Home

The Relocation Association

This is a discussion on The Relocation Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Relocation Association

Temporary arena announced, Knicks are headed to Brooklyn

The Knicks have announced today that they are temporarily staying in the Barclays center, effective in the 2015-2016 season. Today, the arena had "Hello Knicks" advertisements plastered over the electronic boards of the stadium.

Mike Woodson and the Knicks GM were at a press conference today, speaking about the move.

"Well you know, me and the GM have talked about it for awhile, along with Mr.Dolan, the owner of the team... And we thought that we should be easily accessible to current Knicks fans who come to see us play at the Garden. It's only a train ride or drive over the bridge away to the Barclays Center and we will love staying here for the time being until we get a new arena as a permanent home.

The Knicks GM also had a few words for us.

"I love Brooklyn. I was raised here, and it's just a beautiful town. The people are great, the city is great, and most of all, the fans are great. And a lot of the fans here in Brooklyn were fans of us first, if not fans of both teams. Now, like the Lakers and Clippers were, we are coming together in one arena and having one total fan base. I am proud to also announce that I am becoming assistant GM of the Brooklyn Nets, further cementing the Knicks and Nets relationship as a friendly one outside of the court, but a fierce one on the court."

The Knicks will have to stay at Barclays until they find a new arena. MSG was forced to move due to New York voting on renovations to Penn Station, which was below MSG. The renovations will take a total of ten years. This leaves the possibility of the Knicks making a Manhattan return in 2025.

Reporter: "Hey, Deron. What do you think of the Knicks moving to Brooklyn?"

Deron: "Hey, it's cool, as long as they don't go inside my locker."

Reporter: "Whats in your locker that's so important?"

Deron: "Nothing, man. Forget I said that."

Reporter: "Umm...alright. Why do you think they chose Brooklyn over Long Island and New Jersey?"

Deron: "Why do you think the Nets moved from those two places? They suck."

Reporter: "Deron, you weren't around when the Nets were in Long Island."

Deron: "I'm making millions off this franchise, I gotta know the history. So I don't give a ****."

Reporter: "You know you're on TV, right?"

Deron: "So?"

Reporter: "Alright, we're done here."

Iman did say in his interview they were taking the L.A. route, and he was right. Knicks, welcome to Brooklyn.

Last edited by Crystar500; 08-01-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #10
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
Lol I about died laughing reading the Shumpert interview, like anyone would say that to a reporter, I sense that David Stern might not be too happy with those references and may dish out a fine Iol. Coach Woodson rhyming was pretty funny too

You have a talent for making me laugh while reading your interviews, it is definitely a fun addition to your association, Keep it up! Good luck fighting thru all of the injuries to try to get some wins while J-Smoove is out
Thanks a lot, man. I'll try, but injuries are not something I can control, haha. I appreciate it when people post their thoughts because it makes me know I'm doing good.

And I try to find ways to keep it fresh, which I've had trouble doing with associations in the past.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #11
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Five Game Streak, Return of J-Smoove and Superstitions?

After beating the Raptors on January 7th 97-93 the Knicks cruised past to beat the Sonics on January 9th, 87-108.

They then lost to the Spurs on January 11th, 97-91.

That only sparked a fire inside the Knicks' spirits.

They had beaten five teams in A ROW.

The Heat:

Score: 109-111
The Pelicans:

Final Score: 95-112
The Bulls:

Final Score: 89-92

The Hornets:

Final Score: 104-98
And the Pacers:

Final Score: 119-86

And to top off the Knicks great streak, Josh Smith announced on January 23rd that he will be returning on Saturday's game against the Cavaliers.

The Knicks are being, erm... superstitious. Some believe that since the signing of Troy Murphy as a replacement for Byron Mullens, the Knicks have been better, losing only one game since the signing.

Troy Murphy was signed on January 6th on a 1 year, $570,000 contract.

When asked why Murphy was chosen over other free agent Power Forwards, Mike Woodson responded;

"Well, Troy is a guy who can really spread the floor for us. With him and Josh on the floor, we can really knock it down from long range. So, I can put Curry, Matthew, Iman, Troy and Josh on the floor and soon we're draining threes left and right. Then I can be versatile against teams who don't have good big men inside, like the Heat. I can send Greg and Troy in there to score that way. Yi can do that too."

In the Heat game, Stephen Curry had some words with LeBron in the 4th quarter. He had drained a shot with ten seconds left in the quarter bringing the Knicks to 111 points, and then said to LeBron,

"Not so tough without your pet dinosaur, are you?"

He said and pointed to Chris Bosh, who was on the bench. Curry received no type of punishment for this.

Shumpert was fined $2,000 by the league for comments he made in an interview, while Matthew Oakley was fined $100.

Coincidentally, the Knicks were exploring ways they could attain Chris Bosh, but no deals were interesting enough on the Heat's end.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Sorry guys. All signs point to me shutting this down. My save file is corrupted and now I can't play any games. I end up with a black screen every time I try. My last report was simulated games, honestly. I have started another Association, which I am sure you will enjoy.

Thanks for reading, though! I really apprecicate your support.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 10

Aww.. Sad you can't continue this ):

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »