Home

Derek Baldwin|Been Around the World (NBA 2K14 MyCareer)

This is a discussion on Derek Baldwin|Been Around the World (NBA 2K14 MyCareer) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #41
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Derek Baldwin|Been Around the World (NBA 2K14 MyCareer)

Increasing the minutes. Scores for the games are a little low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #42
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Game Results

Nets Suffer Third Loss in a Row

December 25
CHI|14|18|28|25|85
BKN|13|15|20|26|74

Key Performers
Derrick Rose – 29 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists
B. Lopez – 23 points, 4 rebounds

*Derek Baldwin 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
Old 01-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #43
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Twitter Feed

Old 01-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #44
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Happy Holidays

“Nice game out there, Rook. You could have made Christmas a little merrier for the team, but you did what you had to do.”

“Somebody had to lose. It wasn't gonna be us.”

“I can respect that. You sticking to your word out there after that outburst, huh?”

“My balls and my word is all I have.”

We both share a laugh.

“Okay. Look, we're having a soiree of sorts at the club. Why don't you guys come through. You won't wanna miss it.”

“That's what's up. Thanks, Jay. I can call you Jay right?”

He laughs. “Sure thing.”

###########################################

And that is how I find myself in the middle of Bergdoff Goodman with Carmen shopping for something to wear.

“Why am I shopping for new clothes?”

“Because I saw what you packed and you're not wearing that. You got an invite from Jay-Z to go to a party at his club. You are not going in a red suit and white shirt.”

I shake my head and look for a dressing room. I didn't think we would really do any partying. I know a lot of the guys flew their family members out, because we agreed that we would fly back to Chicago the next afternoon, since we had a little down time. We were just going to enjoy the holiday in the city. I packed a few things. What I did not expect was an invite from Jay-Z. I wonder if Beyonce will be there?

I was broken out of my thoughts by a knock on the door and two pair of jeans being tossed over.

“Try those on.”

This is going to be a long day. Where the hell is Devin and why isn't she pestering him?

“Did you find something for Devin to wear? I really think I can manage.”

“Claro que no. I saw what you packed. No me gusta.”

It must be serious. She's gone into the Spanish.

I finally take a look at myself dressed in a pair of black Rag & Bone jeans, a dark gray long sleeve Gucci polo, and a red tweed Gucci blazer. The blazer is kind of fly. I'm not gonna lie.

“Okay, so what are going to do about shoes?”

“Follow me.”

####################################

To say that my time in New York wasn’t well spent would be a lie. Jay Z knows how to party that’s for sure. We even got a shout out from DJ Amanda Blaze (who is sexy as hell by the way). I’m just glad we got the rest of the day off. After arriving in Chicago the next afternoon, I spent the rest of the day inside. Carmen and I watched movies and I cooked dinner. She was leaving that night so we decided to stay in.

The next morning, I was making breakfast when I heard two car doors slam shut (I wasn't stalking). I went over to my window and saw Jessica and Adam making their way to the house. She looked really tired. I turned off the stove and ran into my room to grab my Bulls sweat shirt and stepped into my Polo boots before running outside just as she was slamming her trunk shut.

“You need some help with those suitcases?”

“Derek,”
Adam practically shouted and ran towards me. This kid must eat a bowl of sugar for breakfast.

I held out my hand for a high five and then we both walked back to his mother. I extended my hand toward the suitcase and she reluctantly handed it to me. “Thanks.”

“No problem.”
We made it inside of the apartment and she told me to leave the suitcases by the door. “Not ready for me to see your bedroom yet, huh?”

She raised her eyebrow at me, but didn’t respond.

“You can see my room,” Adam said, grabbing my hand and dragging me toward the stairs. After a quick tour of his room I headed back downstairs to find Jessica making a bowl of cereal.

“That’s breakfast?”

Yeah,”
she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“No way,” I say taking the bowl from her. “You guys come over to my place. I was cooking anyway. You like chocolate chip pancakes, Adam?”

“Yes! Can we go, mom? Can we go, please?”

“Only for a little while. And you’d better be on your best behavior.”

“I will, I promise.”

After we had a real breakfast, I decided it was time to break out the gifts.

“You didn’t have to get us anything.”

“I know that. I do this little thing called whatever I want,”
I said as I sat the boxes down.

Adam wasted no time and just tore into everything. I got him a pair of Lebron James’ holiday sneakers with a couple of Nike sweatshirts and socks, an autographed Derrick Rose jersey, and a couple of those Skylanders Giants things. My nephew asked for some this Christmas so I figured it’d be a safe bet that Adam liked those too.

“This is so cool. Thank you!”

“You’re welcome.”

I turned to Jessica. “Aren’t you going to open yours too?”

“This is too much. Shoes, clothes, this jersey?”

“Hey, I only got the Skylanders. Santa took care of the rest.”
Which was true. I didn’t have to pay for the jersey or the Nike gear.

She slowly opened the long box, it was a wool Gucci scarf with a set of gloves and a hat.

“This is too much, Derek.”

“Eh, I heard it gets cold in Chicago. And open the envelope too.”

It was a gift card for a spa called the Ruby Room. I heard they were pretty good. I wanted to get something nice, but still appropriate for friends.

“We didn’t get you anything,” she said.

“Breakfast is cool. And you still owe me a date after you cancelled on me for Robin Thicke. So, come with me to the Jay Z concert next month and we’ll call it even.”

“Deal.”
Old 01-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #45
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Game Results

Ellis' Efforts Not Enough in Mavs Loss

December 28

DAL|13|16|19|22|70
CHI|18|28|25|6|77

Key Performers
M. Ellis – 22 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists
J. Noah – 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists

*Derek Baldwin 9 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals

Baldwin and Conley Duke it Out as Memphis Edges Chicago

December 30
CHI|16|26|11|23|76
MEM|22|21|17|17|77

Key Performers
M. Conley – 25 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
D. Baldwin – 25 points, 2 rebounds

Raptors' Defense Shuts Down Bulls

December 31
TOR|18|18|21|13|70
CHI|17|14|16|14|61

Key Performers
R. Gay – 21 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals
Derrick Rose – 18 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists

*Derek Baldwin - 12 points, 4 assists
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #46
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

January 2: Bulls vs. Celtics

Celtics' Bench Stepping Up to Edge Bulls

Jordan Crawford drains the open three

This was an important match for both teams, Chicago is currently holding on to the eighth seed in the East while Boston is two spots back in the tenth spot. Derek Baldwin struggled in the first half of this game, going only three of nine from the field in the first half as Chicago held on to a narrow lead. With Derrick Rose and Derek Baldwin on the bench, Boston managed to build their lead over Chicago to pick up a close win. Not that Rose was proving to be much of a threat. He connected on one out of six shots during the first half.

“Even though he wasn't extremely effective at the start of the game, we've seen how he can switch on. So we had to attack them while both Derricks were on the bench. Everybody banded together and we came up with a win.” Boston Celtics Head Coach, Brad Stevens

BOS(13-19)|18|19|17|17|71
CHI(14-17)|17|22|12|15|66

Key Performers

K. Humhries – 16 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
R. Rondo - 14 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists
A. Bradley – 12 points

C. Boozer – 16 points, 6 rebounds
J. Noah - 16 points, 5 rebounds
D. Baldwin – 14 points, 3 rebounds

Jordan Player of the Game
Kris Humhries – 16 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Old 01-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #47
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Game Results

Chicago Picks Up Win Over Atlanta

January 4
ATL|19|12|15|17|63
CHI|19|13|17|23|72

Key Performers
Louis Williams – 16 points, 4 assists
Derek Baldwin – 17 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks

Suns Can't Hold Off Bulls

January 7
PHX|18|18|21|14|71
CHI|20|24|20|12|76

Key Performers
Shannon Brown – 19 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
Derek Baldwin – 17 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
Old 01-28-2014, 04:29 AM   #48
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

The Run-In

“Thanks, gentlemen. Good talk. We look forward to hearing from you soon.”

Devin disconnects the call and looks up at Oliver and myself. It's been a while since Oliver has been around, but with his client list looking to have a turn for the better, and Devin handling all my day to day stuff and any outside deals, we just haven't had the time to catch up. He surprised me when I saw him after the Phoenix game.

“I couldn't have my client out here making waves in Chicago and not see it for myself.”

He also said he and Devin had their own news to deliver. The reps from Nike called and they wanted to set up a meeting with us, which was the call we just ended. Apparently, I am doing something right because they want to get in the kitchen and come up with a pair of shoes for your boy. You know I'm all for it. But for now they plan to hoist a new billboard. I'm all for that too.

“You're doing good out there, man. Donating those books to the schools in Chicago, the press loves you, your fan base is growing. Things are looking up. Like really looking up.”

“I just want to play ball, man. Everything else that comes is just a bonus. When I went into the draft, I wanted to prove I could play. Once I got drafted I wanted to prove that I could be a factor. Now, I'm here to win championships.”

“Save it for the Rookie Report,”
Devin said. He reached in his pocket and pulled out an envelope. “Here is what you asked for, sir. Tickets to the Magna Carter Holy Grail concert for tonight.”

I pick up the tickets and examine the seats. “What about the other guys?”

“I handle you, not them."

"Come on, Dev! This is my treat to the team."

"You guys are all right on the floor.”

“What about you?”

“You think I'm getting floor seats for you and none for myself? Thanks for the holiday bonus.”

“Ollie, you in?”

“No. I'm going to let you young guys have it tonight. I have some other business to attend to. Going to Indianapolis to check out DePaul at Butler.”

“Damn, you trying to find my replacement already?”

“I can't put all my eggs in one basket, now can I?”

With that, he heads downstairs and out the door.

“So,” Devin says with a long pause. “Date night, huh?”

“I guess I wouldn't really call it a date, since we're going out with all you guys.”

And I wouldn't really call it a date. It's a really huge group date kind of thing that we have going on tonight. Myself, D. Rose, Joe, Booz, Devin, and dates. I think it's going to be great. A nice way for us to get to know each other. Group environment. No pressure. Just everybody having a good time.

“So we got dinner at Carmichael's and then we're headed to the concert. Anything afterwards?”

“Nah, we got Milwaukee tomorrow night. Leaving around noon, I think. So once the show is over, we are probably going to call it a night.”

##############################

Dinner was great. The concert was great. I thought Jessica would have been overwhelmed by all the celebrity happening tonight, but it was pretty low key. We had a spot near the back away from the guests and the same with the concert. We didn't make a splashy entrance. We did get a chance to speak with Jay before the show which was pretty cool. I had no idea Jessica was such a big fan. If he wasn't already married, I would be nervous. We even got a shout out from Jay about midway through the show.

The show was over, the house lights came up, we were headed out and then I heard a voice that I didn't recognize.

“Jessica?”

She must have recognized it because she tensed up a bit. She took a deep breath and then she slowly turned around.

“I thought that was you. You here with some girlfriends or something?"

She didn't answer.

"Not with these seats. Let me guess, you're on a date?”

She seemed to still be in shock because she had yet to answer. I decided to lean forward and extend my hand. “Derek Baldwin. How you doing, man?”

The guy looked older than me. Maybe early thirties. He seemed out of place at a concert like this, but hell what do I know. My mom likes Jay Z. But then I looked over and saw the pretty young thing standing next to him and it all made sense. I have an idea of who this man is, but –

“Jake Demps. Where's Adam?”

I stepped a little closer to Jessica and placed my hand at the small of her back. “He's with a sitter. I thought Jessica could use a nice night out. Well, it was nice to meet you. But we've got to go. We have people waiting.”

I ushered Jessica down the aisle and out of the arena. She hadn't said a word until we were standing in front of her house.

“Thanks for tonight. I, uh, I had a good time.”

“Good. I'm glad.”

“Thanks for that whole thing with Jake. I didn't expect to see him.”

“I didn't do anything. But you're welcome. Maybe we can do it again sometime. Just the two of us.”

“Maybe.”

“I'll take maybe. This time. Good night.”
I leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I walked down the steps and waited for her to get in. I headed back to my place and got ready for bed. Before I closed my eyes, my phone buzzed.

Jessica January 10, 2014 12:03 A.M. I had a really great time tonight. I wouldn’t mind going out again sometime.

Derek January 10, 2014 12:04 A.M. I knew it! LOL Um, I'm going to be on the road for the next couple days. We can go out on Saturday after the game against Charlotte. Just to like a movie or something. Bring Adam to the game.

Jessica January 10, 2014 12:06 A.M. Saturday, huh? Someone is eager. Lol I'll think about it. Good night, Derek. Thanks again.

Derek January 10, 2014 12:06 A.M. Don't act like you don't want to.

Jessica January 10, 2014 12:06 A.M. Lol Good night, sir!

Derek January 10, 2014 12:07 A.M. Night, Jess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »