Home

Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8]

This is a discussion on Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Tough loss, but like Vols says hopefully it will make you excited about next season. When I got the GU job I said I wasn't leaving until I won a NC. Then in Year 1 I almost did it. At first the loss to Ok State hurt but now I am glad I didn't win it yet. So far this season has been fun. Granted I still have a ways to go.
thanks, honestly though bro i'm not pleased at all..

hahaha, i mean realistically.. this being my first recruiting class, i knew i wasn't.. "there" yet in terms of developing the program

but i def expected to win the colonial and make the ncaa.. making the NIT and then being eliminated from the NIT so early..

just not happy with that still, it's a whole new season to look forward to and i am only losing 2 seniors while keeping my team intact.. so definitely looking forward to this coming season
Old 03-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #58
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuchToLearn
thanks, honestly though bro i'm not pleased at all..

hahaha, i mean realistically.. this being my first recruiting class, i knew i wasn't.. "there" yet in terms of developing the program

but i def expected to win the colonial and make the ncaa.. making the NIT and then being eliminated from the NIT so early..

just not happy with that still, it's a whole new season to look forward to and i am only losing 2 seniors while keeping my team intact.. so definitely looking forward to this coming season
The beauty of a frustrating season ending loss is it adds to the motivation to develop the program further. Turn disappointment into drive.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
The beauty of a frustrating season ending loss is it adds to the motivation to develop the program further. Turn disappointment into drive.
thanks bro as i said before i wasn't expecting much considering this was my very first year with my own recruiting class..

however, now that they've had a year under me as a coach, i am fully expecting a much better season (20+ wins again) not to mention the NCAA BID and perhaps.. Nationally ranked?!

hey.. it can happen!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #60
Rookie

Post Re: Do not go gently into the night #PRIDE! [CH2K8]

UPDATED MY RECRUIT SUMMARY AND PROGRESSION

2043-44 RECRUITS
PG Christopher Milton - 3 star - B pot
--- 71ovr - Redshirted (freshman)
--- 74ovr (sophomore)

Career Totals: 4.6 PPG | 1.5 RPG | 2.2 APG | 0.5 SPG | 0.0 BPG
Career Highs: 14 pts | 3 reb | 7 ast | 2 stl | 1 blk | 23 mins

PF Jason Mance - 5star - All-American - Mr. Basketball VT - B pot
--- 78 ovr (freshman)
----- Freshman All Conference
--- 82 ovr (sophomore)

Career Totals: 8.8 PPG | 7.1 RPG | 1.1 APG | 1.2 SPG | 0.9 BPG
Career Highs: 25 pts | 14 reb | 3 ast | 5 stl | 3 blk | 32 mins

C Sead Foster - 4star - A pot
--- 76 ovr (freshman)
----- Freshman All Conference
----- Conference Freshman of the Year
--- 81 ovr (sophomore)

Career Totals: 8.9 PPG | 7.9 RPG | 1.1 APG | 1.0 SPG | 1.0 BPG
Career Highs: 24 pts | 17 reb | 3 ast | 5 stl | 3 blk | 31 mins

2044-45 Committed Recruits Summary:

PG Dragutin Vaitiekus - 5 star: He is a playmaking point guard which fits my style perfectly.. Sadly, I have an excess of PG's right now so I will have to Redshirt him and he'll have to sit this year out As much as I want to see him out there playing.. I just have too many G's as it is.

C Noah Guiang - 4 star: he isn't that tall being only 6'8" but scouts projected him as being a tenacious rebounder. Considering I have a developing force at C with Sead Foster, Noah Guiang is the perfect person to back him up!

2044-45 Hofstra Pride
#NAMEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
20N. DickeyPG6'0173JRNew York
45J. MancePF6'9216SOVermont
53S. FosterC7'0229SOPennsylvania
4M. WatersPG5'8175RS SOMassachusetts
55B. BirleyPF6'6264JRNew York
54N. GuiangC6'8231FRIllinois
24D. ValtiekusPG6'1186FRCalifornia
35S. FosterSG6'3186JRCalifornia
33J. StoneSF6'6214SRNew York
12C. MiltonPG6'6216RS FRNew York

Hofstra Pride Depth Chart - 2044-45
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGN. Dickey 83 ovrM. Waters 80C. Milton 74D. Vaitiekus 77
SGS. Foster 77 ovr
SFJ. Stone 76 ovr
PFJ. Mance 82 ovrB. Birley 80
CS. Foster 81 ovrN. Guiang 78

UP NEXT: 2044-45 Season Begins!!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #61
Rookie

First game. First win of the season! Easy game for my Pride as we simply steamrolled a team which we honestly should!

My prized recruit Jason Mance had a great game which is what I am hoping will be the standard for the season. He was definitely more assertive and I just hope it continues.. he has all the tools to be a superstar! Just needs the proper aggressive mindset..

RECRUITING TARGETS:

Feeling great that right off the bat I have several SF seemingly interested in my program I definitely need to recruit a SF and a SG considering those are key priorities for me for my team next season.

Definitely going to make the All-American, Mr. Basketball SF Albert Thibodeaux my main priority.. I know I will have competition for him but I also know I have a legitimate shot at getting him.

SF Pardon and SG Takahashi will be my next priorities as I have 4 open Scholarships.. I definitely need to boost my teams in the SF and SG positions.

UP NEXT:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #62
Rookie

A non-conference tournament has begun and up first is the 22nd Nationally Ranked Memphis Tigers. This was a great game as my squad did not back down even though facing a "better talented" and ranked team in a tournament.

What I liked about this game is that we had the lead from the getgo and never let up no matter what kind of run Memphis put together.

Center Sead Foster is developing into quite a player. He wasn't my "Star" recruit but he's developing incredibly well and another massive game pulling down 17 rebounds. Ironically.. he projects and has actual NBA Draft Buzz whereas my prized 5star All-American Mr. Basketball recruit PF Jason Mance does not..

UP NEXT: Non-Conference Tournament game vs Maryland Terrapins
Old 03-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #63
Rookie

Absolutely destroyed Maryland in this 2nd non-conference tournament game. Definitely feels good to do this against a team from a Power conference. Mid-Major or not my Pride can definitely run with the big boys!!

UP NEXT: Non-Conference Tournament Final Round vs Georgia Bulldogs

Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #64
Rookie

Not gonna lie. It feels GREAT to win this non-conference tournament in the fashion we did. After such a dissapointing year this past season, it just feels good to win a tournament and do it against 2 nationally ranked teams and against Major and Power conference competition.

I knew that my team this year is much improved than last years' squad and am definitely excited of our season prospects!!

Sophomore C Sead Foster is quickly becoming my favorite player. Even though he's only a "4 star" recruit and wasn't heralded as much as my "5 star All-American Mr. Basketball" PF Jason Mance, Sead is a genuine 7 footer and plays aggressively. He had yet another double double leading my team to this win against Georgia.

No wonder he is starting to garner some NBA draft buzz!! (dark horse)

RECRUITING BOARD UPDATE:

Albert Thibodeaux so far is highly interested in Hofstra.. but with Tennessee so close to me and offering a scholarship as well.. I feel this will go down the wire as I will expend every single recruiting energy I have to try and secure this blue chip recruit in a position I am literally empty in!! I can offer him great coaching, incredible amount of playing time and can possibly develop him into a superstar and the NBA!! ...hopefully he picks my PRIDE!

Kenneth Pardon is yet another recruit I am currently ahead in.. but my competition here is the Michigan Wolverines. I might edge them out considering I have no SF's so playing time is all-but-guaranteed..

Tyler Perkins is another 7 footer C with muscle that I would love to get on my team.. but it's a longshot. I doubt I can get him but I have to try.. he projects that well for me.

UP NEXT:

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »