Home

Sacramento Kings: The Kings of Basketball

This is a discussion on Sacramento Kings: The Kings of Basketball within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sacramento Kings: The Kings of Basketball

Sacramento Kings Association

Number of Players: 1

Season Length: 29 Games
Team Chemistry: Off
Player Roles: On
Progressive Fatigue: Off
Trade Deadline: On
Trade Override: Off
Allow CPU Trades: On
Preseason Games: Off
Injuries: On
Quarter Length: 7 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 7 Minutes

I will be playing every single game myself and posting the results here

I plan to keep this association active and with frequent weekly updates

Current Roster:

Sacramento Kings Depth Chart - 2013
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGGreivis VasquezIsaiah Thomas
SGBen McLemoreLandry Fields
SFLuc Mbah a MouteMarcus ThorntonAustin DayeSteve Novak
PFCarl LandryJason ThompsonChuck Hayes
CDeMarcus CousinsMeyers Leonard

Last edited by SwooshTheHoop; 09-27-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sacramento Kings: The Kings of Basketball

Sacramento Times

Kings General Manager: “ALL IS NOT WELL HERE IN SACRAMENTO”

Sacramento Kings General Manager has officially stepped down and new General Manager, Shaquille O’Neal has stepped in to take over.

Shaquille O’Neal, 4x NBA champion, has stated “Expect a lot of changes in Sacramento.”

Fans are excited to see a new face in the front-office. Shaq quickly made his presence known in the league by firing all staff members apart of the Kings and signing new ones to compliment head coach Mike Malone.

“It’s time we started contending for a playoff spot. The staff built around these young guys was not suited to both Malone and me. I decided to clean the slate and bring in new faculty to help us succeed in the NBA."

Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Sacramento Times
SACRAMENTO MAKING MOVES
With the first trade this season, the Sacramento Kings successfully traded away John Salmons and Patrick Patterson for Austin Daye, Landry Fields, and Steve Novak. When asked about the trade, O’Neal responded: “It was a necessary trade for the Kings organization. First and foremost, we had no intentions of bringing back either Patrick Patterson or John Salmons. We thank them for everything they’ve done but we had no intentions of resigning them. Second, we needed off the bench scoring and that is exactly what these three can do for us.”
Old 09-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Sacramento Times
SACRAMENTO DESTROYS DALLAS MAVERICKS; 83-61

Player of the Game: DeMarcus Cousins 14pts, 11reb, 3ast
In impressive style, the Sacramento Kings have defeated the Dallas Mavericks. After taking a 15-point lead in the first quarter, the Kings put on a show: Dunking, shooting threes, and blocking shots. The Mavericks would come back in the second quarter to close the gap to 10 points but the Kings kept firing away and ended up taking a 20 point lead by half-time.

Notes:
  • Carl Landry was impressive offensively but was flat-footed defensively with only one rebound.
  • Ben McLemore made his NBA debut and did not disappoint with 9pts, 2reb, 3 assists. Sacramento Kings head coach, Mike Malone, announced: “McLemore will be our starting shooting guard from here on out.”

Last edited by SwooshTheHoop; 09-27-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

A Day in The Life of Shaquille O'Neal: General Manager of the Sacramento Kings

The crowed roared and screamed, "Here to stay! Here to stay!" as the Kings players piled out of the American Airlines arena in Dallas, TX.

Shaquille O'Neal stayed silent and followed his players into the dark tunnel underneath American Airlines. He was proud of his team. They came a long way tonight with a crucial first win.

As O'Neal and the players entered the locker-room, he gathered them together and towered over most of them. DeMarcus Cousins was the exception.

"Im proud of you guys. Tonight, you showed me what you are capable of and how far you can take this team. You should all be proud of yourselves. Now, I know all of you are concerned, worried, and maybe even a little bit excited about all of the coaching and staff changes that have been going on for the past few months." Shaq paused and took a deep breathe.

The players around him listened quietly, they were nervous about what was going to happen and whether or not they were going to be apart of the Sacramento Kings organization.

"I just want all of you to know that I have no intentions of dismantling and overhauling this roster. I plan to stick it out and grow with you guys. If you stick it out with me, I'll stick it out with you." Shaq let out a brief smile.

The players all shook their heads in agreement.

Except for the main guy on the team, DeMarcus Cousins. With the departure of Tyreke Evans, Cousins knew that the fate of the franchise was in his hands. Since he was on the last year of his rookie contract, a big payday awaited him. One question remained: Which team would give him that big payday?

"Thank you Mr. O'Neal." a faint voice came from below Shaq's waist.

"Oh, Isaiah!"

It was Isaiah Thomas, one of the shortest players in the league.

"It's a pleasure, Isaiah. And please, call me Shaq." Shaq chuckled and wrapped up the meeting

"Alright guys, get showered and get dressed. We're heading out to dinner tonight, it's on me."

Last edited by SwooshTheHoop; 09-27-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

A Day in The Life of Shaquille O'Neal: General Manager of the Sacramento Kings

Shaquille O'Neal

Shaq put on a suit and looked in the mirror. He was staring at the face of the new General Manager of the Sacramento Kings. He couldn't believe it. He went from being just a minority owner, to the General Manager. Was he ready to take on this great burden? He could carry a team to a championship, he's done it before. Could he do it now as a GM?

Although Shaq always had the spotlight on him, he was nervous for his first press conference. Every single major sports media site was going to be there: ESPN, Bleacher Report, CBS, etc

It was time. The backstage crew operator looked Shaq in the eyes and said: "Alright, you're up in 3...2...1...Go!"

Shaq entered the stage. Nobody applauded or talked as he took a stand at the podium in the center of the stage. Crickets could be heard. The reporters didn't know whether to be happy for Sacramento or disappointed. For the first time, Shaq was genuinely alone. He didn't have Kobe next to him or Charles Barkley or Ernie Johnson.

Before he could wrap his mind around what he was going to say, a reporter jumped in and bombarded him with a question:

Reporter One: "Hey Shaq. Looking good today big man (chuckles) Anyways, Tyreke Evans was traded during the off-season largely for point-guard Greivis Vasquez. Can you tell us how this team will cope with losing such a valuable asset?"

"Well.... Like you said, we got Vasquez. He's not particularly young anymore but that doesn't mean he doesn't help the team. In fact, he played a vital role in our victory against Dallas. We might have lost Evans, but we got someone who desires to be apart of the Kings organization. We did our research and it was time to do something different. Take a risk. We can't be doing much worse, right?"

Reporter Two: "Sacramento has been locked in for a lottery pick for quite some time now. Do you think you can change the King's fortunes?"

"We have the talent, definitely. However, that talent is nothing if we're not on the same page and all looking at the same goal. I think I can convince these guys to play at a high level and than we can see if we're ready to get a playoff spot."

Reporter Three: It was disputed whether Tyreke Evans or DeMarcus Cousins would lead the Kings. Now, the burden has fallen onto Cousins. How is he handling it?

"What do you mean how is he handling it? Well I guess, can't you ask a better question? Jeez. You know, why don't you just wait and see for our next game."

Shaq took a gulp of his water and stormed off the stage before a reporter could get in another word.

He knew he would make an impact on the city of Sacramento and in the NBA.

Last edited by SwooshTheHoop; 09-27-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Sacramento Times
SACRAMENTO TRADES JIMMER FREDETTE, RECEIVES MEYERS LEONARD
Meyers Leonard
The 7’1 Meyers Leonard has officially been acquired by the Sacramento Kings. Lacking size, the Kings decided to go with a young prospect who will be called upon most nights to cover for DeMarcus Cousins.

“It’s a great trade for both us and Jimmer. We got him to a championship caliber team and we got a much needed center,” General Manager Shaquille O’Neal commented when asked about the acquisition.

What do you guys think about this trade?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Sacramento Times
SACRAMENTO KINGS Lose 74-84 to Houston Rockets
Player of the Game: James Harden
28Pts, 2Ast, 3Reb

Finishing the first quarter with a one point lead, the Sacramento Kings looked competitive. However, that quickly changed as the Houston Rockets took a five point lead by halftime. “Terrible. Too many turnovers and weak defense lead to this loss. We need to regroup and start looking at our defensive assignments more vigilantly if we want to win next time,” Mike Malone emphasized after the game.
Ben McLemore led the team with a career high 18 points. DeMarcus Cousins had 14 points to go alongside 6 rebounds.
“Dwight Howard really limited my effectiveness to crash the boards and help my team defensively,” Cousins exclaimed.

Point Guard,Greivis Vasquez, was nowhere to be found on the court. He controlled the tempo of the game but failed to make an impact on both the defensive and offensive sides of the court.

Mbah a Moute played well, coming up with two steals and 8 points.

James Harden caught fire and was unstoppable for most of the third quarter leading to a blowout loss.

"Expect some upcoming changes, this was a disgrace to the Kings organization." O'Neal commented in the post game interview.

Last edited by SwooshTheHoop; 09-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »