Home

It Could Be Worse: A Washington Wizards Association

This is a discussion on It Could Be Worse: A Washington Wizards Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
It Could Be Worse: A Washington Wizards Association

Game: NBA 2K13
Sliders/Difficulty:
Season/Game Length: 82 Games, 12 Minutes Each
Playoffs: 7 Game Series
Real Draft Classes from 2K Share
Injuries and Trade Deadline On

Will play many games, probably not all.

Will try to replicate real life, but when you're playing NBA 2K13 and trying to replicate/recreate the real life offseason, there is only so much you can do. No absolutely crazy trades on my part, no stockpiling draft picks, etc. Realism matters.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Re: It Could Be Worse: A Washington Wizards Association

NBA MVPs:

NBA Defensive Player of the Year

NBA Rookie of the Year:

NBA Most Improved Player of the Year:

NBA Sixth Man of the Year:

NBA Coach of the Year:

NBA Finals Champion/Runner-Up/MVP

Notable Trades/Free Agent Signings:

Old 09-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Author's Note

What's up guys, Gronk here. For those of you that don't know, I'm currently running an Oakland Raiders dynasty for Madden 25. I will continue to focus on that, as football is my favorite sport, but I've gotten increasingly interested in basketball in the past year or so. I got NBA 2K12 for Christmas two years ago, and I was hooked. Then, I got NBA 2K13, loved it, and actually started watching real life basketball. I caught a few games this past regular season, but I managed to watch most of the Pacers/Heat playoffs series. I rooted for the Pacers, and was crushed when they lost.

I've tried doing basketball dynasties before; a Chicago Bulls one that never even got started. I had a Miami Heat dynasty going during the summer but gave up on it. However, based on the success of my Raiders dynasty, I figured I'd give it a try in basketball. I had no idea what team to do, as I don't really have a favorite team. I like the Pacers and Bulls, as they remind me of the Ravens; tough, defensive and old-school, even. However, someone else is doing a Pacers dynasty. I kind of like the Nets, as I'm in Jersey and the Nets were Jersey's team. Even though the team, I like the new Brooklyn Nets; flashy, and just...cool. I'm not really familiar with the Knicks, believe it or not. So, it was down to the Bulls, Nets and Wizards. I decided to choose the Wizards, as they were the Baltimore Bullets, and I'm a huge Ravens fan. Plus, the Wizards are a pretty good rebuilding project.

This dynasty will be on NBA 2K13. Though NBA 2K14 looks cool, I'm really not seeing much of a difference between current gen 2K13 and 2K14, and it doesn't look worth $60 (to me.) If that's a problem, simply close this tab. However, if you want to continue this journey with me, of learning basketball, read on, stay tuned, and thanks for following.

-Gronk

Old 09-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Following, will probably use pointers from your dynasty to help me with my Pistons one.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

What You Need to Know: The History of the Wizards

Home Town: Washington, DC

Owner:
General Manager:
Coach: Randy Wittman

Home Court
Name: Verizon Center
Opened: 1997
Seating Capacity: 20,173

Championships: 1978
Conference Titles: 1971, 1975, 1978, 1979
Division Titles: 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1979

The franchise was founded in 1961 as the Chicago Packers. A year later, they changed their name to the Zephyrs, before heading east and taking up residence in Baltimore.

In 1973, the team began playing home games in the Washington D.C. suburb of Landover, Maryland, and soon became known as the Washington Bullets. The team won its only NBA title in 1978, when Unseld and fellow hall-of-famer Elvin Hayes led the Bullets to an upset of the heavily-favored Seattle Supersonics.

In 1999, Michael Jordan became the Wizards' team president... and in 2001, he emerged from retirement and launched his second comeback -- at age 38. Even at his advanced (for a basketball player) age, Jordan was a force on the court, but his decisions as an executive were spotty at best -- most notably his decision to draft high-schooler Kwame Brown with the first overall selection in the 2001 NBA Draft. Jordan was fired after the 2002-03 season.

Flip Saunders reached an agreement to become the new coach of the team in mid-April, 2009. Despite having the second best chance at obtaining the number one overall pick in the 2009 draft, the Wizards were randomly chosen to pick fifth overall in the NBA Draft Lottery.This pick was later traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves, along with Songaila, Thomas, and Oleksiy Pecherov, in exchange for Randy Foye and Mike Miller.

Despite having only the 5th-best odds of obtaining the No. 1 pick (10.3% overall), the Wizards won the 2010 NBA Draft lottery and selected All-American Kentucky point guard John Wall with the first overall pick. Later in the offseason, the team acquired the Chicago Bulls' all-time leader in three-point field goals, Kirk Hinrich and the draft rights to forward Kevin Seraphin in exchange for the draft rights to Vladimir Veremeenko.

The Wizards' first season with their new look was an eventful one. After a poor start to the season, Head Coach, Flip Saunders was fired and Assistant Coach, Randy Wittman, was appointed as the new head coach. On March 15, the Wizards were involved in a three way trade that sent JaVale McGee and Ronny Turiaf to the Nuggets and Nick Young to the Clippers in exchange for Nenę and Brian Cook.

After ending the season on a six game win streak, the Wizards finished with a record of 20-46 (season was shortened due to the 2011 NBA Lockout) and the second worst record in the NBA, comfortably ahead of the 7-59 Charlotte Bobcats who set a new NBA record for the lowest win percentage in a season with .106.

The Wizards sent Rashard Lewis and a pick to the Hornets for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza.

In the 2012 NBA Draft The Wizards selected Bradley Beal and Tomáš Satoranský.

(Sources: About.com and Wikipedia)

2012:

The Wizards finished 2012 29-53, with a .354 winning percentage, third in the Southeast division behind the Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks. This was enough to give the Wizards the 12th seed in the Eastern Conference, not enough for the playoffs. Third overall draft pick Bradley Beal finished third in Rookie of the year voting, and earned a spot on the All Rookie First Team.The team as a whole struggled with injuries, playing without John Wall, Nene and Beal for stretches of time. When he returned from injury, John Wall played like a true superstar. Martell Webster overplayed his salary, as a valuable contributor off the bench.

The Wizards look to be a lottery team for the near future, but could surprise in the Eastern Conference.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

2013 Wizards Offseason, Draft and Free Agency; Previewing 2014

[will edit after I actually do the offseason in the game]

Thanks Newscaster, I'll follow yours as well.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

My bad on interrupting the reserve posts
Old 09-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

The 2013 Offseason:

[I tried to replicate the actual offseason, and did pretty well. Some teams didn't have enough cap room to sign the players in the game (Chris Paul and the Clippers, for example, so I signed some of the guys to teams they didn't actually go to. Chris Paul went to the Jazz. I also succeeded pretty well in replicating the draft.]

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »