Home

Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

This is a discussion on Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Drummond or Monroe
Andre Drummond 3 100.00%
Greg Monroe 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

Preseason Trade Rumors

By Bill Simmons

August 24th, 2013

The offseason has pretty much wrapped up as teams are getting into training camp and preparing for there Preseason contests. This is always a time for excitement in the NBA, from now until opening night. This is when the preseason trading frenzy begins. Of course, The Celtics will be squarely involved with a lot of the happenings around the NBA. This will be an interesting time for the Pistons as well, led by new GM Moe Joseph, who are also involved in many rumors around the NBA as well. There are big names and big contracts that could very well be on the move.

Rajon Rondo

Current Team: Celtics
Position: Point guard
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 186
2012-2013 Season Stats: 13.7 PPG, 11.1 APG, suffered season ending torn ACL injury

Rajon Rondo is a bona fide superstar in the NBA now. He is one of the top 5 point guards in the NBA, and makes any team he plays on better. The only problem is, the Celtics team he is currently a part of, is a bad team, and this is the year to be bad, with guys like Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Julius Randle, among others, in the draft who look to be great players. With Rondo in Boston, it is likely that the Celtics would still be too good to get the number one pick. It has been rumored that they want to trade him and tank this season, even if Danny Ainge has tried to deny it. Teams like the Pacers, Pistons, Mavs, and Rockets have all made offers for the superstar floor general. He is likely to be a hot target this preseason and a deal could get done before the season begins.

Projected Trade: Mavs Rondo, and Kris Humphries or Gerald Wallace for a slew of expiring contracts and picks

Ben Gordon

Current Team: Bobcats
Position: Shooting Guard
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200
2012-2013 Season Stats: 20.8 MPG, 11.2 PPG

Ben Gordon is a player that has been involved in trade rumors for the better part of a season now and through the offseason. I expect him to be traded by the deadline if not sooner. he hasn't fit in well with the team and it would be hard to believe if he is still in a Bobcats' uniform at the end of the season.

Projected Trade: Rockets Gordon, and Ramon Sessions for Lin in a cap dump for the rockets that gives them a sixth man and a solid but unspectacular point guard.

Brandon Jennings

Current Team: Bucks
Position: Point Guard
Height:6'1"
Weight: 169
2012-2013 Season Stats: 17.5 PPG, 6.5 APG

Brandon Jennings has already expresses that he doesn't want to be in Milwaukee an more than one occasion. He is also not really a good fit with this team as I don't think there is enough basketballs to shoot for him and shooting guard OJ Mayo. He will likely be dealt at the deadline, but he could be dealt sooner if a team bites.

Projected Trade: NoneStays with Bucks for the preseason.

Other potential trade targets:
Greg Monroe, Josh Smith, Andre Drummond
Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer
Danny Granger
Anderson Varejao
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Jeff Teague
Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Knight
anyone on the Suns not named alex len, Eric Bledsoe, or Archie Goodwin
David Lee
Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes
Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Celtics Working on Finalizing Deal to Move Rondo

By Kevin O'Connor

August 29th, 2013

The Boston Celtics are reportedly deep in discussions on a deal to move Rajon Rondo. This news comes as a shock to very few because it has been rumored that teams have been interested in Rondo since the deal that moved Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Brooklyn Nets. According to various sources around the league, there are just three teams left in the hunt for Rajon Rondo. I am going to go into the possible trade scenarios for each team.

Houston Rockets

The Houston Rockets are a team that is looking to build a team that will have a shot at winning it all, and Jeremy Lin does not appear to be 'the guy' at point guard who can lead them to a championship. Rajon Rondo already has a ring on his finger, and has been one of the best postseason performers in the league the last few season that he has been healthy. The Celtics appear to be going nowhere fast as they have traded away Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, leaving them with a roster that is not built to win. With the acquisition of Dwight Howard in Houston, the Rockets are. Rondo is a good fit with the Rockets, as he is known to make big men (Dwight Howard) better, and is one of the best if not the best passer in the league, so he could definitely improve the offensive games of guys like James Harden and Chandler Parsons. He is the missing piece to there title contender, or at least, that would be what you would think if he goes to Houston. Omer Asik is also expendable for the Rockets because of Howard.

TRADE: Houston sends Omer Asik, 2014 first rounder, 2015 first rounder, to the Celtics for Rajon Rondo

Likelihood: Moderately likely

Dallas Mavericks

This is a less likely, but much more interesting scenario for the Celtics. The Celtics worked out Now-Mavericks Point Guard Shane Larkin before the 2013 draft and liked what they saw out of him. They also are looking to open up cap space by unloading bad contracts along with Rondo. The deal that is being proposed is Rondo and Gerald Wallace to the Mavs for some picks, Larkin, and expiring contracts. THe question then becomes, what contracts, and can the Mavs afford it? The answer is yes, but not with a very good deal. They would give up Shawn Marion, Shane Larkin, and a couple of first rounders. While that does put them under the cap, it only barely does, and the deal isn't too enticing for the celtics. We essentially give up our star point guard for a prospect, and expiring contract, and likely low-end first round choices. Its not a great deal. But with the Celtics liking to Larkin, and the attractiveness of getting Wallace off the books, it is possible.

TRADE: Rondo, and Wallace for Marion, Larkin, and a 2014 and 2015 first round draft choice.

Likelihood: Unlikely

Detroit Pistons

This is the most likely scenario. The Celtics can get the most young assets from this team and still dump cap on them. The headliner of this deal for the Pistons is a young big man who could develop into the face of the franchise in Boston. That is either Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond. Both have all-star potential, or maybe even more depending on who you ask, so they could become the next great celtics. We could also take in expiring deals, such as Charlie Villanueva and Rodney Stuckey's, to make it work for the cap and allow us to get rid of Gerald Wallace's contract. The Pistons are really looking to make a deal for Rondo, who could make this team a title contender in a year or two. Also, Josh Smith would then be able to slide into the four spot and play alongside Rondo, who have a history of being good friends since high school when they played basketball together.

TRADE: Rondo, and Wallace for Greg Monroe/Andre Drummond, Charlie Villanueva, and Rodney Stuckey

Likelihood: Very Likely
Old 07-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Fan Poll Time:

Who stays, who goes, Part I:

Andre Drummond

OR

Greg Monroe

I'm having trouble deciding as I am planning on trading one of them (whether it be for Rondo or someone else, we'll see) and I would like to see who you guys would like to see stay in a pistons uniform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

I vote Drummond stays. I like his game (though he has some serious flaws, I'm taking him, his potential, and rookie deal over Monroe and his likely large contract extension).

Rondo to Drummond Pick and Roll? Count me in.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I vote Drummond stays. I like his game (though he has some serious flaws, I'm taking him, his potential, and rookie deal over Monroe and his likely large contract extension).

Rondo to Drummond Pick and Roll? Count me in.
I suppose the contract is an issue. I just am a really big fan of Monroe. I don't know, I've been debating it and changing my mind constantly over last couple hours. And there is (while very small) a chance that Rondo doesn't end up a Piston, I have some other feeler-offers out there in my head that could be very interesting as well. All things considered, however, its almost certain that Rondo will be here. Simply because he will be traded, and we're the only team who can realistically make a good offer.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
Rookie

spectro's Arena

trade monroe
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 14

Keep Drummond, no question about it. Drummond has a lot of potential and as mentioned above, that rookie deal is always nice. It's too bad that you can't keep both but if parting with Monroe gets you Rondo then it would be crazy not to do it. Rondo on the Pistons is a really cool concept!

I look forward to seeing how this plays out! I love the idea to poll your followers too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/3...ncy/in/4247631

Jennings traded to Pistons for Knight, Middleton, and some scrub. Joe Dumars strikes again ... what in the hell is Milwaukee doing? Knight and Mayo in the same backcourt?

Jennings/Ellis 2.0. Bucks could be the worst run franchise this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »