Home

The Path Taken — Story of Jannis Canterfield

This is a discussion on The Path Taken — Story of Jannis Canterfield within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Path Taken — Story of Jannis Canterfield

Looks pretty great. Will be following without a doubt.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Nice intro. You already know I'm following

Sent from my Dreams and nightmares
Old 01-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #11
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSWEATSHIRT
Nice intro. You already know I'm following

Sent from my Dreams and nightmares
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Looks pretty great. Will be following without a doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
Will definently be following this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne58
Great set up. I like it. Following
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
What a great start. Following.

Sent from my PMID705 using Tapatalk
Thanks guy I appreciate the praise! I hope you'll enjoy what I've got planned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #12
All Star

beast10's Arena

September 3rd, 2013

Later after my dad was probably long gone and miles away from the campus getting ready to pack up our house and get ready to about to take of to Florida, I sat along the edge of my couch watching all the other kids swarm around the dorm, there had to be about 50 of them, but what caught my attention was the a guy who had to be about 6’2 250 center himself in the middle of the living room.

“Everybody shut up!” He exclaimed. “Listen up, my name is Elijah but that’s not important. What is though is that I run this dorm and what I say is what goes. And that’s especially to you annoying a** freshman, your all a bunch of newbies and I don’t want to hear any of you. UNDERSTOOD?“

I nodded o show assurance just like every other kid who seemed to be a freshman. But how great was this . . . In a boarding school with a ‘bully’ in my dorm, I thought these type of things only happened in movies. I turned my attention back to the TV, some of the guys were starting up 2k13 on the Xbox somebody brought and I knew playing this would be a relief so I picked up the remaining controller from the coffee table.

“Did you not see me about to pick that up?” Confused, I glanced up and saw Elijah standing next to the couch with his hand out.

I handed him the controller with a little fake laugh and also gave up my seat on the full side of the couch, the last thing I wanted to do is make that dude upset. I walked to the other couch which was occupied with 4 other people with an empty seat.

“Hey don’t worry about Elijah.” A kid said as I took a seat in the middle. “Sure he’s big but he’s on the football team and their coach is heavy with disciplining so if he does anything bad then he’ll probably be suspended from the team or something and he’d hate that.”

“Oh, ok cool.”

“Yeah, so what’s your name?”

“I’m Jannis, what about you?”

“I’m Connor Crane. I’m a sophomore here. If you want, I could help you around this school when classes aren’t in session.”

“Uhh, yeah that would be cool.”

“Alright cool, hanging with me you’ll know what to do and what not to do. I may only be a sophomore but I know a lot about this place. Some good and some bad. Really gotta play your cards right here.”

“O-ok.” I stammered upon my word confused on what he meant. “What do you mean bad?”

“Well people come to boarding schools because they A.) Want better education, B.) Came from overseas or something, and finally C.) is that there parents couldn’t handle them so they shipped them off to here. So Sometimes the school is great then other times you’ll be beaten up by the up to no good jacka**es around here for no complete reason. I’ve seen it all, man. And as you can see, the upperclassmen think they run this school. I’ll elaborate more on it as I show you the school.”

“Oh, wow.”

“Yeah well anyways man; I’d suggest staying quiet and I see that you are already pretty quiet so you shouldn’t have a problem.”

I nodded and went back to my dorm bedroom. I wanted to analyze my schedule once again to see what I had in store for when classes officially started in two days . . . Algebra II, Biology, U.S History, French, English, and I was wrapping the day up with Ceramics . . . Starting the day with Algebra would be a hassle, I honestly had no clue why I was even in Algebra II when I barely passed I last year. I guess I’d just have to put in the work to succeed in it, dad always told me that. I was going to miss his lecturing because he always somehow had the right words to motivate me to strive. Suddenly the global school announcements came on through the speakers installed in the dorm.

“Hello students of Wasatch, this is your headmaster, Mr. Loftin. I hope you’ve all gotten to meet your roommates in your dormitory for they are the ones you’ll spend the rest of this year with. You are now free to leave your respective dorm and explore the campus. Only restrictions are that you must stay on campus and you may not and I repeat NOT enter any other dormitory.”

I suppose this could be my chance to get to the gym and hopefully get a good look at how these guys played. I threw on a casual Nike t-shirt along with some basketball shorts and gathered a pair of my basketball shoes that were neatly placed besides my bed and headed towards the door exit until I was intercepted from the path as Connor stopped me on the way.

“Hey were you headed?”

“Going to the gym. Why?”

“Just wondering, I’m heading there too.”

“Oh cool. I needed some help getting there anyways.”

This guy was weird. He claimed he was going to the gym as well yet he wore cargo shorts and a collared polo. But I said nothing against his case and we headed out and set towards the gym. On the way we passed a flock of guys who were physically built wearing Wasatch leathermen jackets.

“You see those guys?” Connor questioned me but continued. “That’s pretty much all of the football team right there. Some of them are the jacka** idiots I was talking about but then a couple of them are cool. The girls all go for them, it sucks I know. But hey, life sucks.”

“Ok . . .” This guy must be a complete nobody.

The walk seemed like it lasted for a lifetime because of Connor’s endless explanations about each and every surrounding we passed. I wanted to tell him to get lost but I was just too nice to do something like that. Eventually the huge gymnasium graced my eyes and immediately I had goosebumps just thinking about how it would be to be considered the best on this campus.

Grouped up by the entrance was Alex and some of the recognizable faces I remembered from yesterday’s orientation when I was talking with coach Morgan. Confidentially, I decided to speak.

What’s up yall.”

“Sup Jannis, how you likin’ the school?” Alex responded, and he was one of the only ones to do so.

“I mean . . . It’s ok I guess.”

Then a guy who seemed just a couple inches taller than me wearing a shirt saying ‘Wasatch Basketball’ approached all of us by the entrance of the gym.

The repetitive word “Geno!” was said by everybody who stood along with me by the door.

Geno . . . That name sounded familiar but I couldn’t figure out who he was until I finally remembered that he was the guy my father was talking about yesterday on the ride here.

“What’s up everybody.” He said and then he looked my way for some reason. “Isn’t this the dude who coach has been talking about?”

“Yeah, it is.” One of the guys replied.

“Coach Morgan was talking about me?” I asked confused.

“Yeah he said your dad was talking about how you were the next big thing and stuff. Are you really that ‘one’?”

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Now the coach is blurting it out. I’m two days in and I’m already mounted with high expectations. I had no clue on how to respond to this question; I wasn’t ‘great’ but I also wasn’t bad. Even though I didn’t like the hype I already had I didn’t want to end it.

“I’ll let my game speak for its self then you’ll be able to figure out if I’m that ‘one’.”

“Oh, oh, ok. We can put this too the test then. Let's run 4's inside."

It seemed like it was follow the leader as everybody stood up and followed Geno into the gym, I inferred that he must have been highly respected around here . . . I also had realized that I had gotten myself; I came here to get a few shots up but instead I was about to play a 4 on 4 with varsity athletes and I was sure that if I struggled they’d report it to coach Morgan and I no longer would have his full attention when tryouts came around.

"Hey watch out for those guys, Jannis." Connor said as we both followed them into the double doors. "They are almost no different than those football players."

"Shut up dude, damn."

I had learned early that Connor never shut up so I just had to say it. I wondered why he was so into mentoring me around this school. I continued back towards the gym along with everybody else. I guess this would be a big break for me if I could prove I had skills, sort of like a mini try-out for me.

To Be Continued

Last edited by beast10; 01-18-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is good
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
All Star

beast10's Arena

Just finished up my entrance exam for high school so I'm gonna start working on this update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonTea3260
This is good

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #15
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Good start. Ready for more, and I'm liking Jannis already. that Connor kid though, I can already tell he's gonna be A-NNOYING! lol. It's great to see you back with Michael Kane being finished.

I'm also wondering how the 'may not go in other dorms' thing will go. It got my head churning with all the things that could be done with that. So I can't see where you go with this or the dynasty in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #16
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
Good start. Ready for more, and I'm liking Jannis already. that Connor kid though, I can already tell he's gonna be A-NNOYING! lol. It's great to see you back with Michael Kane being finished.

I'm also wondering how the 'may not go in other dorms' thing will go. It got my head churning with all the things that could be done with that. So I can't see where you go with this or the dynasty in general.

Thanks for checking in and yeah I'm really excited with this one!
More updates may be bound for tomorrow!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »