Home

Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

This is a discussion on Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

Blue Collar Gold Swagger
An Indiana Pacers Association

Games - 82 (All Played)
Difficulty - Allstar (Superstar if Allstar becomes to easy)
Quarter Length - 10 Minutes
Playoff Format 7-7-7-7

After being eliminated by the Miami Heat in game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals the Indiana Pacers find themselves in a tough situation heading into the upcoming season. Once thought to be a title contender now the Pacers are without Lance Stephenson, who signed with the Charlotte Bobcats & Paul George who suffered a severe leg injury during a FIBA U.S. scrimmage. The Pacers are without their top two wing scorers from last year and will need to make some drastic changes if they want to make a playoff push in the East. With an aggressive new GM in former Pacer Point Guard and Golden State Head Coach Mark Jackson, Pacer fans can expect the front office to do whatever it takes to fight hard as heck for the best possible playoff seed with the hope that PG13 will be fully healthy come playoff time.

First lets introduce the Front Office of the Indiana Pacers
Owner: Vince Newson, known as a hands off Owner wiling to trust his staff.
President of Basketball Operations: Larry Bird, a Hall of Fame player and a Legend but was unable to bring a championship to Indiana. Can he finally accomplish a goal he's had ever since his college days?
General Manager: Mark Jackson, former player, head coach, and overall basketball enthusiast. Jackson preaches hard work, hustle, and tough physical defense. A perfect fit for this current Pacer team.
Head Coach: Frank Vogel, took over the Pacers midway through the 2010 season and has shown that he's the right man for the job. Posting a career winning percentage of .633 and leading the Pacers to two back to back Eastern Conference Finals.
With that being said I now present the beginning the 2k15 Indiana Pacers Association

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-23-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

2014-2015 Indiana Pacers Roster

Starting Lineup

*Updated as of 10/19/14*

PG / George Hill #3 / IUPUI / 6'2'' 190lbs
(OVR 78)

SG / Arron Afflalo #10 /UCLA. / 6'5'' 215lbs
(OVR 79)

SF / Solomon Hill #44 / Arizona / 6'7'' 220bs
(OVR 67)

PF / David "BAMF" West #21 / Xavier / 6'9'' 250lbs
(OVR 81)

C / Roy "Big Dog" Hibbert #55 / Georgetown / 7'2'' / 280lbs
(OVR 80)

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-19-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Meet the Indiana Pacers Bench Players

PG - C.J. Watson #32 / 6'2'' 175lbs / Tennessee
(OVR 75)

C - Ian Mahinmi #28 / 6'11' 250lbs / France
(OVR 75)

SF - Damjan Rudez #9 / 6' 10'' 200lbs / Croatia
(OVR 71)

SF - Chris Copeland #22 / 6'8'' 225lbs / Colorado
(OVR 71)

PF - Lavoy Allen #5 / 6'9'' 255lbs / Temple
(OVR 68)

PF - Patric Young #4 / 6'9'' 240lbs / Florida
(OVR 67)

PG - Donalo Sloan #15 / 6'3'' 205lbs / Texas A&M
OVR 66)

PF - Shayne Whittington #42 / 6'11'' / 250lbs / W. Michigan
(OVR 67)

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Indiana Pacers make a preseason trade

The Pacers receive:
Arron Afflalo - SG (OVR79)

Erick Green - PG (OVR 69)

The Nuggets receive:
Luis Scola - PF (OVR 77)
C.J. Mile - SG (OVR 73)
A 2016 1st round draft pick

Chris Denari sits down and Interviews Head Coach Frank Vogel and GM Mark Jackson
\

Chris Denari: "Chris Denari here with Head Coach Frank Vogel and new GM Mark Jackson. How has the team looked this preseason without PG13 & Lance? Do you think there is a legitimate case to be made that the Pacers are a playoff team right now?

Frank Vogel: "I definitely believe in our guys and the hard work they're putting in each and every practice. You can tell they are starting to gel together and are making the right decisions within our system. Its still to early to tell how that will translate onto the basketball court but right now we're feeling very optimistic.

Chris Denari: This question is for Mark. Being a new GM but having a ton of NBA experience how has that helped you run the organization and bring in the type of players that will help contribute to a playoff run?

Mark Jackson: Having the experiences I've had throughout my NBA career has really open my eyes to other parts of how an organization is run. Being a former player I know how important team chemistry is to winning games. And my time as Head Coach showed me a side of the game I've never been apart of. I think both experiences have prepared me for the next step, and that's the GM of the Indiana Pacers. The goal here is toto bring an NBA Championship to the city of Indianapolis. The City & the fans deserve it.

Chris Denari: This final question is for both Frank and Mark. We got word today that you pulled off a trade bringing in former Nuggets SG Arron Afflalo. What was your thinking behind the move and how do you think he'll help the team?

Mark Jackson : Well with the loss of both starting wing players from last year we knew we needed an upgrade at that position, specifically an outside scoring threat to open up the middle for our big boys West and Hibbert. Also Afflalo is a veteran and good guy on and off the court who knows how to handle business. He also gives us good size at the SG at 6'5'' and a great outside shot and an all around scorer.

Frank Vogel I agree with everything Mark said. When I was told that the trade may go down I immediately supported the idea. Word around the league is Arron is a stand up guy who wouldn't cause any locker room issues. He also opens up the offense and draws a lot of attention, which should give our other players more open shots. And looking toward the future Arron would be a great complement to PG once he's healthy and ready to play.

Chris Denari: I want to thank you both for sitting down with me today and I wish you and the Pacers the best of luck in the upcoming season. I'm sure we'll speak again soon, For Denari's Den i'm Chris Denari thank you for tuning in.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon3 Re: Blue Collar Gold Swagger: An Indiana Pacers Association

Updated Depth Chart

Following the trade for Arron Afflalo the Pacers depth chart needs some much needed adjusting. Frank Vogel as announced that he will be using a 10 man rotation for most of the season.
So without any further delay I give you the new Indiana Pacers Roste4 ..................For Now
Starters
PG - George Hill (78)
SG - Arron Afflalo (79)
SF - Solomon Hill (67)
PF - David West (81)
C - Roy Hibbert (80)

Bench
PG - CJ Watson (75)
C - Ian Mahinmi (75)
PF - Lavoy Allen *68)
PF - Shayne Whittington (67)
SF - Damjan Rudez (71)

Players I'm actively looking to trade away
PG - Erick Green (68)
SG - Rodney Stuckey (75)
Chris Copeland (71)

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Owner Meeting with the GM

Owner Vince Newsom called Mark Jackson into his office for a closed door meeting. Mr. Newsom attempts to explain what he hopes the franchise can accomplish this season. Being a hands off owner Newsom isn't to familiar with the ongoing issues that have caused the team to regress a bit since last season.

Newsom's 2 main objectives this season are

Task 1 ==> He wants no more than 31 loses this season. An ambitious goal indeed. Mark Jackson assured him he'll do his best and he might be able to accomplish this if he had a more flexible budget.

Task 2==> The next task Mr. Newsom asked Mark to accomplish is to trade up and get an additional 1st round. He seems to really like the kids in this upcoming draft class. This seems more realistic and most easily accomplished so Mark said he'd promise to obtain another 1st.

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Pacer's Big men too much to handle for the 76ers

The Indiana Pacers won their home opener Wednesday against the Philadelphia 76ers. Roy Hibbert tallied 17 points and a game high 17 rebounds while David West scored 14 points and 7 boards. Arron Afflalo led the team in scoring with 19 points during his debut game as a new member of the Blue & Gold. Damjan Rudez also contributed 11 points comng off the bench

Pacers 76ers - P.jpg

The 76ers on the other hand had a rough night, with Nerlens Noel fouling out in the 3rd quarter with 4 points and 8 rebounds. Joel Embid didn't show much on the offensive end either, scoring just 8 point to go along with 7 rebounds. But he is still a very young player with plenty of room for development. Jason Richardson, with 17 points, and Michael Carter-Williams, with 16 points led all 76er scorers. But in the end the better team came away with the W as the Pacers thoroughly outplayed the 76ers from start to finish

Pacers 76ers - 76ers.jpg

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Afflalo and Hibbert carry Pacers past a tough Atlanta Hawks squad

Roy Hibbert continues to impress with his consistent play. Putting up 22 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocked shots. And Arron Afflalo exploded for 25 points, hitting clutch shot after clutch shot to keep the Pacers within striking distance. DamJan Rudez provided that spark off the bench scoring 12 points in 12 minutes. That's just the type of player the 2nd unit is lacking. Lets us hope the Pacers can keep up the good play.

Pacers Hawks - P.jpg

The Hawks continue to struggle. Though their offense is a balanced attack they don't have the go to scoring threat that could put up 20+ on any given night. Paul Millsap led the way with 17 points and Kyle Korver chipped in with 15 of his own. Teague and Horford each contributed 12 points a piece.

Pacers Hawks - H.jpg

Last edited by Falcon862002; 10-20-2014 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »