Home

Ambition — Sam Truman

This is a discussion on Ambition — Sam Truman within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Ambition — Sam Truman

January 18th, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUPUIAthletics.edu
To: [email protected]

Hello Sam this is coach Hunter. I'm just letting you know we are still interested in your services on our team next year if you're interested. We are inviting you to our campus and will very willingly offer you a scholarship in the future.

By the way, good job with the 30 point performance last night. I see a ton of potential on you.

Thanks, coach Ron Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Indiana Spiece will start practice every Wednesday starting January 30th. We have have been invited and entered into extremely high competition tournaments and will also participate in the Nike EYBL, due to this, I expect our team to be experienced on a high level of basketball.

By now you should know but no player is guaranteed playing time, it will all be debated on how much work you put forth and your tournament performances.

Hope to see you there; forward this message to anyone else who will be interested in trying out for the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 07-08-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #18
All Star

beast10's Arena

Re: Ambition — Sam Truman

February 8th, 2008

Things were starting to get better with the team but some changes were happening as well. We had just finished with back to back game days and we won both which boosted our record to 11-6. I said things were changing however because this wasn't too much of Gordon's team at this point, and it wasn't much of mine either, it was starting to become Martin's … he had maybe one game the past two months and coach was starting to favor him more than anyone.

Not to say I was doing bad though,
I continued to give my all each and every game but the gameplan didn't have me shooting that much anymore. I had finished with 11 today which was an upgrade from yesterday's 7 points against Aaron Burr High.

I just didn't feel as if we had any freedom. I recalled how dad said coach Boone belonged in a youth league and I kind of agreed. Biasedly however, I just didn't really like playing for him because I'm not given that much freedom unless I really set myself apart early in the game - otherwise he'd substitute me for Cris who comes in and does nothing.

But I looked forward to the AAU season more than anything. We'd had 2 practices thus far and both have been very fluent and I can tell we've got some nice players, specifically Tyler and Herschel. I had to step up when that time came around but I wanted to still contain my focus with this season. I wasn't doing as great as I wished I was but I still had time to get better.

"You good Sam?" Willis asks me, I realize how quiet I had been. We were on the bus on the way back to the high school after the game.

"Yeah I just got a lot on my mind."

"What's up?" Martin says and all attention starts to shift towards me.

"I don't know, I've just been thinking about the future too much lately. Getting scholarships for basketball and stuff. You guys know?"

"Don't worry about it right now," Gordon adds. "We just have to stay focused with what's here now. You'll get your shine bro, I already know."

"Thanks, that's what I'm trying but I just couldn't get it off my mind. I love basketball too much to not see a future in it."

"What are you talking about?" Willis says. "Don't you already have a scholarship to IUPUI."

"Yeah but that's damn near a community college and it's like 30 minutes away from my house. I want to actually go off to college."

"Better take what you can get." He says with all seriousness. "You want to play basketball in college and there's a school that wants you so…"

I look at my phone and see a couple missed messages and when I see one is from Julia I stop scrolling and unlock my phone to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Arden

31 tonight, lol. But we can hang this weekend if you still want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
lol its suppose to be me motivating you but I'm going to Taylor's party Saturday, aren't you? we can chill Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Arden
yeah that's what I meant
Easy.

Last edited by beast10; 07-08-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #19
All Star

beast10's Arena

Ambition — Sam Truman

February 9th, 2008

I found myself in front of Taylor's modern day masonry home that was just a couple neighborhoods down from mine, ready for the party. I picked up a couple friends who didn't have a ride so my little 90's Nissan Sentra was packed with every seat taken as we got out.

There were cars all over the street and the music was blasting from inside as well as laughs and chatter.

"Looks like this ones gonna be a good one!" Mason says, maybe one of the biggest party animals I knew.

We walk in and people are everywhere and some scream "Sam!" in excitement that I showed up. I made rounds and then went to say happy birthday to Taylor, she was a short blonde girl who was on the cheerleading squad, one of the more popular girls around the school. She was definitely attractive and what not, but she was portrayed as one of those snobs you'd typical see in a high school movie.

After this me and the group I had formed were all around the party, chilling and talking to girls, joking around with people, and even got some numbers if we didn't have them already.

"Let's go get some drinks and get this party really started!" Mason exclaims.

"Yeah why not." We agreed and went to the table with the shots laid out and joined in with the drinking game that a crowd of people were playing.

"Welcome to the real part of the party!" A tall and broad dude says as we approach the table. "We're playing a game called 'I have never', someone says something like 'I've never been out of the US' and if you haven't either then you must take a shot."

"Alright."

"Cool, let's join in."

"O—k, ok, ok it's my turn," a brunette girl who clearly had the most shots said. "I— I've never been to uhh — brothel, ya."

We were in high school so it wasn't really possible anyways. Everybody including me took their shots because nobody had been.

Before we knew it - the police were outside the house and people fled out through the back and others were too drunk to realize. I guess you could say I was with that group. I was now in the prison with my mom after the officer notified her about the situation.

"He's a minor so we're releasing him back into your custody and will be sealing this from the record but we just don't want this to happen again. We're sentencing him to 60 hours of community service, this comes into affect throughout this upcoming week."

"Ok thank you for this, I'll definitely make sure this won't happen again."

"Alright thank you, and to you Sam, I've heard about you in the newspaper - this type of stuff hurts your recruiting."

"I know."

From there we were out of the facility and headed back home.

"I'm not really upset with you, Sam. You're just a kid at a party and I've been in that same position as you, you just need to know when is enough."

"I know." After that was said it was a quiet ride back to the house. I knew I would probably be in trouble with coach and people would have photos plastered all over MySpace tomorrow.

Last edited by beast10; 07-08-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #20
All Star

beast10's Arena

Ambition — Sam Truman

February 11th, 2008

"Suspension from the team, two games, and that's that."

I sat in coach office straight face as if I could care less, only I did care. Two games didn't seem like much but for me not to be apart of the team for even a moment was a great sight for me.

"My apologies coach, I really do mean that," I say, "I guess I just got too carried away at that party, that character I showed was not me, you already know that coach."

"Yes I do know you're better than that but discipline must be used in situations such as this so you'll serve this suspension and we'll be back in business," coach Boone nods and leans back in his chair, "You got that?"

"Yeah coach."

"Alright then. See you at practice tomorrow."

This suspension couldn't have been timed more worst than it was, on the 13th we had Tree Hill on the schedule, they were only like 9-13 from what I knew but they were know to have a couple of players who could explode in an offensive standpoint and it was all bad because we were a team that struggled on defense … After this we were going up against 17-5 Pine Valley who would destroy us hands down.

We were progressing at 11-6 right now but by the time I'd return we'd most likely be at 11-8.

But for now I had to go knock out the first day of this community service.

"Damn …" I exclaim as I head out to the car while a stiff breeze of wind blows by.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #21
All Star

beast10's Arena

February 21st, 2008

First game back was an away game which turned out to be a ball. Me and the other starters sat on the bench because it was such a blowout in the final minutes. It was 70-46 which was our biggest win margin of the season.

While I was gone the team managed to go split the two games and do the unthinkable of beating the Pine Valley but not before losing to Tree Hill 70-63.

"Good game out there Sam," coach Boone tells me as we huddle after the final buzzer, "Really set yourself apart and took over."

"Thanks coach." I had turned in 24 points and 8 assists which were mainly going to Gordon who I found on many catch and shoot feeds.

This is how I've got to play for now on, I say to myself. No inconsistency but this style of play on the daily basis.

I could do it. I knew I could.

Four days later we'd be playing Ridgeway and I hoped to have the same type of game against them as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #22
All Star

beast10's Arena

Simmed Games

February 25th — Ridgeway (12-10) — 79-72 WIN
Sam Truman — 31 PTS, 7 AST, 4 REB, 6 STLS, 1 BLK, 12-20 FG, 2-6 3PT, 5-5 FT

February 28th — Gedo High School (20-5) — 87-65 LOSS
Sam Truman — 27 PTS, 4 AST, 1 STL, 2 TO, 9-17 FG, 4-6 3PT, 5-7 FT

February 29th — Arcadia (10-9) — 80-60 WIN
Sam Truman — 15 PTS, 5 AST, 2 REB, 1 STL, 4-10 FG, 4-6 3PT, 3-4 FT

March 3rd — Lanford (8-13) — 53-49 LOSS
Sam Truman — 12 PTS, 2 AST, 1 STL, 2 TO, 6-14 FG, 0-2 3PT

RECORD: 15-9

Note: Usually in high school the tournament has started by now in March so this one is kinda messed up but it's all good.

Last edited by beast10; 07-08-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #23
All Star

beast10's Arena

Ambition — Sam Truman

March 3rd, 2008

BROWNSBURG H.S SPORTS — Brownsburg has lost a key player to their success in a game against Lanford where Gordon Hayward went down with a reported separated shoulder injury in the fourth quarter of action.

Gordon was helped off the floor and into the locker room for treatment while his team battled it out in a close game that resulted in a 53-49 loss.

Hayward is expected to return before the IHSAA tournament where his team is currently seeded at 5th in the bracket picture. His numbers have dropped since earlier this season but he is now averaging 12 points per game as well as 4 rebounds and 2 assists. He has interest from Butler, Purdue, and IUPUI and is expected to make his decision this upcoming summer.

Brownsburg will play their next and last game of the regular season at 12-8 Avalon High School on the 5th and will look for fellow leading scorers Sam Truman and Martin Doug to carry the load while Gordon recovers.

Last edited by beast10; 07-07-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #24
All Star

beast10's Arena

March 5th, 2008

Tonight was senior night. Me, Martin, Willis, and Korey would be playing our last game on our Brownsburg home court. Sadly, Gordon had to be watching on the sidelines …

Basically this was our graduation from representing the Brownsburg basketball team throughout our years on varsity. Even though I had grown to hate playing for coach Boone, this was a sad day knowing my career here was over …

"And now we call up a player who's stepped his game up big time and has taken a lot of leadership within this team," coach Boone announced to our crowd. "Please welcome starting guard, Sam Truman."

The crowd goes ballistic with excitement as I step up to the podium to deliver my speech.

"Thank you," I say a couple of times as the audience continues to cheer. When they quiet down I continue, "I have a ton of people to thank for my long journey of basketball throughout my life. It hasn't really ever been easy for me. I was just the kid who could shoot the three pointer if he was wide open. Never thought I'd actually be a starter on varsity with the chance to get into a division one college this year …"

I took the pause and the crowd gets loud once again and I smile a little as I see all the people who've supported me and the team this season.

"I'd like to thank my parents big time for always believing me and getting me the help I need. All those dedication hours put into the gym, like I said, I probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for them because nobody really believed in me but them."

A few tears begin to run down my face but I continue. "They've kept me in organized leagues and have gotten me the things I needed to succeed and I really thank them for that … Next I want to thank of course coach Boone who really gave me the chance this season. Last year I was just the kid on the end of the bench, and as I said earlier - was the dude who could shoot the open three, but this year he gave me the chance to really show everyone what I could really do so I appreciate him for really helping me achieve the goals I had set for myself. And the next is a true role model to me: Gordon. We've been pretty much best friends since we were six or seven and it's heart breaking that we won't be able to finish our high school playing days on this floor together … We've been through a lot but we have stuck together and remained good friends. In this game we're about to play, I'm dedicating the points I score towards you because of how sad this is not to see you able to play."

I went on with plenty of other mentions until I handed over the mic back to coach and took a seat and listened to my other senior teammates give their speeches. Eventually Avalon arrived, it was time to put the emotional feelings aside and get down to work.

Last edited by beast10; 07-08-2014 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »