Home

Portland Trailblazers TV - MyGM - NBA2k14 PS4

This is a discussion on Portland Trailblazers TV - MyGM - NBA2k14 PS4 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Your take on the recent trade?
Great for Portland, Bad for Chicago 0 0%
Great for Chicago, Bad for Portland 0 0%
Good for both 0 0%
Bad for both 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Portland Trailblazers TV - MyGM - NBA2k14 PS4

11/05/2013
KINGS 96 : BLAZERS 103

The Trailblazers (1-4) tallied their first win of the season with a 103-96 victory over the Sacramento Kings (2-3).

The Blazers continued their trend of playing porous defense for the first three quarters, but held the Kings to a mere 12 points in the 4th quarter to seal the victory.

Lamarcus Aldridge contributed an impressive 33 points and 8 rebounds in the win. Five other Portland players put up double-digit points, including Damian Lillard, who had 14 points, 9 assists and 3 steals.

The Kings will host Portland tomorrow to complete the early season home-and-home series.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #10
Rookie

megarover's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow tough start to the season but the TrailBlazers irl seem to be doing well so I hope the win is a start of a nice little streak
Old 11-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarover
Wow tough start to the season but the TrailBlazers irl seem to be doing well so I hope the win is a start of a nice little streak
Not sure if you watched last game, but it was definitely more competitive. I made the mistake of jumping right into it without getting sliders down first, so I really struggled in the first few. Once I changed them up, it was more fun.

I think the success of this team will depend on building their depth a little more and making a move to improve the defense. I am going to try to make a deal to bring a lock-down 6th man into the mix. This draft class looks pretty good, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #12
Rookie

11/05/2013
BLAZERS 108 : KINGS 83

Unfortunately, the Blazers don't get to play the Kings 82 times in a season.

Portland beat the Kings for the second straight night, in Sacramento, 108-83. Their record versus the rest of the league is still 0-4. They are hoping to change that on Monday night when they host the Pistons (3-2).

Thomas Robinson had a career night for the Trailblazers, netting 18 points and 13 rebounds. Lamarcus Aldridge also scored a double-double with 22 points and 11 boards.

The Blazers continue to see a high percentage of their points come in the paint. The coaching staff is hoping to spread the floor a bit more in the upcoming week.

"We'll need to be more effective running the floor," said head coach, Terry Stotts. "Lillard has been dishing the ball around well, but I would like the see him and Nic (Batum) put more pressure on the defense. Eventually, teams are going to be putting two or three defenders on Lamarcus, and we'll have to respond."

Travis Outlaw was 2-2 from long range and sparked the Kings with 16 points in the loss.

Last edited by MasonTK; 11-20-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
Rookie

11/11/2013
PISTONS 85 : BLAZERS 89

Portland extended their win streak to three games, after an 89-85 battle with the Detroit Pistons at home.

Lamarcus Aldridge and Nic Batum struggled in the loss, going a combined 5-22 from the floor, but Robin Lopez and Thomas Robinson both turned in impressive performances to pick up the slack.

"If you would have told me L.A. would go 4-15 from the floor, and Nic would only have two points, I would have assumed we got blown out," said coach Terry Stotts, after the game. "It's great to see Robinson stepping up since we moved him into the starting rotation, and Damian (Lillard) really tried to make more things happen. Both of those guys seem like they don't know how good they really are."

The Blazers held Josh Smith to a measly 4 points, holding him to just 2-9 from the floor. The backcourt of Brandon Jennings (19) and Rodney Stuckey (16) scored a combined 37 points to lead the Pistons in the loss.

The Trailblazers will host the Phoenix Suns (2-5) on Wednesday before heading off on a four-game road-trip against Eastern Conference teams.

Last edited by MasonTK; 11-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Handicapping League To Help Make The Right Moves
Blazer's GM, Tyler, looking to improve team by picking winners.

Portland, OR. With the NBA draft still months away, it is hard to know where teams will fall on the draft board. Mason Tyler, the Blazer's newly appointed General Manager, is hoping to improve his team's depth by predicting who will draft where.

"It is very important to me that every deal has an outcome that benefits us in every way, not just a player-to-player-to-draft-pick comparison," said Tyler. "In the NBA, not all first round picks are created equal. If I am dealing with a team, I put a price on their pick, and weigh it against the upcoming draft class. By handicapping the league, I can gain a better understanding of what each pick is worth."

Tyler also looks at other variables when deciding on certain moves to make. Fans were a little upset that he balked at a recent offer from Minnesota--a deal that was rumored to send Derreck Williams and a 2015 1st round pick to Portland for C.J. McCollum.

"In my experience, a lot of teams seem to look for specific players and also assume that it doesn't matter where the guys you deal end up," said Tyler. "Derreck is a great player, but he isn't the most aggressive player on their team. By taking him, and giving them C.J., someone who plays great defense off the bench, we'd be doing our team a disservice. C.J. is not someone I want Earl (Watson) and Mo (Williams) to have to go up against in our own division."

Tyler also noted that the young talent on Minnesota's roster makes their 2015 draft pick less attractive than fans make it out to be, as he believes they will have a solid year next season.

With only seven games in the books, Portland will likely let some time pass before making any roster moves. One thing is for certain, however: when Tyler pulls the trigger, it won't be done on a whim.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Rookie

UPCOMING GAME : 11/19/13 @ 8:30PM EST
11/13/13
BLAZERS (3-4) vs. SUNS (2-5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Rookie

11/13/2013
SUNS 91 : BLAZERS 95

Another impressive defensive second half of basketball propelled Portland to their 4th straight victory over the Phoenix Suns, 95-91. After going into the locker room with a 10 point deficit, the Blazers--sporting their "Rip City" alternate jerseys--held the Suns to just 36 points in the final two quarters.

Gerald Green was a headache for Nic Batum, who again struggled on both ends of the floor. Green went off in the first half, netting 24 of his 36 total points in the game.

"Not a good night for me," said Batum, after the game. "I feel like I have been saying that a lot so far this season."

Blazers coach, Terry Stotts, said that he has been trying to give Nic more opportunities but there are times when he has no choice but to go with the hot hand.

"I want to get (Batum) the ball," said Stotts, "but when he clearly isn't 'on' we work in more outside looks for Damian (Lillard) and Wes (Wesley Matthews)."

Lamarcus Aldridge bounced back after a weak performance Monday's game against Detroit; scoring 22 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. Thomas Robinson chalked up another double-double, scoring 16 points to go with his 12 rebounds.

The Trailblazers will get some rest tomorrow before traveling to Boston to start a four-game series against the Eastern Conference. The Celtics (4-5) are coming off a 117-109 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies.

Last edited by MasonTK; 11-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »