Home

Reclaiming The Throne, A Boston Celtics 2K15 Association

This is a discussion on Reclaiming The Throne, A Boston Celtics 2K15 Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #49
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Reclaiming The Throne, A Boston Celtics 2K15 Association

Hmmmm Bradley on Bron. I could see that for a few possessions.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #50
Rookie

Qargo11's Arena

OVR: 0

Really nice graphics, with a lot of depth

Keep it up
Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #51
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

Game Preview: Boston Celtics vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
BOS: 1-6, CLE: 5-1
November 14th, 2014

Let's take it over to Ernie and Shaq for the Pre-Game Show...

Ernie: And the Boston Celtics woes continue. Welcome everyone to another night of NBA basketball. Tonight we have the struggling Celtics facing off against yet another star-studded team, the Cavaliers who sit at 5-1.

Shaq: Another tough night. Man, this might be one of the toughest opening months I've ever seen a team have to experience. They're struggling, but would anyone expect otherwise? In fact, I'm starting to change tones, they've done pretty well for themselves, defeating the Pacers.

Ernie: In a couple games we'll see them battle the 76ers, who are struggling just as much. Then we'll really know if they're a forever bottom-dweller.

Shaq: Oh certainly. But for now they gotta face one of the, if not thee most dominate team in the league right now. The Cavs are second in point differential, right behind the Warriors who are also killing it so far.

Ernie: If there was one game where I feel I could definitively say the Celtics won't win so far this year, it'll probably be this one. But enough of that, lets get to the big news of the other night, the Westbrook injury.

Shaq: Really devestating. We've seen how they play without him, they struggle. People critique Westbrook 24/7 and yet, when it was time for KD to step up, he didn't. And he didn't even against the Celtics the other night, allowing the bench to do the honors.

Ernie: Kinda has you worried for the team huh? Out 2 months. That's gonna be a stinger. But if Reggie Jackson plays the same way he did against Boston they'll have no troubles.

Shaq: No doubt. They took care of the Pistons earlier today in a blowout. KD has 33 and 10. Jackson, while not dominate, almost had a sneaky triple double, 8, 9, & 8.

Ernie: Well for shockers tonight we obviously had the Rockets losing to the 76ers, Phila getting their second win, handing the Rockets their third loss in a row. Tough after starting the season off strong.

Shaq: Especially for Philly to win that coming off a game the night before, getting torched by Dallas. An impressive win to say the least.

Ernie: Equally as impressive is LeBron James' adjustment to his new/old team. Through 6 games he's leading the league in points, a surprising assessment considering many pegged him to be a facilitator. The team's only loss thus far was against the Trailblazers, and that was by 1. He's already put in two 40 point games, he's not taking any time to get started.

Shaq: Not at all. His overall numbers aren't staggering, by his comparisons, for any other player in the league they'd be astounding. But both his rebounding and assists have gone down in favor of points. But I guess that would make sense adding a genuinely good point guard and a dominating board-hogging power forward around you.

Ernie: Yeah, so good luck Celtics, and get ready Celtics fans. You're in for another rough one. But don't give up hope yet, soon the mediocre teams will set in. For now though, here's the Cavaliers against the Celtics.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #52
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Hmmmm Bradley on Bron. I could see that for a few possessions.
Gonna have to wait to see how he does It was just done to throw him off since Avery's a hound on defense, never gives up, even when his player doesn't have the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qargo11
Really nice graphics, with a lot of depth

Keep it up
Thanks! I've been loving doing it so far, no matter how time-consuming it is haha
Old 10-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #53
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

Celtics Stun Cavaliers, Win Nail-biter 103-99

The Boston Celtics have dethroned the King. Yes, in the 2014-2015 season where their current record stood at 1-6, the Celtics pooled all their pieces together to take down LeBron James and his dominate Cleveland team in a stunning game at TD Garden. Talk about a morale-booster. Nearly every player was on tonight in some way, shape, or form. None more than Avery Bradley however, who dominated offensively, leading the Celtics with 24 points, along with 4 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 steals, all while having the incredibly difficult job of defending LeBron James, something he accomplished tremendously. While Cleveland had the lead ending the first, Boston took it back going into halftime, thrashing out for 31 compared to the Cavs' 17. That 10 point lead going into halftime was just enough, as the rest of the game was a neck-and-neck battle with Cleveland slowly catching up.

And that comeback, spurred midway through the fourth, wasn't handled by LeBron James, or Kevin Love. No, it was mainly through the perfected performance of Matthew Dellavedova, who, in just 18 minutes, poured in 18 points, off 7-7 shooting, 4 of those from beyond the arc. His performance escalated the comeback as Boston maintained a small lead throughout. The star of the Cavs tonight easily went to Kyrie Irving who torched the defense throughout, ending with 33 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. While Bradley was busy hounding James all night, Irving had clear lanes and many easy baskets. But none of that stopped the Celtics who showed that they had something to prove. From start to finish, the C's played great. Even the comeback, from a dominate team like the Cavs, was to be expected, and to fend them off, simply a thing of beauty.

For C's fans, perhaps the best news of the night was Jared Sullinger's performance. As all of us remember, with the bad taste still lingering in our mouths, Sully dropped a whopping zero points in 31 minutes of action against OKC two nights ago. Today, and in particular the second half, Sully was a changed man. The night seemed to be going typically bad, having only 2 points going into halftime. The beast however proved his worth, finishing with 18 points and 6 rebounds, many of those shots falling from mid-range. It was a pleasant surprise for Celtics fans who can breathe a sigh of relief that their promising big man still has his game.

And then, there's Rondo, still the leader. Sully wouldn't have had 18, Bradley wouldn't have had 24, if it weren't for Rondo, who dished out 12 assists to go with 16 points in a remarkable game. Best of all, and what mattered most down the stretch, was his free throws, swishing 8 of 8, 4 of which were in the final minute of play to seal the game, and the Cavs fate. And finally, Marcus Smart's performance off the bench helped maintain the lead Boston has had trouble holding when his crew comes in. He showed off all facets of his game, from 12 points, to 3 rebounds, to 7 assists, all within 15 minutes of play. This team should be proud of themselves, and rightfully so, considering their game could not have gone better.

To show the level of skill the C's went up against even more, take a look at each team's field goal percentage. Cavs shot 54%, while the C's only averaged out at 50%. Cleveland made 4 more shots, 3 more three's. And yet, Boston won by 4. And you can thank the free throws for that, making 19 of their 21 attempts, a far cry from the Cavaliers' 4. No one team dominated in any categories either, being pretty much dead on in everything. All this joy was so close to being taken away however, considering at one point, during the early third quarter, the Celtics held a comfortable 14 point lead, only to see it evaporate to 2. No one could imagine the devastation that would have set in if they lost. But they didn't, they played their best game of the year, and once again, defeated a team so beyond their skill-level that many should take note of the Celtics' eery potential to ravage. First it was the then-undefeated Pacers, now the 5-1 Cavaliers.

After the game Jared Sullinger spoke to Doris Burke.

Burke: Congratulations Jared! What an incredible victory.

Sullinger: Thank you. Man, it's still not setting in that us, the clear underdogs, pulled that off. Against such a stacked team too, whose been torching teams lately.

Burke: Their only loss before this was to the Trailblazers by 1. How does it feel to overtake that margin?

Sullinger: Oh, you have no idea. We just played our hearts out out there, left it all on the court. Our morale hasn't really been that good lately, with the blowout losses and everything. But this certainly put us back on the map! Great to get out of that 1-win column.

Burke: Certainly. And for you Jared, your game came back! How'd you do it?

Sullinger: We've been talking about it, and really, I don't mean to blame it on others cause they would agree, we've just been focusing too much on the wing guys, hardly getting it down low. Rondo started getting me that ball in my good spots, I heated up, and that was it. I've never been in a rut, just haven't had the chance to shine.

Burke: Well your dominance tonight, outplaying one of the league's best power forwards, will undoubtedly change the flow of you guys' games from here on out. All while putting up those numbers you still managed to give Kevin Love fits, as he finished with just 6 points and 9 rebounds.

Sullinger: Well you know he's always gonna get his rebounds, hardly anything I can do about that. But for the baskets, I just limited the chances he had at touching the ball. Sure, that bite us back sometimes cause it gave Kyrie a ton of open opportunities, but it clearly worked out.

Burke: It sure did. Thanks for your time Jared, and again, congratulations! Guys, the Boston Celtics just beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron James finishes with 15, 3, & 6. Incredible. Have a good night!

Box Scores, Team Comparisons, More Pictures From The Night

Spoiler
Old 10-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #54
Pro

njdevils14's Arena

Great job with the graphics and text, love it.

Also curious to see how the Rondo situation plays out
Old 10-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #55
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
Great job with the graphics and text, love it.

Also curious to see how the Rondo situation plays out
Thanks! I try to make it look good since that's what I like the most in other people's dynasties, along with depth. And yup, ever since he said he's going to test free agency no matter what this summer I'm gonna do a lot revolving around him and what we do with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #56
Rookie

knicksfan111's Arena

I've been following this recently. Really nice presentation. Just wondering, are you going to play every game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »