Home

The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

This is a discussion on The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

Definitely looking forward to this one, sucks that the file messed up on the last one.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6

Love your stories man and I'll be following. Bummed to hear what happened. I really want to try something like this in the near future but I don't want to be accused of copying.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks everyone for following. I should have an update out tomorrow (today I'm recovering from too much fun last night, lol) so stay tuned.

Liam_93
, feel free to give this format a shot. I don't consider it copying in the least, everyone has their own individual spin on their 'chises, everything is unique (unless you copy/pasted everything in which case that is a blatant form of copying ) This is a fun format IMO, and one I fully encourage others to try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Just started!

LobbinCity's Arena

Mind if I make another GM story like this one?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobbinCity
Mind if I make another GM story like this one?
Go for it dude! I look forward to seeing what you come up with
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Thanks everyone for following. I should have an update out tomorrow (today I'm recovering from too much fun last night, lol) so stay tuned.

Liam_93
, feel free to give this format a shot. I don't consider it copying in the least, everyone has their own individual spin on their 'chises, everything is unique (unless you copy/pasted everything in which case that is a blatant form of copying ) This is a fun format IMO, and one I fully encourage others to try.

Think I'm going to start one. It looks fun and I've always been curious. it's just coming up with interesting storylines and characters.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

2-3-13

“That’s some BS.” His brother disgustingly tossed the ball back at Ronnie, his eyes full of dislike. “I want another shot.”

Ronnie winked at him as he dribbled the ball back to his spot. “You’ll get another shot.”

“Only after you sink another BS deep shot.” He crossed his arms and leaned against the basketball goal. “Can we just say you won?”

Ronnie laughed. “It’s not winning if you forfeit. You have to lose with dignity, Rick.”

Rick cracked an evil grin. “You’re gonna be doing a lot of losing with the Bobcats.”

Ronnie clutched at his heart as though he was mortally wounded. “You … you … you got me!” He dropped the basketball and did an overdramatic slow death, falling to his knees.

Rick was not amused. “You always were a drama queen.”

“Hey, who cried like a little girl when he split his pants open during the fourth grade spring play?”

Rick’s face flushed. “Your team sucks.”

Ronnie changed into a sitting position on the ground and nodded. “Yep, they do.”

“Are you going to do anything about that?”

Ronnie shook his head. “We suck and that’s just what we are right now: a really horrible team. I can’t change that right now. I plan to ride out the season with what we have and let the chips fall where they may.”

“You’re gonna tank,” Rick concluded.

“The prize is either Nerlens Noel or Shabazz Muhammad … I think a little tanking is in order.” Ronnie stood, grabbed the ball, and knocked down a three. “Besides, it’s not like we have to try hard to tank. We’re barely a pro team.”

Rick just shook his head. “How am I supposed to explain this strategy to my friends?”

“You’re in high school,” Ronnie said with a mix of envy and horror. He loved some parts of high school … the parts that had to do with the cute girls … and hated the rest of it. “You should explain to your friends how you still can’t get above thirty-one percent from beyond the arc.”

Rick glared at him. “My game is a drive and dish, not sit and snipe.”

“So you are aware you turn the ball over too much?”

Rick took the basketball and threw it at Ronnie’s head. “Not everyone can shoot threes like you.”

Ronnie smirked. “But everyone wishes they could.” His phone alarm went off and he sighed. “Time to go to the airport.”

Rick frowned. “Just a quick question.”

“Shoot.”

He glanced around them for a moment. “Are the girls in Charlotte a lot cuter than the ones here?”

Ronnie smiled. “When I get settled in I’ll fly you and mom out. You’ll see for yourself.”

That seemed to satisfy Rick. “I’ll hold you to that.”

Ronnie nodded, grabbed his duffel bags, and headed for the car. “Keep working on that three.”

“Keep working on your horrible team,” Rick shot back.

Ronnie chuckled. They were blood all right.

She hated this. She hated when he called like this.

She glanced over at her phone and again watched as it vibrated on the desk. “Damn it, Ronnie,” she mumbled. She reached over and put it on speaker.

“About time, where have you been?”

She rolled her eyes. “What is it?”

“Can’t I just call?”

“You’re approaching stalker territory.”

“You never said I couldn’t call.”

“We broke up two months ago.”

A brief silence on the other end of the line. “We did?”

He played it straight but she knew him well enough to know it was a joke. And despite herself, she smiled. “Yes, we did,” she said as shook her head.

“Don’t you have sweaty men to stare at?”

“I ran out of singles.”

She laughed at that. “What do you want?”

“You heard the news.”

“Yes, I heard. GM of the almighty Bobcats.” She forced a yawn. “Really was quite exciting.”

That made him mad. “Come on, Elizabeth, you’ve got to be more excited than that!”

He loved basketball. It was one of his defining traits. He also put it above everything else most of the time. Great for his basketball organization. Not great for their relationship. “Are we going to try this again?”

“Yes, we are,” he insisted. “The last break up was uncalled for.”

“You stood me up three times.”

“I didn’t mean to,” he countered weakly. “I got held up, that’s all.”

She closed her eyes, shaking her head. What was it about him that made her like him so? Why was she still taking his calls? “Ronnie, can’t we just agree that we’re better off without one another.”

“You know that’s not true.”

She frowned. She agreed with him … her time away from him had made life seem impossible to enjoy. “So, it’s not. Fine. Maybe we just don’t fit together.”

“We fit, Liz, we do. I want things to be different this time.”

She’d heard this before. “We’ve tried different a few times now. We always end the same.”

“Not this different. I’m getting paid big money now. I’m buying a house. I want you to move in with me.”

Her throat went dry and she stared at the phone. “Move in?”

“We’ve talked about it before but neither of us was really in a position for it. Well, now I am … I want you with me in Charlotte. I want you to be there with me when we build this thing from the ground up.”

She stared at her phone. He sounded serious. “Ronnie, is this a ‘win now’ thing? Because it sounds like you’re trying to win me over with a big effort.”

“I am,” he admitted. “You’re important enough to me to make that effort. Come on, think of it! It’s a low risk proposition for you … I’ll cover

everything. Just give it a shot, one more time.”

She thought for a moment but shrugged her shoulders. “What the hell? It’s not like I’m doing much here anyway. I’ll call you back later; I have to do some things.”

“Awesome.” He hung up.

She ended the call on her phone and stood there for a moment.

She smiled. Maybe basketball wasn’t so bad after all.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Holy crap, this team is completely horrid. I've played three games and lost all three in epic Bobcats fashion. I'm initiating a fire sale, ladies and gents.

Everyone (minus MKG) is on the block. That includes Kemba who just doesn't mesh with my play style: the offense runs SO much better with Ramon Sessions and Kemba has to go. So, I'm looking to trade Kemba first and foremost. If you guys have any thoughts, share them. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »