Home

The Allday Story: The Greatness is in The Air

This is a discussion on The Allday Story: The Greatness is in The Air within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey everyone, I'm new here and this is my first go at this. I have read many dynasty stories on here and loved them all. I will be controlling the Bobcats the start date is just after the trade deadline. I don't control the other 30 teams and only use trade override if needed to help with putting players onto other teams not mine, I don't like to cheat with the trade override. I hope you all enjoy.

I will be playing anywhere from 10 to 20 games each season and for the playoffs I will sim the first 2-3 games of a round and play the rest besides the finals (if I make it). I plan on trying to do a lonnnng dynasty, 5 years would be good but 10 years would be better.

Rosters: Default
Sliders: Custom (Will put up later)
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Draft Class: Default (I will do my best to give details about the top prospects from each class)
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Injuries: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Player Roles: On
Team Chemistry: On
CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: On

I will follow the main character Rick Allday and how he goes about business. I will do recaps of games here and there, espn articles about the franchise, a monthly report with recap of bobcats game scores/stats, league news and standings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Re: The Allday Story: The Greatness is in The Air

TABLE OF CONTENT

Season One: 2012/13

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Chapter I – The Beginning

Friday 22nd of February 2013:

The call that started everything – 4:45pm

It was about 85 degrees outside, I had just laid down on my out door lounge at my Malibu beach side house after just opening up my 500th Fitness Center worldwide. “I’ve come a long way” I said out loud, “all the way from running a small personal training studio in Australia to becoming the biggest fitness name in the world.”

My cell phone started ringing "This better not be Frank.."

Rick: "Hello, Rick speaking."

MJ:“Rick you are one of the best business managers in the world.”

Mike was always to the point, he didn’t like wasting time.

Rick: “Oh hey Mike, umm I guess you could say that… Oh and don’t forget sport/fitness manager.”

I laughed as if I was only joking but it was true I could turn anything into gold if I really tried.

MJ: “Yes this is true... Well I have an offer for you.”

I sat up straight, for a few second I was trying to guess what it might be, did he want to make a return and wanted me to train him? Surely he wasn’t going to suit up for the Bobcats, that would have been embarrassing and sad.

MJ: “You still there?”

Rick: “Yeah sorry Mike. What is the offer?”

MJ: “Rich Cho my GM is not the man for the job. I need someone that is a go getter, excellent business man and most of all will help me win a championship with this franchise. He has made many questionable decisions and he didn’t get done what I wanted done by the trade deadline.”

I thought for a second..Who would be good for this job. I was well known in the sporting world but I’m sure Mike knew more people then I did.

Rick: “Well I know a couple of guys but none are probably better then Cho, Mike.”

MJ: “That’s why I want you to be my GM.”

I was totally caught off guard. Me a GM in the NBA. I love sport and I love basketball even more but me? I guess I have the qualifications to do the job but I haven’t even had a job in the NBA before besides training the odd player here and there.

MJ: “You are a self made multi millionaire, and run the largest fitness company in the world Rick. You are self driven, the go getter I need to fix all the mistakes past GM’s have made. And you’re also not scared to question me.”

Rick: “Well. I wasn’t expecting this today. When is Cho leaving?”

MJ: “Packed his office about 10 minutes ago, it’s probably on the news by now.”

I switched on ESPN and sure enough there it was. His serious, but then again he was always serious.

MJ: “Look I know you have your own businesses to run and you would have time to this, maybe even set up your major officers over here in Charlotte in the Arena, free rent, closer to New York then the west coast."

I had a lot of interest in Wall Street and had regular meetings in New York so I guess it made sense and obviously he has thought everything through already.

"I’m willing to offer you a big contract and a percentage of the franchise. I am sick of being the laughing stock of the NBA. I know you can turn this around and I need your help and you no how much I hate asking for help, but I haven’t met anyone with your skill set in management before, you are the best at what you do.”

I had a flash back of when I first met Michael. It was in his finally year at the Wizards in 2003. I had come out to the States to do a few courses to help me build my business. At that stage I had only 5 fitness centers in Australia. I had always wanted to go see Michael play but classes and games always clashed in the 4 weeks I was there in March 2003. However right before I was about to leave I managed to attend a training session as I was studying with the head trainer of the Wizards and he got me a pass. Jordan was the only one I wanted to meet as I was a Bulls fan growing up. I still remember the first words he said to me after the trainer introduced me as Trent from Down Under, “Wanna throw some sangs on the Barbie mate!?!”

Rick: “Look Mike. I’m 35, I’m rich beyond my wildest dreams, I'm living the life of just kicking back, I don’t have any stress in my life... “

MJ: “So that’s a no!?”

Rick: “No it’s a yes. Of course I will do it mate, I need a new challenge and anyway it’s been a boyhood dream. I don’t want a percentage in the franchise though, well, not straight away anyway you know I like to earn my keep. If I have preformed well by the end of say the 2013/14 season we can talk about it. I will need a couple of days to put a few plans in place but the businesses pretty much runs itself, and Frank knows what his doing.”

MJ: “Perfect. Start on Tuesday then?”

Rick: “Too easy. See you then mate.”

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-24-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: edited
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Tuesday 26th of February 2013

It has be a busy last few days which have been spent trying to find a new head coach, no one wanted the job and then on Monday morning at about 4.30am it hit me. DAN GOODEN. I remembered him from when he coached the Melbourne Tigers in 2005/06 before heading to China and then Europe. He was young, well two years older then me but still young for a head coach in my books but he was a coach that demand respect, he only left to go oversea because he got offered bigger pay checks then what he was earning as an assistant with Milwaukee.

And as the saying goes, "outta sight, outta mind", the NBA had forgotten him, when I met him in 2005 I could see that passion to win in his eyes and that's what I wanted. A winner. And he was, winning five championships in three different countries over 8 years is amazing and now I was going to give him the chance and job he always wanted.

Boardroom meeting with New Head Coach Dan and Mike – 10:00am

Rick: “We have a lot of work to get done today.”

MJ: “Yes we do. Is Dan here yet?”

Rick: “Yes he flew in at about 2:00am last night. He is downstairs waiting for his coffee.”

MJ: “See you’re already on the ball. With Mike having to quit for family reason, that isn’t something we can plan for and you’re come up with a great replacement Coach in Dan Gooden.”

Rick: “Well I’m just lucky Real Madrid were happy to settle on a buy out as his contract expired in 6 weeks anyway. His a good bloke, knows way to much about basketball and his playbook is more like an epic 10 book novel series. He will be great”

MJ: “Dan Gooden, nice to meet you in person finally. How was your flight?”

Dan: “Hi Michael, Rick. It was ok I’m just happy to be here!”

Rick: “Alright let’s get started. This year is a right off. Gone. Let’s not make it worse but not getting a top 3 pick. There are teams sitting 2-5 games ahead of us, being the Wizards, Cavs, Magic, Kings and Suns. We are here to plan for the future and I have written up this document by hand so no copies can ever be made. I’ll read it out let me know if you want to add anything.”

“1. Main goal is to get a Top 3 pick and selected Andre Carter. He is a beast power forward and is going to rip this league apart. He is ranked in the top 5 at the moment but he is a must. So with that said winning is not that important for the next three and a half months.”

Dan: “Your saying to lose right?”

MJ: “Yes Dan. That doesn’t mean we don’t want championships but the season is gone we need to build this team. And don’t worry your job is safe that’s why we are giving you a contact through to the end of 2015.”

Rick: “Ok, Number 2. We need to play Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and Ramon Sessions as much as possible without taking time away from Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist.”

Dan: “Really??”

MJ: “Yeah why? Wouldn’t we give the kids the playing time?”

Rick: “Between those three we own them 25 million, I’m going to sign Gordon to 3 more years he is willing to drop down to about 6 million a season and forgo the 12 million he is owed for next season. This will make him more attractive to other teams looking for a sixth man. We need to play them so they can score some points look like they are worth the money so we can ship them out and start the rebuild through the draft and free agency.”

MJ: “These are all good points but what if no one takes them?”

Rick: “Don’t worry Mike the Kings will trade for anyone. I’m already scouting out who wants a half decent player with an expiring contact and there are lots interested. Dan I know this isn’t the ideal start for you but we have plans of winning a chip within 3 seasons and you will be the one standing up there lifting the trophy high.”

“Alright Number 3. Cutting down our salary cap. We all agree Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are the future, if we add Andre Carter into that mix all we are missing is a center and another guard. So with saying that I am willing to trade everything besides those two players and this year’s pick. What do you think guys?”

MJ: “I knew you were the right man for the job. If we can start with only Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist whilst hopeful drafting Carter, ill be a happy owner.”

Dan:
“I don’t see how this wouldn’t work. I’ve always found the best teams are the ones that grow up together and grow as players together also just like OKC.”

Rick: “Well we all know what to do. Mike you have to sell to the fans that we are on the right track. Dan you need to help Walker and MKG improve as players and help Gordon and Co. shine a little brighter so we can rebuild this franchise. And for me I’ll be scouting who we can get in this off season. Oh and one other thing I signed Greg Oden to 3 year deal on the mid-level with a 4th year Team option.”

MJ: “Bad Knees Oden?”

Rick:
“Trust me he is healthy. He will play a couple of minutes for the rest of the year before taking over the starting role next season. Just trust me on this one.”

MJ: “I trust you.”

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-14-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: edited
Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Franchise Details as of 26th February 2013

Owner: Michael Jordan – 50 years old (17/02/1963)
General Manager: Trent Lowe – 35 years old (01/09/1977)
Head Coach: Dan Gooden – 37 years old (10/10/1975)
Current Record: 14 – 43
South East Division Standing: 5th
East Conference Standing: 15th
Roster Number: 15 players

Salary: $58.80 million (Way to much for this crap roster)

Cap Space: -$751k
Staff Budget: $10.00 million
Remaining Budget: $450k
Team Leaders:

Points: 17.7 Kemba Walker, 14.7 Ramon Sessions, 13.2 Gerald Henderson
Rebounds: 7.8 Byron Mullens, 7.3 Bismack Biyombo, 5.7 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Assists: 5.5 Kemba Walker, 3.9 Ramon Sessions, 2.2 Ben Gordon
Steals: 1.8 Kemba Walker, 0.9 Gerald Henderson, 0.8 Bryon Mullens/ Ramon Sessions
Blocks: 1.8 Bismack Biyombo, 1.0 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, 0.8 Brendan Haywood/ DeSagana Diop/ Tyrus Thomas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Chapter II – The Beginning Part II

Sunday 31st of March 2013:

End of month meeting with Rick, Dan and Mike – 6:00pm

It had been an up and down month, losing is never easy but that's all we could at the moment. Winning wasn't worth missing out on a top pick. The NBA was still laugh at us, major news outlets had outlines of "Another GM stuff up? Maybe Jordan should sell." But we all knew the plan and we were going to come back stronger then ever next season, and the other franchises better be ready to rumble.

Rick: “Well we didn’t go as bad as it looked that month. Out of the 15 loses, 7 were within 8 or less points and with Walker and MKG getting injured it didn’t help. We are sitting 6 and a half games behind the Magic so we pretty much have the top chance at the number 1 pick which is great with Andre Carter having a big NCAA tournament he is Ranked number 1 pick everywhere.”

MJ: “Looks like it is all coming along nicely, I have been very impressed with Oden as well I think you’re onto a good thing there. Plus I’ve noticed teams are interested in Gordon and Thomas again which is great. I just want the next 8 games to be over with so we can rid ourselves of these players.”

Rick: “I couldn't agree more Mike, we are almost there. Hey Dan you have been doing a great job mate. The team is still playing well even though we are losing, I think we have only scored under 100 points about three times which is good for the fans.”

Dan: “I can tell you it’s not easy but I do see the bigger picture here as well and just want these last 8 games out of the way so we can reload this team.”

Rick: “Alright Mike I will touch base with you on Tuesday before we head back. Dan we better go we are already running 5 minutes late for the Milwaukee flight.”

*****I will be doing much better recaps next season, not much to talk about when you can't trade and want to lose haha*****

Quick Recap of March 2013

Current Record: 15 – 58
South East Division: 5th
East Conference: 15th

Game Recaps:

28/02/13 @ LAC, Lost 110 – 127
01/03/13 @ UTA, Lost 91 – 107
03/03/13 @ SAC, Lost 81 – 90
04/03/13 @ POR, Lost 78 – 91
06/03/13 vs. BKN, Won 109 – 117
08/03/13 vs. OKC, Lost 104 – 87
09/03/13 @ WAS, Lost 94 – 113
12/03/13 vs. BOS, Lost 109 – 90
15/03/13 @ TOR, Lost 109 – 121
16/03/13 @ BOS, Lost 83 – 91
18/03/13 vs. WAS, Lost 113 – 108
20/03/13 vs. TOR, Won 86 – 99
23/03/13 vs. DET, Lost 99 – 84
24/03/13 @ MIA, Lost 83 – 112
27/03/13 vs. CHA, Lost 114 – 108
29/03/13 @ NY, Lost 101 – 113
30/03/13 @ PHI, Lost 110 - 111

Team Leaders:

Points: 17.5 Kemba Walker, 14.2 Ramon Sessions, 14.0 Ben Gordon
Rebounds: 6.6 Greg Oden, 6.2 Byron Mullens, 6.0 Bismack Biyombo
Assists: 5.4 Kemba Walker, 4.5 Ramon Sessions, 2.7 Ben Gordon
Steals: 1.8 Kemba Walker, 1.0 Tyrus Thomas, 0.9 Gerald Henderson
Blocks: 1.5 Bismack Biyombo, 1.1 Tyrus Thomas, 1.0 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-14-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Recap of April 2013 & End of Season Awards/Stats
Game Recaps:

01/04/13 @ MIL, Lost 113 – 143
03/04/13 vs. PHI, Won 92 – 97
05/04/13 vs. MIA, Lost 113 – 80
06/04/13 @ BKN, Won 112 – 106
09/04/13 @ MEM, Lost 100 – 102
12/04/13 @ DET, Won 90 – 85
13/04/13 vs. MIL, Won 97 - 116
15/04/13 @ NY, Lost 86 – 96
17/04/13 vs. CLE, Won 90 – 98

Month Record: 4-4
END OF SEASON RECORD:

Record: 20 – 62
South East Division: 5th
East Conference: 15th
League Ranking: 30th

Team Leaders:

Points: 17.2 Kemba Walker, 13.8 Ben Gordon , 13.7 Ramon Sessions
Rebounds: 6.4 Greg Oden, 6.0 Brendan Haywood, 5.8 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Assists: 5.4 Kemba Walker, 4.5 Ramon Sessions, 2.9 Ben Gordon
Steals: 1.8 Kemba Walker, 1.1 Tyrus Thomas, 0.9 Gerald Henderson
Blocks: 1.4 Bismack Biyombo, 1.2 Tyrus Thomas, 1.0 Greg Oden

Team Awards: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was selected to NBA All-Rookie 1st Team

NBA Retirements 2013:

NBA Players:

Nazr Mohammed, C – Bulls, 15yrs pro, 35y/o
Kevin Garnett, PF – Celtics, 18yrs pro, 37y/o
Grant Hill, SF – Clippers, 19yrs pro, 40y/o
Raja Bell, SG – Jazz, 14yrs pro, 36y/o
Jason Kidd, PG – Knicks, 19yrs pro, 40y/o
Kenyon Martin, PF – Knicks, 13yrs pro, 35y/o
Marcus Camby, C – Knicks, 17yrs pro, 39 y/o
Kurt Thomas, PF – Knicks, 18yrs pro, 40y/o
Derek Fisher, PG – Mavericks, 17yrs pro, 38y/o

NBA Coaches:

George Karl – 26 years as a Coach

NBA Hall of Fame Inductees 2013:

Jason Kidd
Kevin Garnett
Attached Images
File Type: png nba playoffs.png (31.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: png west conf playoffs.png (43.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: png east conf playoff.png (39.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png the final.png (21.8 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-16-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #8
Rookie

tlowe77's Arena

Chapter III – The Start of Something New

Monday 10th of June 2013

NBA Lottery Countdown Day 2013 - 9:11am

Rick: “Big, Big, BIG day. I’m so nervous I can’t stop shaking.”

Dan: “Stop it you’re going to get me started in a minute; I want that Number 1 pick just as bad as you!”

Phone starts to ring…

Rick: “Mike how are you? Get much sleep last night?”

Dan: “What’s he saying? What did I do?

Dan was a bloody good coach, he never seemed nervous around his players or when games were in the balance and when i seen him win the title in Australia all those years back. But when it came to his job and Mike he was a wreck sometimes, he still walked on eye shells around him because he was scared he would be sacked if he spoke the wrong way to Mike or something stupid like that. It all came down to that this was his dream and he didn't want to lose that dream.

Rick: “That your fired!”

Dan: “What?!?! Fired!!!”

Rick: “Shhhh!!!”

Rick: “No worries Mike see you in the office at about 5pm tomorrow I have to go out to San Fran for a new fitness center opening straight after this so I’m there in the morning. I’ll talk to you after the draft anyway.”

Dan: “So am I fired or what?”

Rick: “Extra Large long black with 4 sugars thanks…. Oh Dan what do you want? You’re not fired, you just annoy the **** out of me whenever I’m on the phone. Your job is safe even if we don’t get the number 1 pick, which I have a feeling isn't going to happen.”

Dan: “Ok, Ok, it’s just a very tense time. I’ll have a Large Latte with 2 thanks.”

I walked over to the window looking out at the busy New York City streets. I always felt a sense of peacefulness in New York with all the noise, bright lights and tens of million people I could get lost in my thoughts.

Rick: “There has not been this kind of hype about a player since LeBron and Dan, I believe he will better than LeBron. Today is the day we will reminder when we are up on that stage holding the trophy within a few seasons. It all starts today.”

2013 Lottery Draft Countdown - 6:00pm

Welcome to the 2013 Lottery Draft Countdown live from New York City. Everyone is after that Number 1 pick in the draft that is being called The Carter. Will the bobcats come away with the goods and get the chance to add a Number 1 pick to go alongside Kidd-Gilchrist the number 2 from last year, or will the Suns and the Kings get a taste of having the first pick?. The countdown is coming up next!!

The Number 14 pick goes to the Rockets, Number 13 to the 76ers, Number 12 to the Mavs, Number 11 to the Blazers, Number 10 to the Raptors, Number 9 to the T’Wolves, Number 8 to the Pistons, Number 7 to the Kings – Sorry not this time Sacramento, the 6th pick of the draft belongs to the Wizards. Only 5 picks to go and the Hornets have slide right up the board, will they take out back to back Number 1 picks??

The 5th pick goes to the Cavs and the 4th pick will be the Magic’s. That only leaves the Bobcats, Suns and Hornets.

Rick:
“Dan we got this.”

Dan was almost shaking out of his sit, it was annoying the hell out of Rick.

The 3rd pick of the 2013 draft goes to the Phoenix Suns.

Rick: “Top 2 Dan, like I told you we got this.”

Dan: "How are you so sure?"

The 2
nd pick will belong to the… New Orleans Hornets

Dan: “YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!”

The Charlotte Bobcats will have the first selection of the 2013 NBA draft, hope you enjoyed the countdown see you all on draft day.

Last edited by tlowe77; 03-14-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: edited

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »