois State 73 (4-1) St. Bonaventure 64 (2-4)

Starters Illinois State -
C Jackie Carmichael 14 points (5/11 shooting, 4/4 FT shooting) 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 assists,
PF Jon Ekey 8 points (4/8 shooting) 5 rebounds, 1 block
SF John Wilkins 7 points (2/8 shooting, 2/4 3pt shooting, 1/2 FT shooting) 3 rebounds,
SG Joe Bradley 16 points (5/13 shooting, 3/8 3pt shooting, 3/4 FT shooting) 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block
PG Tyler Brown 8 points (4/10 shooting) 5 assists, 3 rebounds

Bench -
Kaza Keane 2 points (1/1 shooting) 3 assists
Jordan Threloff 8 points (2/5 shooting, 4/4 FT shooting) 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assits
Anthony Cousin 4 points (2/3 shooting)
Zeke Upshaw 6 points (3/5 shooting) 4 rebounds, 2 assists

Starters St. Bonaventure -
C Marquise Simmons 6 points (3/8 shooting) 6 rebounds, 1 block
PF Demitrius Conger 4 points (1/8 shooting, 1/5 3pt shooting, 3/4 FT shooting) 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block
SF Michael Davenport 0 points (0/6 shooting, 0/3 3pt shooting, 0/2 FT shooting)
SG Matthew Wright 14 points (5/14 shooting, 2/6 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 4 rebounds, 4 assists
PG Charlon Kloff 10 points (3/6 shooting, 1/1 3pt shooting, 3/5 FT shooting) 1 rebound, 3 assists

Bench -
Eric Mosley 8 points (3/8 shooting, 2/6 3pt shooting) 2 assists, 2 blocks
Jordan Gathers 3 points (1/6 shooting, 1/3 3pt shooting) 2 rebounds
Chris Johnson 10 points (3/8 shooting, 2/3 3pt shooting, 2/2 FT shooting) 3 rebounds, 1 assit
J.J. Tupane 9 points (4/5 shooting, 1/2 FT shooting) 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

I'm sorry about the lack of updates guys. I'll post more over the weekend. Stay tuned!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

I've decided to bring this dynasty back to life. I'll be playing my next game over the weekend. Hope you guys enjoy .

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »