Home

Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

This is a discussion on Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Drummond or Monroe
Andre Drummond 3 100.00%
Greg Monroe 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

I'm starting a new association here on OS where I will be controlling the Detroit Pistons, a team that is in a city in dire need of something to be happy about. The city has had trouble of late with economic problems, and a lack of a consistent winner in sports. I hope to bring the winning culture back, and revive a city on the brink, its time, to bring back the Motown Mojo.

This will be a Franchise where I control one team but when I need to make adjustments I will swap control to another team and make changes. Essentially, this allows me to have the speed and convenience of a 1 teamer while still having the control of a 30 team association. Obviously I will still have a full season. team chemistry is on, player roles is on, progressive fatigue on, trade deadline on, trade override on so I can control the trades around the league and no CPU trades. I will have preseason games, Injuries on, normal playoff length, quarter length and sim quarter length are both 12 minutes. I still need a slider set but I'm using VTCRB's draft class for 2014 and 2015. I'm using an offseason roster set I found on 2k Share, and it has been updated as of 7/26/13, and I will update it further once I get in.

Now without further ado, I will begin my NBA 2k13 Detroit Pistons Association!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Re: Bringing Back Motown's Mojo: A Detroit Piston's NBA 2k13 association

Joe Dumars on the outs as GM, who's next for Pistons?

By Sean_Corp

August 15th, 2013

It has been announced today the Joe Dumars, former guard of the late 80s Pistons squad that one two NBA titles and gave even Michael Jordan fits, is stepping down as the GM of the Pistons. It is being reported as a "mutual decision" to part ways. While Dumars' stay as GM hasn't been without its bumps in the road, I am one of the few advocates of what he did, but I guess I understand the move. Now this begs the question as to who is next in line for the GM position. It has been thrown around that Phil Jackson could make a comeback as an exec in the NBA, but the prospects of him coming to the Pistons is wishful thinking to say the least. To be quite honest, nobody really knows where the pistons are headed next. More news will be reported as it is received.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Pistons to name GM by the End of the Week

By Sean_Corp

August 17th, 2013

There is a major question mark as to who the Pistons will bring in to lead their organization. It is reported by Stephen A. Smith via twitter that the team plans on naming the GM by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @stephenasmith
The @PistonsNBA are planning on naming their General Manager by the end of this week, per my sources.
It is still a mystery as to who they plan on naming the GM, but at least we know that we won't have to wait long. It is a questionable decision to move on from Dumars, who left rather mysteriously, after all of the offseason moves that have been made. The new GM will enter an intriguing situation, with a young team that has some talented pieces, but need to find a way to figure out who fits where.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 07-28-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Following, good so far.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Pistons Officially Name Moe Joesph GM

By Sean_Corp

August 22nd, 2013

The Pistons made a bold move today introducing new general manager Moe Joseph. He has no known NBA background or college basketball background. What we do know about him is that he has an MBA from The University of Michigan, and grew up right here in Detroit. He worked two jobs out of college, one was a regular office job, and the other he ran a website that he used as an outlet for his scouting for the NBA draft. The question is, where does he go with this team, which has a lot of question marks this season?

Bringing in his own staff

One of the first things organiztions typically do when they bring in a new GM is allow him to clean house and bring in his own staff, from minor scouts all the way up to the Head Coach. It will be interesting to see who he will bring in to build is front office and coaching staff. I would expect him to bring someone who has been in the NBA for a while on as an assistant GM to help him learn the trade.

Building a Winner

Detroit is a city that is really in need of a winner. And the Pistons have the potential to do that if they make the right moves. There will be a lot of pressure on Joseph this season and in the 2014 offseason to perform, and bring in the right players to help us compete like we did in the early 2000s and in the late '80s. Right now we have a lot of talent but need to find roles for all of it. He will need to work with the Head coach to figure that one out.

Who's On Their Way Out?

Obviously there are some players that are rumored to be moved this season, and making smart trades involving them will be key. Many think that we will trade one of our guards, Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey, and one of our bigs, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, to make room for Josh Smith and the remaining guard. There will likely be a blockbuster trade this deadline for Detroit, although it could come as soon as preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

And so it begins ... who stays and who goes?

Looking forward to more.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
And so it begins ... who stays and who goes?

Looking forward to more.
Oh yes, expect a big preseason move to happen early, whether it be by my team or another, we shall soon see
Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

Following!

Detroit is a solid team with a lot of young talent. They have a lot of potential going forward, and definitely have the capability of being a playoff team. Drummond is a beast in my association. It is impossible to keep him off the glass. Once he develops his offensive game a little bit then he could be a stud. I really like Greg Monroe's game too.

I am interested to see how your season goes! Can't wait for updates!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »