Home

Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

This is a discussion on Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

Indiana finally snaps its losing streak at home against the Hornets

The Indiana Pacers finally snapped the streak of 7 straight loses with an impressive win over the Charlotte Hornets. The team finally seemed to gel together better than the previous games, especially MKG. Man this guy can't shoot to save his life but he's great at everything else. Coming up with clutch offensive boards or running the fast break and drawing an And 1. Very happy with the pick up so far

Pacers Hornets Box.jpg
Michael Kid-Gilchrist man have had a stellar all around game but the real mvp goes to the "Big Dog" himself. He continueally took Al Jefferson to school in the post, putting up 25 points and grabbing 12 rebound. Other than those two everyone else played as well as can be edoected.
Pacers Hornets - P.jpg
Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker both had good games but no one else really h showed up. Former Pacers Chris Copeland had 10 points, and Lance Stephenson had 8 points and 6 assists. Less than great performances from either former Pacer.
Pacers Hornets - H.jpg
Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #34
Rookie

I'm going to be playing another game or two with my new rotation and see how I like it. I do have 3 1st Rounders, 1 from the Stuckey trade, and 1 from a trade involving P.J. Hairston and a 2nd.
1 Indian's and im 4-8
2. Kings are 1-10
3. Mavericks are 7-6

I'm considering trading one of them away but I don't quite know what type of ball player would best fit in with the team. And team chemistry is already pretty low.

Anyone got any good players the can share or some sleepers who play netter than their rating?

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-22-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #35
Rookie

Arron Afflalo hits a game-winning 3pt as time expires to beat the Phoenix Suns

Pacers Suns Box.jpg
The Pacers won this game mainly on their 3pt shootng. The team as a whole shot 10/18 from behind the arc. Indiana's bench also outscored the Suns bench by 11 points, making a huge difference in a 1pt game. The Pacers limited their turnovers and minimized mistakes that they'd made earlier in the season.
Pacers Suns - P.jpg
Arron Afflalo hits a 3 pointer as time expires to give the Pacers a 1 point victory and their 2nd win in a row. Afflalo ended with 30 points and 5 assists. "Big Dog" Roy Hibbert also had himself a game, scoring 18 points and pulling down 13 boards. The rest of the scoring was spread out between Rudez, Napier, and MKG. Another tough win that could be the beginning of streak. Only time will tell.

Pacers Suns - S.jpg

The Suns have a very young and talented team. I was especially impressed with former Pacer Miles Plumlee. Plumlee scored 21 points and snagged 16 boards. If I had to guess i'd say at least half those rebounds were offensive. I was also in awe of how many talented PGs they have on their roster. Makes you wonder if they'd be better off shipping one of those away and get an upgrade at a position of need or some draft picks. We'll see how it plays out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon862002
I'm going to be playing another game or two with my new rotation and see how I like it. I do have 3 1st Rounders, 1 from the Stuckey trade, and 1 from a trade involving P.J. Hairston and a 2nd.
1 Indian's and im 4-8
2. Kings are 1-10
3. Mavericks are 7-6

I'm considering trading one of them away but I don't quite know what type of ball player would best fit in with the team. And team chemistry is already pretty low.

Anyone got any good players the can share or some sleepers who play netter than their rating?
I would recommend going after a shooter. You have plenty of defense, and guys who are solid drivers, but shooting is where you are weak at. PG13 can do it all, but if he has better floor spacing, he will be more effective. As David West slows down, getting a shooter at PF is a great way to save him some minutes while still allowing your offense to flow

I would suggest trying to revive someone's career on the cheap so that you won't lose any of your valuable picks. It may cost a tad more in cap room, but it sounds like you are planning on trying to win this season too so that shouldn't be an issue. Maybe make a play for Ersan Ilyasova. He is a solid floor spacer, and will allow guys like Hibbert to have room down low, and create driving lanes for your other players.

I would also suggest going after Ryan Anderson if you don't like Ersan but I don't think you could realistically get him without parting with at least one 1st rounder.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
Rookie

I've been running through games lately. I have 4 games to update on. I'm actually looking at the possibility of trading George Hill as Shabazz Nappier has been playing so well. But I'm not sure what to do because I even got David West back and im still losing to inferior teams. I'll do an updated depth chart and rotation before posting any of the finished games (will probably just post the box score and a written paragraph of how it played out)
Old 10-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #38
Rookie

**This Update will include the 4 games i've played since my last update. I'll provide the box score and a description of how the game played out, nothing too detailed though.**

Pacers lose a tough one at Mavericks

Pacers Mavs Box.jpg

The Pacers took the Mavs to the brink on their home court. But Dirk being Dirk no one could stop him. His post up fadeaways, catch and shoot 3 pointers there wasn't much I could do. Dirk had 27 points on 18 shots, Monta Ellis had 23 points, and Devin Harris had 19 points and 10 assists.

On the Pacers Damjan Rudez lead the way with 24 points, Afflalo had 18, and Shabazz had 16. I finally figured out how to use MKG athleticism to score some points. And of course "Big Dog" had a health 13 points & 15 rebounds.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Update #2 (Just so you guys know I simmed the end of this game because of how frustrated i was getting. Thats why the score is so low)

Spurs handle the Pacers w/ ease

Pacers Spurs Box.jpg
The Spurs pretty much came out and handled business. They found the open man, knocked down the open shot, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. These Pacers aren't on that level yet but one day I hope they will be. Either way I didn't make it past the 2nd quarter before I simmed the rest. No point in talking stats as the entire team shot 28% from the field, that all that needs to be said.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #40
Rookie

Update #3 Now this was a fun game. Coming down to an Arron Afflalo shot to decide the outcome.

Pacers survive a Magical rally

Arron Afflalo, Shabazz Napier, and Solomon Hill carried us in this game, the three of them combined for 76 points. Roy had a typical "Big Dawg" night. 11 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocked shots. All that and it still came down to an Arron Afflalo 3pt shot for the win.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-22-2014 at 04:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »