Home

The National Basketball League: 2077 [CAP]

This is a discussion on The National Basketball League: 2077 [CAP] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

OVR: 0
The National Basketball League: 2077 [CAP]

Hello everyone. I would like to welcome you to my NBA Association thread, thank you for reading.

I would like to preface this Association with a little background and some disclaimers. First, some of you may remember me from a while back, when I did my Canadian Basketball League CAP which was derailed due to both my NBA 2k13 disk being ruined and my Xbox failing. I have also done several "fantasy" associations on several other sites, most notably the NSBL association on Sports House.

First off I would like to say is this thread in no way meant to copy BUCKSWEATSHIRT's CAP thread. There are certain similarities in the initial story, but I have been working on this concept for quite some time, far before I knew of his thread, and I apologize for the similarities. Second; if you are interested in a very visual (pictures, videos, other crazy stuff) thread, this will not be for you. Because all of the players will be created, I will not being using stock photos and the like. If you would like your player to have a headshot, refer to the player creation thread. I also ask that you do not re-use player info you may have used in BUCKSWEATSHIRT's CAP (I notice that some people who entered in that thread re-used models from my CBA thread).

If you are interested in Creating a Player, please refer to the Create A Player thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045554181

The reason I am creating a seperate thread for this, is because I intend to accept new players at any time, but I do not wish to have this thread littered with CAP forms. Thank you for the co-operation!
__________________________________________________ _____
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

Re: The National Basketball League: 2077 [CAP]

The Story

2077. Amid the financial turmoil of the twenty-first century, Basketball has exploded in popularity across the world. One of the cheapest and easiest games to play, basketball has left its mark on a generation clouded in war, violence and debt. Much has changed from the glory days of professional sports in the early 21st century, and basketball was not spared. Large financial upswings in the 20's allowed sports teams to build beyond their means, erecting magnificent arenas and stadiums. Financial ruin in the 30's left most of these stadiums in perennial disrepair, with empty bleachers and poor teams. Pro sports were dealt another blow when the slow disintegration of college sports eventually left pro sports with out their expected steady stream of young talent. Fast forward to 2077, and we take an inside look into the newly formed NBL.

Spearheaded by Americas two largest basketball clubs, the American Basketball Association based in New York, and the United Basketball Association based in California, the NBL will feature eight teams, four sponsored by each club, playing 17 games per season, with an additional three games to decide the league champion. This thread takes an inside look at the players, coaches, owners, managers, arenas and writers tasked with reporting it all, so we can see how professional sports has changed here from yesteryear.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

The American Basketball Division (East Coast)

New York Metro

Colors: Red and White
Arena: The Standing Room Sports Arena (18,900)
Championships: None
League Championships: None
Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Best Record: 0-0
Retired Numbers: None

Boston Arsenal

Colors: Red and Black
Arena: Beacon Hill Arena (14,780)

Chicago Machine

Colors: Red and Yellow
Arena: The Madison Street Residence Entertainment Venue (21,200)

Baltimore Bayhawks

Colors: Green and White
Arena: ICEtech Arena (11,890)

Last edited by Cope Digital; 10-14-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

United Basketball Division (West Coast)

Los Angeles Riptide

Colors: Red and Blue
Arena: Tesla Motorworks Arena (26,700)

Denver Outlaws

Colors: Orange and Black
Arena: Miller Coors Arena (16,500)

San Francisco Dragons

Colors: Purple and Black
Arena: The Palindrome (13,700)

Dallas Broncos

Colors: Red and Tan
Arena: Marlboro Arena (12,460)
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

|-Created Players-|

PG Jahil Kane (Beast10)- 68 overall, New York Metro (Starter)
5 Games Played, 13.4 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 7.0 APG, 1.6 SPG, 2.2 TOPG, .451 FG%, .524 3P%, .909 FT%

SF Noah Jackson (nuka)- 78 overall, Dallas Broncos (Starter), no games played
5 Games Played, 14.8 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.2 APG, 0.6 BPG, .508 FG%, .667 3P%, .714 FT%

PF George Burns (megarover)- 60 overall, Baltimore Bayhawks (Role), no games played

C Dontae' Brown (DropxEm)- 64 overall, Dallas Broncos (Starter), no games played
5 Games Played, 7.8 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 1.2 BPG, 1.4 TOPG, .500 FG%, .538 FT%

PG Adam Cooper (BUCKSWEATSHIRT)- 61 overall, LA Riptide (Role), no games played
5 Games Played, 4.8 PPG, 1.2 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, .304 FG%, .250 3P%, .750 FT%

PG Eury Reyes (Reyes19)- 65 overall, LA Riptide (Starter), no games played
5 Games Played, 15.8 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 6.4 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.8 TOPG, .547 FG%, .308 3P%, .895 FT%

C Tyrone Davidson (LemonTea3260)- 72 overall, Boston Arsenal (Starter) , no games played

SF Matt Burkart (itsmb8)- 70 overall, San Francisco Dragons (Starter), no games played

C Tyson Graves (SwaaaaaG)- 60 overall, San Francisco Dragons (Starter), no games played

PG Blake Taylor (BraedenG33)- 62 overall, Boston Arsenal (Starter), no games played

SG Jordan Smith (DavidTheGreat20)- 71 overall, Boston Arsenal (Starter), no games Played

SG Andre Reed (turty11)- 75 overall, Dallas Broncos (Starter), no games played
5 Games Played, 22.6 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.8 SPG, 1.0 BPG, .541 FG%, .143 3P%, .741 FT%

PG AJ Stuart (Wolvesjr34)- 68 overall, Denver Outlaws (Starter), no games played

PG Ryan Barrett (Tarus)- 60 overall, Denver Outlaws (Role), no games played

F Rudi McDermott (Skylar97)- 69 overall, Free Agent,
3 Games Played, 12.3 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 1.7 APG, 0.7 BPG, .536 FG%, .778 FT%

SF Tyus Parker (Beast10)- 67 overall, Free Agent,
4 Games Played, 20.3 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, .455 FG%, .500 3P%, .700 FT%

Last edited by Cope Digital; 04-24-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

|-League Records-|

Single Game Records:
Points- Sam Jones- 51 (2077)
FGM- Sam Jones- 20 (2077)
FGA- Matt Burkart- 42 (2077)
FTM- Craig Hodges- 13 (2077)
FTA- Craig Hodges- 13 (2077)
3PM- Matt Burkart- 7 (2077)
3PA- Matt Burkart- 15 (2077)
Assists- Dillon Moss- 14 (2077)
Rebounds- Eddie Fung- 18 (2077)
Offensive Rebounds- Doug Porter- 6 (2077)
Steals- Andre Reed- 5 (2077)
Blocks- Doug Porter- 3 (2077)
Turnovers- Blake Taylor- 7 (2077)

Season Records:

Points-
FGM-
FGA-
FTM-
FTA-
3PM-
3PA-
Assists-
Rebounds-
Offensive Rebounds-
Steals-
Blocks-
Turnovers-
Fouls-
Minutes Played-

Career records:

Points-
FGM-
FGA-
FTM-
FTA-
3PM-
3PA-
Assists-
Rebounds-
Offensive Rebounds-
Steals-
Blocks-
Turnovers-
Fouls-
Minutes Played-
Games Played-
Championships Won-

Last edited by Cope Digital; 04-16-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

National Basketball League prepares for first season
By: Jack Graves

Watching professional sports sagas unfold is like watching the games themselves. Some of us anxiously await the start of a game, mulling over pre-game commentary, chips and dip in hand. Others tune in to the second quarter, and even others wait until minutes before the buzzer or final whistle to become part of the melodrama that is pro sports.

The NBL hopes a lot of people come from the first typeset.

A little over two years in the works, the brainchild of ABA head chairman Alex Hansen is finally coming together. "It started during the '75 New York invitational" Says Hansen, now the commissioner of the NBL . "I think it was myself and maybe three or four other seats from the [ABA] and we were talking to some of the guys from United Club who had a few amateur teams there, and of course the topic of starting up a new league came up." But Hansen and associates knew the trouble associated with starting a new modern day sports league; "It's one of those things that we in the basketball world had been talking about for the last 20 years. Even before the NBA ceased, we felt like a new league was possible. I guess '75 was just a special year though, and the time felt right and everything fell into place."

As it happened, the United Basketball Association had received offers from two cities looking to host permanent exhibition teams. In the East, the ABA had already established a number of team tournaments and the New York Invitational hosted a record 32 teams, drawing over 300,000 spectators for the 3 day tourney.

Near the end of 2075, the UBA and ABA came together for a meeting in New York. "We sat down and really discussed the logistics. We felt if we were going to talk about it, it needed to be more than just talk, we needed to take some definite steps. So that weekend, we filed to officially create the National Basketball League."

Less than a year later, 15 cities had pledged to offer the maximum tax payer support allowed by the 2063 Federal Sporting Act, and the NBL looked as if it would take flight at any moment.

"We had a few hiccups though, that's for sure." Says Hansen. "We had a few cities who held unrealistic expectations. We weren't pledging to bring a team to bad markets and build a state of the art arena and court a team full of Micheal Jordans, and some of these cities expected that. We drew a very clear line as to what we were able to do, and after a lot of negotiating about what we could do down the line as well, we got eight cities to pledge money for teams."

The biggest obstacle for the NBL was not having initial owners. All eight teams will be owned by their respective conferences for the first five years. "We had corporate sponsors for our tournaments that were paying out two to three million to the winning teams of these amateur tournaments." Says Hansen. "We figured if we get corporate sponsors to help with the initial costs of these teams, and if we could make it five years down the road before selling these teams, we could ensure enough stability to get this thing off the ground."

But what does that mean for players, you might ask? Hansen wasn't shy about how league owned teams would impact players in the initial seasons; "For players it means some good things, some bad. We obviously are not looking at multi-million dollar salaries in the first few years. We have set the standard salary for all players at $500,000 for the first two years, and from there we will see. Obviously, for better players, this system kind of cheats them, but right now there is no North American league that offers even half of this."

Free agency was another aspect Hansen didn't predict having early roots in the league; "We can't do free agency quite yet. With the standardized salary there isn't a real point to doing so. We are confident players will be able to stomach that, and understand that the teams need [no free agency] to have a little bit of stability in the first few years."

Hansen was adamant that the league's business model will produce lucrative sales at the end of five years, but a lot of that seems to depend on the players. Although the NBL is set to be the highest paying league in the country, it remains to be seen if the top tournament players are willing to tie themselves down to one team.

"Some of the top players in the country are making upwards of five million a year on the tournament circuit." Says New York Times Hoops correspondent TK Wright. "The TV Contracts, the sponsorship opportunities, and the ability to only have to play 17 games to make a guaranteed $500,000 will attract players, but the stars will have to decide if they want to risk potentially huge paydays to play in a premier league."

European leagues also offer stiff competition to the NBL. England's LondonOne League offers max contracts worth $5.5 million to players who have played five or more seasons with the league. The ten year league bonus is $3.3 million.

With the summer of 2077 almost upon us, and as tournament season ramps up, the NBL is hard at work recruiting players to attend September try-outs. The four American Basketball Conference teams will hold tryouts in New York City at The Standing Room, and the United Basketball conference will hold its tryouts in Palo Alto, CA.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Cope Digital's Arena

2077 Pro Dispensary Draft

Results:
PHP Code:
CHICAGO-
1. SG Sam Jones89
2. SF Bobby Jones
3. C Greg Smith