Home

Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8]

This is a discussion on Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8]

Back on the winning side after the loss to the JMU Dukes

UP NEXT:
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #34
Rookie

I'm pleasantly surprised to come off with an "easy" victory against a team which I admit have always given me fits since I arrived at Hofstra. Northeastern for some reason simply plays us rough but tonight was our night and we won handidly.

UP NEXT:
Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #35
Rookie

sweet sweet revenge!!

having lost to the conference-leading Dukes of JMU, it was nice to serve them this beatdown. Nobody in my Pride had a breakaway game but everyone played well and more importantly, played frenetic defense to shutting down the Dukes.

UP NEXT:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #36
Rookie

Twice I've faced the VCU Rams and this is the 2nd time I've lost to them. Our last meeting was a nail-biter where VCU edged us by just 1 point. This time around was still a close-game.. but definitely not pleased losing twice to VCU this late in the season where positioning and momentum is everything.

WITH two weeks left in the season, let's take a look at the Colonial Conference Standings

James Madison continues to sit atop the Colonial with my Pride a close 2nd. At this point I'm pretty much certain that I'll get in to the Conference Tournament to compete for the Colonial Championship and the automatic NCAA Bid. I have to win the Conference Title because even projected brackets, as it stands currently, is not in my favor.. being a MidMajor school, without being the conference champion it is extremely difficult being selected for the NCAA Tournament

UP NEXT: 2 weeks left in this seaosn! do or die time!!

Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #37
Rookie

We needed this win. This late in the season positioning for the conference championship as well as vying for an ncaa bid.. we needed this win against Towson!

It may be "just" a 3pt win but i am proud of the way my Pride held off a furious Towson rally at the end and secured the W!

UP NEXT:
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #38
Rookie

Not Happy.

Not Happy At All. That pretty much sums things up right now.. even though we're positioned well entering the Colonial Tournament, the fact of the matter is the youth of my team is definitely showing right now where we can't seem to pull off a winning streak. W - L - W - L like a yo-yo is pretty much how this season is going in Conference play..

UP NEXT:
Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Well it might not be the season you were hoping for 21-7 with Hofstra is a pretty solid year. Heck I consider anything over 20 wins a pretty fantastic season. But it would be nice to know you can string together some W's going into the conference tourney and NCAA tournament because there is nothing worse then being a 1 and done. (Well maybe not ever getting there in the first place)
Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Well it might not be the season you were hoping for 21-7 with Hofstra is a pretty solid year. Heck I consider anything over 20 wins a pretty fantastic season. But it would be nice to know you can string together some W's going into the conference tourney and NCAA tournament because there is nothing worse then being a 1 and done. (Well maybe not ever getting there in the first place)
yeah man considering and knowing my coaching skills and recruiting "prowess" (as much as i can call it prowess being in a midmajor of course), i pretty much know i'm going to have 20+ win seasons yearly that's the kind of program i have going right now but my problem is bigger picture

I want to make the NCAA Tourney and see how far my team can go.. but at this rate you're right.. 1 and done does nothing for me.. honestly, my goal is win it all but i would be ecstatic if i can make Sweet Sixteen being a midmajor team

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »