Home

Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #81
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
The Final Four Teams in what would be his senior year would be UNC, Wake Forest, Villanova, and one other team, leaving no room for both you and NCSU in that final four. The Elite 8 had consisted of UNC, WF, Villanova, the 4th final four team, Syracuse, and 3 other teams.

The First team All-American Power Forward in all four years would have been Kurtis Holden.
On this note, I do believe that they select All-Americans regardless of position, as evidenced by the 2012 All-American team, featuring three forwards and two centers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NC..._All-Americans
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #82
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
On this note, I do believe that they select All-Americans regardless of position, as evidenced by the 2012 All-American team, featuring three forwards and two centers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NC..._All-Americans
Oh. Well that's silly on the NCAA's part, but the All-American selections are okay then I guess. I mean, I don't think there were 5 players in college better than you junior or senior year so thats fine.

What did you think of the Hammers logos? Which one did you like best?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:28 AM   #83
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Oh. Well that's silly on the NCAA's part, but the All-American selections are okay then I guess. I mean, I don't think there were 5 players in college better than you junior or senior year so thats fine.

What did you think of the Hammers logos? Which one did you like best?
I like that they do it that way. The best guys should be honored regardless of position in my opinion. In 2012 for instance, there were really no players in my eyes who were better than the five they chose. Green was maybe borderline, but I don't know who would have replaced him... maybe Zeller? Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. By the way, I'm loving the fact that you're attempting to put all of this into a single continuity, that's awesome, definitely an extra mile thing that puts this over the top.

I was a fan of #4. Reminds me a little bit of the old Pittsburgh Maulers logo from the USFL, which I like.

Last edited by mb625; 02-25-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #84
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
I like that they do it that way. The best guys should be honored regardless of position in my opinion. In 2012 for instance, there were really no players in my eyes who were better than the five they chose. Green was maybe borderline, but I don't know who would have replaced him... maybe Zeller? Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. By the way, I'm loving the fact that you're attempting to put all of this into a single continuity, that's awesome, definitely an extra mile thing that puts this over the top.

I was a fan of #4. Reminds me a little bit of the old Pittsburgh Maulers logo from the USFL, which I like.
My brain would go nuts if I didn't make it consistent. Because I have to have it make sense for some reason. The whole thing I like to think about this dynasty is really what I'm doing is constructing the basketball world in my image in the future. So to do that, it should all fit together. And since the Dynasty will have continuity, so will the players in the dynasty.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #85
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
My brain would go nuts if I didn't make it consistent. Because I have to have it make sense for some reason. The whole thing I like to think about this dynasty is really what I'm doing is constructing the basketball world in my image in the future. So to do that, it should all fit together. And since the Dynasty will have continuity, so will the players in the dynasty.
Well I love it. Creates natural rivalries between players, which is cool. Makes for a more interesting read.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3
Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

Personal

First Name: Terry

Last Name: Hope

Position: C

Play Style: All-Around

Secondary Position:

College/from: Villanova

Birth Date: 1-27- age 21

Jersey Number: 7, 0, 27

Handedness: Right

Dunking Hand: Either

Experience: 1 year at Villanova

Personality: game: Neutral

Play Initiator: (Yes/No) No

Bio: Born in Brooklyn, New York Terry had to deal with being a man at the age of 13. His dad had disappeared when he turned 2. He was known for always having a basketball with him wherever he went. He started playing AAU when he was 3, because his mom lied about his age. When he was 10 years old he was already 6'0, but rail thin. He was already seen on ESPN in the 7th grade because of his dominance in middle school. He was known for not saying much, but still had plenty of friends. When he was in high school he was 6'11. He dominated his four years averaging 33.9 ppg, 22.1 rpg, 4.5 apg, and 7.2 bpg. He became another New York high school phenom. He had lots of scholarship offers starting back to the 8th grade, but ultimately signed with Villanova. When he entered college he was 7'1. He dominated in college each and every game he played, except for the NCAA championship where he was getting no calls from the refs against UNC. The game caused his draft stock to fall off. It game made him never want to play another college game again. He left after 1 year, and moved to the street ball circuit until what would've been his junior season.

Physical

Height: 7'2

Weight: 258

Accessories

(Just List any accessories worn by your player)

Skills

3 Strengths strength , defense, athleticism

3 Weaknesses Free throws, mid range, quickness

Shot/Dribble Forms (all that you care about)

Other: Is very strong.

League: EBA

Team (Top 5 choices): Doesn't matter.

Last edited by BUCKSWEATSHIRT; 02-25-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #87
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Well I love it. Creates natural rivalries between players, which is cool. Makes for a more interesting read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSWEATSHIRT
Personal
First Name: Terry
Last Name: Hope
Position: C
Play Style: All-Around
Secondary Position:
College/from: Villanova
Birth Date: 1-27- age 19
Jersey Number: 7, 0, 27
Handedness: Right
Dunking Hand: Either
Experience: 1 year at Villanova
Personality: game: Neutral
Play Initiator: (Yes/No) No
Bio: Born in Brooklyn, New York Terry had to deal with being a man at the age of 13. His dad had disappeared when he turned 2. He was known for always having a basketball with him wherever he went. He started playing AAU when he was 3, because his mom lied about his age. When he was 10 years old he was already 6'0, but rail thin. He was already seen on ESPN in the 7th grade because of his dominance in middle school. He was known for not saying much, but still had plenty of friends. When he was in high school he was 6'11. He dominated his four years averaging 33.9 ppg, 22.1 rpg, 4.5 apg, and 7.2 bpg. He became another New York high school phenom. He had lots of scholarship offers starting back to the 8th grade, but ultimately signed with Villanova. When he entered college he was 7'1. He dominated in college each and every game he played, except for the NCAA championship where he was getting no calls from the refs against Duke. That game made him never want to play another college game again. He left after 1 year, and grew to 7'2 258 pounds.

Physical
Height: 7'2
Weight: 258

Accessories
(Just List any accessories worn by your player)

Skills

3 Strengths strength , defense, athleticism
3 Weaknesses Free throws, mid range, quickness
Shot/Dribble Forms (all that you care about)

Other: Is very strong.

League: EBA
Team (Top 5 choices): Doesn't matter.
Cool center prospect. Nice potential rival to the menacing big man that is Tyrone Marcus. But if you want him to have gone the the NCAA title game and lost, make it so he would have been a junior this past season had he stayed in, lost his freshman year to UNC while with Dre Douglas, and then decided to play street ball since he wanted no part of college ball any more and the bad game and referee interference caused his draft stock to slip to near 0. I'm trying to stick to continuity with all of the prospects.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Cool center prospect. Nice potential rival to the menacing big man that is Tyrone Marcus. But if you want him to have gone the the NCAA title game and lost, make it so he would have been a junior this past season had he stayed in, lost his freshman year to UNC while with Dre Douglas, and then decided to play street ball since he wanted no part of college ball any more and the bad game and referee interference caused his draft stock to slip to near 0. I'm trying to stick to continuity with all of the prospects.
Ok I'll change it up the next time I'm able to get to a computer

Sent from my Dreams and nightmares

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »