Home

Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

This is a discussion on Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #73
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Bryant traded to Hornets

Bryant traded to Charlotte Hornets

It was 1996. The NBA draft was fast approaching and a young high-school phenom had caught the attention of many NBA scouts prior to the draft night.

Although Bryant's hometown Philadelphia 76ers had the #1 pick in the draft, they elected to go with the Georgetown Standout Allen Iverson. Bryant went 13th in the Draft after Bryant and his agent Arn Tellem announced emphatically that his client wouldn't play for the Charlotte Hornets.

The Lakers and Hornets had a pre-arranged trade essentially swapping Bryant for Vlade Divac. The trade took a month to complete until the salary cap was raised allowing Shaq to sign his new contract first after leaving the Magic.

"That is an impossibility. There are no if's. It would not happen'' the agent, Arn Tellem, said when asked what would happen if a proposed trade for Los Angeles Laker Vlade Divac fell through.

"He is going to be a Laker, and that's the only team he's playing for. He went down five spots to do this, to make this happen, and it will happen.''

Tellem also implied he intimidated New Jersey out of drafting Bryant eighth overall so he could be chosen 13th by the Hornets and traded to the Lakers. The Nets elected for Kerry Kittles instead.

And now 19 years later, Bryant is heading to Charlotte at last. Bryant technically has only been a registered member of two NBA franchises, and this fact now won't change. The loss to Los Angeles is already being felt, as fans were already demonstrating outside staples center last night. The loss of an icon, one of the all time greats, Michael Kidd Gilchrist you better be ready. I'm sure the Lakers brass will feel this loss in their deep pockets too. One of the most marketable superstars of the last decade is gone.

The trade was initially a two team deal between the Lakers and Hornets. Charlotte were sending Lance Stephenson, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Marvin Williams and 2 future 1st rd picks to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant.

Somewhere along the line, the Lakers done their homework and decided they didn't want Stephenson, and all the headaches he brings with him. They already have Nick Young for example. They would settle for Gerald Henderson and another 1st rd pick. So the Hornets had to go in search for another pick. Rich Cho picked up the phone and rang another transitional team, the Indiana Pacers. He offered them Stephenson, and former Indiana Hoosier Cody Zeller. In return he asked for David West, Adam Morrison and a 1st round pick.

The Pacers done some soul searching and decided the future looked brighter with Stephenson back and the young promising hometown kid on their roster. They could part with the 1st rd pick as they are due to be in contention for a playoff spot with Stephenson back. Bryant apparently had stated his desire to have Adam Morrison and David West join forces with him in Charlotte, and this meant it could happen, it might not have been a deal-breaker but it certainly helped seal the deal for Bryant.

So the Hornets now had 3 1st rd picks to go along with MKG, Henderson and Marvin Williams. That was all the Lakers needed to go with it. A good prospect or two, and 3 future 1st rd picks. All a rebuilding team desires. The trade in full now at long last. Bryant will officially be unveiled at a press conference later in Charlotte.

Outgoing

Los Angeles Lakers Trade: Kobe Bryant, Wesley Johnson

Charlotte Hornets Trade: Lance Stephenson, Gerald Henderson, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, 2015 1st Rd Pick, 2017 1st Rd Pick

Indiana Pacers Trade: David West, Adam Morrison, 2015 1st Rd Pick.

Incoming
Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Gerald Henderson, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, 2015 1st Rd Pick, 2017 1st Rd Pick (via Hornets), 2015 1st Rd Pick (via Pacers)

Charlotte Hornets Receive: Kobe Bryant, Wesley Johnson, Adam Morrison, David West

Indiana Pacers Receive: Lance Stephenson, Cody Zeller

Old 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #74
Rookie

smpipkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

Wow to Charlotte? I didn't see this happening. Good luck with the hornets. At least you have Kobe with you.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #75
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Re: Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpipkin
Wow to Charlotte? I didn't see this happening. Good luck with the hornets. At least you have Kobe with you.
I'd been sowing the seeds with all the articles recently, was wondering if anyone would figure it out! I made this trade, but think it will shake things up nicely!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #76
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Ammo's Angle

Ammo's Angle

Back in Charlotte Baby! Really didn't see this one coming! A chance for redemption here in Charlotte. Hard to pass up. I decided to take my old number back too. I wouldn't feel right wearing Alonzo Mourning's old number! Larry explained the whole trade to me last night over the phone. I was watching the Heat play the Bulls last night when David Aldridge broke news of the Kobe trade. But I had no idea I was involved at that stage. Pretty darn exciting. And that was just for the fact that Kobe was traded.

After our chat a few weeks back I really hoped I would have the chance to play with Kobe again, but I didnt think it was a possibility. Larry said Kobe specifically asked for D West and I to be brought to Charlotte with him. He said our veteran experience and driven personalities are what's vitally needed to compete every night. I've really brought it every night since my comeback with Indiana, and I owe so much to Reggie Miller, Larry Bird and the Pacers. You said you'd do right by me and you have.

I want to thank the Pacers organisation and I look forward to facing those guys pretty soon again. I wish them well with Lance rejoining them. I don't have any hard feelings towards them, as they all really missed him up there.

Now onto Charlotte. I better get in touch with Kobe later. I got my photoshoot done, and he's flying in at noon from L.A. This trade will really send shockwaves around the NBA. The fan's get to see Kobe V LeBron a lot more often now, starting with our game 2 days from now in the Hive versus the Cavs! I have so much to ask Kobe, like what did Michael say?

He has so much respect and admiration for Michael, i'm sure the feeling is mutual. It's interesting that Michael want's to give Kobe a chance to equal his legacy of 6 championship titles.

From a roster point of view I will have to fight off guys like Wesley Johnson and Jeff Taylor (When he returns from suspension) for playing time. It'll be a tough task as Kobe has some chemistry with Johnson from the Lakers this year. I've also heard PJ Hairston has got game, so again, I'll need to work hard to maintain my minutes. But it's a challenge i'm ready for. I've prepared for this moment. I have gained experience the hard way riding the pine with the Lakers two title wins.

Better sort myself some accomodation out for the months ahead. Might look into my old house! I better let the other half know the plan of action, the family were due to fly over here and visit me this week in Indiana, but things have changed! Let's go Hornets, nice to be part of the return to the Hive!

Old 01-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #77
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Hornets not done dealing just yet.

Charlotte Hornets not done dealing yet.

Only 1 day after the spectacular trade that brought Kobe Bryant to Charlotte, it became fairly obvious that the Hornets have their eyes set on the big prize in June. If you look at the roster you do see some hole's that need to be filled. The rotation could be very deep, or you could look at young players like Noah Vonleh, PJ Hairston and Bismack Biyombo and think, surely they can't get it done with just those guys. You look at vet's like Jason Maxiell, the tough light's out shooter Gary Neal (When fit) and the rejuvenated Adam Morrison, and you still wonder, is it enough?!

Well people like Michael Jordan and Rich Cho see those same things and they are moving very quickly to add some more depth and experience. Former UConn Huskie Ray Allen is apparently about to sign on the dotted line for the Hornets today. the 40 year old sharpshooter has been resting for the last few months after a disappointing NBA finals loss with Miami.

Allen has been sought after by almost all the contending teams in the NBA , but it appears he is staying in the East and he's not joining LeBron in Cleveland. He is set to join forces with Kobe in Charlotte. The long time rival's may be golden oldies now, but they certainly pack a scoring punch. And Charlotte will need every bit of help to get this risky roster shakeup to work.

The new look Hornets face the Cavs and LeBron tomorrow night in the Hive. With only 1 practice session tonight under their belts, they will certainly be under serious pressure to get it right straight away. Either way, I cant wait to see Kobe in Hornets uniform finally after 19 years!

Last edited by RMJH4; 01-08-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #78
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 34 V Cavs

Game 34 Cleveland Cavaliers 111 - 110 Charlotte Hornets

Morrison gets his first points as a Hornet as LeBron falls asleep, Kobe Bryant watches on, he had 24 tonight as the Hornets came up short.

Cavaliers Starters
K. Irving
S. Marion
L. James
K. Love
A. Varejao

Hornets Starters
K. Walker
K. Bryant
W. Johnson
D. West
A. Jefferson

Game Leaders
Pts - 28 - L. James (Cavs)
Rebs - 14 - K. Love (Cavs)
Asts - 7 - K. Walker (Hornets)
Stls - 5 - D. West (Hornets)
Blks - 2 - W. Johnson (Hornets)

Player of the Game
L. James
28pts, 8 rebs, 6 asts, 3 stl, 1 blk

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 20 pts, 6 rebs in 28 mins.

"What a night back in Charlotte. It was almost the perfect return. LeBron and Co showed why they are one of the top teams in the East with this win. They really ground it out well. I had a great game off the bench. Wes Johnson started ahead of me for his defense and chemistry with Kobe I think, but man did I step up and show what I could provide for this team. Kobe had a solid game with 24 points, Kemba had 23 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts and 4 steals. He looks terrific and playing alongside Kobe will really help him reach the next level. Kobe helps everyone reach the next level really. And we need to get it together quickly to stay at the top of the east playoff race. Off to Orlando now, lets get our first W guys."

Last edited by RMJH4; 01-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #79
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM35 V Magic

Game 35 Charlotte Hornets 95 - 77 Orlando Magic

Bryant found Morrison with a bounce pass off a great baseline cut.

Hornets Starters
K. Walker
K. Bryant
W. Johnson
D. West
A. Jefferson

Magic Starters
E. Payton
V. Oladipo
T. Harris
C. Frye
N. Vucevic

Game Leaders
Pts - 20 - K. Bryant (Hornets)
Rebs - 13 - A. Jefferson (Hornets)
Asts - 6 - L. Ridnour (Magic)
Stls - 5 - K. Bryant (Hornets)
Blks - 3 - D. West (Hornets)

Player of the Game
K. Bryant
20pts, 5 rebs, 3 asts, 5 stls

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 13 pts, 3 rebs, 1 blk in 29 mins.

"Great win tonight guys. Good to get a win for this franchise too as I never did get many of them here the last time! Kobe was excellent tonight. He got the ball moving and set the tone with his superb defense, he had 5 steals tonight. The Magic have disimproved since we played them last, and their record has put their coaches head on the line. I've heard some rumors around that our coach could be under serious pressure to get us playing well straight away or he could be headed for the exit. I like Steve so far, very organised and driven. I think that type of coach suits Kobe and I anyway."
Old 01-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #80
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM36 V Celtics

Game 36 Charlotte Hornets 100 - 91 Boston Celtics

The Hornets had a great spread of scorers tonight, Morrison had 17.

Hornets Starters
K. Walker
K. Bryant
A. Morrison
D. West
A. Jefferson

Cetics Starters
J. Nelson
A. Bradley
J. Green
J. Sullinger
K. Olynk

Game Leaders
Pts - 23 - K. Bryant (Hornets)
Rebs - 13 - J. Sullinger (Celtics)
Asts - 7 - J. Nelson (Celtics)
Stls - 4 - K. Walker (Hornets)
Blks - 2 - A. Jefferson (Hornets)

Player of the Game
K. Bryant
23pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 17 pts, 1 reb, 2 stls in 30 mins.

"Great win against of one of the weaker teams in the East. we have to be beating all the sub .500 teams, which in the East goes up as far as 7th place! We need to push for a top 4 seed in the playoffs. We had a great spread of scorers tonight. Kobe had 23, Kemba had 20, I had 17 and Wes had 12. Wes and I are working well at the 3 spot. We play together a few times and it seems to work. Ray Allen however is looking his age. He has scored 7, 9 and 5 tonight, and has been way off the pace. He hasn't played in a few months, but he'll get it eventually. If he plays to his potential we will have a super second unit."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »