Home

Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

This is a discussion on Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #49
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Trade Rumors

Bryant Unhappy in L.A?

With the Lakers standing dead last in the West and tied 2nd last for the worst record in the league the 4-13 Lakers don't look like improving anytime soon. Rookie Julius Randle is out for the season, and the Lakers have a couple of low potential younsters, and declining veterans left to go to battle every night. Apart from one man that is. Kobe Bryant. When Bryant and Mitch Kupchak signed that massive contract extension last season, they should have foretold this.

They swung for the fences with Carmelo, and missed this summer. Nobody wanted to play in L.A. with an aging Kobe. Carmelo hasnt faired out much better sso far, with the Knicks sitting near the bottom of the East too. I wonder if any of those guys would like a redo on how the summer faired out. If Kobe had taken a smaller contract maybe Melo would have joined him.

The way the season is playing out, Kobe is just gunning to pass Jordan on the All Time Scoring List. The Lakers wont end up with many wins as a result. And when the season bottoms out, Kobe only has one more year to chase a ring. And to try and catch Jordan in that category too. At this rate, its never going to happen. There arent enough big name free agents willing to take a paycut to help Kobe in his final season next year.

So what are his options?

Option 1A - Demand a Trade - Hope to get some help

He demanded a trade a few years ago, and it resulted in a certain Pau Gasol ending up on the Lakers. 2 more rings later and Kobe had played the correct hand. Could it work this time? Short answer: No. The Lakers have too many holes to fill, and just dont have the capspace.

Option 1B - Demand a Trade - Leave the Lakers

Could Kobe do the unthinkable? If he does, who would be willing to trade for him? Who has the capspace? Who could he push into championship contention without gutting their roster?

Here are some of his options.

1) New York Knicks

The Knicks have the contracts, Stoudemire, Bargnani etc, but could Kobe and Melo coexist?! Surely they would need a plethora of trades to reshape the roster around them. Or could Kobe and Melo trade places straightup, if they do and believe me it would take some guts by Phil Jackson, they better make sure Carmelo and his wife are happy to move to L.A. Reuniting with Phil Jax and Fisher is very appealing though.

Chance of happening 8/10

2) Brooklyn Nets

Much like the Knicks, the Nets have the contracts to matchup too. Joe Johnson, Lopez, and Willams among many could be swapped without gutting the roster. I'd imagine the Nets would give anything to get Bryant, and renew some hope of winning a title, because their current roster wont get it done.

Chance of happening 7/10

3) Charlotte Hornets

Back to where it all began. Well almost. Charlotte drafted Bryant and traded him on draft night. He said he only wanted to play in Los Angeles. Would he go back on that now? If Kobe trusts Jordan to put a team around him and help him chase his championship wins then he could go for it. The Hornets have some promising young players to exchange like, Kidd Gilchrist, Zeller and maybe even Stephenson or Henderson. They also have some draft picks in their back pocket too. I cant see Bryant going here, but the Lakers would jump at a chance to grab some of these players.

Chance of happening 5/10
Old 01-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #50
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 20 v Kings

Game 20 Indiana Pacers 108 - 103 Sacramento Kings

Morrison beats McLemore to the rim for the easy lay-in from a great cut.

Pacers Starters
C. Watson
R. Stuckey
C. Miles
D. West
R. Hibbert

Kings Starters
D. Collison
B. McLemore
R. Gay
J. Thompson
D. Cousins

Game Leaders
Pts - 27 - D. Cousins (Kings)
Rebs - 14 - D. Cousins (Kings)
Asts - 9 - C. Watson (Pacers)
Stls - 3 -A. Morrison (Pacers)
Blks - 2 - J. Thompson (Kings)

Player of the Game
D. West
19pts, 12 rebs, 3 ast, 1 blk

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 16 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 3 stls in 22 mins.

"Great win tonight. Nice feeling even if we didn't play very well. The Kings are in a bit of turmoil at the moment as rumors are circling that their head coach Mike Malone may be fired very soon. They have a decent roster and aren't far out of the playoff race. However we stepped up our game tonight. I wasn't starting, or Cope either, but we both scored 16 point each. Its going to be difficult to get a starting spot going up against CJ Miles, Stuckey and Copeland but I'm up for it. I think the key is stepping up my defense and tonight I had 3 steals. It was tough defending McLemore and Gay but I done ok. Gay had 16 and McLemore 4 so thats a good night as far as our wings were concerned! D West was back to his best, which is always a good sign."
Old 01-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #51
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 21 v Hawks

Game 21 Atlanta Hawks 98 - 113 Indiana Pacers

Morrison hits Hibbert to connect on one of his 3 assist's tonight

Hawks Starters
J. Teague
K. Korver
D. Carroll
P. Millsap
A. Horford

Pacers Starters
C. Watson
R. Stuckey
C. Copeland
D. West
R. Hibbert

Game Leaders
Pts - 34 - J. Teague (Hawks)
Rebs - 11 - A. Horford (Hawks)
Asts - 8 - J. Teague (Hawks)
Stls - 2 -A. Morrison (Pacers)
Blks - 3 - R. Hibbert (Pacers)

Player of the Game
A. Morrison
19pts, 7 rebs, 3 ast, 2 stls

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 19pts, 7 rebs, 3 ast, 2 stls in 24 mins.

"Wow, now that's laying down a marker tonight.My minutes didnt increase but I played most of the 4th quarter. An all around performance like that should be noticed by coach Vogel. Here's hoping to get the start or more minutes in the next game. Two wins in a row and things are finally starting to click for us. Jeff Teague was unstoppable but everyone else we had their match tonight. Lets get ourselves rolling and back into contention for the playoffs."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #52
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

GM 22 v Clippers

Game 22 Los Angeles Clippers 109 - 86 Indiana Pacers

Morrison got the start but didn't perform aswell as expected, still he was 2nd highest scorer with 12 pts.

Clippers Starters
C. Paul
J. Redick
M. Barnes
B. Griffin
D. Jordan

Pacers Starters
C. Watson
R. Stuckey
A. Morrison
D. West
R. Hibbert

Game Leaders
Pts - 28 - B. Griffin (Clippers)
Rebs - 12 - B. Griffin (Clippers)
Asts - 7 - M. Barnes (Clippers)
Stls - 3 - R. Stuckey (Pacers)
Blks - 4 - D. Jordan (Clippers)

Player of the Game
B. Griffin
28pts, 12 rebs, 2 ast, 2 blks

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 12pts, 2 rebs, 2 ast, 1 stls in 21 mins.

"Well great to get the start tonight but I didnt perform well. Matt Barnes was tough to guard. But man did I enjoy guarding JJ Redick. The old rivarly was reignited again. He finished with 13 and I had 12 points. Had a good chat with him after the game. He's carved out a nice role for himself in the league. If I do anything like he has I'd be very pleased with my career. He said it would be great to catch up more often, and even asked if I would like to come out there and play if I have the opportunity. The Los Angeles lifestyle is great, but I'm more of a small town boy! "
Old 01-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #53
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

3 Game Review

Game 23 Indiana Pacers 105 - 119 Toronto Raptors

Morrison hits the open 3, something he has been terrific at doing this season, he ended up with a team high 19 points.

Pacers Starters
C. Watson
A. Morrison
C. Copeland
D. West
R. Hibbert

Raptors Starters
K. Lowry
L. Williams
T. Ross
A. Johnson
J. Valanciunas

Game Leaders
Pts - 43 - L. Williams (Raptors)
Rebs - 11 - J. Valanciunas (Raptors)
Asts - 11 - K. Lowry (Raptors)
Stls - 4 - T. Ross (Raptors)
Blks - 4 - A. Johnson (Raptors)

Player of the Game
K. Lowry
17pts, 8 rebs, 11 ast, 2 stls

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 19pts, 6 rebs, 1 stl in 24 mins.

Game 24 Portland Trailblazers 116 - 100 Indiana Pacers

The Blazers and Batum struggled to keep Morrison off the 3pt line tonight. But again his team high 18 points weren't enough for the Pacers

Trailblazers Starters
D. Lillard
W. Matthews
N. Batum
L. Aldridge
R. Lopez

Pacers Starters
C. Watson
R. Stuckey
C. Copeland
D. West
R. Hibbert

Game Leaders
Pts - 25 - D. Lillard (Blazers)
Rebs - 11 - R. Lopez (Blazers)
Asts - 7 - D. Lillard (Blazers)
Stls - 3 - S. Blake (Blazers)
Blks - 5 - D. West (Pacers)

Player of the Game
D. Lillard
25pts, 7 rebs, 7 ast, 2 stls

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 18pts, 2 asts, 1 stl in 23 mins.

Game 25 Los Angeles Lakers 93 - 95 Indiana Pacers

Bryant and Morrison faced off tonight, the two former Lakers had a great battle, and surprisingly Morrison came out on top, outscoring Bryant 13 - 12.

Lakers Starters
J. Lin
K. Bryant
W. Johnson
C. Boozer
J. Hill

Pacers Starters
G. Hill
A. Morrison
C. Miles
D. West
R. Hibbert

Game Leaders
Pts - 24 - J. Lin (Lakers)
Rebs - 15 - J. Hill (Lakers)
Asts - 8 - K. Bryant (Lakers)
Stls - 4 - J. Lin (Lakers)
Blks - 2 - J. Hill (Lakers)

Player of the Game
C. Watson
22pts, 6 rebs, 7 ast, 2 stls

Ammo's Angle

Statline: 13pts, 3 rebs in 28 mins.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #54
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Ammo's Angle

Ammo's Angle

"Well I thought I'd start off with that screenshot I found today. 7th in the league in 3pt %. Pretty sweet, and a testament to the work Ive put in over the last 2 years. Thanks Reggie, you set me on the road to recovery. All those late nights working on my shooting, my strength and conditioning. Getting my diet right. Flying all over the country to workout with Ray Allen, John Stockton.

A big thank you to Gonzaga University too, they let me use their facilities and train with the guys behind closed doors. And to my family, for giving me the time to pursue my goal once again. Love you all. Hope I'm making you proud guys!

Well this season has been a rollercoaster for me and the rest of the Pacers. I've played pretty well so far, averaging over 14.5ppg. My defense is improving in leaps and bounds. Using my height and long arms to my advantage when possible. Coach Vogel and his staff have advised me to try and become a 3 and D type wing, as thats what we need right now and into the next season. In fact thats the type of player making dollars in the league regularly, and making contenders rosters.

Speaking of which, it was good to catch-up with Kobe this week. My how the Lakers have fallen. He's a great guy and he's always had plenty of time for me. When Kobe praises you in public, it makes you mighty proud. He is really disappointed with the Lakers season, and roster too. He's having to swallow his pride and play through it. At the moment he's closing in on Jordans scoring record, and that's all he has to keep him focused. He said he'd love to have me on the roster with him again, as I always stayed focused and keep everything competitive.

I wouldn't mind playing with the Lakers or Kobe again, but I dont know how that would happen. Larry had a meeting with Roy and I last week after the Blazers game. They were looking to trade for Roy and I but Larry wasn't happy with the offer. He just wanted to let us know before it hit the press. Got to admire Larry for that among a million other things. He's straight up and lets you know the lay of the land. Speak of the devil, here's a text from Larry now..."

Old 01-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

Wow look at how Morrison is performing so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #56
Rookie

smpipkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reloaded: The Final Chapter for Adam Morrison.

Maybe they're coming back at Larry with a better offer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »