Home

Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #105
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
I don't know much about FIBA rules, but I guess I meant Eurobasket, because they won the European Basketball title with the Spanish national team. They went overseas to play. Point being, Goodwin's Spanish national team won. the club thing was fine.
That works for me.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #106
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
That works for me.
Yeah, good. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #107
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
Yeah, good. Sorry for the confusion.
Not a problem.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 AM   #108
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Personal (Face 13)
First Name: Leon
Last Name: Spïker
Position: PF
Play Style: Face-Up
Secondary Position SF
College/from: Switzerland
Birth Date: 04-06, 19
Jersey Number: 4, 6, 41
Handedness: Left
Dunking Hand: Left
Experience: Member of Swiss national team and Brose Baskets club since he was 16.
Personality: Neutral; doesn't say much, keeps to himself and performs on the court. Will rarely speak in the EBA because he doesn't know any english.
Play Initiator: Yes
Bio: Hailing from Switzerland, Leon Spïker is an interesting prospect. the 6'10" big has a sweet shooting stroke, and can do a little bit of everything offensively. He can pass, shoot, dribble, face up, post up, set screens, come off screens, anything. His versatile skill set is his biggest asset, as he is a below average defender, is a mediocre rebounder, and is not a great athlete. But he can play. He averaged 29 points a game for Brose Baskets, a German Euroleague club, and played for the Swiss National team, averaging 26.6 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 5.5 APG, and 48% from three. They got to the Quarter Finals of the Eurobasket tournament, but lost out to eventual runner-up France and their dominant behemoth originally from New Orleans, Tyrone Marcus. The NBA doesn't value him as much because of his lackluster athletic ability, but in the EBA, he could prove them wrong by showing off his offensive prowess. Some try to compare him to Dirk Nowitzki, but he is more versatile then Dirk, but not as talented as the German 7-footer was. He is really a more skilled Ryan Anderson, if you could even draw a comparison, because he is a unique skillset. The Swish Army knife could be one of the elite scorers in the EBA's first few years.

Physical
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 240

Accessories
None

Skills

3 Strengths
3-point shooting
Ball-Handling
Basketball IQ

3 Weaknesses
Athleticism
Defense
Rebounding

Shot/Dribble Forms: Kevin Garnett

Other: Nickname is the "Swish Army Knife", a play on his shooting touch, Swiss nationality, and offensive versatility.

League: EBA
Team (Top 5 choices): Any
Old 03-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Came up with another idea earlier today, if you're still interested in players
Personal
First Name: Luka
Last Name: Petrovic (Face 14)
Position: SG
Play Style: 3-Point (hopefully by now you see where I'm going with this. LOL)
Secondary Position (optional): SF
College/from: (can be from another country, street baller, semi pro leaguer, amateur tourney player, or anything else you can come up with) Croatia
Birth Date: (MM-DD, Age since I don't know what year it will be): June 7 (22 years old)
Jersey Number: (list 3 options) 3, 33, 93, (67)
Handedness: R
Dunking Hand: R
Experience: (Years in college, years in semi-pro, years on the Amateur Tourneys, etc.) 3 years in Spain with Real Madrid
Personality: (go as in depth as you'd like, but include the choice for the game: Laid Back, Neutral, Expressive, or Unpredictable) Neutral. Doesn't really fly off the handle. Is a leader, but a fairly silent one.
Play Initiator: (Yes/No) No
Bio: (again, as in depth as you'd like) His grandfather is Aleksandar Petrovic, older brother of the late Drazen Petrovic. Was the leading scorer with Real Madrid for his second and third season, hitting an impressive 45% from outside in his third season as Real won the EuroLeague championship, beating Galatasaray in a game in which Petrovic scored a game high 45 points. He led the Croatian National Team to the EuroBasket semifinals (beating Jasper Opoku's Great Britain squad in the quarters), falling to eventual champion Spain, but got revenge, beating Spain to secure an Olympic Bronze Medal, the country's first medal since Drazen Petrovic led the 1992 squad to a silver. He is coming to the NBA to follow in his great-uncle's footsteps.

Physical
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 190

Accessories
(Just List any accessories worn by your player)

Skills

3 Strengths: Shooting (3 pt., Mid-range), Defense, Passing
3 Weaknesses: Rebounding, making plays off the dribble, not the most athletic player on the floor (not completely unathletic, but has trouble defending the more athletic guys on the floor.)
Shot/Dribble Forms (all that you care about)

Other:

League: NBA
Team (Top 5 choices): Nets (whatever you decide to do with them), Portland, don't care beyond that.

As a Croatian and considering Petrovic is my favourite player of all-time (that bias though), I am so happy you did this :') <3

#ripcity

Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #110
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodar
As a Croatian and considering Petrovic is my favourite player of all-time (that bias though), I am so happy you did this :') <3
I love watching old tape of Petrovic. He's probably one of my favorites of all time as well. He had such a silky touch, great handles, could make fantastic things happen on the dribble (that's where Luka differs slightly) and was a brilliant passer. I can't help but feel a bit robbed, though (along with the whole basketball world of course) that I didn't get to see him with his prime. That's part of what inspired me to come up with Luka. What could Drazen have done with his remaining years in the NBA? He could have feasibly played at least 5 or 6 more years and could have made his case for being one of the greatest to ever play in the NBA. He was taken far too soon, and of the guys I wish I could have seen play in my lifetime, he's near the top of the list.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:46 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I love watching old tape of Petrovic. He's probably one of my favorites of all time as well. He had such a silky touch, great handles, could make fantastic things happen on the dribble (that's where Luka differs slightly) and was a brilliant passer. I can't help but feel a bit robbed, though (along with the whole basketball world of course) that I didn't get to see him with his prime. That's part of what inspired me to come up with Luka. What could Drazen have done with his remaining years in the NBA? He could have feasibly played at least 5 or 6 more years and could have made his case for being one of the greatest to ever play in the NBA. He was taken far too soon, and of the guys I wish I could have seen play in my lifetime, he's near the top of the list.

It is so true, was brilliant but could've been even better... Anyways it is going to good to see how Luka fairs in this basketball world!

#ripcity

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 05:52 AM   #112
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

My last batch of guys. Then I'll leave it up to you to fill in the remaining spots.

Personal

First Name: David
Last Name: Sparks
Position: PG
Play Style: Athletic
Secondary Position: SG
College/from: Ohio State
Birth Date: 08-07, 21
Jersey Number: 12, 16, 8
Handedness: Right
Dunking Hand: Right
Experience: 3 years at Ohio State
Personality: Expressive; a natural born leader meant to be a floor/field general (plays QB at OSU as well), as a commanding presence about him. Knows how to lead. Passionate about what he does and puts in max effort. The definition of a hard worker. Perfect locker room guy. Does have a slight ego, but you have to to excel as a top tier athlete.
Play Initiator: Yes
Bio: David Sparks is one of the greatest collegiate athletes ever. As a QB for the Buckeyes, he threw for over 10000 yards, 93 touchdowns, and just 11 interceptions while rushing for 3500 yards and 33 touchdowns in his three seasons, leading them to the last two national championship crowns and winning a Heisman Trophy, throng for 4371 yards, 41 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions while rushing for 1129 yards, and 14 touchdowns. Also, he is the starting first team all Big 10 point guard for the Buckeyes Basketball team. He burst onto the scene in his senior year at St. Edward's High School in Lakewood, Ohio. He averaged 27.7 PPG, 7.5 APG, 7.2 RPG, and 4.3 SPG. The team went undefeated and one the state championship. Going from a football only prospect to a guy who would be a top flight two sport athlete at one of the best college sports programs in America. As a three-year starter at Ohio State, he made 3 tournament appearances and one elite 8 berth in his sophomore season. His freshman season they were a one-and-done team. They started out hot, but fell off law in the year, landing them at 5th in the conference and a 13-seed, with Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota all ranking ahead of the Buckeyes. He had a good year, averaging 14.1 PPG, 6.7 APG, and 5.5 RPG. He, and the Buckeyes, improve dramatically in the second season, with the arrival of freshman sharpshooter DJ Adams. The dynamic backcourt led them all the way to an Sweet 16 Berth. This ended, however, to a loss to the division rival Spartans from MSU, in a game where he was bested by fellow Big 10 point guard Raymond Bradford. He and DJ returned for one final season, but they were out in the round of 32. This was his best individual season, averaging 19.6 PPG, 7.7 APG, 7.1 RPG, and 3.2 SPG. He was a first team All-Big 10 Point Guard that year and runner--up for Big 10 player of the year, behind Minnesota's Freshman Sensation DeAndre Parker (who will be in a future draft class), who is staying in school.

Physical
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 217

Accessories
Sleeve Left Arm
Knee Braces

Skills

3 Strengths
Athleticism
Ball Handling/Passing
Finishing
3 Weaknesses
Shooting Touch
Over-Agressive Defensively
Will he play basketball? Likely a top 5 pick in the premier American sports league, the NFL.

Shot/Dribble Forms Dwyane Wade

Other: 2-time national champion winning QB, Heisman trophy winner, and likely top 5 draft pick.

Team (Top 5 choices): Columbus, any team that coincides with the NFL team he's drafted to, he will only play if he can do so while playing football.

Personal

First Name: DJ
Last Name: Adams
Position: SG
Play Style: 3-Point
Secondary Position SF
College/from: Ohio State
Birth Date: 12-22, 20 years old
Jersey Number: 3, 33, 27
Experience: 2 years at Ohio State
Personality: Neutral; quality locker-room guy, part of the strong, high-character program OSU put together the last few years. Just goes out there and does his job and outs in max effort, but doesn't do the talking, lets his play do it for him. Fun guy off the court, great teammate.
Play Initiator: No
Bio: David Sparks' running mate for OSU's backcourt the last two seasons, DJ Adams can shoot the ball as good as anyone in the nation. Coming from an unheralded high school but leading them on a Cinderella run in the Ohio High School basketball State tournament, which ended in the quarterfinals vs. David Sparks dominant St. Edward's team. This was in his junior season, in which he averaged 24 PPG and hit 46% of his threes. He had his best game vs St. Edwards, scoring 58 points and catching then-OSU commit Sparks' attention. It was then that he an Sparks decided that once they were both graduated to team up at OSU. Sparks headed to Columbus, but Adams had another season left. While postseason success didn't come this year, individual accolades did. He averaged 33 PPG on 67% Shooting and 55% from three his senior year and was a High School All-American. He went on to have good success as the 2-guard at OSU. He averaged 16 PPG and 3 APG in his first season, and in his second he averaged 17 PPG, and 5 APG. He was a 49% three point shooter in his college career and 93% foul shooter. While not the same prospect that David Sparks is, he provides a scorer and floor-spacer from the get-go and will make a team very happy.

Physical
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 188

Accessories

Skills

3 Strengths
3 point shooting
Basketball IQ
Free Throws

3 Weaknesses
Ball Handling/Shot Creation/ISO play
Athleticism
Defense

Shot/Dribble Forms: JJ Redick

Other:

Team (Top 5 choices): Columbus, Cincinnati, Iowa, Empire State, Louisville

Personal

First Name: Demaris
Last Name: Harper
Position: PF
Play Style: Athletic
Secondary Position: N/A
College/from: UCF
Birth Date: 05-14, 22 years old
Jersey Number: 32, 34, 00
Experience: 4 years at UCF
Personality: Unpredictable; blows up at times, a passionate guy, almost to a fault.One second seems fine, the next he's screaming in your face. Potentially a Multiple Personality disorder. Gets a lot of techs and flagrants from his angry play style.
Bio: One of the more polarizing prospects in college basketball, Harper is an athletic freak. Strong as an Ox, he bullies opposing players in the lane. He also has an excellent ability to run the floor and score in transition. In the same class as Kurtis Holden, he had high expectations on him as the man who could rival Holden for supremacy. He never lived up to these expectations. The Oviedo, Florida prospect had offers from Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Syracuse, and FSU on the table, but unexpectedly chose to go to UCF, citing he wanted to stay close to home to support his mother, who he revealed had been diagnosed with Leukemia. She would pass away 3 months later. His Dad was not around, leaving his mother when he was 6. He became an angry, mentally troubled individual. Some believe he has developed some form of psychosis from his traumatic upbringing. Once he got to UCF, he was suspended the first 6 games of his freshman season after getting in a fight with another student on campus and severely injuring him. Once he returned, things got ugly. He fouled out in 4 of his first 9 games, and in two others he was ejected for flagrants or Technicals. In this stretch he averaged just 8 points and 7 rebounds a game. He would turn it around after that, scoring over 15 points in his next 6 games. He would continue to go through good an bad stretches. He ended the season averaging 10.2 PPG, 8.4 RPG, and 1.9 BPG. UCF failed to make the tournament, finishing 15-16 on the year. They would not make the tournament next season either, finishing 12-17 and struggling mightily this season. He continued to be a maddeningly inconsistent player, having great games (33PTS-22REB-11BLK game vs Louisville) and terrible games (3PTS, 8REB, 2 BLK on 3/23 shooting against UCONN) he finished the season with 13 total games not finished, 9 though foul outs, and 4 through ejections. He averaged 11 PPG, 9 RPG, and 2 BPG in his sophomore season. His junior season was cut short by a season ending torn tricep injury int the second game of the year. UCF had its worst season in his 4 years there, going 7-24. He came Back in his senior season and it was his best. UCF went 19-12, and made the tournament for the first time in his time as a Knight. HE fouled out only 4 times that year, and was ejected only once. He averaged 14 PPG, 13 RPG, and 4 BPG that year, including a big game against UNC, where he and Kurtis Holden battled it out before they both fouled out with 2 minutes left. He had 27 points, 18 rebounds, and 4 blocks at the time. Kurtis Holden had 29 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks. UCF played spoiler and handed UNC its only regular season loss. UNC would battle UCF one more time that year, in the round of 32 as No.1 seed UNC would defeat No.9 UCF in the round of 32. Holden had 23 points, 17 rebounds, 13 assists, and 11 blocks. This made him the third player to ever achieve a quadruple double in college basketball history, and the first big man. Harper fought back strong, scoring 27 points, 15 rebounds, 9 blocks, and 6 assists. the final score was 83-77 UNC. While he never lived up to the hype nor is he as good a player as Holden, he had some flashes of greatness, and could be a guy that becomes a much better pro than we expect, especially if he is strong and talented enough to go toe-to-toe with Kurtis Holden.

Physical
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 254

Accessories
Double Arm Sleeves, Headband

Skills

3 Strengths
Athleticism
Rebounding
Dunking
3 Weaknesses
Low Post Game
Basketball IQ
Jump Shot

Shot/Dribble Forms: Blake Griffin

Other:

Team (Top 5 choices): Carolina, Tampa, Jacksonville, Birmingham, Nashville

Personal

First Name: Rodney
Last Name: Kane
Position: SF
Play Style: All-Around
College/from: Florida
Birth Date:11-17, 20
Jersey Number: 5, 15, 10
Experience: 2 years at UF
Personality: Laid Back; passive guy, doesn't really like to be a spotlight guy, but was forced into it. Not a leader. Gets the job done right, but has mental lapses at times.
Bio: Rodney Kane is an intriguing player. His body may not be ready for the pros, but he is still a great player and has produced well at Florida. He is a two-way guy who was the number one option on offense and covered the opponent's number one guy. He was a 4-star prospect out of high school, but broke-out in his freshman season in Gainesville, leading them to second in the SEC and a 20-11 record alongside sophomore center Marcus Collier. The NCAA Tournament was quiet for them, as they were ousted in the round of 32. He was named SEC freshman of the year, averaging 15.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG, and 2.1 APG. He followed that up with an even better sophomore season, in which he was named first-team All-SEC. He averaged 18.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 3.6 APG, and 1.9 SPG, leading the Gators to a 22-9 record and an SEC title. They again were beaten early in the tournament, but not to the fault of Kane, who had 37 points in their last game. This would be his, and Collier's, last game in a Gators' Uniform.

Physical
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 215

Accessories

Skills

3 Strengths
Shooting off the dribble/Shot creation
length/athleticism
perimeter defense, can guard 3 positions effectively

3 Weaknesses
Strength
Assertiveness, to passive, needs to force the issue and get to the rack more as he is a good slasher
Playmaking ability, setting up his teammates.

Shot/Dribble Forms: Paul George

Other:

Team (Top 5 choices): Any

Personal

Marcus Collier.jpg

First Name: Marcus
Last Name: Collier
Position: C
Play Style: Defensive
College/from: Florida
Birth Date: 09-09, 21
Jersey Number: 34, 43, 15
Handedness: Right
Dunking Hand: Right
Experience: 3 years at UF
Personality: Laid Back; looks almost dopey on the court. Just goes out and is a big clumsy lug. Has a lot of potential, but may not have the work ethic. Struggled with weight issues his freshman year. Underachiever. Butwhen he is on and concentrated, he has real talent.
Bio: How the Mighty have fallen. Once considered at top flight prospect and potential star, Marcus Collier will have an uphill battle to fight his way back to what he was supposed to be. A 5-Star recruit in high school he was supposed to be a great big man, one of many in a great litter of them. Alas, it was never to be. He came in his freshman season overweight, weighing in excess of 325 pounds. He was forced to play a limited bench role for most of the season before hitting his stride late in the year, and allowing UF to get the last Tournament spot before losing its play-in game. He ended the year averaging just 4.9 PPG and 6.3 RPG. He improved his sophomore year, with the arrival of Rodney Kane. They led the team to another tournament bid. He averaged 8.8 PPG, 11.3 RPG, and 2.1 BPG. In his last year as a Gator, he averaged 10.1 PPG, 11.7 RPG, and 2.4 BPG, but was maddeningly inconsistent. He showed enough flashes to save face after his debacle of a freshman year. He hopes to be able to redeem himself in the EBA, and become the star he was supposed to be in Gainesville.

Physical
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 285

Accessories
Headband
Double shot sleeves

Skills

3 Strengths
Strength
Rebounding
Low-Post Defense
3 Weaknesses