Home

King of the Hill (Kentucky HS basketball dynasty) (FBCB)

This is a discussion on King of the Hill (Kentucky HS basketball dynasty) (FBCB) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: King of the Hill (Kentucky HS basketball dynasty) (FBCB)

Updates every minute - View full tournament
Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #34
Rookie

LET'S CHECK ON OUR RECRUITING AS WE APPROACH THE SIGNING DEADLINE

Jess Barton, PF, Vine Grove (4*)
Kobe Bishop, SF, Ballard (2*)
Marlin Coleman, SG, Covington Catholic (2*)
Nelly Philpot, PG, Apollo (3*)
-------
SEPTEMBER
Jess Barton has an offer from Kentucky. Ohio State and Tennessee are both interested as his list is down to three now, but neither offered a schollie. A month later, Kentucky still sat #1 and 2/3 remained the same. Pitt and Georgetown were added to the Top 5 after just starting with three.

Nelly Philpot has offers from Louisville, Tennessee Tech & Evansville. Indiana and Vanderbilt round out his top five. Nelly gave his verbal to Louisville in October, giving that team a potential lethal in-state combo if he ends up signing with the players we've already sent there from this dynasty.

Kobe Bishop has offers from Central Kentucky, Morehead and SE Missouri State. SIU Edwardsville and Eastern Kentucky round out his top five. He narrowed his list to two, when Morehead offered him a schollie to go with Central's.

Marlin Coleman has an offer from Kentucky A&T, Miami (OH), Detroit, Indiana State and Valparaiso round out his top 5. He shrunk his list down to 3, with A&T leading the pack in October.

And now signing day!

Spoiler
Old 04-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #35
Rookie

Actually Tony Patrick reappeared on the Ohio State roster when I thought we lost him. Not sure how that happened, but no matter, I've decided to edit the name of the Jr with the same name on the Louisville roster. He'll now be Devante Patrick, the older brother of Tony Patrick by a year. Should be a juicy storyline if the two teams manage to meet in the post-season.
FBCB/FBPB3 Mods
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 PM   #36
Rookie

We're not going to include Devante Patrick in our recalling of the players we're following because he's basically a duplicate.

Let's see how everyone's season went:

Tito Campos, DUKE
Duke lost in the NCAA finals to Colorado.
Spoiler

Tony Patrick LOUISVILLE
Ohio State got upset in the 1st round by 15th seeded UC Irvine

Spoiler

Jimmy Higgins LOUISVILLE
Louisville lost in the Sweet 16 to eventual national champion Colorado.

Spoiler

Henry Street INDIANA
Indiana was upset by 14th seeded Jacksonville State
Spoiler

John Ebner CKU
Central Kentucky finished the year 16-14 and lost to Morehead State in the 1st round of the OVC tournament.

Spoiler

Brian Pace MURRAY STATE
Murray State lost in the 1st round of the CIT to Hofstra.

Spoiler

Daniel Rodgers ILLINOIS
Illinois lost in the 2nd round of the NCAAs to eventual champion Colorado

Spoiler

So about what we expected in terms of our elite guys playing on a really high level nationally, while our mid-tier and low-level guys are closer to the norm. I think in terms of bringing new guys over, I'm going to bring over fewer elite guys and more of those 3-star types in most seasons. This class has me excited though to see how our incoming freshman from this last high school season do in college.

For this next season, rather than pre-create the recruits as we've done before, I'm going to replace some players who haven't been recruited during the spring recruiting season (January-March), edit a few of them with our recruits and see where they end up. It'd be interesting if mid-majors get them or if a major conference team manages to have a scholarship left over waiting for one of them, but it might be a nice way to spread the wealth a bit, but also to see if a solid player from Kentucky -- even a five star guy -- can have an impact on a high level for a lower tiered program.

What this means is, I can sim through the college season to around January or so and then go back to high school and almost run them parallel for the first time.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #37
Rookie

megarover's Arena

OVR: 0

The kids coming out of Kentucky seem to play like genuine stars. Apollo HS in particular might as well be Oak Hill Academy.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarover
The kids coming out of Kentucky seem to play like genuine stars. Apollo HS in particular might as well be Oak Hill Academy.
Yeah...it's a little unrealistic, but since I don't have an Oak Hill in the game at least it sorta works as a state. But I did intend for the next season to make sure that we're only importing the occasional elite players and leaving the bulk of our prospects to the 2-3 star guys because it'll be more interesting to see if we get guys who end up becoming really good in college who maybe weren't as dominant in high school or Top 250 guys who become elite.
FBCB/FBPB3 Mods
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #39
Rookie

With a bunch of elite dudes already in the pipeline, the next few years I'd like to experiment with dudes who are not elite and who get inserted into the pool in January/February and then get recruited late. Should be interesting to see where they end up.

So we'll look at non-elite guys from successful teams.

1984-85 REGIONAL FINALS
REGION 1: Boyd County def. Atherton 92-83
REGION 2: Owen County def. Metcalfe County 90-66
REGION 3: Eastern def. Conner 84-73
REGION 4: East Jessamine def. Shelby County 65-54
REGION 5: Carlisle County def. Bracken County 77-48
REGION 6: Stovall South def. Ludlow 88-71
REGION 7: Burgin def. Walton-Vernon 86-84
REGION 8: Southern def. Glasgow 92-60
REGION 9: Mason Headley def. DuPont Manual 97-84
REGION 10: Bell County def. Lloyd Memorial 91-54
REGION 11: Knott County Central def. Lafayette 102-93
REGION 12: Highlands def. Bourbon County 85-76
REGION 13: Pikeville def. Greenwood 87-73
REGION 14: Knox Central def. Campbell County 83-80
REGION 15: Muhlenberg County def. Madison Central 86-78
REGION 16: Pulaski County def. Whitley County 89-70

Since two of my created high schools won their regions for the first time ever, I'm going to identify a player from each that we can put into the college process.

From Stovall South, here's SF Gerald Moorehead who didn't get to start until his senior year. Perfect guy to try to get recruited to a D1 program on a solid team.

Spoiler

Our 2nd and final recruit for this year -- we're going sparse this season -- is C Ethan Stockdale from Mason Headley High School in Lexington. He's not a fringe recruit, he'll get a lot of attention but I figure a big man is hard to find and at this point, we've established Kentucky as one of the best recruiting states in the country so we'll jsut go with it.

Spoiler

Ok, okay one more. Knott County Central are two years removed from a state title. Timothy Smith is a bit player on that team, but has played in games though he's never started. Seems like the perfect kind of guy who thinks because he played on a state champ that he ought to get a chance to play at a D1 school and maybe he can? I'd be curious to see who'd sign him.

Spoiler
Old 04-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #40
Rookie

Updates every minute - View full tournament

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »