Home

Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

This is a discussion on Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

Pacers lose heart breaker at home to the Utah Jazz

(Pushing their record to 3-5)

Pacers Jazz - Box.jpg

The Pacers lose a nail biter at home to the Utah Jazz. Arron Afflalo had a chance at the game tying 3pt shot but came up just short. Overall the team played extremely well. Roy Hibbert had a dominate game, scoring 20 and pulling down 13 boards. And to the surprise of most Solomon Hill and Damjan Rudez were the next highest scorers, Hill with 19 pts and Rudez with 18 pts. With all the positives from this game the Pacers still lost to a relatively mediocre team. The frustration was clearly visible on not only head coach Frank Vogel but GM Mark Jackson as well. We'll have to see what the next few days bring but my gut tells me moves are coming in h=the near future

Pacers Jazz - P.jpg

As you can see Arron Afflalo had an off night and George Hill is still struggling to find his shooting stroke. Without those two clicking It would hage been extremely difficult to win this game. If not for the "Big Dog" and the 3pt shot this game could have easily been a lopsided affair.
Pacers Jazz - J.jpg

The Jazz had a well balanced attack, with 5 players in double figures and decent enough contributions from the other bench players. It's hard to beat a team when everyone on the court is playing aggressive and attacking the basket.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-21-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Front Office

THE BRAIN TRUST

Larry Bird

Frank Vogel

Mark Jackson
While the players enjoyed a day off before having to travel to Miami to take on their rival Heat, Larry Bird, Mark Jackson, and Frank Vogel were hard at work trying to right the ship that has seriously strayed off course. Being the deal maker that Bird is and the fact that the Pacers covet winners as on organization there are a few players on the their short list of guys to inquire about. Both Jackson and Vogel believed we needed to add some energy and life to the 2nd Unit. The trade would have to help energize the group and hopefully cause defenses headaches. After discussing it at length the Pacers Front Office decided to try to pursue Connecticut PG Shapazz Nappier. Now Larry Bird did have to make some magic happen with this trade, pulling a few favors and hyping his players up enough to convince the Heat to accept. In the end though the Heat accepted the offer and the Pacers came away w/ a special player & a steal.
Miami Heat Receive:
PG C.J. Watson (75)
C Nazr Mohammed (70)
2015 2nd Round Pick

Indiana Pacers Receive:
PG Shabazz Napier
PF Shawne Williams (filler for cap reasons)

Please Welcome the newest member of the Indiana Pacers, Shabazz Nappier

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-21-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #27
Rookie

Game of the Week

Pacers Heat Rivarly.jpg

Pacers lose to rival Heat, fall to 3-6
&
Fans calling for Mark Jackson's job

The Pacers signature defense has been M,i,A, through the early part of the season. Losing to a Rival is one thing, but allowing Miami to shoot 60% from the field & 50% from the 3 point line is unacceptable. Larry knows this, Mark knows this, and Frank knows this. They heads have to right the ship and fast or risk losing their jobs. Not having a starting quality SF has really hurt the Pacers. While Solomon Hill has been good he's not quite ready for starter minutes. And with David West still sidelined with a Severe Ankle Sprain our starting PF has been less than impressive thus far. Mark Jackson needs to make some moves in order to ensure his job security as well as a chance to make the playoffs.
Pacers Heat Box Score.jpg
As you can see the game was relatively close, for missing 2 starters that is.The Pacer players need to limit their turnovers as well as take better shots. A higher shooting percentage not only puts points on the board but also prevents the opponents from starting a fast break. Miami has a good squad that the Pacers match up poorly against, With Bosh as a stretch 5 it takes Roy Hibbert out of the paint and unable to contest shots.
Pacers Heat - P.jpg
Arron Afflalo and Roy Hibbert carried the offense tonight for the Pacers. Afflalo had 26 points on 6-9 shooting from the 3pt line. Roy dominated in a completely different aspect of the game. He owned the point tonight, scoring 23 points and pulling in 13 rebounds. Also had 2 blocks to go along with that stat line
Pacers Heat - H.jpg
What to say about the god damn Miami Heat. Deng had a good game shooting the ball. Same can be said for D. Wade. We'll see you again at full strength next time Miami. The results will be drastically different.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #28
Rookie

Huston we have a problem
'
The Pacers lose big at home against the Denver Nuggets 97 - 82

Pacers Nuggets - Box.jpg
Some changes HAVE to be made and soon, No way teams should be shooting close to 60% every game. The Pacers need to trade for a SG or SF and allow Solomon Hill to regain his role as lead scorer off the bench. Its now or never for these Pacers. TIme to see what Larry Legend has up his sleeve.
Pacers Nuggets - P.jpg
5 Pacer players reached double digits tonight. That'd to a recipe for success if the team didn't allow 60% shooting from the field. Hibbert had 22 points and 9 boards. Solomon hill was the second leading scorer with 15 points and 3-5 from the 3pt line. Afflalo and Rudez have both been slumping recently which explains the Pacer's offensive woes.
Pacers Nuggets - N.jpg
The Denver Nuggets thoroughly embarrassed the Pacers infront of their home crown. Ty Lawson abused the Pacer defense going ffor 23 points, and his back court partner went for 17 himself.
*Breaking News* A sources who wishes to remain anonymous claims that the Pacers are working on trading for yet another player. Which player and for who is anyone's guess but it sure seems like the Pacers need to make a dramatic move & fast.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-22-2014 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #29
Rookie

Pacers call press conference to announce their new acquisition

In attendance and taking questions from the media are President Larry Bird, GM Mark Jackson, and Head Coach Frank Vogel

Larrh Bird: Well I guess i'll get started and announce the big news, earlier today we agreed with the Charlotte to trade for SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. We had to give up a great deal to acquire such a talented player but all three of us up here believe it was worth it. Here's the official trade detials

Charlotte Hornets receive:

SF Chris Copeland
PF Lavoy Allen
2017 1sr Round Pick

Indiana Pacers receive:

SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (MKG from now on)

PF P.J. Hairston (for salary cap issues)

The question part of the press conference is beginning now. Any questions regarding the trades, the upcoming seasn, any free agents we might have our eye one, Those typoes of questions are all welcome.
Reporter - This question is for Mr. Bird. With 1st Round picks being so coveted do you believe you gave up to much in order to land a player l M?

Larry Bird: Well I can't say for certain but with all the young talent on this roster I don't expect that 2017 1st Round pick to be a very high pick selection. With that being said it did sting a little having to throw in Chris Copeland. I know he's a fan favorite and a consummate professional. I'm sure he and Lavoy Allen will thrive with Charlotte.

Reporter - How to do think MKG will help turn this team around and put them back on track to making the playoffs?

GM Mark Jackson - Well for starters he's a tremendous defender. He has the natural instincts and all the tools to be a lock down wing defender for us. Our defense without PG and David West has be atrocious. Your not going to win many games allowing your opponent to shopt 60% from the field. MKG should definitely help sure up that part of our game. He's also a great rebounded so that should help limit second chance opportunities for the other team.

Reporter - This question is for Head Coach Frank Vogel, hoe excited are you to have MKG on your roster and what will that mean for teams once PG returns. I can't think of a better defensive unit than the Pacers would have at full strength,

Vogel -I'm extremely excited to have MKG on the team. He brings athleticism, defensive know how, and a real knack for grabbing offensive rebounds, Another aspect of this trade that has gotten overlooked is that now Solomon Hill can go back to his role as lead scorer off the bench. Hill filled in quite nicely in the absence of PG but his role off the bench is much more valuable to the team. The 2nd unit has been lacking a scoring option for quite some time now.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-22-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:43 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 14

Huge trade! You got a very talented defender with loads of potential. Very raw on offense but he'll have time to develop. I feel like his mentality will work well with this team as he is 'defensive minded.'

I am a huge Charlotte Hornets fan, myself. I love MKG, but I wouldn't mind shipping him off if the right trade came around. I wouldn't sleep on P.J. Hairston either. He can light it up from 3 point range. Work with him, and develop him and you may be able to build him into a 'Jordan Crawford' type player off the bench. Maybe even a 'Poor man's Swaggy-P' lol

You have definitely set yourself up well for the future with this trade. If not this year, maybe by next season you will be a serious contender for the NBA title once PG13 gets back!

Great update!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #31
Rookie

Thanks for posting. I'm trying to set myself up with the hope that PG13 will be back come playoff time. a Wing combo of PG13 & MKG is scary good. And then Afflalo coming in as a 6th man, Could be dangerous come playoff time. Im about to face to undefeated Bulls team, their 9-0 so far. We'll see how well the Pacers can handle that kind of talent level w/o PG & West. I'll be posting the game, Denari's Den interviewing the new additions to the team, and an updated depth chart b4 the nights over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #32
Rookie

Pacers lose 7th in a row as Bulls extend their win streak to 10
\

Pacers Bulls - Box.jpg

The Pacers didn't stand a chance against a superior opponent. With PG13 injured and West out with an ankle sprain the Bulls picked the Pacers apart. Arron Afflalo and Shabazz Napier led the way for the Blue and Gold, nut other than a few nice plays most of the Pacers played terrible. "Big Dog" only tallied 8 points and 4 boards. The Pacers were thoroughly outplayed.

Pacers Bulls - P.jpg
The Bulls Pau Gasol had one heck of a game. Scoring 23 points and grabbing 8 rebounds. Other notable Bulls are Jimmy Butler who scored 14, and D. Rose who managed to score 12 while dishing out 14 assists
Pacers Bulls - B.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »