Home

The Relocation Association

This is a discussion on The Relocation Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0
The Relocation Association

This my new Association. This association will end when every current NBA Player has retired. So, technically, the youngest player, Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist would have to retire.

But that's not all to this association. Many teams have moved due to small markets, bad venue, or other reasons. Two teams have also rebranded. Below are the new divisions.

I am playing as the New York Knicks and I'm using bedwardsroy19's roster on PS3. This is an offline Association. I have all settings on except for Player Roles and Trade Override.

The Playoffs is the same as normal, along with the simmed quarters, Played games have 12 minute quarters.

Spoiler

League Awards

NBA Champions

Spoiler

League MVP Awards

Spoiler

Rookies of the Year

Spoiler

Sixth Man of the Year

Spoiler

Most Improved Player

Spoiler

Defensive Player of the Year

Spoiler

Coach of the Year

Spoiler

Hall of Fame

Spoiler

I'll add to this as I can. The All-NBA teams are coming soon.

Last edited by Crystar500; 07-29-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Re: The Relocation Association

Why Teams Have Relocated

The Sacramento Kings are now the Seattle SuperSonics.
Why: The deal actually went through that brang the Kings to Seattle. The team was soon renamed the SuperSonics.

"Sometimes a rebuilding team needs to have a change in order to start going into the right direction."

- Isaiah Thomas, Seattle SuperSonics Point Guard

This comment seems to make sense, as the Sonics have made the playoffs both seasons after their move.

The Los Angeles Clippers are now The Las Vegas Dynasty.
Why: In a similar fashion to the Sonics leaving Seattle for Oklahoma City, the Clippers moved to Vegas. In David Stern's words,

"The Los Angeles Clippers are unfortunately moving to the rich market of Las Vegas. Las Vegas is much deserving of an NBA franchise and after the All Star game presented here, we see that there are very enthusiastic basketball fans in the city of Las Vegas."

The news surprised the whole league. Kobe Bryant commented on the issue:

"Well, you know, we won't have to prove who's the best in L.A. anymore. We were always on top, though." He laughed. "Nah, all jokes aside, I wish Chris[Paul] and Blake[Griffin] and the rest of them the best."

Chris Paul himself was asked about it as well ;

"Uh.. it's not really setting in with me as of yet. It's a real surprise, man." He took a few moments of silence. "But, uh.. the fans here in L.A. were great, I really took a liking to this city. At the end of the day, I'm hunting for that ring. Whether that's in L.A. or Vegas, it doesn't matter to me. We'll go over to Vegas and give them our support and they'll (hopefully) show support for us."

The Minnesota Timberwolves are now the Virginia Beach Sky.
Why: The Timberwolves were on the brink of moving. A buyer was only bound to come around sooner or later. After Virginia Beach fell out of talks to bring the Kings there, they went after the Timberwolves. After a successful agreement by the NBA, the Timberwolves moved to the Eastern Conference, settling in Virginia Beach.

Reporter: "Kevin, what do you think of the new team name?"

Kevin Love: He tried not to laugh. "We share the name with a WNBA team, but yeah whatever, I think it's ok. Virginia Beach has some nice views of the sky, so that's where it came from I guess." He smiled.

Reporter: "Are you gonna miss Minnesota?"

KL: "Oh yeah, definitely. But the team has to do what's best for it and Virginia Beach was just that.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

The 14'-15' New York Knicks

With Carmelo Anthony leaving and signing with Pheonix, the Knicks must progress with their current talent for this season, hopefully gaining LeBron James or another star player in the upcoming free agent class.

PGs:

Stephen Curry, 87+2
Matthew Oakley, 82+2 Attained by trading for a draft pick in the 12'-13' season. Was the 3rd pick in the draft.
Andre Miller, 65+2

SGs:

Lance Stephenson, 72+1 (Hometown Hero!)
Brandon Rush 73 (Currently injured with knee tendinitis, day to day)

SFs:

Iman Shumpert, 81+2
Sean Parker 57+2 (Sophmore)

PFs:

Josh Smith, 84 (Currently has a Sore Knee, 2-4 weeks)
Byron Mullens, 73+1
JaJuan Johnson, 70+2
Jeremy Tyler, 66+1

Cs:

Greg Oden, 75+1 (Rebuilding his career)
Yi Jianlian, 73+1 (Turning him into next Yao Ming)
Josh Harrellson, 60+2 (Rookie for the Knicks in 2011, but was not kept in 12'-13'. Can shoot threes, which I like.)

The Knicks are planning to make another run in the playoffs this year. Last year in the 13'-14' offseason, the Knicks were swept by the Sixers in the Conference Finals. This was primarily due to the loss of Josh Smith to injury. He was not 100%, but still attempted to play. (Rating was 76)

Old 07-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Curry must carry Team as Knicks face Sky, Smith still out

"We just gotta pull through man. In my opinion, Kevin Love is one of the best Power Forwards in the league and we gotta do our best to hold him."

Reporter: "Who's better at shooting threes?"

Curry: "Haha... what kind of question is that? The Knicks don't need to worry about the Sky, it's just Love that'll give us trouble."

Reporter: "Do you still talk to Carmelo?"

Curry: "Nope."

Reporter: "Why not?"

Curry: "He left the big three we were forming here in New York. Me, J Smoove and him. Shumpert takes his place, that's all. We'll make him pay when we see him again. Badly. I'll make sure of it. He don't pass the ball anyway. Haha."

We'll have to see as the Knicks have to lean on Curry and Shumpert until Josh Smith is 100% healthy. Vengeful words by Curry there. Hopefully he catches no fire for it.

Brandon Rush is questionable for the game against the Sky. Rush says he will return soon from his Knee Tendinitis. If not, Lance Stephenson will have to start over him.

Projected Lineup:
  • Point Guard - Stephen Curry
  • Shooting Guard - Lance Stephenson
  • Small Forward - Iman Shumpert
  • Power Forward - Byron Mullens
  • Center - Greg Oden
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 14

l love Steph Curry's interview! Storylines like that really add to an association! l would die laughing if l heard Steph Curry say that Carmelo doesn't pass in real life lol

Good work so far! l look forward to more interviews! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Very good so far, following.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

The Sky is where the luck is - Love sinks game winning 3 in Heartbreaking Loss

The Knicks faced a heartbreaking loss to the Sky last night, a final score of 86-89. It came down to the wire, Love draining the game winning three, his only attempt from long range for the night. The Knicks were disappointed, but most of them remained optimistic and gave respect to the Sky.

Sky Stats:

Derrick Williams scored 19 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, attaining a double-double.

Kevin Love scored 18 points. He was in double-double range, only needing one more rebound(9) to attain it. He sunk the game-winning three to prevent the game from going to overtime.

Knicks Numbers:

Matthew Oakley, currently in his Sophomore season, showed an absoultely stellar performance. He scored a career-high 30 points in the Knicks' loss.

Stephen Curry put up 14 points and dished out 11 assists. He went 2 for 5 from 3 point range.

Among the sad loss for the Knicks, Byron Mullens also fell to an injury, continuing their injury-riddled season. Mullens has a Torn MCL and will be out for the rest of the season as MRI scans have shown.

JaJuan Johnson is now, presumably, the starting Power Forward until Josh Smith makes a return. Coach Woodson also said starting Josh Harrellson at the 4 will help spread the floor a bit more. Nice rhyming, coach. We still think Coach Woodson used to be a rapper or poet.

We spoke to Iman Shumpert after the game, as the stellar sophomore, Matthew Oakley was busy and didn't stay for interviews.

Reporter: "Hey, Iman... Matthew said he has a girl waiting at the hotel for you. What's that about?"

Iman: "Haha.. Does she look good?"

Reporter: "I have no clue. He did say 5 stacks and she's yours."

Iman: "Ahh... Is the bank open?"

Reporter: "It's closed right now, Iman. It's pretty late."

Iman: "Yeah, but I don't got my money on me.."

Reporter: "Is Matthew a pimp or something?"

Iman: "Ya'll gotta ask him about that. Hahaha..."

Reporter: "Alright, new topic. The Garden is having renovations done. Where do you expect the Knicks to play?"

Iman: "Definitely not in the Prudential Center in New Jersey... but let's just say we're taking the L.A. route."

Reporter: "Alright, nice job not spoiling it for us, Iman. What are you going to do about Byron Mullens injury?"

Iman: "We just gotta take it a day at a time, man. Brandon is coming back, so that's good. Uh... once J Smoove comes back, we'll be making a push to get a higher spot in the playoffs. Right now, seventh seed is not good enough for our standards."

Reporter: "Anything else?"

Iman: "Yeah, Matthew is real, man. He just gets in a zone sometimes... it's crazy. Sometimes I think he smokes before the game, I don't know what he does..."

Reporter: "Thanks for your time, Iman."

Iman: "Yeah, alright."

In other Knicks news, Stephen Curry has just signed a 4 year contract extension with the Knicks. He is set to earn $12.11 million next season, with an increases the year after. The Knicks have only Curry, Shumpert, Oakley and Smith under contract at the moment.

Also, the Knicks were confirmed to be in trade talks with the Celtics for a deal that would put Landry Fields and Jason Terry in New York, sending Andre Miller, along with Sean Parker, to Boston. Trade talks were too aggressive on the Celtics end, and the deal fell apart.

The Knicks face the Raptors on Wednesday, and the Sonics on Friday.
We'll bring you coverage on the Raptors game.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

Lol I about died laughing reading the Shumpert interview, like anyone would say that to a reporter, I sense that David Stern might not be too happy with those references and may dish out a fine Iol. Coach Woodson rhyming was pretty funny too

You have a talent for making me laugh while reading your interviews, it is definitely a fun addition to your association, Keep it up! Good luck fighting thru all of the injuries to try to get some wins while J-Smoove is out

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »