Home

Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

This is a discussion on Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #33
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Chasing Dreams: The GM Story of Mike Ellis (NBA 2K13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox_Caelum
Just read through it and I'm really enjoying it right now, can't wait for more.
Thanks glad to have another follower on board.

I have been thinking, to get through the first season quicker I think I might sim to the trade deadline and since I'm running 30 team control I can make all the trades that happened. I'm bordering on making the Robinson-Patterson trade even though I liked Robinson and I thought he is a good piece, So is Patterson, Good jump shooter and just a flat out scorer. he was averaging 25 mins a game in Houston in real life and scoring 11 PPG with more minutes he can become a 15 PPG + scorer. Something that would help my team now rather than developing Robinson.

Plus he reunites with his old UK teammate DeMarcus Cousins

Stay tuned more coming.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #34
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

I have modified the post before this one to try and reflect with me simming nearer to the trade deadline.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Johnson ESPN.com l 2:00 PM Friday 15th February 2013

HOUSTON, TX -- Its finally here. The day most fans and some players look forward to in the NBA calendar. All-Star Weekend. This years host's as we all know, Houston and the Toyota Center. The Rockets can be proud as they are well represented this year although the team are not doing the best their is no doubt they have some talent. This weekend is a time to put away the worries of the regular season for a few nights and have fun. No doubt all the stars will come out. Celebrities, Other Sports stars, NBA legends and more.

We have the cream of the crop when it comes to young players later on tonight as the Rising Stars challenge kicks off the weekends festivities.

Jeremy Evans of the Sacramento Kings will defend his slam dunk title on Saturday night, which happens to be the night that most people like the best. The 3 point contest this year boasts some of the best sharpshooters in the NBA.

To round things out nicely the weekend will end with the 62nd NBA All-Star game. This is the game that boasts the most star power in the NBA. I'm sure we will see some crazy dunks. Players shooting threes that don't normally and some new faces representing their respective franchise.

A full list of competitors can be found below:

James Harden - Houston
Stephen Curry - Golden State
Chandler Parsons - Houston
Kyrie Irving - Cleveland
Ryan Anderson - New Orleans
Klay Thompson - Golden State

Blake Griffin - Los Angeles Clippers
Anthony Davis - New Orleans Hornets
Jeremy Evans - Sacramento Kings
Chris Johnson - Memphis Grizzlies

62nd NBA All Star Game

Starters

Deron Williams - Brooklyn
Dwyane Wade - Miami
LeBron James - Miami
Josh Smith* - Atlanta
Joakim Noah* - Chicago

Reserves

Monta Ellis* - Milwaukee
Luol Deng - Chicago
Carmelo Anthony - New York
Greg Monroe* - Detroit
Brook Lopez* - Brooklyn
Chris Bosh - Miami
Jrue Holiday* - Philadelphia

Starters

Chris Paul - Los Angeles Clippers
Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers
Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder
Blake Griffin - Los Angeles Clippers
Dwight Howard - Los Angeles Lakers

Reserves

James Harden* - Houston
Danilo Gallinari* - Denver
David Lee - Golden State
DeMarcus Cousins* - Sacramento
LaMarcus Aldridge - Portland
Andre Iguodala - Denver
Russell Westbrook - Oklahoma City Thunder

* Detonates 1st time selection
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #35
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

17th February 2013

The atmosphere and buzz around the Arena was something he had never experienced before. It was something he had always dreamed about as a kid. He remembered Kobe's first all-star game the first one he actually watched the passing of the so called "Torch" from Jordan to Kobe. Mike, Tom and his brother Mark were two rows from courtside.

"I still can't believe this" Mark shouted

"Yeah were all happy to finally be at one of these Mark but calm down" Mike said

"Leave the kid alone man. He's excited don't be a buzz kill" Tom Joked

"Oh, Nice to see where your loyalties are"

"Really? We are going back to being 12 years old again Mike"

"I'm kidding man"

"Mike, thanks for taking me to this, I can't wait to tell Mom" Mark said with a smile on his face

"No problem, I'm glad you can be here. Just sucks Mom couldn't make it."

Even though his Mom didn't like basketball that much Mike still wanted to spend time with her. Even after a few months he was still missing seeing her.

"So who you guys got for MVP?" Tom asked

"Got to be Kobe for me. You know where I stand bro" Mark stated

"Going to go with KD myself just too hot this season and he will want to win the all-star game" Tom chimed in

"Well I want to go for DeMarcus and say loyal but I dont think a reserve has ever won MVP. If the east take it LeBron. West i'm going with Tom and saying KD. Battle of the Small Forwards" Mike debated.

Their was one empty seat beside them. The game had just tipped of and some people were still getting seated. He could see someone walking down the Aisle. It was Maloof's assistant Charlotte. He had one part of his mind focused on whether she had news from Maloof and another focused on her. He had a soft spot for her now and he was casually trying to hide it.

"Hey" she said to Mike

"He..Hey good to see you" Mike said nervously

"This must be your brother"

Mark was more focused on the game and sent a quick wave her way.

"Yeah. Mark. So you here to check up on me?"

"No. Believe it or not I do enjoy the occasional basketball game."

"Really?" Mike said as he raised an eyebrow

"Yeah. You don't think I got a job around basketball not being interested in the NBA do you?"

Mike chuckled

"Yeah of course"

"I know you have been busy with the team and your taking a break but Maloof has his doubts about you"

"Why would you go against him and tell me that?"

"Well I just thought I'd let you know"

"Well thanks for the heads up."

"I personally think you are doing OK with what you got. What you have done with the team and the new players is impressive. Williams looks like a good piece"

"Thanks for the compliment. if I sound like I'm not listening to what you say it's probably because my Mom never used to talk about basketball alot" He joked

"Sure i'll keep that in mind. So the trade deadline is this week, got any plan's?"

"I could"

Mike kept his plans under raps. Although he liked her. He still had a feeling she might let Maloof know before anything actually develops.

"Very ambitious" she joked. "i'm going to go grab something you wan't anything" she asked

"I'll have a beer"

She made her way back towards the food court, Tom turned to Mike

"Your into her man, I can tell"

"No way man. Were just friends"

"Sure and I'm the pope. I've known you all my life. I know when you have a crush"

"I swear dude"

"Hmm..We will see about that"

He was trying his best to hide it from Tom. Tom was right he knew Mike and he knew he had a soft spot for her.

He didn't want to get involved yet though. She was too close to Maloof and he wanted to stay on his good side. He liked Sacramento and He liked the Kings too much now to risk it.

After he enjoyed the game his mind was on the trade deadline.

What options did they have since the team had now fallen to 23-31?

Mike wanted what was best for the team. He had one positive in Cousins finally moulded into an all-star.

Now he just needed the right pieces.

Last edited by Liam_93; 02-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

February 21st 2013

One of the most hectic days in the NBA calendar. Mike hadn't experienced anything like it. He had underestimated how much stress it caused. Ed was sat at Mike's desk while Mike was pacing back and forth the office. Tom was in the corner on his laptop checking out the deadline tracker.

"Your an idiot Kid!" Ed shouted at Mike "Robinson has a higher ceiling than Patterson any day. I don't know why you made that trade"

"I have my reasons. It's a very big risk and could come back to haunt us but He was hurting our chances of sneaking into the play-offs and Patterson can help us now. Off the bench or starting. Plus Williams was keeping him down the depth chart."

"I don't care. You still can't beat potential" Ed Argued

Mike had taken a huge risk trading Robinson. The Kings were still within a shout of making the post season but did they really want an 8th seed when they could just land a lottery pick?. Sure Patterson had talent but not as much as Robinson. Tom turned to both men to stop the argument.

"Shut up you two!. Listen to this. Reports coming from Pheonix are the Morris twins will be reunited. The Rockets have traded Marcus Morris for a second round pick after the acquisition of Sacramento's Thomas Robinson"

"F***" Mike shouted "Teams aren't making big moves but they are making smart ones. That beef's up Phoenix's depth chart and could add a couple wins. They are only 7 wins off us.

Mike was still pacing up and down furiously, biting his nails to the tip. He didn't need to make a move but he felt he needed to. Ed turned to him.

"Mike, remember a couple months back I told you I had a proposition that you might not like."

"Yeah, this better be good"

"Evans"

"What about him"

"I know your high on the kid but he is hurting us and we should offload hm while his value is still respectable."

Evans was still inconsistent. 16.8 PPG his average was still up but not enough to make a difference .3 PPG. He was far from the player he had shown from his rookie season.

"He wants to resign" Mike tried to reason with Ed

"I know but I'm telling you kid if we deal him now it might benefit us in the long term"

"I really don't know Ed"

"Trust me, I know"

Mike looked nervously at the clock. 2:25 PM. There was less then an hour left of the deadline. He had to move soon.

"You really think we should do this?"

Tom butted in.

"Reports from Milwaukee. They have recieved J.J Redick in a multiplayer deal"

Mike scratched the back of his head. He had one target in mind. He had intrigued him all season.

"Thats a decent deal for Milwaukee. Depends who the other players are"

Ed tried to get Mike back on track.

"So what you got, Kid"

Mike reached for the phone. It was worth a shot.

"We might have to give up quite alot but I think it might be worth it"

"So?" Ed pushed Mike for an answer"

"Look, I'll do the business. I'll just say that he was in the same draft class as Tyreke. Later in the Lottery"

Mike and Ed looked at each other. Ed nodded like it was a good to go.

He had to take another risk. He had already risked committing franchise suicide trading away Robinson for Patterson and a couple expiring contracts in Aldrich and Douglas.

What could Mike have up his sleeve.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't believe you went through with the Robinson trade ... what could your guy do with Evans? I'm looking at the 09 draft class and I can't find anyone you'd really be able to get without giving them a haul ...

Hmm.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #38
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Just gonna rattle off some names of players from that class,
Steph Curry
Jordan Hill
DeMar DeRozan
Brandon Jennings
Terrence Williams
Earl Clark
Gerald Henderson

Of those, I think that DeRozan, williams, or Clark would be my guesses.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #39
Rookie

Liam_93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Can't believe you went through with the Robinson trade ... what could your guy do with Evans? I'm looking at the 09 draft class and I can't find anyone you'd really be able to get without giving them a haul ...

Hmm.
I know I shouldn't have done it but I wanted to see how things develop without him. It's less horrible in my association than in real life because Patterson will be stuck behind Thompson who I don't have any more and Williams can play both 3 and 4 (I'm thinking of sliding Williams down depending on how Patterson performs off the bench). Plus Williams does have some of the Athleticism that was lost in Robinson.

Thanks for the opinion though. I knew you might have disliked it haha.

As for Evans you will find out soon...
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #40
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_93
I know I shouldn't have done it but I wanted to see how things develop without him. It's less horrible in my association than in real life because Patterson will be stuck behind Thompson who I don't have any more and Williams can play both 3 and 4 (I'm thinking of sliding Williams down depending on how Patterson performs off the bench). Plus Williams does have some of the Athleticism that was lost in Robinson.

Thanks for the opinion though. I knew you might have disliked it haha.

As for Evans you will find out soon...
Dude, the entire sports world hated that trade unanimously. No one had that happening and it was such a 2K cheese trade ... I don't even think the dumb AI would have accepted that trade without the override.

The NBA should make it rule that all GMs have to run their trade through 2k trade logic. If the computer accepts it, obviously they did something wrong

I like Patterson as a player and feel that he can be a Paul Millsap type ... maybe a little better as Patterson possess more of a motor than Millsap IMO. He's a solid starter in this league but his ceiling is just about reached.

At least you got rid of Thompson though. So, unlike the real Kings, you managed to start the guy you traded for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »