Home

The King of Texas-A Dallas Mavericks NBA 13 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The King of Texas-A Dallas Mavericks NBA 13 Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #57
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The King of Texas-A Dallas Mavericks NBA 13 Dynasty

NBA Releases All-Star Rosters and Event Contestants
West All-Stars
PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Kevin Durant
PF Kevin Love
C Dwight Howard
6 Blake Griffin PF
7 Russel Westbrook PG
8 Andre Igudala SF
9 DeMarcus Cousins C
10 Tyreke Evans SG
11 Mike Conley PG
12 Jeremy Lin PG

East All-Stars
PG Derek Rose
SG Monta Ellis
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF LeBron James
C Andrew Bynum
6 Deron Williams PG
7 Josh Smith PF
8 Greg Monroe C
9 Danny Granger SF
10 Kyrie Irving PG
11Rajon Rondo PG
12 Brandon Jennings PG

Rising Stars Challenge
Stars
PG Kyrie Irving
SG Iman Shumpert
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF Kenneth Faried
C Anthony Davis
6 Damion Lillard PG
7 Dion Waiters SG
8 Jeff Taylor SF
9 Thomas Robinson PF
10Tyler Zeller C

Elites
PG Kemba Walker
SG Bradley Beal
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Tristan Thompson
C Andrew Nichalson
6 Austin Rivers PG
7 Brandon Knight PG
8 James Johnson SF
9 Greg Stiemsma
10 Enis Kanter C

Dunk Contest
Blake Griffin
Jared Cunnigham
DeMar DeRozan
Jeremy Evans

3-Point Contest
OJ Mayo
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Danny Granger
Randy Foye
Kevin Martin

Blue=Mavs Player
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #58
Rookie

kjking's Arena

Mavs One-on-One Tournament Bracket

1.Dirk Nowitzki
8.Steve Novak

4.Quincy Pondexter
5. Royce White

3.Roddy Beaubois
6. Dominique Jones

2. Chris Kaman
7. Jonas Valaciunas
Rules:
1.All games played to 21
2.Must win by 2 points
3. Play 1 point a bucket, 2 points for threes
4. No fouls unless blatant, then ball goes to person who was fouled

"Well, that looks pretty fair." Cuban said.

"I tried my best," KJ replied, "Now we have to get it started."

The first round was chalk, except for Valaciunas upsetting Chris Kaman. Pondexter lost to Dirk on a Dirk 3, and Valaciunas lost to Roddy Buckets 31-29.

"Exciting," Mark said smiling, "But watching it made me realize we need to do something to win the division and have a shot at a championship."

"What?" Theo said, walking up with some nachos.

"Trade Chris Kaman. He has value, but he is on a one-year deal. Maybe we can get another decent center or something. Good luck boys!"

King spent most of the day debating his options for a Kaman trade, then settled on 4 he liked. He conferenced with Theo and Mark, they agreed for him to pursue them tomorrow. King also asked Mark a question.

"You know, we could use an older voice in making descisions. I mean, Theo's great, but I could use some more support, especially one that I haven't known for years."

"I understand what your saying," Mark said, "I'll ask around."

The whole team had a blast watching the 3-point contest, which was won by Kevin Durant. They all cheered on Jared Cunningham, who pulled of some nice dunks, but Blake was too good, and won the dunk contest. And Iman Shumpert had a nice showing at the Rising Stars Challenge.

*This is a turning point in my storyline. How will Theo react to being downgraded? Who will the Mavs acquire? And will KJ and Lexi develop a romance? Find out soon!*

Last edited by kjking; 03-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #59
Rookie

kjking's Arena

"Here we go, the finals of the Mavericks one-on-one tournament. It is 20 to 20, and Roddy Beaubois has the ball. He puts up the 3... GOOD! THE WINNER IS RODDY BUCKETS!!!" KJ King was pretending to be the announcer, and he was smiling and going crazy. The team rushed the court and mobbed Beaubois, who was running around like crazy and smiling. Everyone was having a great time. Theo came over to King laughing, and said

"Well, that was exciting. Hey, have you seen Lexi? I haven't seen her all day."

"Weird," KJ said, "She is normally so social. I think she really likes the team."
Mark Cuban came over, and pulled KJ aside.

"Great game, huh. You could totally be an announcer!" he said smiling, "But seriously, the guy you asked about yesterday, I've heard great things about a guy named Lenny Rush. He is currently in Europe, he recruites lots of ex-NBA players."

"I'll contact him," King told Mark, "He sounds perfect, thanks Mark!"

That Night

"See you tomorrow Mark!" King shouted as he walked out the door. Mark sighed. Young people have to much energy, he thought. He went to his office, and saw a paper in his copy machine. It was Theo's resume. What the heck? I didn't make a copy of this. You know what, I'm probably losing my mind. He shook his head and shuffled to the bathroom to go brush his teeth.

Last edited by kjking; 03-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #60
Rookie

kjking's Arena

All-Star Break Review

Dunk Contest

Griffin Wins with Old Trick

Blake Griffin went vintage Vince Carter, doing a windmill slam and shoved his arm through the hoop to put away Mavericks SG Jared Cunningham(2nd), last years champ Jazz SF Jeremy Evans(3rd), and Raptors SG/SF DeMar DeRozan. The judges were impressed by Jared Cunningham, who threw the ball of the backboard, and did a 360 in midair before throwing it down.

3-Point Contest
Durant Shoots Lights Out for 3-Point Crown

Kevin Durant was perfect from beyond the ark to win the 3-point contest. Other competitors came close, with Deron Williams missing only once, Danny Granger missing twice, and Randy Foye missing 4 shots.

Rising Stars Game
MKG Shines in Rising Stars Game

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist dominated the game, scoring 24 points and grabbing 8 rebounds in the Stars 127-92 win. Iman Shumpert also played well for the Stars with 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists, and of course Kyrie Irving played well with 23 points, and the Manimal had 17 points, as did Damian Lillard. Anthony Davis was not as good, with only 12 points and 8 boards. For the Elites, Kemba Walker and Bradley Beal had 17 a piece, Tristan Thompson had 18 points and 6 rebounds, and Kawhi Leonard was everywhere, with 13 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 dimes.

The All-Star Game
Love Helps Bring West to Victory

The West All-Stars got the victory this year, with a 124-108 victory over the East. Kevin Love had 22 in the win, while LeBron had 24 for the East.

West All-Stars

Chris Paul 10
Kobe Bryant 18
Kevin Durant 19
Kevin Love 22
Dwight Howard 6
Blake Griffin 6
Russel Westbrook 7
Andre Igudala 7
DeMarcus Cousins 7
Tyreke Evans 11
Mike Conley 2
Jeremy Lin 9

East All-Stars
Derek Rose 10
Monta Ellis 20
Carmelo Anthony 17
LeBron James 24
Andrew Bynum 15
Deron Williams 14
Josh Smith 2
Greg Monroe 0
Danny Granger 0
Kyrie Irving 0
Rajon Rondo 0
Brandon Jennings

Last edited by kjking; 03-30-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #61
Rookie

kjking's Arena

What do you think of the banner? It was made by someone on another site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjking
What do you think of the banner? It was made by someone on another site.
Looks good.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #63
Rookie

kjking's Arena

I think its good too.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #64
Rookie

kjking's Arena

Mavs Trade Deadline Preview
*Note-I will update this as we get news on any Mavs trade deadline rumors and reports*

Report:Mavs Look to Acquire Star Big Man

The Dallas Mavericks could be heating things up at the trade deadline. A report surfaced today that Dallas is interested in acquiring a star center, preferably Al Horford on the Hawks or Brook Lopez of the Nets. The report also says the Mavs are prepared to give away Chris Kaman and picks, either this year or next year, but are unwilling to get rid of the Raptors 1st rounder.

Prokhorov: Lopez is a Net

Mikhail Prokhorov held a press conference after the Nets game today, and made an announcement. "We are not looking to trade Brook Lopez. As a matter of fact, we won't trade Brook Lopez. He is a Net now, and will be a Net for a long time." This came from the rumor earlier in the week that the Dallas Mavericks might be interested in acquiring the Nets big man.

Mavs Make Strong Offer, Says Hawks GM

The Dallas Mavericks are really lloking to become contenders. The Atlanta Hawks general manager, Danny Ferry, tells 680 the Fan in Atlanta the Dallas Mavericks have made a "very strong offer for Horford" featuring "a 1st round pick, and some very intriguing players" The Mavericks were reported to be interested in Horford earlier this week. When asked about Horford, Dallas owner Mark Cuban said "He is a player we would love to have, and could be a great piece for us." When asked about the offer, he said "We think we gave a great package and hope they accept."

Who is the Dark Horse in Big Man Race?

A source from inside the Mavericks organization says they could be pursuing another player. The source says it is not a center, but a power forward, and they plan on having Dirk Nowitzki move to center should they acquire the player. One Eastern Conference GM has some guesses on who this mystery man might be.
"It could be Paul Milsap. He is on the worst team in the Western Conference, and has a year remaining on his deal. It could also be Kevin Love. He has hinted he isn't happy in Minnesota and could want a move. A even more unlikely candidate is Chris Bosh. The Heat no longer really need him, and having Kaman set screens and roll to the basket and be a rebounder could make them an even better team."

Mavs Deal Imminent

A source close to the Dallas Mavericks said the team is close to a deal with either the Hawks for Al Horford or the Jazz for Paul Milsap, says Yahoo! Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski.The report says the Mavericks will give up Chris Kaman, Jared Cunningham, and either 2013 or 2014 first round pick.

Last edited by kjking; 04-06-2013 at 08:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »