Home

Journey to the Top - The Rashid Breckinridge Story

This is a discussion on Journey to the Top - The Rashid Breckinridge Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Journey to the Top - The Rashid Breckinridge Story

This will be the dynasty I'll attempt to stick with all the way. It will be the story of a high school phenomenon, Rashid Breckinridge, and will chart his path from college to the NBA.

Games: NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360), College Hoops 2K8

NBA 2K14:

Roster: My Own
Draft Class: Auto Generated
Difficulty: All-Star
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes (12 Minutes Simmed)
Game Style: Simulation

College Hoops 2K8:

Roster: My Own
Difficulty:
Half Length: 13 Minutes

* Disclaimer: None of the characters or events in this story are accurate depictions of real life individuals or organizations. Any similarities that due occur are purely coincidental

*Please excuse the poorly made pictures I created in paint.

*Feedback would be much appreciated

Last edited by JNett; 01-27-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Journey to the Top - The Rashid Breckinridge Story

Where I’m from, basketball isn’t a game- it’s a way of life. When you’re surrounded by poverty, you search for ways to get you and your loved ones out of that atmosphere. Could be getting an education. Could be selling drugs on the street corner. Could be pretty much anything you excel at, and for me, that’s ball. I’m Rashid Breckinridge. I play for Robertson High School in Brooklyn, New York, and I’m the greatest basketball player in the United States of America.

I’ll tell you that with a straight face too. When I was little, Momma always told me “A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” Well, I was little, and I didn’t really get what she was saying, so I decided to always exceed in my actions and my speech. Some people call me cocky, but I just call it confidence. Or swag- your choice. Speaking of my family, I live with my Momma, my brother Mike, and my little sister Abi. You can call me a Momma’s boy. She’s raised me my whole life by herself, so I’ll be damned if I don’t wear that title proudly. Mike’s pretty much out on his own most of the time, doin whatever he does. Used to be a pretty good ball player, but he blew out a knee, and now he’s just acts like a bitter old man. Abi’s sweet, but she can be real annoying too. My father walked out on us before I even remember. I guess I kinda owe him. Him and Momma gave me some nice genetics. He also gave me the will to make it big. One day, after I get drafted number 1, I want to see him try to come back into my life. I want to be able to laugh at him and abandon him like he abandoned us.

You wanna know some stuff about me? Sure you do. If I could enter the NBA right now, I would. I’d probably go number one too. The top shooting guard in college right now is this dude from Florida, Beal, I think. He’s good, but he doesn’t have anything on that dude Rashid Breckinridge outta Brooklyn. My favorite team in the NBA? Eh, let’s just say I still consider the Knicks my hometown team. The Nets are gonna take some getting used to. Favorite player? Easy one- it’d have to be Rashid Breckinridge. Kobe’s a close second. My favorite food? The bones of my opponents. Or a cheeseburger. One thing I dislike? The word hype. To me, hype means the attention is undeserved. When they say how I’m the “most hyped player ever”, well, to me that’s just disrespecting me as a person, and as a player. I’m not hyped up because I deserve the attention I’m getting. I can shoot, I can play D, I can pass, I can handle the rock, I can slam it. I can do everything. There's no such thing as hype for me, just facts.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Journey to the Top - The Rashid Breckinridge Story

Being the best high school basketball player in America is a great title to have, trust me. I just have to mention the words, “ESPN Number One”, and the ladies hop on board. The recruiters and the dudes who want to be my agent are pretty helpful too. When I was a freshman and sophomore, yeah, I still got national attention, but there wasn’t any cash flow, know what I’m sayin? It was still hard to make it by. Mike and Momma worked, but Abi’s too young, and my work is playing basketball. I’d get a job if I needed to, but right now, the more I practice, the better I play, and the better I play, the more money I’m gonna be able to give to my family eventually. The recruiting side of college basketball is a dark, suspicious world. Momma’s real strict about the “gifts” coming in. She doesn’t want me to jeopardize my college career for a little bit of cash right now. Actually, I wouldn’t really call it a little bit of cash. It’s enough to feed the family, I’ll tell you that much. I ain’t driving around no hummer like LeBron did, but trust me, the colleges and all these other dudes are treating me well enough.

I still haven’t made my decision about where I’m gonna go play at next year. I got a Top 10, but right now they’re all real close. Syracuse, Ohio State, Connecticut, Tennessee, Washington... just a couple of the names bouncing around in my head right now. That's if I even go to college. Heard about some team in Italy or Spain or somewhere where my name's being tossed around, so that's always an option. About colleges, I can tell you one thing, Kentucky is off the list. I’m Rashid Breckinridge. I follow my own path, not the footsteps of other dudes who went to the NBA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »