Home

Derek Baldwin|Been Around the World (NBA 2K14 MyCareer)

This is a discussion on Derek Baldwin|Been Around the World (NBA 2K14 MyCareer) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #73
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Let the Good Times Roll

“I am so damn tired, dude.”

“This is what happens when you make it big, man. Doesn't it feel good to be home though?”

I sit on the bed in my hotel room and try to relax for a second. I'm fresh off the plane from our game against Brooklyn and I am dog tired. But I need to get it together. It's All-Star Weekend. I have the Rising Starz Challenge, the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, and not to mention all the promo stuff that I have to do for Nike and the NBA. I am going to be so burned out after this weekend is over.

“I just want to go to the house. See the fam. Sleep in my own bed.”

“I feel you, But we had to get you all checked in.”

My phone buzzed on the bed next to me indicating I had a text message.

Tr3y Burk3 February 13, 2014 9:47 P.M. You made it in yet? I know you were flying in from the Chi.

Derek February 13, 2014 9:48 P.M. Yeah, just checked in actually. Room 617. We're going over to my folks in a minute. Why don't you come with?

Tr3y Burk3 February 13, 2014 9:48 P.M. That's a bet. Is your mom cooking? I love this Southern food.

Derek February 13, 2014 9:49 P.M. You know she is. Hell, knowing her it probably looks like Thanksgiving at the house.

Tr3y Burk3 February 13, 2014 9:50 P.M. Give me 10 minutes.

###########################################

Thanksgiving was an understatement. It looks like a damn block party at my parents’ house. I don't even know if this is allowed. Gated community and all.

“This has got to be Dax's doing,” Devin murmured as we made our way through the house. “All these damn people. Is that smoke? This fool is barbecuing.”

Sure enough, there my brother was. Wearing his New Orleans Saints chef's coat manning the grill. I was about to head over to him when I heard my mother's voice.

“It's about time you made it. You must be tired.”

“A little bit, but I'm okay. I don't have to be out and about until noon tomorrow. So I can make some time for my family tonight.”

"Good. Your brother really went all out for you.”

“I bet he did. Oh, Ma, this is Trey. I don't think you two have officially met.”

“How are you, Ms. Baldwin? I really appreciate those pralines that you sent. They were delicious.” Trey leans in and gives my mother a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Like they were old friends or something.

“You mean the pralines she sent to me?”

“I'll have to make another batch before you boys leave. Go on and enjoy your party. Your father is probably out there with Dax somewhere.”

“Yes, ma'am.”

We make our way back outside to see my father is now manning the grill. Dax is now in social butterfly mode. We chat with my father for a while before Dax makes his way back over to us.

“Damn man, it's about time you made it! I've been trying to entertain these folks while everybody was waiting on you.”

“Uh, thanks. Why so many people? I thought this was supposed to be a small family gathering?”

“This is family. Folks that we grew up with. Don't go getting all Hollywood on us now, Twin. These people support you. Have supported you since the beginning. Go around and say hello. I'll get Trey a soda or something. He can go play on the PS4 upstairs or he can go shoot pool with the guys in the garage.”

“Alright. Trey, you gonna be okay?”

“Yeah, man, I'm good. I'll be around.”

I make my way through our crowded back yard and garage greeting everyone there. It's been a minute since I've seen some of these faces. And it really is good seeing some people that I haven't seen in a while. Aunts, uncles, cousins. I'm in the middle of a game of pool with my crazy uncle Bobby (Devin's father) when I hear a very familiar laugh. I shake my head and focus on my shot because there is no way that I heard the laugh that I just heard. No way.

“Hey, Derek.”

Okay so there was no mistaking it that time.

“Brittany.”

##########################################

“You ready for tonight, man?”

“Yeah, I'm ready.”

“Cool. I'm coming for you. You know we got top billing on this thing. Everybody wants to see Trey and Dub go at it.”

“We're going to go at it. Trust me.”

“You just seem a little distracted. You've been kinda weird since last night.”

“Nah. I'm cool. I'm cool.”

Trey and I were taking the elevator downstairs to head over to the convention center for the NBA All-Star Weekend Jam Session. We were going doing the autograph table for three hours. Then we had a light practice and then we were going to catch a bit of the celebrity game before getting ready for our own game. Busy day.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #74
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

February 14: Rising Stars Challenge

Baldwin, Burke Impress in Rising Stars Challenge

Derek Baldwin puts up a three pointer over Trey Burke

For the past week, all the talk has been about rookies Derek Baldwin and Trey Burke. The two players, along with their teammates, did not disappoint. The only played when the other was playing and the fans enjoyed every minute of it. The first half was full of fast breaks and high flying dunks. The Elite found themselves down by ten going into the locker room. The team came out of the locker room with renewed vigor with Baldwin and teammate Damian Lillard kicking off a 12-0 run to get the Elite back in the lead. Lillard finished with 18 points. Burke stepped things up in the second half and played tighter defense on Baldwin, he led the Starz in scoring with 19 points and came away with four steals. But the MVP of tonight’s game was Baldwin, who finished with 24 points, sank four free throws at the end of the game for the Elite to take the victory in a dramatic finish.

"It was kind of like the Rookie Showcase all over again. It’s great to come out and just have fun like this. These guys all have tremendous talent. It’s great to be able to come out here and show people what we can do.” – Chicago Bulls shooting guard Derek Baldwin

Starz|20|15|20|19|74
Elite|23|22|18|17|80

Player of the Game
Derek Baldwin - 24 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals
Old 03-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #75
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Twitter Feed

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #76
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Let the Good Times Roll Part 2

I spent Saturday afternoon at my mother's house, taking the nap of my life. We decided to just stay awake after leaving Eiffel, since we had to head out for the NBA Walk, Run, and Dribble the next morning. It was great being able to be around the young fans. I got to hang with some WNBA greats as well, Lisa Leslie, Tina Thompson, and the like. It was a really great event. I finally made it back to the house around 1:30, with intentions to sleep until All-Star Saturday night. My mom decided to wake me at 5:30, cutting my nap about 45 minutes short.

I head downstairs toward the voices that I hear coming from the kitchen.

“Why are you here?”

Dax.

“I came to talk to Derek.”

Brittany.

“Look. Whatever, you got up your sleeve, we are not for it. We haven't heard from you in like almost four years.”

“What business is it of yours?”

“That's my brother, it's definitely my damn business.”

I decided to make my presence known by yawning loudly before rounding the corner. I nod my head at both of them before heading to the fridge.

“Dax, you coming to tonight?”

“Definitely.”

“Um, Derek, do you mind if I talk to you,” Brittany asks before fixing Dax with a look. “Alone?”

“Sure, but I only have about ten minutes. I need to get to the arena.”

She looks away. “Well, what about tomorrow? We can meet for breakfast or something,” she asks. She doesn't give me a chance to answer before she speaks again while gathering her things. “I'm going to go. Your mom has my number. Just give me a call when you get a chance.”

##############################################

I didn't get a chance to call Brittany on Sunday morning. I slept in after partying all night with the rest of the team. Dax and I spent the day at the mall shopping for mom's birthday even though she insisted that she didn't need anything and that the house was good enough. We were shopping at Tiffany's when I decided to just bite the bullet and ask.

“What do you think Brittany wanted to talk to me about?”

“No clue, dude. I say you should just leave the past in the past.”

“Seemed urgent.”

“When there is money involved, it's always urgent.”

“What makes you think it's about money?”

“Come on, bro. We haven't heard from this chick since Nicholls. You get drafted by the Bulls three years later, making some serious coin, you buy mama a house, you got this Nike deal. You're on magazine covers and ****. You really don't think it's about money?”

I shrug my shoulders and keep shopping. We decide on a necklace before grabbing a drink from Starbucks. I signed a few autographs, took a few pictures (read: got a few numbers) and we were on our way home to get ready for the All-Star game. Maybe I'll give Brittany a call tomorrow before I head back to Chicago.

As I was getting dressed, a text message came through on my phone. It's Jessica. I argue with myself about responding.

Jessica February 15, 2014 5:21 P.M. Having fun? Adam thinks you should have won the slam dunk contest last night.

Derek February 15, 2014 5:25 P.M. Smart man. Second place ain’t bad tho. How about you? Enjoying your time with Mr. Demps?

Jessica February 15, 2014 5:25 P.M. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Derek February 15, 2014 5:27 P.M. I'm just asking a question.

Jessica February 15, 2014 5:27 P.M. I'm not about to argue with you via text.

Derek February 15, 2014 5:28 P.M. Who said anything about arguing? I'll talk to you later. Getting dressed for the game

Jessica February 15, 2014 5:31 P.M. Fine

Females.

The All-Star game was great. The West defeated the East for the fourth straight year. I'm convinced it was because my man D. Rose and I were watching the game instead of playing in it. Maybe next year. Blake Griffin was named MVP, dude is a monster. He had 28 points and 13 rebounds. It was entertaining to say the least. I decided against meeting up with Brittany while I was at home. I wasn't ready for whatever it was she wanted to talk about. I had the decency to send her a text message and let her know that I was leaving out early that afternoon, so I was going to head out after church with my family. I told her that I'd be in touch. Did I punk out?

Maybe a little.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #77
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Game Results

Baldwin Takes Night Off in Bulls' Loss

February 19
CHI|22|16|25|17|80
TOR|20|19|18|18|85

Key Performers
Derrick Rose – 23 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists