Home

The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

This is a discussion on The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

I'm a bit of a reader and not often a poster on these forums but I'd love to see you get DeMarcus Cousins if you can because he could possible make some storylines with his tantrums.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #18
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11

Maybe you could get Eric Gordon?
San Antonio Spurs
D.C United
West Ham United

Twitter - @DarkOutFront
Old 02-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

I just want to say thanks man. I've been on a "extended vacation" style life lately and your Stories have kept me busy and heavily entertained. Sad to hear about "fate and fortune" but the "Ronnie Gold story" is coming along nicely.

I just signed up for OS and in a few days i plan on starting my own story like this I even credited you and K.so with the inspirations.

I'm definitely following.

As for kemba i went in and looked at my current rosters (updated up to harden trade)

1. The hornets could use an upgrade at the Point (seeing vasquez is only a 70 and plays the 2 better) "grabbing eric gordon might do you some good or "draft pick "

2. The pistons can easily move Stuckey to the 2 where he becomes a "80 ovr" and if you could grab (brandon knight to play the 2 where he excels) that could do well for MKG to have the young stud with him.) (or drummond or a pick)

3. Those are the teams i find most viable and realistic to get kemba because they both have cap and developing talent, but maybe you can work a multiteam multiplayer deal some where with your (trekfan magic)

P.S. i could use some help i wanted to know what program you use to make stat sheets and scores and stuff for your game result posts and highlights. They add class to the story hehe XD
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Holy crap, this team is completely horrid. I've played three games and lost all three in epic Bobcats fashion. I'm initiating a fire sale, ladies and gents.

Everyone (minus MKG) is on the block. That includes Kemba who just doesn't mesh with my play style: the offense runs SO much better with Ramon Sessions and Kemba has to go. So, I'm looking to trade Kemba first and foremost. If you guys have any thoughts, share them. Thanks in advance.
Thats why I was hoping you wouldn't pick the Bobcats at the fear that they would play horrible enough for you to quit, lol.

I've tried a Bobcats association twice in 2k12, quitting each of those within 2-3 games.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Thats why I was hoping you wouldn't pick the Bobcats at the fear that they would play horrible enough for you to quit, lol.

I've tried a Bobcats association twice in 2k12, quitting each of those within 2-3 games.
It's just so frustrating to lose with them! It's like, for a quarter, you see them as the good team they could be and then they fall apart. I will not be quitting them (I don't quit on teams in the first year. Year three, maybe, but not the first year, lol) but I'm saying goodbye to as many of them as possible ASAP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
It's just so frustrating to lose with them! It's like, for a quarter, you see them as the good team they could be and then they fall apart. I will not be quitting them (I don't quit on teams in the first year. Year three, maybe, but not the first year, lol) but I'm saying goodbye to as many of them as possible ASAP.
Well, if Ronnie has the luck of Andy they might quit on him haha. Followed Fate & Fortune up until it's demise and now I'm really looking forward to this one. Keep up the awesome work man.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Rapid Reaction: Cavs 76, Bobcats 66

By Aaron Vickers |ESPN.com

February 6, 2013

CLEVELAND -- This was the type of game that the NBA doesn’t want to see on Sportcenter, but will anyway. In one of the ugliest games in recent memory, the Cavs and Bobcats battled it out for the title of which team looks worse.

Unsurprisingly, that title still belongs to the Bobcats. It was a clinic on how not to shoot threes by both teams, Cleveland going 0-for-13 from beyond the arc while Charlotte managed to do only marginally better, hitting 4-of-15 overall.

The game was sloppy as both teams combined for 27 turnovers.

But the Bobcats were by far the worst team, getting destroyed on the boards 52-35, and having only one player score double digits for their entire team: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who finished with 17 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

Meanwhile, for the Cavs, it was all Kyrie Irving, who finished with 22 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals. Irving made Kemba Walker look two steps slow and blazed through the middle of the Bobcats soft as jelly paint defense.

Here are three takeaways from the game:

Ben Gordon Needs to Go

In one of the more disappointing outings of his career, Gordon finished with only 6 points on 2-of-7 shooting. His only two makes came from beyond the arc in garbage team. This isn’t a case of Gordon being singled out as the scapegoat, the entire team (minus MKG) needs to go, but it has to start with Gordon.

Gordon has been rumored to be traded to the Nets for one Kris Humphries, and though that seems a lateral move, it’s one the Bobcats can afford to make. Gordon has a player option he’ll most certainly pick up this offseason and isn’t producing as a player of his financial means should. The rebuild of this roster will start this offseason and Gordon should be the first of the players to go.

Sink the Bismack

Bismack Biyombo is a project. Yes. But some projects are far more challenging than others and in the case of the Bobcats, Bismack is a project they should have never taken on. Raw? Absolutely. Talented? Maybe. But his offensive skill set is so … well … offensive, that the Bobcats should consider sending him away sooner rather than later. He was selected before Kemba Walker. Before Klay Thompson. Before Kwahi Leonard. Before Iman Shumpert. Before Kenneth Faried. Before Norris Cole. Before Jimmy Butler.

Only one of those players is his teammate (Walker, if you’re struggling to remember). The previous regime gambled high and hard on Biyombo and that gamble will not pay dividends for years at the rate he’s going.

He blew not one, but three wide open uncontested layups in this game.

He’s done this all year.

Number One Overall Losers

Seems to be a lock at this point but the Bobcats are looking, once again, like a team that deserves a number one pick. They lost out on Anthony

Davis last year and settled for MKG. MKG is a really good player but is not nearly as offensively polished as he needs to be to score consistently. That polish will take another season at least to fully be applied but until then, the Bobcats needs to find MKG a running mate.

Kemba may not be that mate. He can score, yes, but his ability to facilitate in the pro game is at question. No, the Bobcats need someone who can dominate the low post and that someone has to be Nerlens Noel. Noel is the premier big man in this draft class and if the Bobcats miss out on the number one pick again, I’ll be the first to call conspiracy.

Come one David Stern, give MJ a break … after all, he did make the NBA what is today.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #24
Pro

Reyes19's Arena

OVR: 5
Gordon doesn't pick up his option but instead opts to resign for around 3mil early in the season. Least that's what happened to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »