Home

Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

This is a discussion on Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

D Cousins looking good. Nice trade for D-Will II, looks like the team is coming along well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

FOLLOWING....excellent read man looking forward to more
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
Banned

mpejkrm's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm following this, nice work.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #28
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm
I'm following this, nice work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
FOLLOWING....excellent read man looking forward to more
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
D Cousins looking good. Nice trade for D-Will II, looks like the team is coming along well.
Thanks for all the support. I want to stay with the Kings for a while but I need to develop a storyline to keep the readers interested. Hopefully Tyreke can pick up his game because I like him and I don't want to have to ship him.

More coming ASAP
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

Sorry for the lack of posting. Been real busy lately. I'll try and get more posts in again in the next couple of days
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kings dismantle Pacers with big 4th quarter behind balanced scoring

Tim James for Kings.com l 3rd November 2012 10:00 PM

The Kings are playing like.....well Kings. 3 games. 3 wins. This time around no one's performance stood out it was a great scoring effort from the whole team as 6 Kings finished in double digits with Derrick Williams leading the team with 17 points and 8 rebounds.

After shooting in the 20% region in the opening minutes of the game it looked like the Kings were going to be in for a long night. It was a great effort to turn the performance around though and come into Indiana and not only walk out with a win but a dominant win.

The Kings did though at times struggle to stop the 3 points shots fro the Pacers as midway throughout the 2nd they were 3/4 and using this weapon to their advantage. It would eventually help them take a half time lead.

It was the 4th quarter though were the Kings would really start to turn on the style. Not only did they hold the Pacers to just an 8 point 4th quarter but they scored 30 points in the quarter themselves. A big part of this was the 5 offensive rebounds collected in just that single quarter, and a staggering 59 rebounds on the night. With DeMarcus Cousins grabbing 16 of them himself and scoring 15 points.

Keith Smart was very happy with his teams performance overall. "It's a great feeling knowing you win and everyone has chipped in. The performance as a whole was brilliant and it was great to watch. We need to keep up this level of play and not get carried away. We still have a long way to go" he said.

The Kings may have a long way to go but early on they are looking to prove the doubters wrong an put the whole league on notice.

Play of the game: Isaiah Thomas beat the buzzer with a fade away three pointer to end the third quarter. The Kings were able to ride the momentum from that shot to win the game and pull away in the 4th

King's Rookie Watch: Thomas Robinson is showing steady improvement. Coming off a 10 point game against Minnesota he has 9 points and 9 rebounds tonight and made all 3 of his field goals

Sacramento Kings at Indiana Pacers
Nov 3, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Sacramento (3-0)24283230114
Indiana (1-2)263024888
Sacramento Kings
NOTABLE PERFORMANCESMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Derrick Williams308-120-01-38011317
Tyreke Evans 285-130-26-75500416
DeMarcus Cousins 375-100-05-716211015
TEAM TOTALS41/83 (49%)5/15 (33%)27/36 (75%)59219416114
Indiana Pacers
NOTABLE PERFORMANCESMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
David West 318-170-00-08400216
Paul George 326-121-50-04120113
Gerald Green 165-102-50-02100012
TEAM TOTALS38/94 (40%)5/14 (38%)7/7 (100%)40241141188

Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #30
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

Kings playing great basketball now. D-Will played pretty well in his debut too.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

4th November 2012

Mike dropped the last box beside the door and walked toward the window. He could just see down town Sacramento.

"It's not flashy, but it will do" He said under a sigh

He never wanted to have a big house. What could he possibly do with it. Well apart from throwing the occasional party. The house was just outside the down town area of Sacramento. three bedrooms, a bathroom and a reasonably sized kitchen. A nice driveway which he hoped to fit a hoop in sometime soon so he could whoop his brother. He turned on the tv and Inside the NBA was on. They were reviewing last nights games. It happened to be the Kings demolishing of Indiana.

"What about these Kings huh? 3-0 and they don't look like stopping soon. Could they be the surprise of the season. Shaq?. They could be but you know me and the Kings don't get on well" Mike muted the tv.

He did like Shaq's antics. He remembered watching that game as a kid. Then hearing about that refereeing scandal that apparently went on. It was one of the many dark moments in the NBA. He wanted to build a Sacramento team like that and not just like that but better. This city needed some redemption for that. With the move to Seattle on the horizon it seemed impossible though. Maybe the Maloof's might change their mind? but who was he kidding they were the most two faced owners in the league.

As he went to sit down on the lone chair in front of the tv there was a knock at the door. He opened an it was his mom and brother Mark.

"I thought you were going to call?" his mom said in a worrying tone

"I'm sorry. I got caught up with things"

"Are we really going to be in this phase Michael? Where work is more important than family?"

"No of course not mom. You know this job is different."

"Yeah well don't let it change you" she looked around the new house

"I thought you might have got something better than this!"

"I don't like being fancy. I wanted something simple."

She had a smirk on her face.

"Okay. Okay. No need to get angry."

His brother Mark budged in with the usual basketball talk.

"So. YOUR Kings are slightly over performing aren't they?"

"Are you mocking me again?" He laughed

"No. Im just saying. I thought you guys were going to get whipped by the Bulls and the Pacers"

"Well the NBA is a weird and wonderful place. You can't tell me we never played well in any of those games."

"I was surprised when you traded for a bust" His brother joked

"Seriously? Williams has been in the league a year. He's a growing player and you have a lot to learn. Remember when Dirk first came into the league? or even Chauncey Billups? Oh and remind me again why your not the general manager of an NBA team" It was turning into a heated debate.

His mom interfered just like when they were younger. She didn't even know anything past who the Lakers or Celtics were.

"Michael. Leave your brother alone!"

Mike sighed.

"Mom, I ain't 12 years old any more but it's nice to know your still a pacifist."

Mike's phone rang.

"Hello"

"What's up kid"

He knew Ed's scratchy voice miles away. He was getting quite close to him now. He knew what he was doing. He was an expert in the NBA.

"Hey, what's up Ed"

"I got a wild proposition for you. You might not like it."

"Really? It better be good"

"You know what it can wait. It's based on time. It can wait a couple of months. Just get settled an we can discuss it soon"

"Nice to know your looking out for me" Mike joked

He hung up the phone wondering what Ed wanted to suggest. He went back to talk to his mom and brother.

"I hope you know we are staying for the rest of the weekend to help you get settled?" his mom exclaimed

"You know I am a man. A man with pride who is capable of setting up his own house without his mom"

She scoffed

"Do you talk to your new boss like that?"

"You know i'm kidding"

His brother jumped on the chair. He took control of the TV.

"Oh make yourself at home"

"I'll make it my home when I whip you again so you better get a hoop set up pronto"

He made a toy slapping motion toward his brother.

He knew he could walk all over him at Basketball.

Right now he was more focused on what Ed had to say and why he wanted Mike to wait and keeping the teams winning streak going.

Last edited by Liam_93; 02-22-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Just read through it and I'm really enjoying it right now, can't wait for more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »