Home

Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #25
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Time To Shake Things Up: A New Breed Of Dynasty: Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGravyBoat
On TV channels/broadcasting.
I say we sign a major deal ESPN 8 "the Ocho" to broadcast as many games as possible.
I also believe that maybe we have a EBA vs NBA Superfinal every two years. The EBA champion plays the NBA champion. For the allstar weekend we have a dunk contest and the Allstar game only.
ESPN 8: The Ocho, now featuring, a senile Chad Johnson as its lead host. lol

I have a plan for an NBA/EBA champ game, but for the first year only, and its for a different reason. The Superfinal idea is cool, but when would it be? The end of one season is the start of the next for each league, so you couldn't say when it would be the right time.

All star weekend is 4 days long probably. Is there any other content we could put in that time? I don't think there will be trades or free agency the first few seasons so there is no need for a trade deadline by the way, so that couldn't be in all star weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #26
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGravyBoat
Personal
First Name: Jay
Last Name: Greyvenstein
Position: SG
Play Style: Athletic
Secondary Position (optional)
College/from: Butler
Birth Date: 13-12 20 years old
Jersey Number: (list 3 options) 71,13,17
Handedness: Right
Dunking Hand: Right
Experience: Spent 1 year in college before being kicked out for a DUI and possession of marijuana with a blood alcohol level of 0.20 and driving 30 MPH over the limit.
Personality: Unpredictable. Went to therapy but still can have rage.
Play Initiator: Yes
Bio: After being kicked out of Butler he hit the streets playing street ball with his gang. He was offered a contract by Milwaukee Bucks and played in the NBA-D league. After fighting with a teammate he was released and never signed with a team. He then again hit the streets and heard about the EBA he contacted many teams and is waiting for a call.

Physical
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 203

Accessories
Compression Sleeve
D Rose shoes

Skills

3 Strengths
shot off dribble
3pt shot
Alley loops/ Dunking
3 Weaknesses
Rebounding
Passing
Free Throws
Shot/Dribble Forms (all that you care about)
I don't really care about forms

League: EBA
Team (Top 5 choices):
1. Brooklyn
2. Baltimore
3. Las Vegas
4. Jacksonville
5. Vancouver
What is this 13th month you speak of?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #27
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Date's the other way around in Canada, I'm originally from the US so I do both, he's saying December 13th.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #28
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Date's the other way around in Canada, I'm originally from the US so I do both, he's saying December 13th.
Oh that's right. America's weird and we do everything backwards from the rest of the world just 'cuz. Okay. So December 13th. Got it.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #29
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

So, I've decided to take it upon myself to connect the dots between the prospects, since my backstories connected them when I described the careers of my players in college.

UNC had a dominant four year stretch where they won 3 of 4 national championships in the 4 years that Kurtis Holden was in Chapel Hill. He beat out Julius Goodwin's Michigan State squads twice in those four years, and in his freshman season, defeated UCLA and there dominant back-court tandem of Justin Darlington III and Alexandre Nash (created by OS user Dodar) in the National Championship game. In the second year they went on to beat the freshman stud, Dre Douglas, and his upstart Villanova squad. Nash moved on to the And 1 circuit from UCLA after his second year, and Darlington III did as well after his second year. Goodwin went off to Euro Ball. The next year was not a successful for Holden, he was knocked out in the Final 4, by Oregon. They had just beaten the Butler squad led by Jay Greyvenstein, who would later be kicked off of Butler and now is waiting for a shot at redemption in the upstart EBA, in the Elite 8. Freshman SF Adam Hamilton had started to make waves at Wake Forest, but they were shut down in the Sweet 16 by the eventual National Championship runner-up Kentucky, who beat in-state rival Louisville and Junior Guard Joey Martin in the Elite 8, led by Sophomore shooting guard Andrell Anderson. Indiana State made a Cinderella run to the Sweet 16 before being shut down by Butler. Indiana State was led by 5'9" point guard Earl Carter, who was looking like a figure skater throughout the tournament with the way he put defenders on skates. Raymond Bradford stayed at MSU even after Julius Goodwin had moved on. He led them to an Elite 8 berth before losing to Duke, who would lose to Kentucky in the final four. Duke would regroup after bringing in dynamic foreign wing Terri Rudi of Scotland. They would make the tournament and be out in the sweet 16. Dominant high school star Adam Cameron joined Syracuse, who went on to go to the Elite 8 before being cut off by Sophomore Adam Hamilton and the Demon Deacons, who would go on to beat Junior Guard Dre Douglas' Villanova team in the Final 4 and lose to UNC for the National Title. Joey Martin burst onto the scene as a senior after the Elite 8 berth las season, but it was to no avail as they did not qualify for the tournament due to the lack of talent around him as 6 seniors graduated prior to the year. Kentucky Fell apart after Andrell left to join former high school teammate Julius Goodwin in Spain, where they combined to win the Spanish National championship for Barcelona, then they were selected to the National team where they tore through the Euro Ball tournament and won the Euroleague title for Spain.

I think that just about covers it. Any questions?

I'm editing in Joey Martin.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 02-24-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Joey Martin
Old 02-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Not really, great look at the backstories!
Can't wait to get started!! (When do we start?)
Old 02-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #31
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Not really, great look at the backstories!
Can't wait to get started!! (When do we start?)
The start of this dynasty is pretty far off, because I still have a lot of things to hash out. Also, this isn't an interactive CAP dynasty. You guys may have some say in your players career, but mostly I needed players.

Now in terms of interactivity, that brings me to my next question.

Do you guys want to each have a team that your in control of? Like more of an interactive GM dynasty where each of you can have an EBA, and we'll fill out the league. I can't have a team because I'd be running the league. This means we'd need 30 committed OS users. And it would not be that exciting since the first few years there may or may not be free agency, or even trades. I don't know if a brand new league can handle that kind of instability, nor will it have the financial power to deal with that. So until probably year 5, there wouldn't be much to do other than handling line-ups and such.

Also, should we have free agency? Can the EBA handle it out of the gate? What about trades? How do we decide who's on what team? Is it by draft? How do you decide the order?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #32
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraedenG33
The start of this dynasty is pretty far off, because I still have a lot of things to hash out. Also, this isn't an interactive CAP dynasty. You guys may have some say in your players career, but mostly I needed players.

Now in terms of interactivity, that brings me to my next question.

Do you guys want to each have a team that your in control of? Like more of an interactive GM dynasty where each of you can have an EBA, and we'll fill out the league. I can't have a team because I'd be running the league. This means we'd need 30 committed OS users. And it would not be that exciting since the first few years there may or may not be free agency, or even trades. I don't know if a brand new league can handle that kind of instability, nor will it have the financial power to deal with that. So until probably year 5, there wouldn't be much to do other than handling line-ups and such.

Also, should we have free agency? Can the EBA handle it out of the gate? What about trades? How do we decide who's on what team? Is it by draft? How do you decide the order?
You run a 30-team control dynasty with EBA teams. Reserve clause in effect for the first 3 years in the league. You pick what team we're on. You ask us about, for example, if we want to play through a light injury, or if our team wants to trade us where we'd go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »