Home

Brew City Hoops

This is a discussion on Brew City Hoops within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #9
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
11/5/14 vs Chicago Bulls

[Game Links: Bulls Boxscore | Bucks Boxscore | Team Comparison | Shot Chart]
Bucks-Bulls Notebook
By ESPN.com
Posted Nov. 5, 2014

Good: Joakim Noah. After Derrick Rose went down in the 1st quarter with a concussion, the reigning defensive player of the year stepped up and led the Bulls to their third straight win. Noah scored a team high 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting and pulled down 15 rebounds with 2 blocks in the blowout win over the Bucks.

Bad: Jerryd Bayless. It was one of those nights for Jerryd Bayless who struggled to find his shot against the stifling Chicago Bulls defense. Bayless finished with 9 points and 4 rebounds but only shot 4-of-13 from the field and was a -6 during his time on the court.

Quotable: "My teammates got me the ball in all the right spots and I just played my game." Bulls PF Pau Gasol

X-Factor: Tony Snell. With Rose and Hinrich injured, Tony Snell had to play some spot point guard minutes and he had a pretty good outing. In 16 minutes, Snell went 6-of-11 from the floor to score 15 points. He also went a near perfect 3-of-4 from the three point line.

On Tap: Detroit Pistons

Old 01-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #10
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

Knight Breaks Kneecap

Knight Suffers Broken Kneecap

Milwaukee -- Point guard Brandon Knight will have surgery to repair a broken kneecap suffered Wednesday night against the Chicago Bulls and is expected to miss 4-6 months, the team announced.

Knight was hurt early in the 1st quarter after coming down awkwardly after attempting a corner three. Knight was unable to apply any pressure to his knee and needed help from Jabari Parker and Jared Dudley to leave the court.

"It all happened so fast man. I went up for the three and the next thing I know i heard a loud pop. Right then and there I knew something was wrong."

Through the first five games of the season, the 4th year guard out of Kentucky was averaging 13.6 ppg, 3.0 rpg, a career high 5.4 apg, 0.6 spg, and 0.6 bpg while shooting 47% from the field and 33% from behind the arc.

Last edited by Jumpman14; 01-08-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

11/7/14 @ Detroit Pistons

[Game Links: Bucks Boxscore | Pistons Boxscore | Team Comparison | Shot Chart]
Parker's game-winner lifts Bucks over Pistons
By ESPN.com
Posted Nov. 7, 2014

Good: Jabari Parker. Parker didn't have the best night shooting the ball (8-of-20) but he did other things to help the Bucks win. Parker notched his first triple double in the overtime win finishing with 23 points, 16 rebounds, and 10 assist including the game winning three pointer with 10.2 seconds left in overtime.

Bad: D.J. Augustin. After a great year with the Chicago Bulls last years, the Pistons rewarded Augustin with a nice contract, but so far he hasn't lived up to it. Augustin early season shooting woes continued as he went 1-of-11 from the floor for 4 points against the Bucks in 25 minutes of playing time.

Quotable: "The kid is the real deal, we see everyday at practice. He's got that Jordan killer instinct." Jason Kidd on Jabari Parker.

X-Factor: Jared Dudley. Dudley was on the receiving end on a lot of Parker's assist. The 8th year veteran scored a season high 18 points on 6-of-13 shooting including going 4-of-8 from behind the arc.

On Tap: Memphis Grizzlies

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #12
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

11/8/14 vs Memphis Grizzlies

[Game Links: Grizzlies Boxscore | Bucks Boxscore | Team Comparison]
Parker's 2nd straight triple-double not enough as Grizz defeat Bucks, 113-109
By ESPN.com
Posted Nov. 8, 2014

Good: Zach Randolph. With Marc Gasol out, Zach Randolph stepped up and carried the Grizzlies to the overtime win over the Bucks. Big Z-BO led the team with 25 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assist, and 2 steals on 11-of-17 shooting from the floor in 29 minutes. Milwaukke had no answers for Randolph as he bullied his way into the paint all game long.

Bad: Jabari Parker. Jabari Parker notched his 2nd consecutive triple double but it came ina loss and it came in a game where he shot the ball horribly. Parker finished the night 6-of-20 from the field and 2-of-9 from three to score his 16 points. He also had 10 rebounds and 10 assist but his shooting really killed the team's flow down the stretch.

Quotable: "Championship teams win games like this. They hit us with all they had and we still came out on top." Grizzlies SG Tony Allen

X-Factor: Kosta Koufos. The 7 foot big man out of Ohio State filled in nicely for the injured Marc Gasol. Koufos finished with 16 points and 17 rebounds while going 6-of-10 from the floor in 40 minutes.

On Tap: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-6)

Old 01-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Brew City Hoops

man tough break on Knight, that's a little rough....good luck with Bucks though, always an interesting team to go with. Parker looks like he's having a pretty strong start
Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

Re: Brew City Hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough
man tough break on Knight, that's a little rough....good luck with Bucks though, always an interesting team to go with. Parker looks like he's having a pretty strong start
Tell me about it. Was off to a pretty nice start with him. Now I'm in the market for a pg because Wolters and Marshall not gonna cut it.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 PM   #15
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

11/11/14 vs Oklahoma City Thunder

[Game Links: Thunder Boxscore | Bucks Boxscore | Team Comparison]
Westbrook and company blast the Bucks, 101-76
By ESPN.com
Posted Nov. 11, 2014

Good: Russell Westbrook. Westbrook had his way with the Bucks as the Tunder notched their 2nd win of the year. Westbrook scored a game high 39 points on 12-of-19 shooting from the floor. The former bruin also pulled down 8 rebounds and dished out 7 assist with 2 steals in 41 minutes of action.

Bad: Jabari Parker. The rookie's shooting slump continued against the Thunder. Parker only scored 8 points on 2-of-12 shooting from the field. After getting off to a hot start to begin the season, Parker has slowly begin to cool down the past few games.

Quotable: "It's my job to carry the team until KD gets back and that's what I been doing all season." Thunder PG Russell Westbrook

X-Factor: Reggie Jackson. jackson came off the bench and conteibuted 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assist in 28 minutes. Jackson finished 7-of-9 from the field and 2-of4 from behind the three point line.

On Tap: Orlando Magic

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #16
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

11/14/14 @ Orlando Magic

[Game Links: Bucks Boxscore | Magic Boxscore | Team Comparison]
Jabari does it all in win over the Orlando Magic
By ESPN.com
Posted Nov. 14, 2014

Good: Jabari Parker. Since Brandon Knight went down with a broken kneecap, Jabari Parker has stepped his game up in the playmaking area. The number two overall picked notched his 3rd straight double double racking up 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assist in 30 minutes against the Orlando Magic. Parker shot 8-of-12 from the floor, 2-of-4 from three, and 7-of-8 from the charity stripe.

Bad: Victor Oladipo. In his first game back since facial surgery, Victor Oladipo tried to do a little too much as he struggled to find his shot throughout the evening. Dipo finished 5-of-12 from the floor to score his 14 points off the Magic bench.

Quotable: "People just assumed all I can do is score. But I can do whatever coach needs me to do out there." Bucks SF Jabari Parker

X-Factor: Giannis Antetokounmpo. The Greek Freak finished with a season high 25 points on a very impressive 11-of-12 shooting from the field. ABC used his quickness against to get to the rack for wide open layups and vicious dunks. Antetokounmpo also finished with 3 rebounds and 2 assist.

On Tap: Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »