Home

Magical Rebuild | Joshrmlb's Video Dynasty

This is a discussion on Magical Rebuild | Joshrmlb's Video Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #49
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Magical Rebuild | Joshrmlb's Video Dynasty

Simmed Games

Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #50
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Simmed Games

Last edited by joshrmlb; 04-20-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

I might be looking to use player lock on Austin Rivers or Josh Smith for my future games. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #52
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Cavaliers Outlast Magic 99-93

Last edited by joshrmlb; 04-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #53
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Simmed Games

Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #54
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Well it all comes down to this boys, I'm tied with Cleveland for the 8 seed.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #55
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

The Clock Strikes Midnight On The Magic, Can't Make It Into The Playoffs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #56
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

Magic's Surprising Season Comes To An End, But Can They Do This Next Year?

Afflalo was not just the team's leader on the court, but he was the leader off the court too.
If I would've told you two years ago, a Magic team, without Dwight Howard would come one game away from the playoffs you would've laughed at me. However, if I would've told you this one year ago, you would laughed even harder at. However, it was a Magical season for Orlando, filled with a lot of deals. In the end, it wasn't enough to make it to the playoffs, but there's always next year.

After the 2011-2012 season, Dwight Howard, the Magic center-piece at the time, make it clear he wanted a trade. The Dwight Howard era in Orlando had a lot of up and downs, but by far the most memorable moment was making the NBA Finals in the 2008-2009 season. However, Howard pretty much fired the coach, lost the players interest in the team, and forced a trade in one season. Howard was dealt to the Lakers in the offseason in a major four team deal. The Magic received Arron Afflalo and a bunch of future draft picks in the deal. That started the new era this year for the Magic.

One of the most underrated moves this offseason was when the Magic traded for Kyle Korver. The Magic traded DeJaun Jones to the Hawks in the deal. Korver averaged 14.6 points per game (a career high for Korver) with 4.1 rebounds this year with the Magic, while leading the league in 3 pointers made. Korver set the tune for the team in the first two and a half months for the team, leading them in scoring.

The Magic got off to a slow start this season, starting off 3-5 this season, not looking like a possible playoff team. Jameer Nelson was a bright point on the team, having a bounce back season for the team, and even averaging close to 7 assists for the year. Nelson, who was one of Dwight Howard's best friends, was expect to demand a trade when Dwight left, but took on the veteran role of the new look Magic. Another bright point was Glen Davis, who averaged 11.4 points per game with 7.8 rebounds per game (a career high for "Big Baby"). However, then Orlando magngement decided to make a huge move and trade for Austin Rivers. This changed the face of the season.

Orlando dealt J.J. Redick (who was averaging 6.7 points per game and 3.4 assists per game) to the Hornets for Austin Rivers and a second round pick. Rivers was averaging 3.5 points per game and 2.4 assists for the Hornets, however, he averaged 21.3 points per game and 10.8 assists per game with the Magic. Rivers found new life, on a team who was looking for good young players. Redick played a huge role coming off the bench, however River's was a huge influence on this team. The Magic got back to .500 (9-9) with Rivers starting at the shooting guard. With two good points guards though, the Magic decided to start Rivers at the shooting guard spot. But, the Magic had a decision to make, they couldn't keep Rivers at the shooting guard spot forever. With Rivers clutch play, they decided to trade the veteran Nelson (which was no surprise to any one). This lead to an even bigger deal, that would get the Magic rolling once again.

Smith's presences helped the Magic a lot, but they just couldn't make a playoff run.

No one expect the Magic to deal for Josh Smith, and I mean no one. This rumor came along on All Star weekend, with Austin Rivers recruiting Smith to sign an extension with Orlando if he got dealt there. When Smith was asked before the All Star Game about the trade, he responded by saying "I would like playing for Orlando, but I'm not sure if there's a trade in place". However, after the All Star Game, the Magic got a deal in place for Smith. The deal included Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, Andrew Nicholson, and a future 1st round pick for Smith. The deal took the NBA by storm, and helped the Magic make a playoff push. The Josh Smith/Austin Rivers scoring combo was deadly, highlighted by a clutch five game winning streak, including a huge win over the Heat. However, in the last three games of the year, the Magic couldn't make it towards the playoffs.

With a 15-10 record, nearing a possible playoff spot with a win, all the Magic needed was one win, and a Cavaliers or Wizards loss. They got a Wizards loss, but they couldn't pull out a win vs the 3-21 Raptors. Then, the Magic could've clinched the eighth seed with a solid win over the Cavaliers. In the end, the Magic feel to 15-12, losing to the Cavaliers, and going onto a crash course with the Cavaliers for the eighth seed, and giving the Cavaliers the tie-breaker for the eighth seed. Two losses later, and two wins later by the Cavaliers, and Cleveland is now sitting in the playoffs, and the Magic missed them. It was a terrible ending to the year, but it was a nice try for an underrated team.

The clock simply hit midnight for the Magic. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic had a solid offseason and had an even better team than last year. Rivers is now a sophomore in the NBA, and Smith was finally grown into a team-player. It's looking pretty good for the future in Orlando.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »