Home

Proud Philly | Rollin' on the Delaware River [NBA 2K14 | PS4]

This is a discussion on Proud Philly | Rollin' on the Delaware River [NBA 2K14 | PS4] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #41
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Proud Philly | Rollin' on the Delaware River [NBA 2K14 | PS4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Man so close to a win win for both teams I don't know I mean seems like maybe you just don't see the true value. You would be opening up a huge whole at PF for someone to get PT and prove their worth. Sometimes you just got to spin the negatives into positives.
I'm not 100% sure I understand this argument...what guy on my team are you thinking will step up?

My reasoning for why this trade would be bad for me...

If I trade my starting PF Thad Young, and since I also released backup PF Dante Cunningham, I'd have to play a stretch 4 as the starting PF (Early, Antetokounmpo, or Granger). All of those guys are really 3s and would get abused on the boards. You can get away with a stretch 4 for awhile in the NBA, but not for an entire season unless you have the personnel (shooting) to play Phoenix Suns style (which I do not). I wouldn't have any true PFs on my roster.

Now if I did trade for Chandler, that would also cause a depth chart problem with my young rookie starting center Nerlens Noel, who's been putting up about 10 and 10. Noel is a lot cheaper, younger, and more athletic than Chandler and is probably almost as good at this point. Plus Noel is still progressing too.

Suppose I did trade for Chandler and decided to move Noel to the 4 and go big--that might be interesting, but my team is already a very poor shooting team and that would be scoring suicide. Noel and Chandler can't shoot from outside of about 8 feet.

Besides, absorbing Chandler (and his $14MM salary instead of Thad's $9MM salary) would make it so that I may not be able to offer a max contract in the offseason. Guys like Rondo, Brook Lopez, Kyrie Irving, Mark Gasol, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Tony Parker may all be available. I would LOVE to get my hooks into one of those bigs to play PF (Love or Aldridge) or even Gasol or Lopez to play C and move Noel to PF. This would work because Gasol and Lopez can actually shoot, and could play a 4/5 hybrid.

I do have a move in mind for hauling in a very good PF, maybe in a trade, but it's too early in the season to really start wheeling and dealing--most significant deals come much closer to the deadline.

So, Deuce, if you have a compelling case for how dealing Thad Young for Chandler would help me out, I'd love to hear it! This team needs a lot of work, lol.

Thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 AM   #42
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Due to the sudden nature of the Dante Cunningham situation and needing to add depth at the 4, the Sixers have brought back a familiar face in 6'9" 255-pound Lavoy Allen. Allen was part of the Evan Turner/Danny Granger salary dump trade with the Pacers last season. Allen, the 4th year pro out of Temple, has career averages of 5.0 PPG and 4.7 RPG in 182 games. Allen's deal is a 1 year deal worth $1.86MM with a team option for a second year.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 04-08-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

76ers Get First Road Win In San Antonio
by Tom Sunnergren

Philadelphia 76ers 100 | 86 San Antonio Spurs

SAN ANTONIO - NOVEMBER 20: Sixers reserves walk off the court after the win.

Philadelphia 76ers (3-10) at San Antonio Spurs (3-8)
Nov 20, 20141234Final
Philadelphia27222724100
San Antonio2423211886
Top Performers
Philadelphia 76ers
Michael Carter-Williams - 25 PTS | 9 AST | 7 REB | (+5)
Tyshawn Taylor - 17 PTS | 4 REB | 2 AST | (+17)
San Antonio Spurs
Tony Parker - 19 PTS | 9 AST | (-11)
Tiago Splitter - 12 PTS | 18 REB | 3 AST | (-4)
Team Stats Comparison
PHISAS
FG Made-Att38-87 (44%)32-75 (43%)
3PT Made-Att9-18 (50%)9-24 (38%)
FT Made-Att15-22 (68%)13-19 (68%)
Rebounds5653
Assists2621
Turnovers311
Steals82
Blocks72
Philadelphia 76ers
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
PG Michael Carter-Williams338-162-47-97931125
SG Tyshawn Taylor305-95-70-04201117
SF Andrew Wiggins304-80-14-46310112
PF Thaddeus Young304-190-01-3131109
C Henry Sims295-80-00-011121010
San Antonio Spurs
STARTERSMINFG3PTFTREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
PG Tony Parker378-221-32-41901319
SG Manu Ginobili333-102-74-63100212
SF Kawhi Leonard434-83-53-49001214
PF Boris Diaw171-30-10-0111002
C Tiago Splitter346-90-00-018310012

By the Numbers: 3. The Sixers committed 3 turnovers in their 3rd win of the season.

Quote of the Game: “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
-- Ernest Hemingway

Parting Shots: Michael Carter-Williams stuffed the stat sheet with a near triple double. MCW scored 25 points, hauled down 7 rebounds, dished out 9 assists, and also racked up 3 steals, 1 block, and 2 3's going up against Tony Parker.

Shooting guard Tyshawn Taylor somewhat vindicated Pete Myers' decision to start him again; Taylor responded with a bounce back game in outplaying Manu Ginobili while scoring 17 points and hitting 5 treys.

Backup center Henry Sims actually started in place of the injured Nerlens Noel and responded with a double double.

The Duncan-less Spurs rode Tiago Splitter (12 points and 18 rebounds), but came up short. Their poor shooting, fewer possessions, and inability to add ball pressure cost them dearly.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 04-09-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I was jut joking. that trade was horrible. I am not personally a NBA guy, in fact the last time I played a NBA game was 2k8, so I could download my College guys.

Trade logic seems a little whack, but at then again when have you ever see a trade that seems fair or good for both teams. Unless both teams feels like they are getting the upper hand, it typically doesn't go down.

The one exception might be when it involves draft picks, like if a team doesn't have a must have player when their pick comes up, and they trade down to acquire more picks.

Good luck with your rebuild though, landing Wiggins gives you a nice piece in the process and you Young and Noels seem like they would be other decent pieces to the puzzle as well, but landing a bigtime PG would be huge for you, as long as it's not a shoot first PG like Iverson was, however Carter-Williams seems to be playing pretty well for you right now.

From the box scores you team seems to be in need of a couple 3pt shooters.

Maybe you could swing a deal to bring Kyle Korver back to Philly or a blockbuster deal to get Klay Thompson from the Warriors (I am a big WSU Cougar fan), so I I did play 2k14, I would probably run with the Warriors because of Thompson and Curry
Old 04-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #45
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

UTAH WAT R U DOIN?!?

Passing on Parker to get Smart?

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 AM   #46
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I was jut joking. that trade was horrible. I am not personally a NBA guy, in fact the last time I played a NBA game was 2k8, so I could download my College guys.

Trade logic seems a little whack, but at then again when have you ever see a trade that seems fair or good for both teams. Unless both teams feels like they are getting the upper hand, it typically doesn't go down.

The one exception might be when it involves draft picks, like if a team doesn't have a must have player when their pick comes up, and they trade down to acquire more picks.

Good luck with your rebuild though, landing Wiggins gives you a nice piece in the process and you Young and Noels seem like they would be other decent pieces to the puzzle as well, but landing a bigtime PG would be huge for you, as long as it's not a shoot first PG like Iverson was, however Carter-Williams seems to be playing pretty well for you right now.

From the box scores you team seems to be in need of a couple 3pt shooters.

Maybe you could swing a deal to bring Kyle Korver back to Philly or a blockbuster deal to get Klay Thompson from the Warriors (I am a big WSU Cougar fan), so I I did play 2k14, I would probably run with the Warriors because of Thompson and Curry
Yep. I need shooting. And rebounding. And size. And athleticism. And a go-to scorer. And....you get the idea!

Realistically, Klay is definitely not going anywhere soon. Korver is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if ATL would let him go. I am actually thinking of signing Hollis Thompson back, who is a young marksman (89 rating in 3 pointers).
Old 04-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #47
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

get rondo and love
Old 04-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #48
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
get rondo and love
I can guarantee you that I will be going hard after one of those players when the time is right...would LOVE to have one of them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »