Home

Cam Hartman - Basketball In My Blood

This is a discussion on Cam Hartman - Basketball In My Blood within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cam Hartman - Basketball In My Blood

Basketball has always been a part of my life. My mother was a college basketball player who made it to the Final Four with Tennessee in 1987. My father, Kevin Hartman, was a Two Time All American as a PG at Georgetown. As I was growing up, he was a struggling NBA player who never quite recovered from a torn ACL during his rookie season with the Sixers.

I grew up in Philadelphia, and was always pushed to play basketball. Basketball over academics, basketball over friends, everything. I worked hard at it in hopes that I could make it to the top.

When I committed to Villanova University, my parents were so excited. I had received a full scholarship to a D1 University in my hometown. I had earned a starting job at point guard during my sophomore year, and led the nation in PPG for an underclassman. By senior year, however, my luck had run out, and I posted a measly 14 PPG in the regular season.

Following a run in which I scored 27 PPG in March, taking Nova to the Final Four, I was invited to get my chance in the NBA Draft. My name had begun popping up on the big boards as a player who could be a sleeper pick in the draft. I had finally begun to live up to my parents' expectations, but I still had tons left to do.

I play in the Rookie Showcase today.

My name is Cam Hartman, and this is my story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Cam Hartman - Basketball In My Blood

I played in the Rookie Showcase today.

I scored 11 points, but I fouled out.

I already feel like I am letting people down.

The draft is coming up and I am not expecting too much. I'd be surprised if I was a first rounder at all. I had post game interviews with Boston, Houston, and Cleveland. I'm a bit sad that I'm not even being considered by my hometown Sixers, but we will see what happens, I guess. The latest mock draft has me going 21st to Boston. I think I could learn a lot from a player like Rajon Rondo, so Boston could be an interesting destination for me.

The draft is this weekend. I dont think I've ever wanted anything so badly in my life. These may be the slowest few days of my life.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

I was told I should only be at the draft if I was going in the lotttery, which probably could not be expected. So I stayed home, anxiously watching on TV as David Stern announced picks one by one. My agent was there and said he would inform me right before Stern announced the pick.

Right then he called. Kevin Meyers, my agent. He said he was hearing that I would be going around pick 20 and the Celtics were my highest suitors. I'd be okay with that.

I hung up and resumed watching. They were up to pick 16 and I had been getting antsy. I knew it was coming soon. My name was about to get called.

My phone rang. I answered excitedly.

Telemarketer. Click.

Right after I hung up it rang again.

"What do you want?"

"It's Kevin"

"Whatcha got, man?"

"You're going right now. Pack your bags for Cleveland, man. Congrats."

Ive never been so excited in my life. I was getting the oppurtunity to being backing up the best point guard in the east.

Maybe one day Ill be taking his job away.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm following. I hope this lasts long!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »