Home

NBA Live GM Dynasty Team selection.

This is a discussion on NBA Live GM Dynasty Team selection. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which team should I choose?
Suns 2 13.33%
Kings 1 6.67%
Celtics 5 33.33%
Magic 3 20.00%
Bucks 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
NBA Live GM Dynasty Team selection.

Hi. I'm ready to begin (or at least get into the final stages of prep work for) my NBA Live 14 dynasty. Originally, I had my plan as to what team I was going to be and that team was the Phoenix Suns. But recently, I've become more indecisive about it. I have Narrowed it down to 5 teams, and, I'm going to allow you, the potential readers, to give me some feed back on the selection. This GM dynasty is going to go a little differently then most others in that at the beginning he won't be in his GM position yet. Also, it is based on a real person. I'm not going to reveal who. I will say he was a former High School basketball star who didn't pan out in college hoops. Anyway, the 5 teams I'm interested in are as follows:

Phoenix: Phoenix was my original pick because I like what they have to offer in terms of a base for what could be developed into a very good team. Bledsoe, Len and Goodwin all have high potential and couldbe quality players in the NBA, and I believe at least one can be my franchise centerpiece moving forward. It will be a fun rebuild as I clear space and clean house in hopes of bringing in my own supporting cast. Priority number 1 would be to get rid of Goran Dragic and Marcin Gortat and try to bring in a starting caliber 4-man.

Sacramento: This is my current favorite, especially with how it coincides well with the character, though Phoenix melds just as well. The drafting of Ben McLemore is a great X-factor for the team. He is a bona fide star in the making. I can definitely build around him early on. Hopefully, and as it has been done many a time in Dynasties here on OS, I will be able to get DeMarcus Cousins' head on straight.With those two to build around, I have the making of a budding franchise, if I can get freedom from ownership of course. The Owners (Sarver and Maloof) make Sacramento and Phoenix quite similar and Quite compelling. As for what moves need to be made, Point guard, small forward, and power forward are all lacking starting quality players. The rebuild won't be easy, but It would be quite rewarding for my character.

Boston: I am a Celtic's fan, with a true understanding that the Celtic's are going to be bad this year. Luckily, the team looks like it has a bright future, stockpiled with draft picks and a few key pieces. My only concern is what to do with Rajon Rondo. I have considered trading him, and I have considered keeping him. If I keep him, will the Celtics be bad enough to get a high draft pick and go for Wiggins/Parker/Randle/etc.? Its a good question. If we are, then I get Parker at SF, with a defensive ace at SG to complement him in Avery Bradley, the best passing point guard in the NBA in Rajon Rondo, A great athlete who can do it all at the 3 or 4 in Jeff Green, and I would just need to find my franchise center. I don't see Ainge being fired yet, so that could be an issue unless I chose to have my guy get the job after a season has passed and Ainge screws up a few more times (potentially).

Orlando: I really like what Orlando has going. But perhaps, in my dynasty's reality, the owner is unhappy with a lack of wins, and decides to move on. That puts me in a wonderful situation. A big beautiful city in Orlando, with promising young players all over. Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, and more. Once I can get a few more pieces and get them to fit, look out. I am very high on Oladipo, and it will be cool to see where he goes. Orlando just seems like a fun rebuild.

Milwuakee: This isn't goingto be easy that's for sure. The Bucks really don't have a lot of assets, nor players or the future. All they have is Henson and Sanders, and only one of them is going to be effective of the court at a time or else we won't have a post presence. MIlwuakee is a team in desperate need for a rebuild, and I would love to take on the challenge.

So what are your thoughts on this? What team do you want me to do and why? What story is most compelling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Re: NBA Live GM Dynasty Team selection.

For those who voted please be sure to leave a reply if you have time to make your argument for that team. I want to hear what you have to say.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Buckeye2011's Arena

OVR: 0

milwaukee for the high level of difficulty
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye2011
Yeah. Milwaukee is definitely the most difficult. It's at least 2-3 years behind in the rebuilding process from the others and probably the worst market. At least Sacramento has the climate, Boston is a beautiful city with rich basketball history, Phoenix is also nice and has good history, Orlando is a huge market with loyal fans and a great vibe to it (I live a few hours out and visit often for theme parks and UCF is the college my sister goes too).

Also, just to let you know, I'm not just gonna go with the team with the most votes. I'm gonna go with a team with some votes, and that has the best argument made for it. So even though the Celtics and Magic have the most votes (and only by one I might add), it doesn't mean one of those two will be the team necessarily. I need some opinions, some points for and against each team from you guys.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Go with Orlando because you can build the team your way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye2011
Couldn't say it any better.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd say Orlando. You can use the OKC way of becoming competitive, by building through the draft and hitting on picks.

Or you can do the San Antonio way, by building upon your young talent (In this case Oladipo, Harris and Vucevic) while stockpiling assets.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Milwaukee for the high difficulty level, bad market, and its my second favorite team behind Chicago. Go for Milwaukee if you want this to run for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »