Home

Burbank High School: Continuing the Legacy

This is a discussion on Burbank High School: Continuing the Legacy within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

November 18th, 2013
Basketball Tryouts

Quote:
"Before I start the rant, if you know that your grades aren't where they're suppose to be, please exit my gym . . ."

*Jonathan McNeil heads out the double doors*

"Ok then. Most of you know me but if you don't, I'm coach Vincent. I've been around here at Burbank for 12 years now and I'm hoping to stick around for many more years to come. Here we all believe we're the best of the best of Indiana basketball and therefore we choose the best of the best players. We've got games against top 10 schools in the nation, not district but NATION so this program is no joke. It's definitely not an "after-school activity, Burbank basketball is a complete commitment from here all the way to March when we win state. Now before we get everything started here I'm going to give you all 15 minutes to do what you do to prepare yourself. If that's chucking up half court shots then go have fun.

-----15 Minutes Later-----

"So what my intentions in these tryouts are to obviously find out who can really stand out from the crowd and play the game of basketball at a high level. In order to do this, scrimmages are the best options therefore we'll be doing that pretty much all day. I will pair up three of you in a group.

Discussion: Your thoughts & goals during today's tryout session.

Last edited by beast10; 01-22-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Burbank High School: Continuing the Legacy

Chip Bridges: "I was a bit overlooked last season, I felt that coach played the upperclassmen over me even though I had greater skill so today the whole school will hear about how I dominated tryouts."
Old 12-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Bernard Benjamin (Thoughts to self): "Coach means business, well this is High School ball so I guess I can say it gets real from here on out and since this school will be playing top schools in the Nation...it gets real very quickly. I can't wait to get these tryouts started, I really need to stand out."

Last edited by MarvellousOne; 01-01-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Javon Jackson: "Damn, some of these boys are big! I'll have to bulk up if I want to make varsity these next few years. But for right now, I need to show coach that I'm a monster athletically."

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 12-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Devante: 3v3's? LIGHT WORK. I already know none of these guys can guard me, but Imma play it safe. Imma be droppin' dimes like a bank teller with a bad hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
Rookie

cookingood's Arena

OVR: 0

Raymond Wells: Gotta come back from my knee injury from last year. Show these guys I deserve to be the star of this team.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #15
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

November 18th, 2013
- Basketball Tryouts

Coach Notes Based on Scrimmages
Spoiler

Coaches Chatter
Vincent: "What are you thinking about this kid Raymond? I never heard of him much on JV but he's looking like a varsity player here.

(JV Head Coach) Pollard: "He's a developing slasher. He's got an ok jumpshot, I think he's ready for varsity but I suggest you only use him for depth."

*Raymond takes a hard drive into the paint and Trent takes the charge*

Vincent: "Ahhh, Trent, better than ever. Also, Devantae should be a huge addition as well correct?"

(JV Head Coach) Pollard: "No question. The kid averaged about 7 assists a game for me last year. He'll great insurance behind Trent."

Vincent: "Interesting."

(Varsity Assistant) Collison: Javon Jackson may be really skinny but he's got speed and is a great rebounder."

Vincent: "The kid is a stick. No way in hell I'm putting him on my roster. Once he hits the weight room he'll take JV by storm though. He's a good pickup for you Anthony (Pollard)."

(JV Head Coach) Pollard: "Yeah. He's a project but I can honestly see a call up in the mid-season."

Vincent: No, I don't do that call up crap. Team chemistry is a priority and having our players jumping around isn't helpful. Besides, have you forgotten about Chip and JR?"

*Jared Shayotapope goes down hard after a rebound*

Jared was slow to get up and was helped off the court by coaching staff and was taken to the team trainer. He did not return... Shayotapope, 6'5, was the only freshman to make varsity last season.

-----45 Minutes Later-----

"You guys played great out there. Just a few upsets but for the most part everything was done well . . . But of course, it comes down to having to make first cuts today so we've constructed a list of both the cuts and tomorrow's athlete separation. Have a good evening and be prepared tomorrow."

Code:
Burbank Basketball Cuts
Stanley Bryant 
Nick Gray
Ryan Eerie 
Eric Gardner 
Earl Carter
Luke Prather
Marcus Lenard
Kasey Addison
Jalen Jennings
Mikey Quinn

Discussion: Talking with other players, thought on your performance, etc.

Last edited by beast10; 01-02-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #16
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Javon Jackson - "Today felt great. I think I really impressed the coaches with my work on the boards, even if it was just a 3-on-3. Planning on hitting up the weight room tomorrow morning. Coach Vincent kept calling me 'Bones.'"

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »