Home

Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4)

This is a discussion on Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #9
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Reborn: A Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty (MyLeague NBA 2k15 PS4)

November 19th, 1999

"Man Shaq is destroying them, has he missed yet?" Jack said. Parker and he were watching the Lakers-Bulls game, and the Bulls were probably going to be awful this year, and the fact that the game was even as close as it was is a small miracle for the Bulls. Shaq was dominating, as Will Perdue simply was no match for The Diesel.

"On the few shots where they haven't fouled him, no. But they're Hack-a Shaqing the sh*t out of him."

"Yeah."

The phone rang, and Parker's mom answered.

"Hello? Oh, hold on, I'll get him." She said. "Parker, honey? Melanie is on the phone for you!"

"Okay, mom, I'll be right there!" Parker called back to her.

"Hello?" Parker said into the phone.

"Hey, Parker, how are you?"

"I'm alright, I'd be happier if the Lakers were winning by more than a few points on a 1 win team, but I'm alright."

She laughed at that. "Hey, they are winning right?"

"Yeah I guess. So what's up with you?"

"Oh, uh, actually I had to ask you something."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Well, I was wondering if you would be able to come over to my house for Thanksgiving dinner, my parents want to meet you."

Parker shuddered at that. Her parents? His mind wandered, and he thought back to her father. He was huge, and terrifying. How was he supposed to impress him if he probably couldn't speak to him without having a mini-heart attack?

"Hello? Parker?"

"Huh? Oh, uh... yeah! Yeah. I think that should be fine. Lemme ask my mom. We may have plans for Thanksgiving." Parker said. "Hey, mom! Do we have plans on thanksgiving?"

"Not this year, Dad'll still be out of town for work, so we're not gonna bother flying in the whole family this year for that."

"Okay, thanks!" Parker said. "Hey, Melanie?"

"Yeah?"

"My mom said we're not doing anything, I can go."

"Okay, great! I'll see you then."

"See you then."

She hung up.

Her Parents???? God I'm gonna f*cking die...

———————————————

Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 14

Meeting the parents? Things seem to be getting serious! Lol

I look forward to seeing how that plays out. Thanksgiving is a pretty big event too so it seems as though Melanie definitely likes him. I'm glad that she shares his interest in basketball!

Great update!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

November 25th, 1999

He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. What if her dad doesn't like me? He thought. Today was Thanksgiving, and the day her parents would get their first opportunity to meet Parker, and he was terrified. He groaned and went back in his room. He stared at the two shirts he was thinking about wearing. He decided on a shirt and got dressed and ready. He headed downstairs.

"Oh, you look so handsome, honey!" Parker's mom said.

He blushed. "Mom!" He complained.

"Oh this is so exciting! you're going to meet her parents! She must really like you. You should invite her over I'm dying to meet her."

"Mom! Please."

"I'm sorry, it's just exciting, she's your first girlfriend, can't a mom be happy for her son?"

He groaned. "Please stop mom."

"Sorry. Are you nervous."

"Her dad is like 90 feet tall and huge and scary looking. Yes, I'm very nervous."

"Oh don't worry. Every dad tries to put off an imtimidating, 'I'll kill you for this' type of look. They're all big softies on the inside, you just have to warm up to them. Relax. Your amazing, they're going to love you."

"What if they don't?"

"They will. Now get in the car, we're going to be late."

"Hold on, I need to get the gifts."

"Gifts? You're going over for dinner not asking to marry the girl!"

"Mom, trust me. Melanie said it might be a good idea to impress them by bringing something, because her last boyfriend didn't and they were unhappy about it."

"Okay then."

Parker grabbed the presents and we got in the car and headed over to Melanie's.

———————————————

Parker rang the doorbell and waited, with gifts in tow, for someone to answer.

"Hey, Parker, right on time, come in, come in." Melanie said. "Do you need any help, that's a lot of stuff."

"No it's fine, I got it." Parker said.

"Hello, you must be Parker, nice to finally meet you." Melanie's Mom said.

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Douglas."

"Oh please, call me Mary."

"Okay, Mary. I have these for you." Parker extended his hand, which held a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh, thank you, how sweet."

"Hello, Parker." I heard a deep voice say from behind Mary.

"Oh, Bernard, look, flowers!"

"Very nice, dear. I'm Mr. Douglas, I believe we have met before." Mr. Douglas

"Briefly, sir. It's an honor and a pleasure. I have a gift for you as well." Parker handed him a box. He opened and found a nice button down shirt. "Melanie told me your shirt size. If you don't like it, the receipt is in there, feel free to return it, sir."

"No, the shirt is quite nice, thank you."

"Your welcome, sir."

"Who are you?" A squeaky voice said, as a little boy appeared from down the hall.

"I'm Parker, and you must be Jake, nice to meet ya." He said to Melanie's little brother.

"Nice to meet you Parker, but how do you know me?"

"Your sister told me."

"Melanie?"

"Yeah."

"Are you the boy she keeps writing about in her—"

"Alright, that's enough out of you, twerp!" Melanie snapped at him, her face bright red. Parker chuckled a little at that.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"So you're her boyfriend?" Parker glanced over at Melanie, and she nodded.

"Yeah."

"Well you better not try anything funny, or else I'll have to beat you up. Nobody messes with my big sister!" He said, defiantly. Parker couldn't help but smile at the little kid's enthusiasm.

"Alright, I promise I won't do anything bad to your sister." He said.

"Okay." He turned to his mom, "Mommy, I'm hungry. Are we gonna eat soon?"

"Yes, Jakey, let's go eat." Mary said.

"Hold on. Jake, I have a gift for you too." Parker said.

He turned to me, confused. "A gift?"

"Yeah, here." Parker handed Jake the gift.

"A new hot wheels car! Mommy look! A new car! A new car!"

"That's wonderful dear. Now what do you say when you get a present?"

"Thank you Parker."

"You're welcome. Oh, and Melanie, I couldn't forget your gift." Parker reached into the bag that had all the gifts, and pulled out a small box. She opened the box and gasped. It was a diamond necklace. His aunt helped him pay for it. I guess she really is the cool aunt... he thought.

"Oh my gosh... Parker it—it's beautiful. Thank you." She put on the necklace and gave me a big hug.

"Your welcome." Parker said with a smile. Okay, I made it through the door, the gifts are given, things are going okay, let's just try to keep this up, he thought.

The food was traditional Thanksgiving food, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, the whole deal. All food Parker ate, so he had no problem with that.

"So, Parker, what kind of grades are you getting?" Mr. Douglas said.

"I'm an all-A student, sir."

"Good. What do you want to do for a living?"

"My dream would be to work for ESPN or Sports Illustrated, and write about basketball, more specifically the Lakers. I love to write, and basketball is my passion, so putting two and two together would be a dream come true. I understand that it's hard to get a well-paying job in the media though, so if that doesn't work out I hope to obtain a Master's degree and hopefully in my time in college I will discover a new passion."

"Interesting. So you like the Lakers?"

"Love them, sir. They're my favorite team."

"Who's your favorite player?"

"All-time? Probably Magic, but of the guys on the team now, give me Kobe, then Shaq. Shaq is the better player, but I think Kobe could be special in a couple years too, and I always liked Kobe's game. I just wish he would let Shaq do his thing a little more, since Shaq is the more efficient scorer."

"Interesting." He said.

"Dad, he know's everything about basketball, it's really cool." Melanie vouched for me.

I wonder what he's thinking right now... Am I doing a good job? He thought. Parker turned to Melanie, who gave him a reassuring smile. "You're doing great." She whispered.

"So Parker, how did you and Melanie meet?" Mary asked.

"A mutual friend introduced me to her."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were both at a party and my friend Stephanie told me she wanted me to meet her friend, who she said was 'perfect for me'. I guess she was right, because here we are, right?"

"Aww that's adorable."

"Honey!" Mr. Douglas said.

"Oh relax, it's cute." Mary said.

The rest of the dinner went on well. Mary and Jake and Mr. Douglas all drilled Parker with questions, he answered them as best he could, and things seemed to be okay.

I think that went fine... but her dad still seems suspicious, I don't know. Hopefully I didn't screw up... He thought.

"Thank you for dinner, it was delicious."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"I did very much."

"So, Parker, do you want to come hang out with me in my room while you wait for your mom to come." Melanie offered.

"Yeah, if that's okay with everyone." Parker said. It looked like Mr. Douglas was going to object, but Mary stopped him.

"That's quite okay, have fun you two. Now, Jake it's off to bed for you, it's already 10 o'clock." She said.

"Okay Mommy, night-night!" Jake said, and scurried off to his room to get ready for bed.

"Here, let me show you the way to my room." Melanie said, taking Parker's hand.

"Wow, I didn't really realize how big your house was." Parker remarked as they walked through the hallway, up a flight of stairs, and down another hallway to her room. We sat down on her bed and neither of us said anything for a brief moment.

"So, how'd I do?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"You're amazing, Parker, you did great."

"Really? I didn't think so."

"You were great. I think my mom really likes you."

"Yeah, but your dad—"

"Is trying to scare you. He's a dad, it's his job. I'm sure he likes you too." She reassued him.

"Okay." Parker looked at her. Her blue eyes looked back at him, and he noticed how beautiful they were. They leaned toward each other, their lips touching as they kissed. This kiss was more passionate than any of their previous ones, and he could feel it. She really came onto him, and in a few moments, they had fallen back onto the bed and were lying down, and she was on top of him. He felt his hands explore a bit, going lower and lower down her back. Adrenaline was pumping through his body, and it was unlike anything he had felt before. She started to untuck his shirt, when the door flew open. She lept off abruptly and they bolted back up. It's probably her dad, I'm so f*cked...

"Meow!" the cat had pushed the door open and leapt up into her lap. Parker and Melanie shared a laugh, relieved that it wasn't someone else.

"Simba! You scared us! Silly cat!" She said, rubbing it's belly.

She looked back at Parker, and said "Sorry, where were we?"

He smiled and said, "I think we were, uh, here." he got up, shut the door, and then went back and kissed her. As he was about to go deeper into the kiss, there was a knock on the door. D*mn it, again? he thought.

"Melanie? Parker? Can I come in?" Mary said from outside.

"Yeah, mom come on in." Melanie said.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything" she said with a wink, causing Melanie and Parker to blush, "But your mother is here to pick you up."

"Oh, uh, okay, thank you. I guess I'll be going then. Melanie, I'll see you at school on Monday."

"Bye Parker." She said, and she gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Bye Mary, it was a pleasure, thank you for having me."

"Oh the pleasure was all mine, you were wonderful. I hope to see you again soon."

"Thank you."

Parker left, giving a brief goodbye to Mr. Douglas, and then heading out to his mom's car.

"So, how did it go?" his mom asked.

"Actually I think it went well. Her mom seems to like me, her little brother is adorable, and her dad is, well, still scary, frankly, but hey, the food was good, so I can't complain."

"That's my son. I knew you would be fine."

"You did."

"So dad is gonna be back from his business trip on Tuesday."

"Awesome! He's been gone for too long."

"He has."

I can't wait to tell Dad about Melanie... he thought.

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-21-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #12
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
Meeting the parents? Things seem to be getting serious! Lol

I look forward to seeing how that plays out. Thanksgiving is a pretty big event too so it seems as though Melanie definitely likes him. I'm glad that she shares his interest in basketball!

Great update!
Yeah things are really developing between the two of them.

Move over Omar Epps, this is the real story of Love and Basketball (which came out 1 year after all this was happening).
Old 10-21-2014, 02:17 AM   #13
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

November 30th, 1999

"I'm home!" Parker's dad called out as he walked in the front door.

"Dad!" Parker said, running up and giving his father a hug.

"Oh Parker, it's so good to see you! It feels like it's been an eternity."

"I know. I missed you."

"Did you get taller again?" He said and they laughed. "So are the Lakers on tonight?"

"Yeah, they tip off in ten minutes."

"Perfect! I'll heat up something to eat and we can watch together."

"Yeah."

"Honey, I'm so glad your back, finally!" Parker's mom entered, and said, hugging her husband.

—————————————————

"So who are we playing?" Parker's dad asked, sitting down next to him on the couch with a microwaved chicken pot pie.

"The Sonics."

"They any good this year?"

"They have the same record as we do, and they have Gary Payton, but it's too early to tell."

"Alright. But we should have no problem, since we have Shaq, right?"

"Yeah."

"Is Kobe playing tonight, or is he still out?" Parker's dad asked.

"He's healthy, but they don't want to throw him in off an injury on a back-to-back, so they're sitting him tonight, he'll play tomorrow against the Warriors."

"Okay, that makes sense."

"Yeah. They're about to tip off."

—————————————————

"Oh! What a play by Shaq!" Parker yelled, high fiving his dad.

"Man, he's so good."

"Yeah, he's gonna be one of the best ever for sure."

"No doubt."

"If the rest of the team new how to shoot, maybe we would actually be winning right now, instead of tied at the end of the first."

"Yeah, but I'm sure we'll pull away." Parker's dad said. "So, son, I feel like I never see you anymore, with work and all. What's new with you."

"Actually I do have some big news. I have a girlfriend."

"Really! Wonderful. Who's the lucky lady?"

"Her name is Melanie, and she's amazing. She's gorgeous, smart, kind, we laugh at the same things, she's really cool, and guess what? She likes basketball too."

"Well she sounds like a keeper to me." Parker's dad said with a smile. "I'm happy for you. So when do I get to meet her?"

"Homecoming is in a couple weeks, so probably then."

"Do you have a tux?"

"No..." Parker said, confused.

"Well you need a tux if you're going to go to a dance with her."

"Well yeah, but we have time."

"Not if you want to get a nice one, and get it tailored. I'll take you tux shopping tomorrow. You're gonna be in style when you go."

"Thanks." Parker said. "I do technically still have to ask her first though, but she'll say yes obviously."

"Yeah."

—————————————————

"Hey, we're starting to pull away now." Parker's dad said.

"Yeah, Shaq's a beast in the post, we're killing 'em in the paint."

"Yeah, and it helps that Ron Harper knocked down two 3's."

"Derek Fisher is awful though." Parker said.

"Well he's young, let him grow and develop."

"Yeah, but he just isn't good. He's shooting badly, taking bad shots, and just not playing well. I mean, this is year 4 for him, he should have figured it out by now."

"Some guys are late bloomers. besides he's only starting because Kobe is out. I think he'll thrive off the bench. He's only 25."

"Yeah, I guess."

—————————————————

Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Parker the PLAYER. Dude steps up in the clutch. Young love.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #15
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

December 8th, 1999

—————————————————

[NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: So, I don't have anymore story between the last story post (in which we saw the first documented case of Cockblock-Cat), and this game, but since it's a basketball dynasty I thought I'd throw another basketball game summary at you while I work on the next post, since these don't take long and they're fun to do, and again, it's a basketball dynasty, I'd being doing it wrong if there wasn't any basketball.]

Last edited by BraedenG33; 10-21-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #16
Banned

BraedenG33's Arena

December 10th, 1999

"Parker!" Parker's mom called, "Are you almost ready, you're going to be late!"

"Yeah, Mom! I'll be down in a sec!" Parker hurried down the stairs to meet his mom.

"Finally, now let's go. The game starts in 15 minutes." Parker's mom told him.

"I know, I know I'm going."

He got in the car and his mom drove as fast as she could to the school. Tonight was the homecoming football game. We were playing Sunnyvale, a team from Northern California that was known to be perennially bad. They'd won just 3 games in the last 6 seasons. Parker wasn't a big fan of football anyway (there was no team in LA to root for, obviously), so he didn't mind. For him this was just another opportunity to see Melanie.

"So are you excited?"

"Yeah, it'll be great to see Melanie again."

"You two have really hit it off, haven't you?" His mom said.

"Yeah, she's great."

"Well, when are we going to meet her?"

"I don't know. I thought you guys might get to meet her tomorrow, but she's not coming to our house I'm going over there."

"Okay. Well I'm dying to meet her. Invite her over some time."

"Alright mom."

—————————————————

Where is she? He thought. He scanned the entire crowd, looking for her, when suddenly, a pair of hands covered his eyes.

"Hey, Parker." A girl whispered in his ear, in a voice that could only belong to one person. He smiled, pulled her hands down, and turned around.

"Hey there, beautiful." He said as they leaned in and kissed.

"Should we go sit down?" She asked.

"Yeah, let's go." Parker and Melanie found a spot to sit and she got comfortable, leaning on him as he put his arm around her.

"So, Parker, do you even like football?" She asked.

"Not really, but I mean, its the homecoming game, and it's a chance to see you. Why? Do you like football."

"Not really, but I'm forced to watch it by my dad. He played in high school."

"What position."

"Linebacker."

"Of course he did..." He said frustratedly, and they both laughed. "So Melanie, are you excited for the dance tomorrow?"

"Yeah! Absolutely!" She said. "It's gonna be so much fun."

"Yeah. Except I don't know how to dance..."

"Oh relax, you'll be fine." She said.

"Thanks."

"So how did you do an Benson's quiz?"

"I did alright, 91."

"Really? I studied for 3 hours and I only got an 84. How long did you study for?"

Parker looked at her and grinned, with a shrug, he said, "Well...."

"You didn't study!?" She said, shocked.

"Not really no."

"Wow."

"I don't know how I manage to do so well in that class. I hardly ever study and and I don't even pay attention in class."

"You don't?"

"No, you're in there. You're too beautiful, it's distracting."

"HAHA, very funny." She said. she shoved him playfully and he grabbed her arms and brought her in close, then smiled a little before kissing her. After a little bit, they finally separated.

"You're too much, Parker."

"Thanks, but you make it easy, you're amazing." They smiled.

—————————————————

Later on in the game Parker and Melanie made their way down below the bleachers, wear it was less crowded.

"This is nice." Melanie said.

"Yeah."

"Hey, Parker?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." She said. She loves me? He thought. Parker took a moment for the words to sink in. She loves me... slowly a huge, almost goofy looking grin spread across his face.

"I love you too." He said back. Parker grabbed her by the hips as she swung her arms around his neck, and their lips met again for a passionate kiss. Parker felt his heart rate soar, and she could feel her's too. He could feel her flawless body pressed against his. Eventually, they separated.

"That was..." she began.

"Amazing..." he finished for her.

I love her.... Parker thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »