Home

The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

This is a discussion on The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #401
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Gold Standard: The Ronnie Gold Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
Personally, I would rather you stay away from Paul and Griffin. To me, the way you've had Randolph play, he deserves to finish the season out as the starting 4. He is a very good player and I have always liked him. I once played a Nuggets association in 2k13 where in training camps I bulked him up and worked on his fundamentals as a big man and he even earned the starting 5 spot with Faried at the 4, relegating McGee to the bench. I got him up to 250 lbs and made him a great post scorer. Meanwhile, I don't think CP3 would be a good fit in your locker room. He has an alpha dog mentality about him, similar to Kobe but not quite as extreme, and I don't think he and Kobe could mesh. It happened last year with Dwight IRL in LA. And Paul's and Griffin's relationship hasn't always been peaches and cream. To me, you need to find a quality player at the point guard position who is a pass-first kind of a guy, and doesn't have an ego, that is the type of player who will fit with Jabari and Kobe. look up guys with good passing numbers and low shooting tendencies, those are the guys that fit the bill. I would say Rondo, but he has a little Alpha dog too (though he has proven to coexist with aging stars before so you never know) and I don't think the C's would trade him now that they have wiggins, especially since its to a big rival.
I'm with you on Paul and Griffin and AR15. Love the way Randolph is playing. Paul is definitely NOT going to be a Laker, Griffin probably not (I want to keep AR15, but I don't think I can trade for Griffin without trading him), but the Lakers WILL be involved in these trades, in some form. I have some pieces I'd like to ad and I can facilitate for other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhMitchell
Can't wait to see what moves the Lakers make!
Oh yeah, the Lakers trades will be interesting, but they're still about a week or two in story from becoming reality. Stay tuned.

And thank you both for the comments, glad to see people are still following. I know it was a long wait but things have finally settled down now and I'm looking to jump back into this as B-ball season approaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #402
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I'm with you on Paul and Griffin and AR15. Love the way Randolph is playing. Paul is definitely NOT going to be a Laker, Griffin probably not (I want to keep AR15, but I don't think I can trade for Griffin without trading him), but the Lakers WILL be involved in these trades, in some form. I have some pieces I'd like to ad and I can facilitate for other teams.

Oh yeah, the Lakers trades will be interesting, but they're still about a week or two in story from becoming reality. Stay tuned.

And thank you both for the comments, glad to see people are still following. I know it was a long wait but things have finally settled down now and I'm looking to jump back into this as B-ball season approaches.
Glad to see we're on the same page for some of it. And Also, I would have waited a year if I had to for this stuff, its fantastic. I did';t get to mention it, but that was an excellent post for Gerard, seems like and interesting plot development. I knew he would be to easy to keep under raps. I've always loved a good, crafty, downright evil villain, with a mysterious and interesting past, and Gerard fits the bill. Of course, I wonder about his past, you sort of eluded to it in that post with the line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekfan
"...He just needed some time and he’d find some dirt on someone. He knew how to blackmail people, it was how he got his start in this business, how he managed to build his empire. He lost it before. He got it back. He’d lost it again.

He’d get it back..."
Are we going to get anything in terms of his backstory? Maybe a flashback or two in prison with some of his old enemies?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #403
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
Glad to see we're on the same page for some of it. And Also, I would have waited a year if I had to for this stuff, its fantastic. I did';t get to mention it, but that was an excellent post for Gerard, seems like and interesting plot development. I knew he would be to easy to keep under raps. I've always loved a good, crafty, downright evil villain, with a mysterious and interesting past, and Gerard fits the bill. Of course, I wonder about his past, you sort of eluded to it in that post with the line:

Are we going to get anything in terms of his backstory? Maybe a flashback or two in prison with some of his old enemies?
Gerard's past will be coming to play this season, as well as his brother ... there's going to be a lot of twists as we go along. It's gonna be fun.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #404
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

BREAKING NEWS

The Phoenix Suns have fired Mike D'Antoni, bringing an end to his season. The Suns recently traded for Carmelo Anthony, former D'Antoni player, and sources are saying that neither wanted to be together. D'Antoni privately was against the trade of bringing in 'Melo but was willing to try to make it work.

Suns owner Robert Sarver wasn't interested. Sarver has also announced that the Suns current GM will be stepping down at the end of the season due to health concerns.

"It was a tough decision, but one that needed to be made ... we have an obligation to our fans and players to put the team in the best position to win. I respect Coach D'Antoni, but it was time for us to part ways," said Sarver.

New Suns player Carmelo Anthony was excited to be in Phoenix. "I'm glad to be here and I'm sorry to see Coach Mike go. I'm looking forward to building something with Brandon."
Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #405
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Like Braeden said earlier, I'd wait forever for this series, it's one of the only things I still check OS for!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #406
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm still here as well. Love this.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #407
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Rapid Reaction: Lakers 110, Nets 102
By Rachel Hansen|ESPNLosAngeles.com
December 27, 2015

The Lakers (21-7) took on the Nets (11-16) at Staples Center and the game was exciting from start to finish. When Dwight Howard took the floor the crowd rained down boos, many Lakers fans still angry over Howard leaving the franchise.

The cheers for Howard’s replacement, Andrew Bogut, were much louder. Bogut has had a rough stretch where he’s been less than effective on the floor, but this game would again remind Lakers fans what he brings to the team. The game’s first quarter was a neck-and-neck affair, both teams shooting their way to 24 points each.

In the second quarter, however, Anthony Randolph and Jabari Parker took over, helping the Lakers get an eight point lead heading into halftime. Parker hit a fadeaway three at the buzzer, much to the chagrin of the Nets coaching staff, and the crowd roared.

It would be a different story for the Lakers in the third quarter, when Deron Williams and Trey Burke began to shoot the ball and shoot it well. Burke was hitting deep balls all in the quarter as William showed off his inside game. The two point guards dueled to a near standstill.

But in the fourth Burke would take control of the game and find Bogut, who had managed to hold Howard to only ten points by the beginning of the fourth. Bogut and Burke worked flawlessly as a tandem, and the two players helped seal the game for the Lakers as the Nets furiously battled back from their deficit. They came up short, however.

Trey Burke was named player of the game with 22 points and nine assists. Bogut chipped in 10 points and nine rebounds while Parker and Randolph both contributed 19 points each. Kobe had a quiet game, with only 12 points.

For the Nets, Williams finished with 15 points and eight assists while Howard finished with 14 points and nine boards. Wilson Chandler led the team with 21 points and 10 rebounds.

Here are three takeaways from the game:

Burke Balls

Trey Burke had one of his best nights as a pro-ball player and he knows it. “I was feeling it tonight,” said Burke after the game. “I really was just going out there and playing my game … I was glad to face Deron now. Anytime I can face one of the better point guards in the game, I’m happy.

Burke’s trade value will likely go up after tonight’s performance and will go up if he plays well against the Blazers, who the Lakers face twice in the next three days.

Not Quite There

The Deron to Dwight combo resulted in some spectacular alley-oop dunks and also some notable miscommunications. The Nets have to be pleased that the pair played as well as they did tonight against one of the best teams in the league, but if they’re to save their season the two stars will have to gel faster.

“We know it’s a process and we know it takes time … we’ll get there and when we do we’ll be unstoppable,” said Howard after the game. Upon being asked about what it felt like being back in LA once more, Howard said, “It’s just another town to me, man. Just another town.”

Looking Ahead

The Lakers face the Trail Blazers in Portland tomorrow night and the game is crucial for the Blazers, who are barely above .500 at the moment. If they’re able to split these games with the Lakers, the team will get a much needed boost of morale. Anything less and the Blazers slip into below .500 territory which will guarantee them to be out of the playoffs in the ultra-competitive West.

For the Lakers, the games represent a chance to fine-tune some things, specifically on defense. “We’re giving up too many inside buckets,” said Alvin Gentry after the game. “We need to tighten up and soon … the rest of the league isn’t stupid. They’ll come at us from there and we have to be ready.”

Old 10-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #408
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

12-28-15

She snuggled up against him and bathed in his warmth. “Ronnie, pass the popcorn.”

He did as he was told and she grabbed a handful of it as they watched the movie before them. It was some thriller flick that came out a few months before, starring Liam Neeson. She didn’t know what it was about. She didn’t really care. She was just happy to have him home for a night where they could just spend time together.

“He’s going to feel that in the morning,” Ronnie said as he winced at something onscreen.

She didn’t bother agreeing with him. “Can I ask you something?”

He broke his attention from the screen and looked at her. “Absolutely.”

She sat up and paused the movie. “I want to contribute to us. To do more than just spend money.”

He looked at her questioningly. “You don’t like spending money? Liz, it’s not like we need to worry. I’m locked into a 20 year deal with the best franchise in the NBA, arguably all of sports.”

She sighed. “Yes, you are. That’s the point. I’m not doing anything to help us out, Ronnie. We’re married now and the responsibility to make our lives better shouldn’t just fall to one person.” He looked wounded and her tone softened. “It’s not that I don’t love you for it but I want to be a part of it. It’s our life together, not just you.”

He crossed his arms and leaned back. She knew that face. That was his “I’m a GM” face. She hated that face but he was shifting his mind from play to business.

“All right, what were you thinking?”

She smirked. “You remember all my heavy law books?”

He rolled his eyes. “You want to try that again?”

She didn’t like his tone at all. “Of course I do. I don’t quit on things.” She poked him in the chest. “You should know that.”

Properly chastised, he frowned. “Point taken. If you want to be a lawyer, this town is good one to be a lawyer in." He sighed. "So, which side you want in on?”

“Independent defense attorney. Since we’re not hurting for money, I wouldn’t charge a lot at all,” she said happily. “I want to help people. Make life better for them.” She winked at him. “You could help do that.”

He nodded. He reached for the remote and turned the movie off. She now had his full attention. “The Lakers are looking for some organizations to really support. Jabari, in particular, has been pretty vocal about wanting to get involved. From an organizational standpoint, it’d be really good for us and him in terms of publicity.”

“And Jabari?”

He smiled. “He’s a good kid. He was raised right and wants to use his newfound fame to help promote a cause. What kind of cause is the question … and frankly, there are a lot of things that could use his kind of star power. The kid is the next, great thing in this league, Liz. You should see him play.”

She pulled some her dark hair behind her ear and snuggled up close against him. “I’ll make a deal. When I land my new job, I’ll run up a list of organizations to support. I already have a few ideas.”

Ronnie looked at her deviously. “And what do I get?”

“My eternal gratitude.”

He shook his head with a smirk on his face.

She laughed at him. “Fine, that and I’ll talk basketball with you.”

His eyes lit up. “You’re not just teasing me, are you? You know I love it when you talk basketball.”

She put a finger on his lips. “I promise. I’ll even throw in a few nights where we play, if you think you’re up for it. You are getting older, after all.”

He feigned a wounded look. “I can’t believe you’d be so hurtful!”

She stood and backpedaled towards the bedroom. “Well, I guess I’m just feeling bad tonight … would you like to discipline me, Commissioner?”

She was being playful and he didn’t need a second invitation. He leapt off the couch and rushed towards her as she rushed towards the bedroom.

Liam Neeson’s thriller wasn’t nearly as thrilling as what they did next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »