Home

Coaching Dynasty of Coach Gray - NCAA Basketball 10

This is a discussion on Coaching Dynasty of Coach Gray - NCAA Basketball 10 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #41
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coaching Dynasty of Coach Gray - NCAA Basketball 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Question for you have you played both this game and 2k8? Just from a presentation level this game looks amazing but just wondering how well done the legacy/dynasty is done as well as recruiting.
Funny you should ask...I've been doing a sim legacy with CH2k8 because I'm pretty terrible at that game but I love how deep that game is.

-Presentation-wise and overall looks of the game are not even close, NCAA Basketball 10 wins here.

-However, game play is dominant in CH2k8 since there are a ton of ways to to cheat your way to victory in NCAA BB 10.

-Recruiting is crappy in NCAA BB 10 because you get a certain amount of points FOR YOUR ENTIRE SEASON. This is cool because it really causes you to take pause at who you go after and how hard. It's too easy once you get the hang of it though, therefore recruiting-wise I'd give the nod to CH2k8.

Here's why I run both at the same time: I LOVE the presentation of NCAA Basketball 10...I love the CBS and ESPN integration, it just sucks me in. I've also figured some house rules that help me not to dominate the CPU defensively. I LOVE the depth of CH2k8 with recruiting and statistics kept. Little things, but again, something I like is as small as the Mid-Major Poll and Bubble Teams table with the team's RPI attached to it.

It all comes down to personal preference and I'm a sucker for a good looking game, so I've been all over NCAA Basketball 10 the most.

As I alluded to at the beginning, I've been sim-watching games in CPU vs. CPU with CH2k8 and I'm ready to post most of season 1 now, so expect a double dose from me shortly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coaching Dynasty of Coach Gray - NCAA Basketball 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
Funny you should ask...I've been doing a sim legacy with CH2k8 because I'm pretty terrible at that game but I love how deep that game is.

-Presentation-wise and overall looks of the game are not even close, NCAA Basketball 10 wins here.

-However, game play is dominant in CH2k8 since there are a ton of ways to to cheat your way to victory in NCAA BB 10.

-Recruiting is crappy in NCAA BB 10 because you get a certain amount of points FOR YOUR ENTIRE SEASON. This is cool because it really causes you to take pause at who you go after and how hard. It's too easy once you get the hang of it though, therefore recruiting-wise I'd give the nod to CH2k8.

Here's why I run both at the same time: I LOVE the presentation of NCAA Basketball 10...I love the CBS and ESPN integration, it just sucks me in. I've also figured some house rules that help me not to dominate the CPU defensively. I LOVE the depth of CH2k8 with recruiting and statistics kept. Little things, but again, something I like is as small as the Mid-Major Poll and Bubble Teams table with the team's RPI attached to it.

It all comes down to personal preference and I'm a sucker for a good looking game, so I've been all over NCAA Basketball 10 the most.

As I alluded to at the beginning, I've been sim-watching games in CPU vs. CPU with CH2k8 and I'm ready to post most of season 1 now, so expect a double dose from me shortly!
Being how the recruiting and coaches ladder is my main reason for running a legacy and posting I will probably just stick with 2k8, but maybe someday I will pick up a copy of NCAA10 just for fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »