Home

Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

This is a discussion on Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Drummond or Monroe
Andre Drummond 3 100.00%
Greg Monroe 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/3...ncy/in/4247631

Jennings traded to Pistons for Knight, Middleton, and some scrub. Joe Dumars strikes again ... what in the hell is Milwaukee doing? Knight and Mayo in the same backcourt?

Jennings/Ellis 2.0. Bucks could be the worst run franchise this season.
LOL yeah I heard about that. For all intensive purposes, David Stern rescinded the deal in the alternate reality that is my association ok. I want knight. And after that failed attempt it was the last straw and the owner decided he was through with Dumars, and fired him, leading Moe to get hired afterward. I almost thought about doing Milwaukee (one of the top ten teams that didn't make my top 5, along with Dallas, Toronto, Orlando, LA, and Philly) for this but I decided that they didn't offer enough for me, I don't really like Jenning (would have traded him), Mayo is meh, SF is atrocious and I'm not taking a chance on throwng Giannis in to early, I like Henson, a sole bright spot, Ersan is again, Meh, and the Block Party Larry Sanders doesn't offer much on offense (a lesser Andre Drummond essentially). It's a poorly put together roster, that is years away from winning due to their unattractiveness to potential free agent targets. Unless they luck out and get a top 3 pick so they can get Wiggins/Parker/any of the other studs in the class at the top. Anywho, that's my answer, the dynasty is uninterrupted by the trade.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

In a uninamous decision of 3 to 0, Drummond has been voted to stay in Detroit while Monroe is set to leave I guess.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #19
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

I wasn't saying you should trade for Jennings-Eff that man, real life NBA is dumber than Video Game NBA a lot of times (see, Dumars, Joe). I support Rondo. Love Rondo. Hell, if I could get him for my Lakers, I would, BUT no way the Celtics trade with them. I can't recall a time they did something like that.

Anyways, Monroe, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI6gZxLnwdw
Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

By Marc Stein|ESPN.com

August 31st, 2013

Rondo Traded to Detroit in Multi-Player Deal

The Celtics have made the blockbuster trade of the preseason by shipping superstar point guard Rajon Rondo to the Motor City. This trade has major implications around the NBA and also is the first major move made by Detroit's new General Manager, Moe Joseph. The trade is like this:

Celtics Acquire:
-Greg Monroe, the young all-star caliber big with a great offensive game and good potential
-combo guard Rodney Stuckey, who will be set to play the two guard in Boston, whether it be off the bench or in the starting lineup.
-Expiring contract Charlie Villanueva, who is a stretch four
-the Pistons 2015 first round draft choice.

Pistons Acquire:
-Superstar Floor General Rajon Rondo
-SF Gerald Wallace
-the Celtics 2019 first round draft choice
-the right to swap first round picks with the celtic once in any year from 2016-2018

The deal is a win-win for both teams. The Celtics are in full rebuild mode and are trying to gut their roster and tank for the star-studded 2014 NBA draft. Rondo alone could likely keep this team afloat for 35-40 wins and that would put them out of the high lottery conversation. with the loss of Rondo, they were also able to ship out Gerald Wallace, who has a bad contract, so that they can have more cap flexibility next offseason. In return they got a young stud big man who can play the 4 or the 5, and two expiring contracts to can be valuable in the rotation, and get off the Celitc's books for next offseason. The Pistons are trying to put together a Roster that can compete, and doesn't have a true point guard, rondo might be the 'truest' point guard there is in the NBA, and is one of if not the best. He gets to join long-time friend and new addition to the Pistons Josh Smith to help form a playoff roster. They also get Gerald Wallace. He may have a bad contract, but they have the cap space to afford it, at least for a couple seasons, and he is a glue guy who can play great defense and help the team on that end of the floor. The Pistons are setting up to be a top flight defensive unit, with guys like Drummond, Rondo, Smith and Wallace all being plus defenders. The move leaves them with a starting lineup of Rondo, Brandon Knight, Wallace, Smith, and Drummond. The floor spacing may still be an issue for this club, but it will be compensated for by stingy defense, excellent passing and rebounding, and a great fast break game with athleticism across the board. The real X-factor off the bench will be Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, the first round draft choice of the Pistons this offseason. He is a sweet shooting two guard with great length and athleticism who has good potential, and can score in bunches off the bench. if he can be subbed in and help space the floor in three-guard lineups or with Knight at the one, this team should be fine offensively. The bench depth still isn't there yet, but signs are pointing to that changing soon, as the Pistons have been rumored to be looking at some more free agents to sign before the preseason.

This also has ripple-effects around the NBA, as the two teams that lost out in the running for Rondo, Houston and Dallas, still are looking to make deals to find their respective point guards. There are plenty of players available on the trade market, guys like Brandon Jennings (who almost got traded to Detroit for Brandon Knight but the deal got shot down by Stern), Goran Dragic, or Jeff Teague. Also, its been made clear the Houston is actively shopping Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. Look for a domino effect around the NBA now that Rondo is locked up in his new home.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #21
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

By Sean_Corp

September 3rd, 2013

Pistons Sign Tracy McGrady to a 1 year Deal

The Detroit Pistons have announced that they will be signing wing Tracy McGrady after waiving Kyle Singler to add to the depth that they have. He is expected to be a role player behind Gerald Wallace. This is McGrady's second stint in Detroit, after spending one season there in the 2010-2011 season. He won't be expected to do all that much, but he does need ot be a solid scorer off the bench. the deal is a one year contract worth $1.4 million and includes a no-trade clause. This is a good signing for the Pistons as they had little depth at the three other than project players like Gigi Datome and Tony Mitchell. They still lack depth and size in the front court behind Josh Smith and Andre Drummond, and they have another roster spot available, so they may look to fill that spot with a big man who can play the 4 or the 5.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 07-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #22
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

YES. The return of T-MAC! Oh, man, I miss him. I want to do a classic franchise one day, with classic rosters, with T-Mac in his prime ... see if I can take him to some championships.

Nicely done on the trade and the signing here. Major ups.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #23
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
YES. The return of T-MAC! Oh, man, I miss him. I want to do a classic franchise one day, with classic rosters, with T-Mac in his prime ... see if I can take him to some championships.

Nicely done on the trade and the signing here. Major ups.
Thanks. I am a big mcgrady fan too. I still have another bench signing coming up and im there is a certain free agent that I like but i don't think I will get to sign. The free agency pool is deep and has plenty of interesting guys.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

By Sean_Corp

September 4th, 2013

An Early Look at the Pistons 2014 Draft

This year's class is shaping up to be a very good one, perhaps even better than last years. It is flooded with star talent and also has a solid amount of depth. The Pistons this year are looking to make a deep playoff run with the trade for Rondo and signing of Josh Smith. Moe Joseph has done an outstanding job this assembling the roster and building a winner in what feels like overnight. There are still a fair amount of questions on the roster that he will have to attend to as well, and the draft could be the place he looks to remedy those problems. There are a few prospects that we could look to bring in to address our needs.

Small Forward

Small Forward is a key position of need for us this offseason, as our only options right now are aging players like Gerald Wallace and Tracy McGrady, and unproven raw prospects like Gigi Datome and Tony Mitchell. Expect us to be looking at a player in the middle of the first round who can fill this need.

A player like SF Glenn Robinson III from Michigan could be an option. He has an Andre Iguodala-like frame and is also an outstanding defender. He can space the floor pretty well, not quite as well as his former michigan teammate Tim Hardaway Jr, but he can still hit an open jump shot and can be trusted to take one, more than what you can say for Gerald Wallace. He is also a young player, he will be just 19 at the beginning of next season, he has plenty of room to grow and I like him

Another option for us would be combo-forward Noah Vonleh, a freshman at the University of Indiana that is expected to leave after his freshmen year. he is reminiscent of a poor-mans Kevin Durant. He can score, rebound, and definitely space the floor as well as anyone in the Draft. He would fit in nicely with this team because one of our key flaws is floor spacing and offensive production. Those are the two things he does best. He would be an interesting option in the first round.

Our last option is to wait until the second and take a chance on junior LeBryan Nash, an athlete prospect who has been inconsistent but shown a lot of potential in his college career. He is another prospect who would be an interesting pick for us. The only problem is I don't see him as any better than our current prospects, and is very similar to Tony Mitchell. Nash is a last resort if Vonleh and Robinson are unavailable in the first round.

Stretch Power Forward
Jonas Jerebko is set to be a free agent after this season and a floor-stretching power forward will be a must with him and recently traded Charlie Villanueva out of town. The premier floor stretching 4-man in the draft is Isaiah Austin, but he will likely be taken by the time we are drafting.

The combo forward from UNC James McAdoo would be a good option for us. He is an athletic, face-up power forward who can play the three as well. He is a good player who can develop into a solid stretch for as he continues to perfect his jump-shot. I like his game and would expect him to be a prospect that are team is interested in come draft night.

Center

The last position that we could use help in is at the center position. Right now the only depth we have behind young stud center Andre Drummond is Viacheslav Kravtsov, who is not a very good center. Loo for us to spend a second round draft choice next draft on a center and pair him with a free agent signing.

The player that interests me the most is Michigan prospect Mitch McGary. He is a traditional big man with real talent. I like his game a lot, and I think he is an interesting second-round prospect. He is a great rebounder, solid, but raw, inside scorer, and a good strong low-post defender. He compares favorably to last year's second round pick Colton Iverson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »